Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Who wins
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [57.14%]
18 [42.86%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
anxious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anxious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Italy - France
    Posted: 07/05/2006 at 5:04pm
I think Italy devastates.
Sponsored Links

BENJI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENJI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 5:12pm
go france!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 6:28pm
italy should win. having watched both semi finals i thought france looked tired tonight, and if you can't get yourself up and running for a world cup semi final then you have problems. perhaps as i said in a different post, the fact that they have an old team with an average age over 30 is catching up with them. how long can they keep producing? italy on the other hand were full of running, skill and were inventive. they have the better defence, similar midfield to france and probably more depth than france up front so it has to be italy for me. france are a good side but not a great one and ,for me, it is a little odd that they made the final. ihope its a great open game and italy don't defend as they tend to do but have a go. that would make for a good game. as aside issue, portugal tonight were a disgrace. they are a team of diving, conning cheats. they probably now have the worst reputation in world football for cheating, diving and trying to con referees. they even do it at chelsea in england. and guess what? they have a portuguese manager. it woud have been a disaster for football had they made the final. thank goodness they didnt.
Fraziel,
blade- tibhar samsonov alpha
rubber, FH- palio cj8000 on canon 1.8 mm 40 sponge, BH- same
gotboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gotboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by Fraziel Fraziel wrote:

italy should win. having watched both semi finals i thought france looked tired tonight, and if you can't get yourself up and running for a world cup semi final then you have problems. perhaps as i said in a different post, the fact that they have an old team with an average age over 30 is catching up with them. how long can they keep producing? italy on the other hand were full of running, skill and were inventive. they have the better defence, similar midfield to france and probably more depth than france up front so it has to be italy for me. france are a good side but not a great one and ,for me, it is a little odd that they made the final. ihope its a great open game and italy don't defend as they tend to do but have a go. that would make for a good game. as aside issue, portugal tonight were a disgrace. they are a team of diving, conning cheats. they probably now have the worst reputation in world football for cheating, diving and trying to con referees. they even do it at chelsea in england. and guess what? they have a portuguese manager. it woud have been a disaster for football had they made the final. thank goodness they didnt.

I QUOTE EVERYSINGLE WORD.

but i add..italy should be in "pole position" but don't forget....zinedine get the magic on his feet...so he can let everything possible...anyway....GO ITALY!!!!!
Butterfly - Kiso Hinoki 7
Butterfly - Tenergy 05/80

leoniedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leoniedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 7:29pm
Ha, ha, ha. Go and check the thread "Topic: world cup germany soccer 2006" ! I predicted that Italy can go all the way!
Originally posted by leoniedy leoniedy wrote:

Ya, I was kidding about Ukrain, Argentina look very strong and I somehow like them, the same apply to Italy - they can go all the way espesially Italy - first place in the group and they'll see Brazil only in final, providing they would get first in their group too. Remember 1994 finals, eh, - stupid penalties and Brazil beat Italy. I was thinking it was a rule - second game for world cup final in case of a draw and then penalties, but they changed the rules on me, and Brazil was so lucky (as usual) when Budgio could not score 2 min before the end. Well, we might see somebody else go all the way, not just Brazil - so boring.

ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2006 at 9:33pm

France is good. But Italy will man marked Zidane and he wont be able to play his game. In addition, Italy defence are the best. I guess it will be 1 : 0 to Italy.

Cheers,

Braveheart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 3:27am

Well guys, you made very good comments. I will add the both teams are good and very well tactical managed. It will be a non exciting-game but a good strategic one. Sure France has Zizou, Thouran. Thierry , excellent players who cam make the difference. Italy is also very well organized with excellent players who got use to the difficult italian championship.

In my opinion the chance are 50-50 but have a look who will be the first to score: at that point. il will be hard for both to attack

Blade - Butterly X5 balsa carbo Off;
Front -Donic JO Platin soft 2mm
Back hand - BUTTERFLY Challenger 1.5 mm (short pips)
Style - Close table attack
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 4:12am

FRAAAANCE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 4:28am

Je te fait un cadeau avant de faire les valises pour la prochiane defaite

Gli azzurri prima di scendere in campo contro la Germania Gmt

Sabito View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 10:39am
Oui, je pense que l'Italie va gagner, j'ai pas aim le match hier soir, c'tait le portugal qui a d gagner le match.... 
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 10:47am
if France is good enough to beat Brasil, they better win the damn cup.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
Maxime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 11:01am

this is the last match for zidane , thuram , viera , makelele and barthez.

They will win and leave

GO FRANCE !!

paullau512 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paullau512 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 11:49am
Go France !!!! I hope 2-1 for France .
Stiga Allround Classic
Haifu Shark II Max both sides
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 12:05pm
Italy need to win it badly, otherwise they are all going to jail. They will fight like crazy, you'll see. :)
Jason7036 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason7036 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 12:44pm

Boys will be boys!

President JFJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 1:36pm
Italy has been having an extremely rough time scoring goals. The 2 goals they got against Germany were purely defensive errors on Germany's part. France played a bad game against Portugal, and I expect them to come out flying in the final. Again, it all comes down to officiating, and considering the officials have been calling in Italy's favour the entire world cup, they may get their way on Sunday.
Peace out.

JFJ
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by President JFJ President JFJ wrote:

Italy has been having an extremely rough time scoring goals. The 2 goals they got against Germany were purely defensive errors on Germany's part. France played a bad game against Portugal, and I expect them to come out flying in the final. Again, it all comes down to officiating, and considering the officials have been calling in Italy's favour the entire world cup, they may get their way on Sunday.

i dont think the officials have deliverately been calling for italy at all. this is one of the fairest and least play acting italian teams i have ever seen. when italy have won the world cup before they always played the cynical cattanacio style, which is effective bit dull as hell. this lot actually try and play good football. they are amazing to watch tactically. they can switch their defensive style any time they feel like it during a game. they can go from sitting deep, to pushing up to long ball to playing to feet through the midfield, depending on the flow of the game. can anyone think of any other team that can do that? as for not scoring a lot, france have not exactly been banging in the goals except against a very young inexperienced, albeit good, spanish team.( look out for spain at euro 2008). my point is, italy don't have to score often with the defence and defensive midfielders they have. i bet if they are put in a position where they have to score a few, they could. they trounced ukraine did they not? france also have a slightly wobbly left full back. he is a weak link and louis saha is suspended. on paper, and from a pure technical football point of view italy should win, but of course we all know that on paper counts for nothing. most of the french team have been there ,seen it and got the t shirt which will help enormously. its going to be a close one anyway but italy will just shade it i think. i am actually disappointed in the teams that made the final as i quite like both of them. i always like at least one team in a final to love or really hate. makes it more interesting.
Fraziel,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2006 at 7:28pm
Italy definately is still doing their stupid acting like they're hurt strategy. Totti is the biggest pussy I've ever seen.
Peace out.

JFJ
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 12:41am

Italy took germany out of their game.  Germany looked green.  And some of their yellow cards were just indicative of their frustrations.  Italy outshot German as well.  Defensively Italy did very well and were very aggressive.  And 2 of  Italy's goals opportunities hit the goal posts.  It could have beena shorter game.  THe second goal may have been a defensive error but that first one was a great goal.  The guy bent the ball around the goalie and one defender.  That one was pure skill.  You can't take that from Italy.

I'm no big fan of either team but . . .

Germany lost because they could not put the ball in the net. 

Parts of the second half of that game were boring but  Germany has only themselves to blame.  THey couldn't control the ball and get it in striking distance.

France has definitely a chance but I'm liking Italy because of the momentum from the previous game.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
mcuba View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 4:06am
italy techtical even before d match start.
            ~
            evolving tters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 4:12am
Sure ..we are ready for the big battle
lucioping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucioping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 4:19am

france is very good team and they have players that can win by themself...

but I'm dreaming to drink all the night naked in the square with italian people... we have a chance

ping pong website www.eachengit.com
BL: Dr.neubauer Barricade
FH: DHS G666 2,2mm
Bh: RITC 802 1,0mm
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 6:43am
a lot of people are saying that its destiny for zidane as he is one of top 5 players the owld has ever seen. well so was cruyff and he lost in the final in 1974. i do like zidane though,as a british commentator said the other day, when he is on the ball it makes him think of classical music due to the artistry of his style. as for president JFJ's comment about totti, i think you could apply that comment to most footballers. they always dive and roll around. ita pathetic. i was at a sports hall the other day waiting to play tt and there was a kids footie match on. probably about 6-8 year olds. they were all diving and rolling around when tackled. it was depressing to watch.they learn it from tv though. footballers should look at rugby players or aussie rules football. now those are games for men.
Fraziel,
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 7:42am
i think once any player plays in europe they pick up these behaviour(diving).this italy team is the worst when it comes to diving,(totti being the best diver) i still dont understand why players this talented needs to dive.this is probably why they have the scandal in their country now.as for the italy germany match germany looked a tired team at the start of the extra time.the first goal was caused by bad marking due to the fact that germany did a lot of defending in extra time.very bad way to loose a game with 1.5minutes left in the game. vivre le france!!! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braveheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 8:12am

well. I think is better you follow your ice hockey team because I have the impression you are making a strange cocktail called 'mess' !

Even in ice hockey you score the last minute, isn.t it  ? So ????  This is a game, we do not have to apologize before scoring.

patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 11:14am
who's talking about ice hockey,remember a football pitch is anywhere from 100yrds-125yrds.if you spend 25minutes defending your goal in extra time your defenders will get tired, this is why italy had more chances and they seem to have wanted the win a bit more than germany as they were on the attack almost the entire 30 minutes of extra time. i think they deserve the win in the way germany played in extra time(it seemed as if germany was playing to go into shoot out).and as for forwards and bench italy was much deeper look who they brought on and also had inzhaggi on the bench.btw if the subject is football lets keep it so.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote President JFJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 12:43pm
Ya braveheart, we should watch our ice hockey team. What does that mean? Are you saying its our only good team? Well, news for you, your country has no good teams. The reason that hockey teams score in the last minute a lot of the time is because there is a goalie pulled. The defending team only has to put the ball on net to score, and the attacking team has an extra attacker. Hockey is a completely different game than soccer. About 3 times as many goals are scored, there are stoppages in time, the players move faster, the playing surface is much, much smaller, there is contact, and the object used for scoring travels at up to 110 mph. Thoses are some major differences in rules and regulations. Don't compare hockey to soccer, especially when you know nothing about hockey.
Peace out.

JFJ
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 12:50pm

THERE IS NO NEED FOR NAME CALLING OR BEING RUDE ON BOTH SIDES.  PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ANTAGONIZING EACH OTHER.

CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?

WE ARE ALL MATURE HERE - SO PLEASE ACT IN A LIKEWISE MANNER!!

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 12:51pm

THERE IS NO NEED FOR NAME CALLING OR BEING RUDE ON BOTH SIDES.  PLEASE REFRAIN FROM ANTAGONIZING EACH OTHER.

CAN'T WE ALL GET ALONG?

WE ARE ALL MATURE HERE - SO PLEASE ACT IN A LIKEWISE MANNER!!

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2006 at 12:51pm
DIDN't mean to triple post
MODS please erase the other 2 thanks.
something went wrong w/ my internet connection
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic