Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

How do you read Blade/Rubber Ratings!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lucidgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucidgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you read Blade/Rubber Ratings!
    Posted: 07/02/2013 at 4:50pm
I find myself lost in the manufacturer’s ratings. I can’t get a sense/feel on how to compare my previous setup and build a new one...it’s extremely frustrating!

So, I have created an Excel spreadsheet with data from Paddle Palace (manufacturer ratings) and MyTableTennisDB (user ratings) and tried to combine the two to create something which would make more sense. However, user ratings do not always match manufacturer ratings if you sort data...which lead to the following questions:

1) How do manufacturer rate rubber/blade? I would guess that they rate rubber and blade individually using some robots/physics….?

2) How do users rate rubber/blade? This immediately screams bias. I say that because I believe users rate rubbers based on their experience with a specific blade. So I feel that users need to share the blade they used with that rubber when they rate a rubber. The same can be said about blade ratings?

3) How much can rubber tackiness affect spin? As I read through user comments, I understand that tacky rubbers generate more spin and thus are also more sensitive to incomming spin. Which means, I can generate great spin = better serves? But I will have to really understand spin because my paddle will be more sensitive? If that’s true, then why is Europe resorting to Stiga Neos Tacky for beginners.

With these questions in mind, I am building a new setup. The following are my previous paddles:

1) Stiga Prestige WRB (pre-assembled paddle). I loved that paddle, and with it I was able to participate at the ACUI college tournament. That year I placed 5th. My paddle then started to lose its "stickiness" because I never knew I had to clean it and protect it, I let it stay in the sun for hours. It later broke…. I used it for 4 years.

2) Stiga Allround Oversize with Stiga Mendo 2.0 on FH and Stiga Magna 2.0 on BH
Loved it, but became too slow and less spiny overtime due to me not taking care of the paddle by cleaning it and covering it.. also the oversize aspect took a lot of time to get used to it… I used it for 5 years.

3) Nittaku KCZ with Nittaku Pimplemini Short Pips on BH and Nittaku Hammond X 1.9 on FH
TOO FAST!! Oh my god! What a mistake, I could not tame it… I used it for 2 years.

4) Tibhar  Samsonove Alpha SGS with Tibhar Nimbus Sound 1.8 on FH and BH
More controllable than previous setup, but still little bit fast… I took care of this one a bit more…however, the blade has a blue sponge that shrunk overtime and now the blade doesn’t feel good after an hour of use.. I used it for 1.5 years.

Possible new setups:

N1) [Expensive] Butterfly Primorac with with 1.8 Stiga Neos Tacky on FH and BH
N2) [Still Expensive] Butterfly Timo Boll ALL+ with 1.8 Stiga Neos Tacky on FH and BH
N3) [Less Expensive] Stiga Allround NCT with 1.8 Stiga Neos Tacky on FH and BH
N4) [Nice Price] Gambler Arylate Carbon with 2.15 Friendship Super 729 FX on FH and BH
N5) [Cheap] Friendship/729 Bomb with 2.1 RITC 729 Focus 3 Snipe on FH and BH

Are new setups N1-N5 slower than my current setup 4?

I appreciate ALL advice. Thank you so much!

Edited by lucidgold - 07/03/2013 at 12:49pm
Sponsored Links

decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 4:57pm
manufaturer ratings are rather useless,. user ratings are better but when talkign about numbers you have to haev somethign to compare to which doesnt happen on ttDB. but the best way to rate an item is to talk about it describig how you play and how the rubber plays for you.. numbers such as use provided ones on ttdb are almost meaning less
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by lucidgold lucidgold wrote:

I find myself lost in the manufacturer’s ratings. I can’t get a sense/feel on how to compare my previous setup and build a new one...it’s extremely frustrating!
I wouldn't put a lot of weight on manufacturer's ratings.  They are trying to sell rubber, not provide accurate data.

So, I have created an Excel spreadsheet with data from Paddle Palace (manufacturer ratings) and MyTableTennisDB (user ratings) and tried to combine the two to create something which would make more sense. However, user ratings do not always match manufacturer ratings if you sort data...which lead to the following questions:
The charts on Paddle Palace don't use manufacturer's ratings.  They are estimates by the Paddle Palace players.  I have asked about this.  About last year Paddle Palace re-scaled their ratings because newer and faster rubber were coming out.  

[quote 
1) How do manufacturer rate rubber/blade? I would guess that they rate rubber and blade individually using some robots/physics….?
[/quote]
No physics.  A physics person would rate paddles much differently.

2) How do users rate rubber/blade? This immediately screams bias. I say that because I believe users rate rubbers based on their experience with a specific blade. 
You are right.  What is important is what works for you.

So I feel that users need to share the blade they used with that rubber when they rate a rubber. The same can be said about blade ratings?
Yes, but everyone has different blades.

3) How much can rubber tackiness affect spin?
Tackiness alone does not affect the spin much.  It may actually reduce spin because the of the force required to break the tackiness.   Tackiness does affect how thinly you can brush the ball and not have the ball slip on the paddle.

As I read through user comments, I understand that tacky rubbers generate more spin
Maybe, maybe not.  Remember that you lose a little spin or speed breaking the friction from the tackiness.  Your serve technique will be more important.

mrdoodzki View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrdoodzki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 8:25pm
ive never trusted ratings in tabletennisdb or the numbers that the manufacturers give. that's why the tt forum is very useful. i value the opinion of a fellow tt player more. i do go regularly to tabletennisdb but i dont look at the ratings/numbers, i scroll down directly to the equipment's comments...
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball
lucidgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucidgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2013 at 10:30pm
I really appreciate all the comments. mrdoodzki, I totally agree with you! I eagerly refresh the screen waiting for fellow tt players to respond to my post, I have been reading this forum for years, and I must say because everyone here is totally awesome. I have won tournaments because I read and applied a lot of the tips here...

The reason why im so "obsessed" with ratings and I now know I shouldn't is because we don't have a tt club here in Las Cruces, NM, which means I don't get a chance to try different types of rubbers/blades. So I do my best to read and look at ratings to make sense of how my next setup could be... 

So, in my initial post I asked if members of this form can rank the following setups in order of speed/spin?

N2) [Still Expensive] Butterfly Timo Boll ALL+ with 1.8 Stiga Neos Tacky on FH and BH
N4) [Nice Price] Gambler Arylate Carbon with 2.15 Friendship Super 729 FX on FH and BH

After looking at the setups above, which setup would be slightly slower and spinner than the following:
Tibhar  Samsonove Alpha SGS with Tibhar Nimbus Sound 1.8 on FH and BH
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 12:17am
I would try slower rubbers on your current blade first. The chinese ones are cheap to try.

Btw, I still have a stiga prestige wrb premade that is over ten years old. I put hardbat rubber on it for fun.
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 12:28am
Originally posted by lucidgold lucidgold wrote:

I
The reason why im so "obsessed" with ratings and I now know I shouldn't is because we don't have a tt club here in Las Cruces, NM, which means I don't get a chance to try different types of rubbers/blades. So I do my best to read and look at ratings to make sense of how my next setup could be...
You are right.  You should NOT be obsessed with rubber or blade ratings.

So, in my initial post I asked if members of this form can rank the following setups in order of speed/spin?
I doubt anyone has the same combinations as you posted below so you won't get much of an answer.

Your suggestions seem to be varied.  If we don't know you you play then our suggestions are meaningless.   Suggesting a paddle with more spin and speed may not be the right answer.

After looking at the setups above, which setup would be slightly slower and spinner than the following:
Tibhar  Samsonove Alpha SGS with Tibhar Nimbus Sound 1.8 on FH and BH
What is wrong with what you have?
If you want slower and spinnier then the Gambler Arylate Carbon with H3 or Geospin tacky on the FH and Focus 3 snipe on the back hand should be good.  The Gambler Arylate Carbon is not a fast blade for a carbon type of blade. 
The 729 bomb is not a slow blade.  It is good for hitting with SP and playing push blocker mode with LPs.  I think of the 729 Bomb as a much cheaper version of the Butterfly BCX5.
I gave away my 729 bomb and I still have my Gambler Arylate Carbon with Aces Pro and 4 Kings Pro.  It is the first Chinese paddle I bought and I never modified it.  The rubbers are old but still in good condition.

Edited by tt4me - 07/03/2013 at 12:28am
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 12:41am
OMG! 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 12:59am
The OMG is in reference to which post?

I think this is all a waste of time until the forum really wants to get serious but I have seen no indications of that.

lucidgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucidgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 1:18am
I don't believe I am a beginner, as I do understand spin and the dynamics of the game. I have played in a total of 8 tournaments thus far, including ACUI regional competitions. I have won 3 of them and consistently placed top 5 in the rest. I do not have a USATT rating however. I love to play a controlled game which allows me to place the ball in awkward positions to make it difficult for my opponent. I like to step back and block shots because it makes the game more fun. I am also infatuated by serves, in which I think too much and sometimes I over do it, I love to create difficult serves, I don't like them returned. I love to put spin on every shot.

I don't like my current setup of Tibhar Samsonove Alpha SGS with Tibhar Nimbus Sound 1.8 on FH and BH
because I believe its a bit too fast. I have also ruined the blade and made it uncomfortable to use for more than 1 hour because the blue "sponge" on the handle has shrunk. Thus I need a new setup.

I hope this answers some of your questions

bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 7:34am
Please go and find your stiga allround oversize. Its one of the best blades of all time. Once you find it we can talk new rubbers
lucidgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucidgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 11:05am

Found it! What can we add to it? From my experiance, Mendo lost its spin a lot sooner than Magna. At this stage, I belieave Mendo might be a bit slow. Magna had a lot more spin than Mendo and was a bit faster. It my seem that I could use Stiga Allround Oversize + my Tibhar Nimbus Sound? Althogh felow TT members suggested I use a slower rubber...

Mark V and Sriver might be similar to Magna with less spin, correct?

Edited by lucidgold - 07/03/2013 at 11:05am
Rahul_TT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahul_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 11:17am
mendo is similar to sriver and mark v
i think mark v is just a bit more spinnier than both. mendo is just a bit faster than markv.
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 11:25am
Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

It is the first thing in the thread title. Who starts a boring thread with OMG. What are you, a female teenager at the concert of Justin Bieber? Let me guess, you also say it every time you lose a point! Am I in the ball park?
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Originally posted by tt4me tt4me wrote:

It is the first thing in the thread title. Who starts a boring thread with OMG. What are you, a female teenager at the concert of Justin Bieber?
 Let me guess, you also say it every time you lose a point! Am I in the ball park?
Is is the you you are referring too?
You really need to be more specific.  
I didn't post OMG.  I don't put much weight on equipment ratings because they are marketing hype.

Edited by tt4me - 07/03/2013 at 12:45pm
Rahul_TT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rahul_TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 12:49pm
I think by now we all know we need to ignore assiduous
Whang View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 1:09pm
How do you read ratings? You don't.. better to just look up qualitative feedback from players that have used the equipment in question and get a general consensus
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra (Penhold)

FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Black - 2.15mm - 41 deg)

BH: 729 Focus III Snipe (Red - 2.10mm - 42 deg)

Weight: 168.57g
lucidgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucidgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 5:45pm
davidwhang: I think your setup could work for me?

Can anyone compare:

Setup A:
Yasaka Gatien Extra with DHS Hurricane 3 Neo (Black - 2.15mm - 41 deg) on FH and 729 Focus III Snipe (Red - 2.10mm - 42 deg) on BH

VS.

Setup B:
Tibhar Samsonove Alpha SGS with Tibhar Nimbus Sound 1.8 on FH and BH

I belieave Setup A will have more spin (becuase of DHS H3Neo) and control than Setup B.

Does anyone agree?

Edited by lucidgold - 07/03/2013 at 5:46pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 10:15pm
It depends on your level what rubbers you would put on the allround oversize. Mark v and sriver are fine, they won't be as fast as a tensor but they are still more than fast enough.

If you were us2000+ you could smack some hexer HD on the blade and be happy. If I were you or me (I'm just over us2000) I'd use mark v or sriver el on the bh and whatever is your favourite fh rubber on the fh. They point is those allround oversize are a very good blade, probably the best blade stiga has made in the modern era (unless you are a pro player and need a pro type blade). For everyone else its about as good as stiga have done since the 80s

The yasaka extra is a good blade too but you already have a fine blade there so why buy another
lucidgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucidgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2013 at 11:44pm
What about Stiga Allround NCT with 1.8 Neos Tacky on FH & BH? Would that be slower than Stiga Allround Oversize with 1.8 Mark V on FH/BH?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 12:55am
I would guess apart from being a different shape the allround nct is the same blade as the allround oversize and the same speed. Ive never used neos tacky
decoi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 1:21am
that used to be my setup when i was younger  close to the table chops and decent Fh topspin ability.. but more suited fora defensive player
Blade: DHS Hurricane Hao
FH: TG3 BS
BH: Xiom Omega 4 Aisa

Blade: Hurricane Hao 2 (656)
Fh: Dhs Gold Arc 3
Bh: Stiga Tour H
http://www.youtube.com/user/decoyla?feature=mhee
Slade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 1:58am
The Allround NCT is slightly more compact even than a regular blade, which is already smaller than Allround Oversize, so careful there. My guess for a Stiga blade would be Allround Evolution for something a little faster, or Allround Classic either keep your oversize if you like that that or get the regular (non-WRB) version (which doesn't seem all that "slow" to me personally). Extra is also fine, as is Gambler AC (though dull feeling, probably just stick to all wood instead for awhile..) There isn't really any consensus on the best one or two ALL blades at all.

FH: Try 999 Elite (either SV or Ultima version, either is medium soft). Hybrid rubber.. tacky, but still plays pretty mechanical (you have to hit into the sponge like you are used to).

BH: Stick to something boring here. Not tacky, not fast.
USATT 1700 ··· 11/02/2013   ◄ ПЕШ
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 9:10am
Someone has caught the EJ bug...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2013 at 9:56am
I've got both the allround oversize and standard allround classic. The oversize is thicker, bigger and quite a bit faster its an all+ class blade. The allround classic is a good blade but it is slightly lacking in power for an offensive player, the oversize isn't.
lucidgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucidgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 3:18pm

Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

that used to be my setup when i was younger  close to the table chops and decent Fh topspin ability.. but more suited for a defensive player

decoi: Which setup? Neos Tacky + Stiga Allround NCT?

Slade: I appreciate the details you provided. What is your current setup if you don’t mind me asking? What kind of blade do you use?

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Someone has caught the EJ bug...

NextLevel: What is the EJ bug?

bluebucket: I appreciate all the details you have provided. So far I am summarizing the setups:

Possible blades: Which one is the fastest? Is it Primorac?

-Stiga Allround NCT
-Stiga Allround Classic
-Stiga Allround Evolution
-Buterfly Primorac

rubbers: Which one is the fastest? Is it Mark V?

-Yasaka Mark V @ 1.5
-Juic Elite SV @1.5
-Stiga Neos Tacky @1.8
-DHS NEO Hurricane 3 @2.15

Some of my friends who have a USATT rating believe that I play at ~1600 level. So with that in mind, what do you guys recommend? I believe my current setups is a bit fast…

Can you help me simplify the list above?

Edited by lucidgold - 07/05/2013 at 3:24pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 5:26pm
Yes Primorac -off is the probably the fastest of those blades. I've only used Mark V and Hurricane 3 from the rubbers you listed and which of those is faster is debatable and depends on the way you play, neither are slow or fast. A friend of mine uses a Primorac with TG3 FH and a similar rubber to Mark V on the backhand and it's a nice combo, it did take a while for the blade to loosen up and develop a good feel which is normal for a limba 5 ply. It wont feel really nice for maybe a year. He's been playing for 3 years or so and is currently around US1700-1800 level. He's actually still using his original sheet of TG3 after 3 years !.

I would still choose the allround oversize above the primorac -off *just*. If you changed H3 to TG3 and used that on the fh and and 1.5 mark V on the bh on either of those blades. I'm sure you would be happy with it. H3 is not a good rubber compared to Tg3 so forget the H3

Edited by bluebucket - 07/05/2013 at 5:32pm
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 6:55pm
The EJ bug is when someone wants to change equipment even when the change is unlikely to be necessary or to make his game better. You have a good blade(s) already. You can get better rubbers or stick with the same equipment.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
gatorling View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2013 at 8:04pm
If you are a beginner I strongly recommend the following setup. 
IQUL is a softer sponge slightly tacky rubber.
Instinct has good feel and is a slower blade.

LKT Instinct
Inspirit Quattro UltraLight FH and BH.

This is the setup that me and my training partner learned all the basic techniques with. It is a versatile combo and can easily get you to the 1500-1600 rating.

If I had to do it all over again, had access to good coaching (Chinese style) I think I would do something like

Yasaka Extra
FH: Hurricane 3 regular, no boosting.
BH: Inspirit Quattro Ultralight or a softer euro type rubber like Sriver or Mark V.

Blade and rubber ratings are somewhat uselss. It really depends a lot on your technique and the rubber/blade combo.
For instance, certain rubbers feel like garbage on certain blades but then put them on a different blade and it's heaven.

If you're a developing player, stick with something slower. Up to 1800 I think consistency and control trump power. I know a 1700-1800 player who wins plenty of games by fishing balls back over and over again. Most 1500-1700 players who play him end up losing points due to unforced errors rather than him blowing shots past them.

Forehand: Hurricane 3 Provincial #20 sponge
Backhand: Rakza 7 Max
Blade:    Xiom Aria
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2013 at 9:48am
(1) Of course, in-depth reviews by good, experienced fellow players are a most valuable rating tool. Yes, rubbers' performance will depend on the blade, blade's performance will depend on the rubbers attached, and all this will depend on the technique and style...
(2) However, some companies do provide equipment ratings that are quite helpful, and reliable. XIOM for one... IMO, they are excellent in their equipment descriptions. And for most of the others, we cannot say that all the company provided info is garbage.
Also, I have used Paddle Palace ratings and agree most of the time with them. I also use the ratings at tabletennisstore.us. 
(One piece of info I am still missing in catalogs is area/weight (specific weight) report for rubbers)
A reasonable combination of all the data from various sources usually is very helpful. 
Eventually, a well described set of mechano-kinetic tests might be selected as a standard for equipment testing. Maybe it will eventually happen?

Edited by JacekGM - 07/06/2013 at 9:50am
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic