FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 48 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2018 at 7:10pm
Where did you order the Apolonia ZLC from? 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Sponsored Links

HarmonicTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2018 at 2:23pm
I got it from Japan direct but pingpong.pl sells it too he's a member on here
Fedex78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fedex78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2018 at 4:30pm
Dear guys, I'm at the third training day with the EL PRO 48 and I can confirm: great rubber! Incredibly easy to lift backspin, great control and power with control. I've ordered another one for next substitution, I'm gonna keep it for the rest of the season.
The EL PRO 43 on the backhand is not that bad but not great either. Good on topspin but not very good at lifting backspin...I'll probably come back to R42 on bh.
Viscaria FL
Omega VII Pro 2.0 Black FH
Omega VII Euro 2.0 Red BH
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2018 at 7:44am
Hi,

so generally is xt 48 better than el pro 48?

Could you please compare high throw, block, spin, linearity?

Thank you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2018 at 11:03am
I ordered xt 48
El pro 48 is not bad but passive blocking or passive shots are weird to adjust to lol. But spin and speed is very high. Because of the harder sponge and also immense speed of the el48 your serves have to be adjusted. I tried to serve my usual and they all went long. Didn't like that so going to experiment with xt 48. Xt48 looks promising.
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2018 at 1:31pm
Thank you. Write later about your experience with new xt:).
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2018 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by HarmonicTT HarmonicTT wrote:

I ordered xt 48
El pro 48 is not bad but passive blocking or passive shots are weird to adjust to lol. But spin and speed is very high. Because of the harder sponge and also immense speed of the el48 your serves have to be adjusted. I tried to serve my usual and they all went long. Didn't like that so going to experiment with xt 48. Xt48 looks promising.

If you really meant this:

I'm only at 1400-1500 range rating wise 

Then, I have this to say:
  1. If your aim is purely entertainment / having fun, then go for it (XT48, EL48 or whatever you like) and enjoy!
  2. However, if you want to try get a bit better, then IMHO, stay away from all this stuff and even MX-P. Use slightly slower, easier to use, more conventional and yet grippy rubbers (like Omega V Europe, Baracuda, Acuda Blue P2, etc). And pair it with a blade that exhibits less catapault (ie, could even be a composite blade but not the Apolonia ZLC). I'm not recommending that you go to some extreme ALL+ set-up - just an easier to use one that could still be OFF- / OFF.
  3. Especially stay away from this thin-sponged new gen stuff. It requires a bit of an adjustment to strokes / game and you would rather be learning something else than that.

Edited by slevin - 10/23/2018 at 7:07pm
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2018 at 7:13pm
In my opinion, Acuda Blue P2 sucks. Weird throw and not much spin. I didn't like it one bit. Same feeling with Omega Europe. My friend gave it to me for free after he hated it, I also didn't like it. I gave it to someone else for free. Honestly, those were two of the worst rubbers I've ever tried.  I'd recommend using Rozena or even Calibra Lt Spin to someone 1400-1500 working on improving. 

Edited by ericd937 - 10/23/2018 at 7:16pm
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 2:01am
People who Don't have already 'set' strokes or who play for fun would actually be better off with older gen stuff like aurus or vega pro (two of my all time favs). These new rubbers offer way too much auto-spin and kick to thr ball, which will definitely hinder someone's progress.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 6:54am
I haven't been to a tournament in like 6 months that's why I'm only in that range...
I already got adjusted to the apolonia zlc it's slow and only fast when I need it. Already beat other higher level players just because I was able to pace myself better.
I'm using t05 both sides and I'm doing just fine. All of those rubbers are trash to me and doesn't offer any safety on hard drives from opponents

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarmonicTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 6:56am
The only way to truely improve is to get smarter and ball placement. I've been doing close to the table pushing and blocking now instead of smashing the ball back 24/7 like I've always done. I know what I need to improve and in time I will see if I learned a thing or two. Mxp is fine since it's very controlled and good for all around attack.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 7:48am

I already got adjusted to the apolonia zlc it's slow and only fast when I need it. Already beat other higher level players just because I was able to pace myself better.
I'm using t05 both sides and I'm doing just fine.

Good for you that you found something that works!

I tried T05 2.1 both sides on my Apolonia ZLC. The catapault / non-linearity while blocking was way above my playing level (currently at 1925 - 2000 as a standard 2-winged looper). 
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 7:59am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

In my opinion, Acuda Blue P2 sucks. Weird throw and not much spin. I didn't like it one bit. Same feeling with Omega Europe. improving. 

I don't know - both seem pretty good to me IMHO. 

The Omega V Europe is more conventional and very powerful & spinny (perhaps the most out of all 45 deg rubbers out there). A 2500 rated well-regarded French forum member here described this as a more powerful T05. 

The Acuda Blue P2 is lower throw (much like T64) and has atleast as much spin as Bluefire M2 / T64 (except with a much better grip) from mid-distance. It has quite low initial catapult. Also, the topsheet is softer / thin and the rubber is very light. Both of these characteristics (low initial catapult, soft / thin topsheet) make this ideal for bouncy blades.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 9:24am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I'm using t05 both sides and I'm doing just fine.

Good for you that you found something that works!

I tried T05 2.1 both sides on my Apolonia ZLC. The catapault / non-linearity while blocking was way above my playing level (currently at 1925 - 2000 as a standard 2-winged looper). 

I'm also around the same level. I had the same problem with T05. When playing players at my level or below, it wasn't really a problem. When playing 2100+ level guys, I really noticed this issue. I don't have that problem with T80 in max sponge. 

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 9:28am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

In my opinion, Acuda Blue P2 sucks. Weird throw and not much spin. I didn't like it one bit. Same feeling with Omega Europe. improving. 

I don't know - both seem pretty good to me IMHO. 

The Omega V Europe is more conventional and very powerful & spinny (perhaps the most out of all 45 deg rubbers out there). A 2500 rated well-regarded French forum member here described this as a more powerful T05. 

The Acuda Blue P2 is lower throw (much like T64) and has atleast as much spin as Bluefire M2 / T64 (except with a much better grip) from mid-distance. It has quite low initial catapult. Also, the topsheet is softer / thin and the rubber is very light. Both of these characteristics (low initial catapult, soft / thin topsheet) make this ideal for bouncy blades.

I must admit, I actually used Omega IV Europe. I'm not sure if V was any better, I didn't try that one. I also didn't care for T64, it didn't suit my style. I tried P2 for about a week and i just couldn't make it work for me. All of my usual practice partners said that my spin with P2 was super low compared to other rubbers I've tried. Maybe it wasn't a good match with my blade? 
jackass22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackass22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 9:39am
So do you play with xiom omega IV euro now?
Don't you considere xiom omega vii euro?
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2018 at 7:04pm
Omega IV Europe was terrible for me. I'm currently playing T80 and 802-40. 
Javad_Ed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Javad_Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/25/2018 at 3:10pm
Hi, I want to but a new rubber, I just test T80 and really like the control and short game of it!
but the price is way too much here!
I'm looking for the closest replacement to T80 and I found El48 to be a match I think, at least on paper!
thank you in advance
Jan Ove Waldner
The Best Of All Times
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/28/2018 at 11:34pm
Honestly, just stick with T80. T80 is much more forgiving than EL Pro 48. T80 is better at countering and hitting. El Pro 48 requires a more precise racket angel than T80. T80 lasts longer. El Pro 48 is a pretty good rubber, but for me T80 was much better. 
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2018 at 8:42am
I got me a sheet about a month ago. It has some smell but not that of MXP or the Bluefires.

The first three weeks were awesome in terms of attacking play but it somehow died around four weeks of use. During the first 3 weeks it produced shots that are beyond the abilities of MXP but after that there is a significant drop in performance. I will test it for a couple of hours to see if this decrease has stopped.

I agree with Eric on everything he says.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2019 at 7:07pm
Finally,I was trying a brand new sheet ultramax on my blade today for a couple of hours.

As some stated, the rubber is really fast when you fully engage the sponge. It's kind of Innerforce rubber . OTOH, as a former MXP user, all I can say it's so different. This one has got a harder topsheet and MXP feel softer & bouncier, but they're really different so it's not an upgrade version of anything, just different.

The pros: 
The throw angle when close to the table tends to be really low. The ball flies almost straight with an annoying lows arc like Chinese rubbers. 

The service returns are indeed more accurate that other ESN older classics as MXP/M1...  Because of the harder topsheet which feels quite dead.

Pushes are also easier to control them as well as ball placement in the short game but you must to shake your wrist or chop harder to have a decent amount of spin. In other words, the mechanic spin is lower than top ESN old gen product (once again:  because the harder topsheet).

Topsheet looks durable, or at least i think so.  The grip is great and services have got a fair amount of spin. 

Drawbacks: it's not an easy rubber to use and personally I don't feel that soft as some people were saying. In spite of the thinner topsheet,  It's still a hard rubber for advanced players and it feels harder  than any T05 or regular MXP. It requires a period of adaptation and getting used to the racket angle specially at blocking game which is rather different than older gen rubbers 

The throw angle it describes it's quite flat and most of balls will land on the third zone or will go out of the table so you must be careful with that. It's difficult to land your shots close to the table or even in the middle of the table. Coming from M2 or EL-P, this Nexxus 48EL is noticeably harder and different.

Sometimes i feel the ultramax sponge has a weird behaviour.  At mid power strokes you can feel it might be slow, but when you hit hard then its ridiculous fast or it bottoms out without any apparent reason.

To be honest I struggled  taming it properly with my RW, so I had to switch to something slower like ZLC and even then, it was still quite fast and plenty of power. I don't recommend this to anyone lower than 2300. 

I can't imagine how fast and powerful might be 50° or 53°, imo these rubbers are only for pros.  Some user said that there's no reason to user fiber blades or fast blades with these new gen rubbers....  I'm fully agree with him. These super fast rubbers suit perfectly  slow 5 plys blades ALL+/OFF- speed. There's no justification to go for fibres because they're already fast enough for any amateur. 

Edited by jonyer1980 - 08/13/2019 at 7:11pm
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic