Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ITTF Standard Rules
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ITTF Standard Rules

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
murrayblhrc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murrayblhrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ITTF Standard Rules
    Posted: 07/23/2020 at 11:22am
Seeking regulation standards concerning temperature and humidity. 

The International Table Tennis Federation Handbook 2020 is where I have looked so far. 

Clear specifications for lighting, but none for temperature nor humidity. 

I.E.
Humidity shall be within 45%-55%RH
Temperature shall be between 68-70°F

Am I looking in the wrong place?
Sponsored Links

jfolsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2020 at 1:27pm
I have never heard of one. Humidity might be problematic, there are places that have a wide range. Phoenix, AZ can vary by 30% depending on the time of they year.
gradge View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gradge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2020 at 1:45pm
You could try the Handbook for Match Officials

murrayblhrc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murrayblhrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2020 at 8:28pm
Quick search of this document shows nothing. 

Interesting, there must be no standard. 

Humidity is the killer of my spin game, I'm sure I am not alone. O well.

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2020 at 9:09pm
Humidity changes EVERYTHING for MONTHS for heavy tospinning players in KOREA. Advantage goes to those who can play fast and hit ball directly without much spin as a habit.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2020 at 3:40am
   ATLANTA 1996, HEART ATTACK OCCURED WITH THE EVENT's STAFF .

https://www.teamusa.org/~/media/USA_Table_Tennis/Documents/History/History22-14.pdf

Take care you get to the page 226.
A curious mishap took place a week before the Atlanta Olympic show started out. In the morning on 15 July that the many inside air-conditioners got switched to a full go, an air draught had rised all over the hall as strong as to deflect the flaying balls away. It was a mishap unexpected, just a week left to improve.

Again, ITTF Rules do not prescribe any limits ща inside enviroment of temperature and humidity. While a National's Rules may do so. For example, Russian edition says as follows
-- Air temperature in playing area shall be within 12-27* Celsius, and humidity of 50-70%.

/Be happy/
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2020 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

ATLANTA 1996, HEART ATTACK OCCURED WITH THE EVENT's STAFF .

https://www.teamusa.org/~/media/USA_Table_Tennis/Documents/History/History22-14.pdf

Take care you get to the page 226.
A curious mishap took place a week before the Atlanta Olympic show started out. In the morning on 15 July that the many inside air-conditioners got switched to a full go, an air draught had rised all over the hall as strong as to deflect the flaying balls away. It was a mishap unexpected, just a week left to improve.

Again, ITTF Rules do not prescribe any limits ща inside enviroment of temperature and humidity. While a National's Rules may do so. For example, Russian edition says as follows
-- Air temperature in playing area shall be within 12-27* Celsius, and humidity of 50-70%.

/Be happy/

High temperature of 27degC? hmmmm
>65yo, presently overweight rather than obese.
Darker Speed90 with T05H/Dignics05 and Darker Imperial with D80/D05.

Delusion is an asset
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic