Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GITTTC to hit the road again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GITTTC to hit the road again
    Posted: 03/08/2019 at 10:59am
The Goose Island Traveling TT Club is getting ready for another trip from Texas to the West Coast.  Route includes Big Bend NP,  Tucson Mtn Park, Prescott,Az., Blythe,Ca, Sonora,Ca., Scramento,Ca., Redwoods NP, Salem,Or. (extended stay), Portland,Or., and Seattle,Wa.

If your club is along this route and you would be interested in a visit from the GITTTC and mjamja please let me know.  Some dates are already fixed, but there is some flexibility in the schedule.

Mark- President and janitor of Goose Island Traveling TT club.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2019 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

The Goose Island Traveling TT Club is getting ready for another trip from Texas to the West Coast.  Route includes Big Bend NP,  Tucson Mtn Park, Prescott,Az., Blythe,Ca, Sonora,Ca., Scramento,Ca., Redwoods NP, Salem,Or. (extended stay), Portland,Or., and Seattle,Wa.

If your club is along this route and you would be interested in a visit from the GITTTC and mjamja please let me know.  Some dates are already fixed, but there is some flexibility in the schedule.

Mark- President and janitor of Goose Island Traveling TT club.
What’s your estimated time frame for arrival to Seattle?
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2019 at 3:15am
Will have your Trouble Makers jersey at the ready if I am not out of town when you roll in.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2019 at 9:13am
So I offer to do multi-ball with you and the next thing I read is "you are outta here"? Straight outta Goose Island.
Gambler Hinoki Vector blade; Double inverted. Or some LPs.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2019 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

So I offer to do multi-ball with you and the next thing I read is "you are outta here"? Straight outta Goose Island.

I am going to be in Corpus for last 2 weeks of Mar. before heading out west.  Get your multi-ball feeding sharpened up before my arrival.

Mark
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2019 at 8:20pm

Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

I am going to be in Corpus for last 2 weeks of Mar. before heading out west.  Get your multi-ball feeding sharpened up before my arrival.

Mark

keep your expectations low and it will be fine...
Gambler Hinoki Vector blade; Double inverted. Or some LPs.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2019 at 1:08pm
If you plan a stop in or cruise through the Phoenix area (which seems inline with some of your destinations, let me know and I'll let you know what's available for play and when.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Gambler Zebra Classic w/ Dr. Evil
matwink View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matwink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2019 at 2:39pm
Table Tennis & More in Phoenix is open 6 days a week, throughout the day. So stop on by, with Jay!
matt
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2019 at 9:38am
May be next time you will consider to visit East Coast.
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2019 at 9:46am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

2020 is east coast.   Bumpernets in Al., Triangle TT in NC, MDTTC in Md, and Weschester TT in NY are on the planning list right now.  Will add more later.

Mark
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2019 at 11:29am

Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

2020 is east coast.   Bumpernets in Al., Triangle TT in NC, MDTTC in Md, and Weschester TT in NY are on the planning list right now.  Will add more later.
Mark
========================

When the time comes, do a new post on this forum. See if there are forumers who will offer you some sweeteners to visit their clubs.

I play in a club, even though we have 100+ members, but I don't think you will visit our club.
We are 170 miles from the famous "Triangle TT Club".  Our club's name is Charlotte Table Tennis Club.

When the time comes, I will put some sweeteners on the table and see if I can attract you to visit us.

Edited by skip3119 - 03/15/2019 at 2:49pm
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2019 at 8:06pm
Thanks to wturber just made reservations in Phoenix.  Will get in at least one day of TT there with Jay.

One more club added to the adventure.

Mark
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2019 at 9:04pm
mjamja is so popular that when he goes on tour he is able to demand appearance fees.  Clubs are already lining up to get a piece of the 2020 east coast tour. 

wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2019 at 9:07pm
You must understand that when mjamja says "reservations", he's referring to parking his truck in the desert.  ;^)
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Gambler Zebra Classic w/ Dr. Evil
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2019 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

mjamja is so popular that when he goes on tour he is able to demand appearance fees.  Clubs are already lining up to get a piece of the 2020 east coast tour. 

I wish that was true.  Just to get in the door at most clubs I have to agree to give free lessons (or feed multiball to better players), open and close the club, clean the tables, and sweep the floors.  At Salem I even had to clean the shower and the toilet.  Even then some clubs have sworn me to secrecy so that their club will never be associated with mjamja or anyone of his (my) type.

Mark - Have broom, will sweep.  Wire mjamja.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2019 at 2:10am

Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

I wish that was true.  Just to get in the door at most clubs I have to agree to give free lessons (or feed multiball to better players), open and close the club, clean the tables, and sweep the floors.  At Salem I even had to clean the shower and the toilet.  Even then some clubs have sworn me to secrecy so that their club will never be associated with mjamja or anyone of his (my) type.

Mark - Have broom, will sweep.  Wire mjamja.
Oh, do you play table tennis too?  We thought you were just one of those homeless guys that show up sometimes looking for can and bottles to return for deposit.  You were supposed to do a bit of work to earn the cans and bottles.
mickd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2019 at 2:52am
When's the Japan trip, Mark? :)

I can promise you that you won't have to clean the tables, sweep the floor, clean the bathrooms, etc!

I'll even pay the $1 entrance fee for you!
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2019 at 11:56am
Hopefully you can make a far east coast trip soon. 
Current Setup:
Sittiho Hinoki ALC, Baracuda(max), Dignics 05(max)
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: Bad Day ~ 1900 Good Day ~ 2100 (In Asia since 2015, no USATT events here)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic