Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

difference between FX and non-FX version ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: difference between FX and non-FX version ??
    Posted: 02/16/2007 at 12:13am
I'm considering Bryce or Bryce FX .. but not sure which would suit me better.
I would prefer a fast one, but since FX is the lastest technology, would it be better than non-FX ? The price for both are the same, which leave me a choice to choose ..
Sponsored Links

Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 12:26am
everything with the letters FX on it is soft sponged
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 12:34am
what blade are you putting it on?
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2007 at 2:24am
donic cayman .. or my old one donic apelgren falcon ..

is it better with softer sponge ?
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2007 at 11:59am
gluing or not gluing?
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2007 at 4:25pm
not speed glue ..
Pip Master View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2007 at 4:41pm
if your not speed gluing dont use either of these rubbers, they are both horrible without glue, especially FX. unless you get the powersponge version.
pimpmyracket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmyracket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2007 at 9:33pm
If not speed gluing, try Dawei Inspirit. It's non-tacky and has good power, and definitely better than Bryce without speed glue.

-   pimpmyracket   -

729 Dynasty Hinoki Carbon, FL
Cream MRS
- 2.2mm
Stiga Innova - 2.0mm
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2007 at 11:51pm
If you don't want to glue, want BTY, and like it soft, get Catapult.  Either version of Bryce unglued performs unacceptable is nothing compared to its performance glued. (Who wants to start another war over that statement?) Three Nittaku rubbers that work OK ungled are Hammond X, Pro A, and Reforma.  You want speed, then Nittaku Hammond or Juic Couga.  Pipmaster and pimpMR have good suggestions as well. 
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 12:31am
pardon my ignorance.. how does speed gluing actually affect the quality of the shots ?

And if I speed glue, do I need to detach the rubber and reglue it before every match ? Otherwise how does the speed glue take effect ? And how long can the speed glue effect last ?
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 12:46am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

If you don't want to glue, want BTY, and like it soft, get Catapult.  Either version of Bryce unglued performs unacceptable is nothing compared to its performance glued. (Who wants to start another war over that statement?) Three Nittaku rubbers that work OK ungled are Hammond X, Pro A, and Reforma.  You want speed, then Nittaku Hammond or Juic Couga.  Pipmaster and pimpMR have good suggestions as well. 

comparing cermet and catapult, which is better ? I would like it to be fast ..
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 12:47am
btw, can you speed glue for long pimples ?
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 12:50am
Originally posted by pimpmyracket pimpmyracket wrote:

If not speed gluing, try Dawei Inspirit. It's non-tacky and has good power, and definitely better than Bryce without speed glue.

are you sure it's good ? the price is a bit low .. although I understand that doesn't reflect the quality .. hehe
pimpmyracket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmyracket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Kyle Kyle wrote:

Originally posted by pimpmyracket pimpmyracket wrote:

are you sure it's good ? the price is a bit low .. although I understand that doesn't reflect the quality .. hehe

Lots of Chinese top players use H2 or H3. These are not expensive rubbers. Don't compare Chinese brand prices to Japan/Europe prices.

Inspirit is good.

-   pimpmyracket   -

729 Dynasty Hinoki Carbon, FL
Cream MRS
- 2.2mm
Stiga Innova - 2.0mm
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 1:18am
i think it's a perception thingy .. I just like Japanese brand, despite their price; although I'm currently using China's Friendship RITC 729 ..
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 2:42pm
Kyle, If you can get the Inspirit where you are, then give it a try. You don't have a lot to lose by trying it, plus it gives you a chance to try the glue cutting techniques everyone talks about in the cutting rubber thread.   pimp looks like a consistant good advice giver, try it out.  Catapult is a built in rubber a touch faster than Sriver, Cerment is somewhere between Bryce and Catapult, but has its best performance glued, and is not so inexpensive.  Read up on speed gluing and get ready to do a ritual gluing every day you play if you choose to speed glue.  Try EE II if you want the boost and are too lazy to reglue every time you play.  I haven't tried a ton of Chinese rubbers, so I can't give you first-hand experience on them.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2007 at 11:53pm
is it so ? then I might as well take Catapult because the price of Cermet and Bryce are the same in my place.

I don't think I want to speed glue everyday .. that would be so annoying.

Yeah. I can get inspirit as well; but need more review on it. Chinese rubber usually don't last as long as Japanese rubber .. IMO though.
Jon2378 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon2378 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 12:29am
just go with sriver, or insprit etc.

you're not at a level where you would be ready to use bryce anyway... no point paying for more expensive rubbers that are worse than cheaper ones without glue
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 12:33am

lol try speed gluing that. I'd imagine it would roll onto itself LOL
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 12:34am
yeah .. you're right!! probably I'll give inspirit a try ..
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 12:35am
Originally posted by shij421 shij421 wrote:

lol try speed gluing that. I'd imagine it would roll onto itself LOL

are you serious ? that's funny
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 12:51am
Do yourself a favor and try the Inspirit.  It is a quality rubber.
Kyle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2007 at 3:03am
cheers .. I've decided to try inspirit ..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic