Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

hurricane pro3 turbo blue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hurricane pro3 turbo blue
    Posted: 03/03/2019 at 4:07pm
Just found this on to Japan. No information available now. Could be interesting.

Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
Sponsored Links

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2019 at 4:31pm
According to Nittaku's website, it will cost 6,300 yen, and the sponge hardness is 50 degrees (five degrees harder than Turbo Orange).
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2019 at 4:33pm
turbo orange is probably the heaviest rubber. Now with a harder sponge, I wonder how heavy this blue version would be~
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2019 at 7:26pm
That is absolute insanity. 50 degrees Nittaku translate to 60 degrees on ESN scale and 43 degrees on DHS scale. (I have sources in case sb is interested)

Who do you think can use that hard a rubber effectively, when absolute top class players, for example FZD use 41.5 degree hardness rubber???????
There might even be less than a hundred players on the earth that could play such a rubber effectively, and then only when heavily boosting it.

And just imagine the weightWacko

In before random EJ starts contemplating if this could be his 'perfect BH rubber'Stern Smile
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2019 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

That is absolute insanity. 50 degrees Nittaku translate to 60 degrees on ESN scale and 43 degrees on DHS scale. (I have sources in case sb is interested)

Who do you think can use that hard a rubber effectively, when absolute top class players, for example FZD use 41.5 degree hardness rubber???????
There might even be less than a hundred players on the earth that could play such a rubber effectively, and then only when heavily boosting it.

And just imagine the weightWacko

In before random EJ starts contemplating if this could be his 'perfect BH rubber'Stern Smile

50 Degrees sounds close to unusable without booster. 

Edited by liXiao - 03/03/2019 at 10:07pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 5:52pm
i thought the idea of this series of rubbers is to save people the trouble of boosting, with japanJap sponhes.
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 6:56pm
Cool video, the japanese guy says it is a product for top level players that have to handle hard shots coming at them. Counter topspin on these shots is good. He also thinks the rubber is very good for defenders as the spin and control of the ball when cutting loops are nice. Also blue is harder than orange and orange is much closer in feel to tensor products. I don't think he said more of relevance.

I think H3 turbo blue could be similar to Victas 401 or Vega Def, who have 57,5 degree hardness.
Maybe a bit faster though.
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 9:52pm
   Recently I've got red Nittaku H3 Turbo orange and to my surprise it is not soft in any way ….I supposed it to be 36-37-38 on DHS scale but it feels like 39 or even 40. And no "dynamics" from "Japanese" sponge. In a blind test I wouldn't differ it from plain H3 (and my wrist, elbow and shoulder...)
   The spin is there but it takes so much efforts in play...too much for 40+ y.o. attacker.
   And as a usual for sticky rubber it requires (absolutely) perfect position to make a good topspin on the table. Or you will find that ball in the net. These are not meaningless words  - only the truth of the game LOL           

ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
kyle90 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyle90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2019 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

Recently I've got red Nittaku H3 Turbo orange and to my surprise it is not soft in any way ….I supposed it to be 36-37-38 on DHS scale but it feels like 39 or even 40. And no "dynamics" from "Japanese" sponge. In a blind test I wouldn't differ it from plain H3 (and my wrist, elbow and shoulder...)
   The spin is there but it takes so much efforts in play...too much for 40+ y.o. attacker.
   And as a usual for sticky rubber it requires (absolutely) perfect position to make a good topspin on the table. Or you will find that ball in the net. These are not meaningless words  - only the truth of the game LOL           

I’ve used the regular nittaku h3 for a long time and recently switched to the H3 turbo. Once it was broken in the sponge felt a lot more forgiving and dynamic. I suggest sticking with it a bit longer and you should notice a change in its playing characteristics.
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2019 at 3:10am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Translation please. Zeio, mickd??? Anyone? Bueller? What are the impressions aside from the ones that hozuki provided (by translation)?

Edited by Nightsky - 03/05/2019 at 3:12am
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2019 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Nightsky Nightsky wrote:

Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Translation please. Zeio, mickd??? Anyone? Bueller? What are the impressions aside from the ones that hozuki provided (by translation)?

There is not so much info there... But if you want more details, fine, here you are:

At first he talks about his blade (Nittaku Rutis)
Then he compares Turbo Blue to Turbo Orange. He says Blue is harder and does not have as much bounce as it is harder and heavier. It is good for powerful player that has to handle harder shots coming at them. The rubber is stronger, so if you are a powerful player the quality of the counter topspin will be better (more spin than orange). He had trouble dealing with the balls his training partner gave him with it. He likes it because he can produce knuckle ball (I think he means take pace off), serve well with it and can lift up low balls well. And lastly he says that defenders could use this rubber effectively, because if you chop the ball hard then the ball will still be slow controlled and spinny.

That's about 85% specifically what he said. I'm not gonna translate word by word Tongue
wayla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2019 at 4:52pm
the hurricane 3 turbo blue uncut sheet weighs 90grams..
Butterly Keyshot Light
FH: DHS Hurricane 3
BH: Nittaku Fast arc P1
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by wayla wayla wrote:

the hurricane 3 turbo blue uncut sheet weighs 90grams..
Mine mine. Who's going to use that!
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 3:51am
I like it on a MSZLC tuned with 2 layers of Waqidi tunner
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 3:52am
I like it on a MSZLC tuned with 2 layers of Waqidi tunner
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 5:08am
emihet would love Berndtman's favorite hardbat rubber on that balde… but what the heck, emihet has hundred and thousands to choose, test, evaluate and behold. And we should mention he is damn well qualified good to do that.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
GabrielTopspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GabrielTopspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 7:55am
is it fast like a tensor rubber and do you need to boost it (the rubber is very hard i think) - i hope the throw angle is medium or high and useable for the backhand, i heard that the previous rubber was heavy and hard as .....
hunkeelin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunkeelin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2019 at 2:54pm
the rubber is really really hard. It's like 42~43 dhs scale even AFTER i boosted it 3+ layers. 
jobaumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jobaumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 9:49am
Is it better than dhs hurricane 3 neo?
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 11:33am
Originally posted by jobaumi jobaumi wrote:

Is it better than dhs hurricane 3 neo?
I would not say that...different feel but overall not quite as good
p3v56yahoocom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3v56yahoocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2019 at 8:07pm
I was a regular Victas 401 user for 2-3 years. Overall I like 401 a lot. My biggest complaint is its short lifespan. I play about 2 hours per week on average. Every two months, I need a new sheet of 401.

Recently I bought a sheet of H3 Pro Blue to try out. I do a lot of mid distance looping in practice. The rubber was very slow during the first hour of use. It got faster after 2 hours. It took ~3 hours to break in the rubber to a point where the full speed of the rubber comes out. I do not boost.

After two 2-hour sessions, my practice partner notices my loops are about as spiny as 401 but the bounce is lower which makes counterlooping and blocking more difficult for him. Not only is the bounce lower, the trajectory is also lower which gives him a more direct feeling. There is less time to respond.

There is a small adjustment in stroke going from 401 to H3 Pro Blue. But it isn't bad. I got the hang of it pretty quickly.

H3 Pro Blue doesn't have the tensor feel like 401. In a sense, it feels slower. On the other hand, I like how linear it feels. I feel more confident in close to table ball control and blocking.

The Blue sponge is hard to touch. But it doesn't feel that way in play. It is hard but yet still elastic. It doesn't have the hard and dead feel commonly found in DHS sponge.    

I use a 5-ply all-wood blade. The outer ply is limba. It is a pretty good combo with 401. Spin is decent. I could get enough speed when I needed to. With H3 Pro Blue, I think I can go with a harder outer ply to get more speed. Overall, I think H3 Pro Blue suits me well.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic