Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

I am proud to present ...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 3:02pm
Congratulations ManfredClap

Perfect pics of Perfect blades with perfect stickers.
The Mellis is really a beauty I have to say.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
Sponsored Links

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 3:09pm
And here you can see the complete 

"Stiga letter collection".

Edited by Magic_M - 12/25/2014 at 11:05am
Timo1978 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timo1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 3:42pm
A M A Z I N G ! ! !

Congrats Manfred. I love to see that you finally managed to catch all these awesome beauties and gems (especially the Tova)
I can imagine how much efforts regarding time, blood, sweat and tears you had to invest to complete your outstanding letter collection.
Let ´s better Forget and not speak about the needed amount of $$$ in case your wife is sometimes 2 close 2 your PC

Magic-M definitly is a true

S T I G A M A N I A K

Edited by Timo1978 - 11/27/2014 at 3:43pm
Liquid Sky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid Sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 4:43pm
Very nice blades Manfred!

I especially like the Stipancic
Nebula Custom Blades - Antique Wood
XIOM - Vega Pro (2,0 mm)
TKMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TKMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:24pm
That a very very nice collection.
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 8:32pm
where did you find the Stipancic...i looked for over 5 years for it and could only find one...and that is the one Oesthen got from Italy

Edited by emihet - 11/27/2014 at 8:32pm
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
E.ZegnaFan View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Liquid Sky Liquid Sky wrote:

Very nice blades Manfred!

I especially like the Stipancic

+1 Tongue and Congrats to Manfred, you're the Man Clap. I have been waiting to see your Tova Stipancic project for months !

87 Stiga Clipper/Rakza 9.
78 Stiga Super Carbon/Calibra Tour M.

LF: Old Stiga Clipper,Super Carbon in NEARLY NEW condition.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 9:43pm
I have one question:   What is the meaning of "back side top spin" ???

The side with that sticker is supposed to be the Forehand side (thus front side).  So why is it "back side" ??

The one with unique handle (Erlich), I used to own one with that handle, but made by Butterfly.  I can't remember if it's Butterfly Erlich or just ordinary butterfly.   If I remember correctly, it has black (or brown??) leather grip with that shape.   The handle has holes on it, I can't figure out the function of those holes though.
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2014 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

I have one question:   What is the meaning of "back side top spin" ???

The side with that sticker is supposed to be the Forehand side (thus front side).  So why is it "back side" ??

The one with unique handle (Erlich), I used to own one with that handle, but made by Butterfly.  I can't remember if it's Butterfly Erlich or just ordinary butterfly.   If I remember correctly, it has black (or brown??) leather grip with that shape.   The handle has holes on it, I can't figure out the function of those holes though.

Back side because it's inverted and was referred to Yasaka Stiga Cobra 3 stars rubber from mid 60's to early 70's to play top spin.
I guess yours is Butterfly Swedish Style from the 70's- early 80's. Cheers Smile

Edited by E.ZegnaFan - 11/27/2014 at 10:22pm

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 1:05am
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

where did you find the Stipancic...i looked for over 5 years for it and could only find one...and that is the one Oesthen got from Italy
Did you read my post about the Tova? Wink
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 2:14am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

The one with unique handle (Erlich), I used to own one with that handle, but made by Butterfly.  I can't remember if it's Butterfly Erlich or just ordinary butterfly.   If I remember correctly, it has black (or brown??) leather grip with that shape. The handle has holes on it, I can't figure out the function of those holes though.
Like I wrote in my Ehrlich-post, Ehrlich played for Stiga first, later for Butterfly and Hanno, and all his blades had this special handle. 

Edited by Magic_M - 11/28/2014 at 2:14am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2014 at 12:58pm
It`s time to continue with the next part of my collection: 

Bengtsson sticker series

As shown in the letter-collection, the first Bengtsson European Champion had a big S below the sticker.

1971, just before Bengtsson won the world championship, Stiga released another version of this blade. Instead of the big S there was a Mark V sign under the sticker. The reason is, that Stiga sold this blade also as complete paddle with Mark V rubbers. 

Stiga Stellan European Champion (Mark V)

The next version of Bengtsson blades already had the new "World Champion" sticker, but still the dark handle from the European Champion blade. That`s normal, because it was the same blade. Stiga only changed the sticker.

Bengtsson World Champion (1. series)

Edited by Magic_M - 12/24/2014 at 4:52am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2014 at 10:20am
Bengtsson World Champion Mark V (2. series)

Next step was a Mark V version of this "World Champion" blade. The handle was already dark, but not as dark as on the first series. This blade was released or sold in 1973/1974.

Edited by Magic_M - 12/13/2014 at 3:23am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2014 at 12:46pm
Bengtsson World Champion (3. series)

Between 1974 and 1975 Stiga changed several details. For example the color of the handle-material changed (it looked lighter) and they used a deferent sticker at the top of the handle. Up to 1974 "MADE IN SWEDEN" was written in black color on a white background. From 1974 on it changed to "TRANAS SWEDEN" in black color on transparent background.

Edited by Magic_M - 12/13/2014 at 3:24am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2014 at 5:39pm
Stiga Bengtsson World Champion - Junior

At the same time Stiga released a junior-version of their Bengtsson Allround Wood. Most of these junior-blades were simple 3-ply blades with a basswood-outer and 1-star rubbers. 

But Stiga sometimes also sold their normal limba-ayous AR Wood blades with a "Junior-Sticker". 
Here you can see such a blade.

The measures of the blade (thickness = 5,2 mm / weight = 93g) show the excellent veneer-quality.
If you compare the blades with a look from the side, the difference is clearly visible.

Edited by Magic_M - 10/15/2016 at 4:40am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 1:59pm
In the middle of 1975 Stiga changed several things in their production:
  • the handles got lenses instead of sticker, 
  • all blades got a serial-number
  • Stiga released several kinds of blades instead of one single composition
  • all blades got an imprint, which showed the kind of blade
From tomorrow on I will give you some more detailed informations about these changes.
But before Stiga started with these changes, they released a special edition:

Stiga Bengtsson World Champion 
Mark V Gold Edition

The only difference to the former version was the golden sticker on the handle. I think, Stiga planned to sell the rests of the blades in stock, before the new blades were released.

If you look exactly, you will see another difference to my former blades: the missing nails in the handle. I don`t know the exact time, but sometime in 1974 Stiga already changed the kind of glueing the handle cups. From this moment on the cups were normally glued, but no longer nailed.

Edited by Magic_M - 12/04/2014 at 2:16pm
t64t64t64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t64t64t64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 5:38pm
So awesomeeeeeeee
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2014 at 6:44pm
I don't like this collection - some low quality cheap wooden blades with some stickers. Big smile

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2014 at 4:24pm
Yesterday I wrote, that from the middle of 1975 Stiga sold their blades with black lenses instead of the previous sticker. That`s absolutely right, but for a longer time (3-4 years) Stiga sold the previous sticker-blades parallel until the last sticker-blades were sold.

But these blades were signed in the same way as the new lens-series
  • with Allround Wood imprint on the head 
  • with a serial-number at the side of the handle
Here you can see such a blade from this transition time:

Stiga Bengtsson World Champion 
Allround Wood

If you look at the third picture, you can see the serial-number, consisting of 1 letter and 2 numbers.
  • the letter shows the year of production (A = 1975, B = 1976 .... J = 1983)
  • the numbers show the week of production (01 = beginning of january ... 52 = end of december)
With this information you are able to define the exact production week of these old Stiga blades. For example the serial-number D36 shows, that this Bengtsson World Champion Allround Wood is produced in the second week of september 1978.

Stiga started to add these serial-numbers in the middle of 1975 (so you will not find a blade with A01, A15 or other low numbers) and stopped the serial-numbers in the beginning of 1983 (you will not find any high numbers with J like J40 or J50).
mahomedy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 8:33am
Thanks for clarifying the serial numbers.I always wondered what B10 on my Stiga 2000 championship model meant
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 2:23pm
Before we continue with the Bengtsson "lens-collection", have a look at the complete

Bengtsson "sticker collection"

Edited by Magic_M - 12/25/2014 at 11:03am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 2:32pm
Stiga Bengtsson "lens series"

From the middle of 75 Stiga started to produce their blades with a black lens on both side of the handle. These blades had already a smaller head than the previous blades, especially compared with the old blades of the 60`s up to the beginning of the 70`s (look at my "letter-collection").

1975 was also the beginning of several other kinds of blades. OF course Stiga produced also their famous Allround Wood blades with the most sold composition ever: limba - limba - bayous - limba - limba
Therefore I will start with this 

Stiga Bengtsson Allround Wood

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E.ZegnaFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 3:48pm
But your Stellan Bengtsson Allround wood is the model from mid- late 80's model ! I mean there's almost 10 years gap between the posts which is missing the one without thumb cut.

Edited by E.ZegnaFan - 12/07/2014 at 2:17pm

Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/2014 at 4:23pm
Yes, you are right. Some months ago I posted some informations about these lenses in an other thread:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65606&KW=golden&PID=787963&title=interesting-observation-realization#787963

Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

The first "double-lenses" were produced in 1975. These blades had the imprint "MADE BY STIGA" and STIGA in white letters. The other lens had the imprint "MODEL DESIGNED BY ..." and the whole imprint also in white. Additional these blades had a serial-number on the side of the handle. This serial-number shows the age of the blade, because there is a letter (A = 1975, B = 1976 ... J = 1983) and two numbers (01 = first week of the year ... 52 = last week). This kind of lens-combination was produced up to the beginning of 1983. 

After this time Stiga changed one of the lenses. "MODEL DESIGNED BY" changed into golden letters. Additional these blades did not get any serial-number. I can`t say exactly, how long this lens-combination was produced, but it may be a few years. So tiehwen`s straight Allround Wood is from this time.

The last version of the black "double-lenses" was produced from the end of the 80`s up to the 90`s. Now the other lens changed to "MADE IN" and STIGA in golden letters. That`s the version of tiehwen`s anatomic ALLROUND WOOD. This lens-combination was used for the last "Allround Wood" and the follower "Allround Classic"

Edited by Magic_M - 01/16/2015 at 10:30am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2014 at 1:13pm
Stiga sold this Allround Wood for round about 15 years. The only difference in all these years was the logo/script in both lenses. But in the beginning of the 90`s Stiga changed the name of their bestseller into "Allround Classic".

Stiga Bengtsson Allround Classic

In the 90`s Stiga decided to produce their blades with only one lens on the forehand-site.

Stiga Bengtsson Allround Classic  (2nd series)

Did I already tell you, that these Bengtsson handles with thumb-cut were the best handles ever?

Wink

Edited by Magic_M - 06/18/2016 at 8:03am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2014 at 8:32am
The next step was a similar blade, which was a little bit faster, thicker and stiffer than the Allround Classic. With a thickness of 6,25 mm (Allround Classic = 5,4 mm) and a weight of 95g it is a powerful Allround blade, more All+ or Off- in my eyes than All. 

Composition: limba - ayous - ayous - ayous - limba

As you can see, there is only one limba veneer. So we can say, that this blade was something between a normal Allround Wood and a Clipper Wood. Let`s call it a "Clipper Wood Light".

Stiga Bengtsson Allround Evolution

This special handle design was sold only for a very short time. Later Stiga changed the handle. Instead of the red double-lens with "Stellan Bengtsson" imprint the new handle got only one red lens with "Stellan" imprint, also for a short time only, before the Bengtsson imprints disappeared and all straight handles got the "Peter Karlsson" or "Peter" imprints. For a short time Bengtsson and Karlsson blades were sold parallel.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2014 at 1:04pm
1975 was an important year for Stiga, because from this moment on Stiga started to sell different kind of blades with different compositions, beginning with a Defensive Wood and an Offensive Wood. 

Stiga Bengtsson Offensive Wood (1. series)
- with black double lens -

composition: nut - red dyed limba - ayous - red dyed limba - nut

As you can see on the third picture, this blade is from the end of november 1975 (A48). The head size was smaller than the early sticker-series (15,9 x 15,2 cm) and the thickness of this A-series was round about 5 mm. This blade has a thickness of 5,1 mm.

I am sure, that most of you know these famous Stiga Offensive Wood blades, but tomorrow you will see another Offensiv Wood and I am sure, that 95% of you have never seen this version and that most of you did not know about the existence of this version. 

So don`t forget to come back tomorrow. Wink

Edited by Magic_M - 12/13/2014 at 3:25am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2014 at 3:59pm
Nearly everyone knows these famous Stiga Offensiv Wood with the black double lens, but nearly no one knows, that the really first Offensiv Wood had no lenses. Instead of these lenses Stiga used black stickers, which looked like the later lenses.

Here you can see such a beauty:

Stiga Bengtsson Offensiv Wood (1. series)
- with black sticker -

composition: nut - dyed limba - ayous - dyed limba - nut

On the third picture you can see the serial-number A37, which shows us, that this blade was produced in the second week of September 1975. I don`t know exactly, how long this version was produced, but it`s fact, that it was only a very short period of time, no longer than a few weeks !

By the way: did you notice the nailed handle (visible in the last picture)? That`s anther deviation from the "normal" Offensiv Wood, because none of the later double lens blades had such nailed handles.

Edited by Magic_M - 12/13/2014 at 3:25am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2014 at 1:31pm
The first version of Stiga Offensiv Wood was produced between 1975 and 1979. In 1980 Stiga changed the second veneer from red dyed limba to paduk. The blades became harder and stiffer.

Stiga Bengtsson Offensiv Wood (2. series)

composition: nut - paduk - ayous - paduk - nut

This paduk-series was produced for round about two years (1981 - 1982).
My blade has the serial number F10 (picture 3) and is produced in the second week of March 1980. 

Edited by Magic_M - 12/13/2014 at 3:26am
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2014 at 3:58pm
1983 Stiga changed the second veneer again, this time from paduk to scandinavian pine. Maybe the paduk was to hard for the most players and therefore not as successful like the previous version.

Instead of "offensiv wood" that blades got a "stiga offensive" imprint.

Stiga Bengtsson Offensive (3. series)

composition: nut - scandinavian pine - ayous - scandinavian pine - nut

Like you can see on the third picture, the serial numbers were gone (since 1983). This blade was produced between 1983 and 1984 and is a very good playing blade in my eyes. In opposite to the later versions Stiga used scandinavian pine instead of spruce. This pine had a harder feeling than the (today) usual spruce.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic