Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Goodbye Cpen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goodbye Cpen
    Posted: 02/11/2019 at 12:41pm
After yesterday's very successful session of using my new Jpen with RPB incorporated into, I am officially saying goodbye to cpen, and welcoming Jpen into my world.  I don't understand why the top players don't ever use jpen w/ rpb in their game.  While I was playing with Jpen, both my forehands and backhands came back to my opponents like a rocket from mid-distance, with improve speed, power, and spin as opposed to cpen.  I had so much fun playing with this new paddle that I can't see myself going back to cpen again.  For those using cpens and thinking about jpens, you should definitely consider it! Wink

Edited by liulin04 - 02/11/2019 at 12:51pm
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 12:51pm
Bring the videos of your play on! this is a big deal, you are onto something. Who knows what kids raised with a strong jpen fh can achieve if they add that RPB! the question is how dangerous it is to add it later on, Xu Xin style and if it's not added later on, will the jpen fh that strong with less  footwork and less pivots during the FH's upcoming?
Videos! don't be ashamed to make yourself look good by showing the absolute best shots, it's for a good cause LOL and you can always add a bloopers version anyway.

Edited by fatt - 02/11/2019 at 12:52pm
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Bring the videos of your play on! this is a big deal, you are onto something. Who knows what kids raised with a strong jpen fh can achieve if they add that RPB! the question is how dangerous it is to add it later on, Xu Xin style and if it's not added later on, will the jpen fh that strong with less  footwork and less pivots during the FH's upcoming?
Videos! don't be ashamed to make yourself look good by showing the absolute best shots, it's for a good cause LOL and you can always add a bloopers version anyway.

Yeah, I need to bring my tripod and camera with me next time. Wink
mykonos96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

After yesterday's very successful session of using my new Jpen with RPB incorporated into, I am officially saying goodbye to cpen, and welcoming Jpen into my world.  I don't understand why the top players don't ever use jpen w/ rpb in their game.  While I was playing with Jpen, both my forehands and backhands came back to my opponents like a rocket from mid-distance, with improve speed, power, and spin as opposed to cpen.  I had so much fun playing with this new paddle that I can't see myself going back to cpen again.  For those using cpens and thinking about jpens, you should definitely consider it! Wink

There s a penholder in the japanese team that plays cpen and at least 4 in north korean team and one of them plays jpen
DLC1325 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 2:17pm
I’ve been saying this for years! So many people are convinced Jpen is too thick for RPB, but I have never had an issue with it and Jpen has always been so much more comfortable than Cpen in blocking, driving, etc.
DLC1325 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 2:37pm
Out of curiosity, what Jpen blade are you using liulin? I have an AH WRC 9mm.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by DLC1325 DLC1325 wrote:

Out of curiosity, what Jpen blade are you using liulin? I have an AH WRC 9mm.

I'm using Butterfly JP I-S at 9.6mm-ish and 94g I think.  but I just ordered a Butterfly Cypress G-Max at 109g at 10mm thick.  The latter is gonna be a beast!

Blip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 5:22pm
I wish there was a way to tag @jpenmaster into this conversation. He's rpb Jpen and doing great with it. 
Please post my feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71402&PN=1#874345
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Blip Blip wrote:

I wish there was a way to tag @jpenmaster into this conversation. He's rpb Jpen and doing great with it. 

I beg to differ... I'm going to make a video of myself with rpb hopefully this weekend.  Actually, here's a video of myself in 2006 using rpb.  

photino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote photino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 5:29pm

Really? I think he gave up any penhold now 
EJ-turned blade collector
Blip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by photino photino wrote:

He's back!
Please post my feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71402&PN=1#874345
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 5:59pm

Originally posted by photino photino wrote:

He's back!

Must be because of me.  I asked him a few weeks ago for jpen selection guidance, he then went out and hit a few.  So I'm taking credit for him coming back to jpen.  Isn't that right @jpenmaster WinkLOL
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 6:32pm
"I have a new Nittaku Rorin with T05H black and Rozena red max $125" Cry
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 7:02pm
give that a try fatt. you should like it 
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 7:08pm
I was impersonating jpenmaster in an hypothetical FS ad in the future.
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I was impersonating jpenmaster in an hypothetical FS ad in the future.

Oh haha I'll probably jump the gun to buy one for my cpen friend
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2019 at 10:36pm
Haha no sale thread for Saitama...  G-Max for RPB might work but I wouldn't try it ; ) stole a t05 off one of my shakehand blades a while back.

Edited by jpenmaster - 02/11/2019 at 10:40pm
Kenta ALC T05H/T05
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic