Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Innerforce layer ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PringlesRingles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Innerforce layer ZLC
    Posted: 07/09/2016 at 7:24am
What is your experience with this blade using tenergy rubbers? What would you compare it to etc.?
I am reffering it to the yellow blade.

Is there any difference with this blade and the Apolonia ZLC blade other than the name?
Sponsored Links

rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2016 at 12:24am
I have this setup with T05 and T64. The blade is 85gr ST. The balance is superb. The blade is fast, real fast when you put your power but it is also has non-linear speed.

The blade vibrates a lot, so if you dont like a lot of feedback on your paddle, this isnt for you. There's a lot of dwell time from the blade as well
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2016 at 1:15am
Originally posted by rickywinataa rickywinataa wrote:

I have this setup with T05 and T64. The blade is 85gr ST. The balance is superb. The blade is fast, real fast when you put your power but it is also has non-linear speed.

The blade vibrates a lot, so if you dont like a lot of feedback on your paddle, this isnt for you. There's a lot of dwell time from the blade as well

I don't think it's too fast at all. In fact, they seem to be on the slower end as far as butterfly blades go. I'd agree with the rest -- vibrates quite a bit, good for spinning, not great for hitting/smashing. Better for people who prefer a bit slower, more spin and placement based game. 

I've got all 3 of the new IFL blades, and prefer the ALC most along with the AL coming in 2nd. The ZLC is overpriced for what it is. The Liu Shiwen blade is comparable in feel and performance, though it is rather expensive also. 

If you want something with a more solid feel and power-packed, the garaydia ZLC is currently on sale. It offers similar characteristics, only on steroids! Thicker, faster, and good for spinning. 
proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2016 at 11:14am
Hi,

I have tried both innerforce layer ZLC and Apolonia ZLC. My conclusion is that Apolonia ZLC has a more solid feel and produces much better power compared to IZLC despite being thinner by 0.1mm.
Rubbers like Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 80 go pretty well with these 2 blades. Best is to use something hard that allows u to hit hard enough to bring the innerpower of the blade out.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2016 at 4:58pm
The original inner force ZLC didn't vibrate as much as the Inner force layer and is more similar to the Apolonia.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2016 at 9:07pm
What is the difference between innefore zlc and innerforce layer zlc?
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2016 at 10:30pm
blade size 158x152 and 157x150 (layer);
thickness 5.7 for both;
layer is slightly harder.
Jerem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2016 at 11:30am
Get Layer ALC it's really great and has reasonable price! Great woody feel (even more woody than for eg. Nittaku Latika - TRUST ME!) and there is ALC layer so stability is with you <3 Im in love with this blade using poly ball it's best allround spin attacking composite layer (soft composite). ALC will give you a tad more touch and feeling, control should be better due lower response of arylate instead of zylon fibers within. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2016 at 5:35am
What are the differences with innerlayer alc and boll alc?
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2016 at 11:27am
The location of the ALC layer, in innerforce it is pushed towards the core (inside) vs in timo boll the alc is more toward the outside (2nd ply). Tboll alc therefore will have more carbon feel, slightly faster and harder then innerforce. On the other hand innerforce should have more control, more spin, but slower and more flex, wood feel kinda...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PringlesRingles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2016 at 9:17pm
Is the zlc ST of same ST model as the boll ALC ST?
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2016 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by PringlesRingles PringlesRingles wrote:

Is the zlc ST of same ST model as the boll ALC ST?

No, TB ALC ST is very squared while innerfoce has roundish ST
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2016 at 4:03pm
I tried both, apolonia zlc vibrates less than ifzlc, because of the handle is larger by 1 mm and also the head is not heavy like if zlc , better balance. What i felt that it is a little bit faster also.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2019 at 1:26pm
anyone using the layer zlc now? Thoughts? I’ve found some comparisons to TBALC for example haven’t matched my experience but curious to hear about just the layer zlc or how it compares to tbalc/visc
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2019 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

anyone using the layer zlc now? Thoughts? I’ve found some comparisons to TBALC for example haven’t matched my experience but curious to hear about just the layer zlc or how it compares to tbalc/visc

IFL ZLC is basically a Korbel with much more catapult on harder shots.  So it allows for a mix of someone like an Oh Sang Eun close to the table blocker/over the table flipper with hard looping capabilities.  TB ALC and other similar blades I feel is for a much more mid to far distance looping-dominated game.  
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/03/2019 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

IFL ZLC is basically a Korbel with much more catapult on harder shots.  So it allows for a mix of someone like an Oh Sang Eun close to the table blocker/over the table flipper with hard looping capabilities.  TB ALC and other similar blades I feel is for a much more mid to far distance looping-dominated game.  

Interesting, it does seem like it (and its very similar cousin the Apolonia) is used by several players who play mid distance or farther though

jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2019 at 3:13am
I got this blade from a friend barely used, with only 3-4 months, with no dings.  My sample was  a 90 gr FL weight and i previous blade was Rosewood V 88 grm which i´ve been using since the introduction of the poly balls, so i think it´s fair to compare it with my well-know Stiga rather than any other blades which i also know pretty well but haven´t used them than long. I´m an experienced amateur and i´ve been playing TT for 25 years, and i guess my rating could be something around 2200-2300 or so...

Speed/power : IMO, Stiga RWV is faster on most drives. However, ZLC provides a better control at lower speed, but when you fully commited power, ZLC  it comes quite close because it has more gears, but i still believe its bit slower.  

Serves: Serving game is great: most of my serves were loaded with a crazy heavy spin, way better than my RW; Much easier to generate those crazy serves compared to the lively nature of my blade. I could dare to say it might be one of the best carbon blade i´ve ever used at services, even better than JRE.

Touch game: This is the area where this blade shines, the short game and touch shots are far superior than my bouncy RWV which is harder to tame in the short game. OTOH, i also felt i had to apply more forward motion on pushes or chops; the chopping/cutting angle it´s different from my RW.

Looping: As i said before you can feel it´s quite soft on touch shots, its nice for looping but looping arc isn´t as great as my allwood. It´s really stable and even controllable, but i need to hit a bit harder than the other oner. it provides a great bite on the ball due to its soft outer ply, but also miss a bit "kick" compared to my Stiga. I think this blade provides a great balance for controlled loopers, but  i also think it´s not suitable  for power loopers far from the table since you need to put a lot of emphasis on your strokes once you´re not close to the table. 

Smashing:  Tons of control and  you´ll also be able to land many balls on the table but  once again, you´ll have to engage a lot your body/sponge/blade to finish to points. To be honest,  i also miss a bit some speed at fully power.  Because of the hardness of the outer ply, i think RWV is superior for smashing game.

Blocking game: Blocks are also great, i feel there´s more dwell than hardwood series and you´ve got more tole

Vibration/Stiffness: I´ve got an odd feeling on this. Maybe it has been a long time and im no longer used to fiber blades, but it´s quite different compared to RW.  Indeed, i feel it´s clearly a bit softer blade than my RW, but at certain strokes/areas  it feels harder and dead. There´s almost no vibration on this blade, but it´s that fast/thick either. For instance, at loops i feel it´s stiffer but can grab/bite the ball better than RW. Same thing happens at Smashing  of block game, , kinda muted feeling for me, quite confusion, or maybe it´s my fault that i´ve been playing too much with RW and im really used to it. 

Conclusion: To be honest, it was a surprise since i was expecting something at least as fast as RW but with more gears, but it´s quite a different blade, for different gamestyles.  RW feels more direct and this one is feels more allround based with better control speciallly on the short game.  The blade plays nice, shines on the services,  but I wouldn´t recommend it for power loopers of mid/far distance players since requires greater efford.  In terms of speed, I think it might be rated at OFF-/OFF at most.

Quality apart and considering its price tag,  i would dare to say its not worth that price; taking into account you could get any Korbel or even Primorac OFF- and do exactly the same. IMO, i think BTY tries to justify a  250$  blade for amateurs that could play exactly the same with any OFF- blade at a fraction of IF-ZLC blade. It´s a fair blade, but by no means deserves than crazy price tags. Those who look for a pro ALC blade, then better go for Viscaria/ALC or even DHS 301 or FANG BO which play faster at 1/4 of an IF-ZLC price and they don´t feel worse at all. 

Edited by jonyer1980 - 06/15/2019 at 10:56am
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
fmarek View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2019 at 5:57am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

It´s a fair blade, but by no means deserves than crazy price tags. Those who  look for a pro ALC blade, then better go for Viscaria/ALC or even DHS 301 or FANG BO with play faster and at 1/4 of an IF-ZLC  price and they don´t feel worse at all. 

Well said, right on the spot.

Take classic viscaria-like structure as an example. 150 USD is already hight price for 5 layers of wood common. Replace ALC with ZL(any) and all of the sudden price goes 2x? For what?!

Classic carbon or pure wood 7 layers these are h.grails. Who wants wood - goes for 7 layers wood, the feeling will be wood, guaranteed. Carbon fans go for ALC because they want carbon feel. Why to pay for over-hyper priced ZL(s) and then hide this "precious" layer under two layers of wood?! Hats off to sale guys at BTY, making money selling placebo :)
729 Green Goblin 5, FH: 729 Battle II National H39, BH: Palio HK1997 Gold.
DHS Long 5, FH: 729 Battle II Gold H40, BH: Nittaku C1
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2019 at 4:39pm
2nd day of use: I cant get used to the blade. It's not that bad, but im not patient enoughto get used to another blade after 5/6 years of use. Perhaps 'vee been playing so much with RW, but I feel it lacks of power with mid/soft rubbers for my game. IMO IF ZLC s just a stiff allround blade with medium/soft feeling with compact size.  Nothing faster or better than any Korbel/Primorac could offer.

Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic