Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

inactive members

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
jt99sf View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jt99sf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

The title s/b changed to Inactive members.
I like your thinking's symmetry, would we balance it out the same if we ever gave the other thread another title like "members not gone" instead of "active members"? How about starting a poll? I'll vote for you Clap; or maybe "members not gone (yet)" is even better, to acknowledge all good things have an end, nothing lasts; or, as we say in French, "tout lasse, tout passe, tout casse."

it sounds like they passed. Confused
title edited. thank you.

Merci !  Mon Ami !!
Photino AN/TBS Black Tag: T05 Hard(FH)/Attack 8 pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 3:55pm

The title s/b changed to Inactive members.
I like your thinking's symmetry, would we balance it out the same if we ever gave the other thread another title like "members not gone" instead of "active members"? How about starting a poll? I'll vote for you Clap; or maybe "members not gone (yet)" is even better, to acknowledge all good things have an end, nothing lasts; or, as we say in French, "tout lasse, tout passe, tout casse."

it sounds like they passed. Confused
title edited. thank you.

Merci !  Mon Ami !!

Ok, let's get to the thread everyone is really interested in
"Members we wish were gone"

Mark - Going, going, gone.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 3:58pm
I'd like to see that thread being made. Go ahead Mark. Would really be interesting.Wink

Edited by Tt Gold - 02/06/2019 at 4:23pm
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 4:11pm
Nooooo don’t do that pleasaaase
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 4:26pm
ttping85 had about 100 blades and spent time here to sell them (his idea taken from a buddy on a French forum was to post a Google spreadsheet and I found it very clever) and share his knowledge. He’s about 2500, full time coach in a club and Pro A player in France, all that with a master in Philosophy from Sorbonne university, a spouse and 3 kids lol, “excuse the little” (“excusez du peu” = “no less”) as we say there :)
I am sure I’m not alone missing his expertise, when he got tired of looking for a MJ under 84g (so rare) and he found the Vega Pro in the high 70’s, he never looked back.

Edited by fatt - 02/06/2019 at 4:29pm
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 4:27pm
Quoted instead of edit - sorry

Edited by fatt - 02/06/2019 at 4:28pm
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

I'd like to see that thread being made. Go ahead Mark. Would really be interesting.Wink

Mark can't start the list if he's gone.  Smile

smackman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 5:59pm
People come and go just the way it is, it is funny that many of the forum members who are mentioned above who have left were big ejers themselves, so therefor the theories above don't always stack up

This is a big forum with its 100 or so active members
Some over active posters just run out of steam and when they pop back it doesn't feel the same to them
Some are here for the equipment only
Some are here to be informed about table tennis
or to tell their stories
Some are here just to help
Some are here to stir
Some are here to sell or buy only

I think the general vibe here is great, not like the fighters on here when I first started

Also people leave for many reasons, life gets in the way, I nearly stoped coming here when I couldn't post for 3-4 Months

Ulmo Duality,tibhar Aurus Prime Dr N Pistal Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 10:00pm
No one clamoring for Varghese to return, no?
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 1:01am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I remember all those names so far, and would be interested to see posts from any of them.  I can think of two more: First, I used to really enjoy the Cool Siberian Girls thread, which was started by Dimitri something-or-other.  I don't if he would classify as truly inactive, but I don't think I've seen a post from him in a year. At one time, he was posting multiple videos a month, and it was all great play.

There was another guy from Australia who used to post all the time, mostly videos (videos are my favorite threads).  I can't recall his name, except that he got into a feud with someone and dropped out.

For me, locally, Eric something-or-other used to post from Oregon, but I haven't seen anything from him in a long time. Again, he mostly posted videos.
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 1:16am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

I remember all those names so far, and would be interested to see posts from any of them.  I can think of two more: First, I used to really enjoy the Cool Siberian Girls thread, which was started by Dimitri something-or-other.  I don't if he would classify as truly inactive, but I don't think I've seen a post from him in a year. At one time, he was posting multiple videos a month, and it was all great play.

There was another guy from Australia who used to post all the time, mostly videos (videos are my favorite threads).  I can't recall his name, except that he got into a feud with someone and dropped out.

For me, locally, Eric something-or-other used to post from Oregon, but I haven't seen anything from him in a long time. Again, he mostly posted videos.

Eric only (almost only) posts videos from his tournament matches and he hasn't played in a tournament in a while. He is signed up for the PPC tournament next weekend so depending on the draw you could end up in his next video post. 
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

[QUOTE=benfb]
Eric only (almost only) posts videos from his tournament matches and he hasn't played in a tournament in a while. He is signed up for the PPC tournament next weekend so depending on the draw you could end up in his next video post. 
Actually, I played him in his last tournament, some time in the first half of last year.  He won, but we had some great rallies and he told me he was going to include those when he did a video from his play in that tournament. Then he never did posted the video.  He also told me he hasn't been playing much, but maybe he's playing more now?
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 2:06am

I found the name of that Australian: bozbrisvegas. I used to really enjoy his videos.

In the process of looking for his name, I ran across other names I never see any more (in at least a year).  They're not all listed as inactive, but if it's been one or more years, then they might as well be inactive.

bozbrisvegas (2016)
roundrobin (2018)
speedplay (2017)
fruit loop (2013)
ttedge -William (2016)
bogeyhunter (2018)
Tinykin_2 (2011)

What would be more interesting would be if anyone knew what happened to all of these people.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 2:22am
in a member' profile, "active" just means means "account not locked by the mods (yet)". "suspended" means "banned". that field does not say anything re. how long the member has been away.

Edited by fatt - 02/07/2019 at 2:23am
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 7:04am

I found the name of that Australian: bozbrisvegas. I used to really enjoy his videos.

In the process of looking for his name, I ran across other names I never see any more (in at least a year).  They're not all listed as inactive, but if it's been one or more years, then they might as well be inactive.

bozbrisvegas (2016)
roundrobin (2018)
speedplay (2017)
fruit loop (2013)
ttedge -William (2016)
bogeyhunter (2018)
Tinykin_2 (2011)

What would be more interesting would be if anyone knew what happened to all of these people.
Roundrobin is still playing.. He temporary moved to the East Coast related to his studies and played 2 tournaments in the northeast. I e-mailed with him late last year..

bogeyhunter is rarely playing tt.. He is at the Golf Course all the time.. He is a very low handicap golfer (I believe 1.4 handicap or so) and he is focusing more on golf..
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 1:57pm
TRIVIA TIME: 

Since he found his blade, the Tibhar CCA Unlimited, he never looked back and...never came back either.

Who is this?

edit: my bad, he stops by, just doesn't post anymore.

Edited by fatt - 02/07/2019 at 1:59pm
kakapo View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 5:01am
I remember Pondus and his unforgetable TT santuary.
Also dmras who used to post videos of "cool Siberian girls."
Timo1978 is not posting anymore also.
accoustic carbon inner,fastarc G1 max, feint soft 1,5mm
Nightsky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 5:18am
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

bozbrisvegas (2016)
roundrobin (2018)
speedplay (2017)
fruit loop (2013)
ttedge -William (2016)
bogeyhunter (2018)
Tinykin_2 (2011)

Roundrobin is still playing.. He temporary moved to the East Coast related to his studies and played 2 tournaments in the northeast. I e-mailed with him late last year..

bogeyhunter is rarely playing tt.. He is at the Golf Course all the time.. He is a very low handicap golfer (I believe 1.4 handicap or so) and he is focusing more on golf..

Bogeyhunter is still the CEO of Nexy USA, is he not?
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2019 at 9:07pm
Yes, Bogeyhunter is CEO, BH-Man is Janitor.

Tinykin posts a lot at TTD.

Speedplay is almost out of TT.

Hookshot is out in the woods hiking and hunting and fishing somewhere.

Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic