Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jha Signed to 1st Div Bundesliga
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Jha Signed to 1st Div Bundesliga

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2020 at 1:25pm
Jha is still developing no matter how good he already is. If you want him to get to the next level, which I certainly hope he can, he really has to improve the power in his FH. Whenever I see He gets a good opportunity but can’t finish the point, I feel bad for him. His FH swings are getting shorter and shorter, which is more common in female players and good for speed and consistency but not goof for generating power.  Just my 2 cents.
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
Sponsored Links

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2020 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Charlie Brown Charlie Brown wrote:

Kanak is doing USATT proud like Jim Butler before, he is proving he can compete in that arena...but in a new era.

I don't think Jim Butler ever played in the German league. Eric Boggan did, quite successfully.

Meanwhile Lily Zhang is doing well in her second season, as the #2 player for Kolbermoor. She now has 9 wins and 4 losses. Her team will finish second or third.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2020 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Kanak is doing USATT proud like Jim Butler before, he is proving he can compete in that arena...but in a new era.

I don't think Jim Butler ever played in the German league. Eric Boggan did, quite successfully.

Meanwhile Lily Zhang is doing well in her second season, as the #2 player for Kolbermoor. She now has 9 wins and 4 losses. Her team will finish second or third.
I think Jimmy played in the Swedish leagues, which in those days were a lot strong than they are now.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2020 at 5:39pm

Today Jha beat Pucar 3-0 (1, 7, 11). And Grenzau finally got their first win! 3-0 against Fulda.

Kanak now has 6 wins and 13 losses, not too bad for his first season.
Do we know if Jha will match up with Timo at some point this season?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2020 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

Jha is still developing no matter how good he already is. If you want him to get to the next level, which I certainly hope he can, he really has to improve the power in his FH. Whenever I see He gets a good opportunity but can’t finish the point, I feel bad for him. His FH swings are getting shorter and shorter, which is more common in female players and good for speed and consistency but not goof for generating power.  Just my 2 cents.
I see what is being conveyed here and I am going along, now the question is can he use more wood and less brushing to gain speed and deepness? as said in the quoted text, slow spinny loops that land in the middle of the table are not pressuring enough at his level. A contact closer to the bounce is also possible, he has a lot of room there and a little can do a lot. 
He is a very gentle person and wants to build the point patiently, credits to him. He is in the wake of Timo Boll in that sense but Timo is way more aggressive than Kanak who I believe will adjust as confidence grows; after all, he is a Bundesliga freshman and he is still adjusting, the inter season time will be huge to recoup and be ready. 
One possibility is that the coaches of his team want him to play a certain style and like in American football, he has no say and must follow instructions.
Whatever happens does not change a fact: he made it to the big leagues and he is living his dream.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2020 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Today Jha beat Pucar 3-0 (1, 7, 11). And Grenzau finally got their first win! 3-0 against Fulda.

Do we know if Jha will match up with Timo at some point this season?

No chance - Grenzau already played Dusseldorf twice, both times without Timo (he typically sits out the easier/less important team matches). Maybe they'll meet in Tokyo in the bronze medal match (jk).
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2020 at 7:14pm

Kanak is doing USATT proud like Jim Butler before, he is proving he can compete in that arena...but in a new era. They will renew his contract for another season - they know this is a transition period for both parties, it will be in the new contract they will expect more of him Wink

i need to post in detail or in more simpler sentences, assumptions run wild in here Confused

Edited by Charlie Brown - 01/12/2020 at 7:14pm
*sigh*
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2020 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

One possibility is that the coaches of his team want him to play a certain style and like in American football, he has no say and must follow instructions.

His team coaches surely give him lots of guidance and advice but they wouldn't force him to play a certain style. The TTBL is neither the CNT nor the NFL.

I've always seen Jha as a Gauzy-like player who doesn't rely so much on power. 
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/12/2020 at 9:22pm
Hi,

Kanak has a spirit of play and accompanying skill that excels in results at the American standard.  At the end of his career, he will far surpass exceedingly all results from American-developed players in American competitions on American soil.  At such a young age, he has already attained legendary performance outcomes.  

There are other and higher standards than the American standard.

Thanks.
Technique is a false culture.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2020 at 7:58am
While Kanak may not get as high as some more powerful players, he is already a better player than many more powerful players and has good wins over some better players with far more power. In fact, Pucar is probably the epitome of young power at the European level.

Unfortunately, some of us will remain forever obsessed with what Kanak cannot do rather than having a healthy appreciation for what he does extremely well with his exquisite ball control and unwavering resolve.  My hope (and expectation) is that as Kanak grows and improves, he will expand our concept of table tennis because of his undeniable results.  He may ultimately sway some of the naysayers who think that there is only one template for a world class player, but maybe not.  Kanak has time to add more strength to his game over the next 10 years as he experiments with his body and lifestyle - it may never be his first instinct to use power, but he has time to add something to it.  But what he does well now has made him competitive against many players including some in the top 10.  That is enough to laud, but some are still focused on what he lacks, not what he is achieving.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 245
FH: D09C 1.9 R/B
BH: D09C 1.9 B/R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2020 at 11:23am
LOL I don't think chongqinghotpot meant junior, cadet or noob with the word "developing". In a sense Timo Boll and Ma Long are also developing players, just in different areas compared to junior players..

Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

A developing player should take risk over safety and power over control in general. 

Did not realize 1st Div Bundesliga signed "developing players"...i thought they only had "professional players" who need to have good performance (win:loss ratio) to remain on the team(s).

This means every club player who swings out at every ball will now be a "pro" yay Clap

koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2020 at 12:19am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

While Kanak may not get as high as some more powerful players, he is already a better player than many more powerful players and has good wins over some better players with far more power. In fact, Pucar is probably the epitome of young power at the European level.

Unfortunately, some of us will remain forever obsessed with what Kanak cannot do rather than having a healthy appreciation for what he does extremely well with his exquisite ball control and unwavering resolve.  My hope (and expectation) is that as Kanak grows and improves, he will expand our concept of table tennis because of his undeniable results.  He may ultimately sway some of the naysayers who think that there is only one template for a world class player, but maybe not.  Kanak has time to add more strength to his game over the next 10 years as he experiments with his body and lifestyle - it may never be his first instinct to use power, but he has time to add something to it.  But what he does well now has made him competitive against many players including some in the top 10.  That is enough to laud, but some are still focused on what he lacks, not what he is achieving.

Kanak has a very complete game at the moment and his ability to finish the point and hit big shots is clearly getting better if you pay attention.

His competition has gotten better, so it does not always look like he is adding power to his game, but he absolutely is in a gradual and intelligent manner.

He is also getting much better in playing against power which is equally as important.  Give him a couple more years in the Bundesliga and he will make another qualitative jump upward.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2020 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Kanak has a very complete game at the moment and his ability to finish the point and hit big shots is clearly getting better if you pay attention.

His competition has gotten better, so it does not always look like he is adding power to his game, but he absolutely is in a gradual and intelligent manner.

He is also getting much better in playing against power which is equally as important.  Give him a couple more years in the Bundesliga and he will make another qualitative jump upward.

ILya

Everything is relative.  I don't think a player in the top 100 exists without a complete game. 

Kanak is obviously hitting the ball harder than he did way 2 years ago. My point is that ultimately we can spend forever talking about this or that about his game while ignoring the results that show the misguided focus of such complaints. 

Kanak had already  beaten in this year players like Karlsson, Kallberg, Pucar, Assar, Skachkov and more I likely haven't mentioned.  Many players at his age at the top of Europe can't beat those players. But all we continue to hear is how Kanak is not on the level of players he has for the most part routinely outperformed like Pletea.
Carbonado 245
Ttunderthesun21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ttunderthesun21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2020 at 12:29pm

ILya

Everything is relative.  I don't think a player in the top 100 exists without a complete game. 

Kanak is obviously hitting the ball harder than he did way 2 years ago. My point is that ultimately we can spend forever talking about this or that about his game while ignoring the results that show the misguided focus of such complaints. 

Kanak had already  beaten in this year players like Karlsson, Kallberg, Pucar, Assar, Skachkov and more I likely haven't mentioned.  Many players at his age at the top of Europe can't beat those players. But all we continue to hear is how Kanak is not on the level of players he has for the most part routinely outperformed like Pletea.

On that note, I feel this might be a breakout year for him.  His ranking is high thus getting into more main draw events.  A couple good showings early in the year, and I think he can improve his confidence against top players going forward.  Especially Hugo lol, every main draw he ends up playing him.  
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2020 at 2:02pm
We all have a Hugo we have to go through. Makes us better.

TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/18/2020 at 4:41am

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/19/2020 at 12:25pm
That was kind of an ass-kicking by Kanak. Pucar's serves always look filthy to me (not illegal, just fizzing with spin) but Kanak handled them with ease.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2020 at 4:05pm
Second win for Grenzau today, 3-2 against Neu-Ulm, thanks to 2 wins by Kanak Jha: 3-0 against Viktor Brodd, and 3-1 against Gustavo Tsuboi (to whom he had lost just a week ago at the Pan Am Cup).
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2020 at 4:23pm

Second win for Grenzau today, 3-2 against Neu-Ulm, thanks to 2 wins by Kanak Jha: 3-0 against Viktor Brodd, and 3-1 against Gustavo Tsuboi (to whom he had lost just a week ago at the Pan Am Cup).
Beating Tsuboi is a great achievement. I'm going to have to watch that one. Awesome!
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2020 at 5:01pm

Beating Tsuboi is a great achievement. I'm going to have to watch that one. Awesome!

He had beaten Tsuboi almost everytime recently until he laid an egg in Puerto Rico.
Carbonado 245
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2020 at 2:42am
KJ FIGHTING !!!
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2020 at 9:25am
Third win in a row for Grenzau: 3-0 against last-place team Julich.

Kanak Jha beat Denis Klein 3-0 and improved his record to 9-13.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2020 at 2:07pm
Round 21: Grenzau vs Grunwettersbach 2-3
(Schwickert is not part of the regular team)

E1-2Kanak JHADang QIU13:116:1111:99:116:112:30:1
E2-1Vincent SCHWICKERTXi WANG1:112:115:11-:--:-0:30:1
E3-3Anders LINDTobias RASMUSSEN12:1011:411:5-:--:-3:01:0
E1-1Kanak JHAXi WANG6:1111:49:1111:613:113:21:0
D-DSCHWICKERT / LINDQIU / RASMUSSEN4:119:114:11-:--:-0:30:1

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2020 at 2:18pm
Now we know he isn't a slouch vs 2700 level defense.
Carbonado 245
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/11/2020 at 9:53pm
I think Wang Xi is a bit better than 2700.  He is not as good as he used to be a few years ago, but he is still likely one of the best choppers in the world.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2020 at 8:51am

I think Wang Xi is a bit better than 2700.  He is not as good as he used to be a few years ago, but he is still likely one of the best choppers in the world.

ILya

I'm just being conservative.  Wang Xi also had a not-so-good NA Teams in 2019 hence the low estimate.
Carbonado 245
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2020 at 9:09am

ILya

I'm just being conservative.  Wang Xi also had a not-so-good NA Teams in 2019 hence the low estimate.

The international players who come to that tournament often treat it as a vacation and are playing hungover but I’m not sure if that was the case for Wang xi. 
W7 baby
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2020 at 9:40pm
Is the Bundesliga still playing?  I saw matches from a week ago and it seems to me that they don't usually have big crowds on hand.  But I expect they're probably suspended now.
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2020 at 10:05pm

Is the Bundesliga still playing?  I saw matches from a week ago and it seems to me that they don't usually have big crowds on hand.  But I expect they're probably suspended now.
All TT league play including the Bundesliga has been suspended I believe as of Friday.
Stiga ALL 2000 '76; DHS H3 Neo 2.1, Dr. Neubauer ABS2 2.3

My Feedback
Charlie Brown View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2020 at 12:33am
yup...

ETTU announcement

From Monday 16th March 2020 European Table Tennis Union shall provisionally suspend all international events including the European Olympic Singles Qualification, European Championships Stage 1 C groups, Club Competition (Champions League and Europe Cup) matches and ETTU development activities that had been due to start between the above date and Thursday 30th April 2020.

*sigh*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic