FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
Advertising on MyTableTennis.NET

Jha Signed to 1st Div Bundesliga

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2019 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Lightspin Lightspin wrote:

A player has to be really careful where they go to train overseas.  When I went to China, I was forced to train with people who basically had never played before and it was immensely depressing.  I was paying money to basically teach them how to play.  Another player I know was only around 2400 and beat everyone at his training facility and thought his trip was a waste of time.  However if you are willing to spend a lot of money with a high profile province team, you will play with good players.  It will be very expensive though.

Germany and Sweden are no better unfortunately.  Things are very hit or miss.  Players have to be extremely careful where they go to train. Some places aren't even safe for the players with extremely shady things going on.  Safesport would have these places shut down if they were in the USA. 

Having coached a considerable amount of time internationally and having been involved in various table tennis venues around the world (both training and competitive), coupled with the many discussions with players and coaches on this matter, I strongly support your excellent summary of the overseas training environments as you so eloquently expressed it.

For almost all USA players seeking the attainment of national-level (and beyond) playing ability, my view today is that the best and most trustworthy environments for such rigorous development are in the full-time centers in the U.S., with the acknowledgement that the quality within these centers varies by significant degrees, both in coaching and culture, for the purpose at hand.  In the accepted context of these centers functioning as profit-requiring enterprises, the ingredients are nevertheless present to create player capabilities within the junior ranks equivalent to those from the European systems.  At some point in this developmental track, the U.S. competition dimension becomes inferior, thus requiring, for those of such interest, to seek other environments far advanced in match opportunities.  With the systems of China, Japan, and Korea functioning as closed systems in the practical sense of the term, it is Europe that is the golden land for U.S. juniors of high aspiration.  Essentially, Kanak has demonstrated the best model to optimize the prospects for the most ambitious of the U.S. juniors.

Thank you again for your insights.
Advances in a field are best achieved by constructs that fully reflect the phenomena of interest and are rooted in a theory that specifies their determinants, mediating processes, and its effects.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2019 at 6:24pm
Round 3:
Ochsenhausen beat Grenzau 3-1.

In the first match, Kanak Jha lost to Hugo Calderano (10, 9, 9).

Video:

Edited by amateur - 09/15/2019 at 6:25pm
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2019 at 6:50pm

A player has to be really careful where they go to train overseas.  When I went to China, I was forced to train with people who basically had never played before and it was immensely depressing.  I was paying money to basically teach them how to play.  Another player I know was only around 2400 and beat everyone at his training facility and thought his trip was a waste of time.  However if you are willing to spend a lot of money with a high profile province team, you will play with good players.  It will be very expensive though.

Germany and Sweden are no better unfortunately.  Things are very hit or miss.  Players have to be extremely careful where they go to train. Some places aren't even safe for the players with extremely shady things going on.  Safesport would have these places shut down if they were in the USA. 

Can you be more specific about these extremely shady things?
It's hard for me to imagine what you are talking about.
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 12:05am
I think when I said "Safesport would have these places shut down if they were in the USA" is enough detail to figure out what I am talking about. 
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 12:40am
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Round 3:
Ochsenhausen beat Grenzau 3-1.

In the first match, Kanak Jha lost to Hugo Calderano (10, 9, 9).

Video:
There is so much of today's Kanak in that score, breathing in the best necks and ready to bite for good. The 0-3 loss carries a lot of hope in the details.
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2019 at 1:24am

I think when I said "Safesport would have these places shut down if they were in the USA" is enough detail to figure out what I am talking about. 

ok thanks for the info.

Edited by pingpungpeng - 09/16/2019 at 1:26am
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2019 at 1:09pm
Grenzau lost again (2-3 against Düsseldorf), but Kanak got his first win in the first division:

E3-3Kanak JHAAnton KÄLLBERG6:114:1111:711:811:73:2
Tiggs_1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiggs_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 2:37pm
He was thoroughly outplayed in first two games, but he hung in there tightened up some things and won.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2019 at 2:53pm
Another match today - round of 16 of the German Cup. Grenzau lost 2-3 against Saarbrücken and were eliminated.

E1-2Kanak JHATomas POLANSKY11:1311:611:97:1111:53:21:0
E2-1Mihai BOBOCICAPatrick FRANZISKA11:79:113:1111:711:53:21:0
E3-3Anders LINDDarko JORGIC6:118:117:11-:--:-0:30:1
E1-1Kanak JHAPatrick FRANZISKA9:113:1111:69:11-:-1:30:1
D-DLIND / BOBOCICAJORGIC / POLANSKY12:107:115:114:11-:-1:30:1

Edited by amateur - 09/22/2019 at 2:54pm
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2019 at 1:54pm
Any recorded videos of him playing?
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2019 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by ZingyDNA ZingyDNA wrote:

Any recorded videos of him playing?

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2019 at 8:35am
Today Amy Wang is making her debut in the German first division for TTG Bingen (where she replaces Lily Zhang). She'll face Sarah de Nutte and Britta Eerland.

Edited by amateur - 09/29/2019 at 8:40am
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2019 at 1:07pm
Pretty good debut for Amy Wang - after a 2-3 loss to de Nutte (world #72) she beats Eerland (world #47) 3-1. Her team loses 4-6 though.

Kolbermoor (with Lily Zhang) win 6-2 and are at the top of the standings.

Kanak Jha was scheduled to play Daniel Habesohn but it didn't come to that as Grenzau lost 0-3. 

So that's 3 American players now in the top German league. Also, Crystal Wang is registered with Schwabhausen (Sabine Winter's team) but hasn't played yet.

Edited by amateur - 09/29/2019 at 1:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic