Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jha Signed to 1st Div Bundesliga
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Jha Signed to 1st Div Bundesliga

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2020 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Is the Bundesliga still playing?  I saw matches from a week ago and it seems to me that they don't usually have big crowds on hand.  But I expect they're probably suspended now.
All TT league play including the Bundesliga has been suspended I believe as of Friday.

Round 22 (the final round) was canceled (not just suspended). It would not have made a significant difference in the final standings. The play-offs between the top 4 teams may still happen later this spring.

Kanak's first TTBL season is thus over, finishing with a 10-14 record. It looks like he may not stay with Grenzau and may have "better" options, but there hasn't been any public announcement.
Sponsored Links

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2020 at 4:36am
There are rumors that Kanak might move to Ochsenhausen to replace Dyjas and play alongside Calderano and Gauzy.

But all decisions and announcements are probably on hold because of the current crisis, and its economic impact on club sponsors.

Edit:
Calderano has a European (Portuguese) passport, which would allow him to play indeed alongside Jha - TTBL regulations limit teams to 1 non-European player for each contest.

Edited by amateur - 03/23/2020 at 10:21am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2020 at 10:28am
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

There are rumors that Kanak might move to Ochsenhausen to replace Dyjas and play alongside Calderano and Gauzy.

But all decisions and announcements are probably on hold because of the current crisis, and its economic impact on club sponsors.

Edit:
Calderano has a European (Portuguese) passport, which would allow him to play indeed alongside Jha - TTBL regulations limit teams to 1 non-European player for each contest.
If they want to compete seriously though you would think they would use that spot on someone stronger than Kanak.  Unless they really believe in his potential, they could get some former CNT player and raise the overall level of the squad in the short term to Champions Cup contender.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Carbonado 245
FH: D09C 1.9 R/B
BH: D09C 1.9 B/R
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2020 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Edit:
If they want to compete seriously though you would think they would use that spot on someone stronger than Kanak.  Unless they really believe in his potential, they could get some former CNT player and raise the overall level of the squad in the short term to Champions Cup contender.

Sure, but that could be a combination of finances (Kanak is cheaper...) and branding - if I'm not mistaken, Ochsenhausen has never had older players from Asia and is betting on youth and rising stars. The team is one thing, but they also have their training center, which attracts many young players from Europe:

Edited by amateur - 03/23/2020 at 12:02pm
Lightspin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2020 at 6:58pm
Kanak has had some flashes of brilliance lately which indicates he might be on the verge of a breakthrough.  He is also still young so maybe the club can pick him up for slightly less money and make a huge return on investment. 

One thing I would worry about is that he is improving in his current environment.  If he changes locations, even if he trains with better players, it might effect the way he improves.  Finding the right coach and right practice partners is not easy. 
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/23/2020 at 7:58pm

...if I'm not mistaken, Ochsenhausen has never had older players from Asia and is betting on youth and rising stars.

Ryu Seung Min went there in 2012 for a 2 year contract if anyone remembers... and Ryu wasn't exactly a spring chicken at that time.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/content.php?575-Ryu-Seung-Min-moves-to-Germany-to-represent-Ochsenhausen!!
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2020 at 3:20am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

...if I'm not mistaken, Ochsenhausen has never had older players from Asia and is betting on youth and rising stars.

Ryu Seung Min went there in 2012 for a 2 year contract if anyone remembers... and Ryu wasn't exactly a spring chicken at that time.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/content.php?575-Ryu-Seung-Min-moves-to-Germany-to-represent-Ochsenhausen!!

You're right, thanks! Ryu stayed for 2 seasons and then returned to South Korea to become the national coach.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2020 at 4:44pm
Grenzau has confirmed that Kanak Jha is leaving the team. The Ochsenhausen rumor seems to be growing stronger.

In the meantime the German association has decided to terminate the season in all its leagues (i.e. everything except the TTBL, which is autonomous). That concerns a bunch of US players, male and female. In the women's Bundesliga, Lily Zhang's team finishes 3rd in the standings, Amy Wang's 4th, and Crystal Wang's 5th. Individual records:
Lily Zhang 11-5 (also 8-2 in doubles with Kristin Lang)
Amy Wang 1-4
Crystal Wang 3-7 (3-1 in doubles)
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/02/2020 at 5:40pm

Grenzau has confirmed that Kanak Jha is leaving the team. The Ochsenhausen rumor seems to be growing stronger.

In the meantime the German association has decided to terminate the season in all its leagues (i.e. everything except the TTBL, which is autonomous). That concerns a bunch of US players, male and female. In the women's Bundesliga, Lily Zhang's team finishes 3rd in the standings, Amy Wang's 4th, and Crystal Wang's 5th. Individual records:
Lily Zhang 11-5 (also 8-2 in doubles with Kristin Lang)
Amy Wang 1-4
Crystal Wang 3-7 (3-1 in doubles)

Thank you for the update.  In Rajul's interview on the USATT website, he mentioned Lily hit town a couple weeks ago.
Optimal table tennis body fat percentages:
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2020 at 1:08pm
Kanak Jha is a new player of TTF Liebherr Ochenhausen:

Edited by stiltt - 04/30/2020 at 2:22pm
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/30/2020 at 1:46pm
Kubik Kulczycki Sidorenko Kanak Calderano Gauzy. 
if Calderano knee won't be in good condition.
relegation
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2020 at 7:40pm
The new TTBL season has begun. Ochsenhausen's first match will be against champion Saarbrucken this Sunday - with Kanak as #3?

New players this year include Quadri Aruna (Fulda) and Emmanuel Lebesson (Neu-Ulm). Also a certain Aleksandar Karakasevic (Grenzau).

Edited by amateur - 09/17/2020 at 12:01am
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2020 at 8:00am
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

Kubik Kulczycki Sidorenko Kanak Calderano Gauzy. 
if Calderano knee won't be in good condition.
relegation

From the U.S. perspective, the greatest thing about this list is that Kanak can train with these excellent players.  He will improve.

Thanks.
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2020 at 8:54am
Today's lineup:

1-2 Hugo CALDERANO Darko JORGIC -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -
2-1 Kanak JHA Shang KUN -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -
3-3 Simon GAUZY Patrick FRANZISKA -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -
1-1 Hugo CALDERANO Shang KUN

Live stream about to start:
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2020 at 12:10pm
Great finish. The net clamp made the difference.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2020 at 12:10pm

Today's lineup:

1-2 Hugo CALDERANO Darko JORGIC -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -
2-1 Kanak JHA Shang KUN -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -
3-3 Simon GAUZY Patrick FRANZISKA -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -:- -
1-1 Hugo CALDERANO Shang KUN

Live stream about to start:
Ochenhausen wins 3-1.  I brought Calderano good luck lol as he was already two sets down and  9-5 or something and then 10-7 before coming back to win the match deuce in the 5th.

I suspect Jha had the Ochenhausen loss but given the level of opponent, it is to be expected. 
Carbonado 245
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2020 at 12:10pm

Don't prematurely celebrate before the point is over lol.
Carbonado 245
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2020 at 12:15pm

I suspect Jha had the Ochenhausen loss but given the level of opponent, it is to be expected. 

Shang Kun had a strong record in the league last year, Kanak did pretty well. Had a lead in games 1 and 2, won game 3, but in the end he couldn't do enough to control Kun's attacks.

2-1 Kanak JHA Shang KUN 9:11 8:11 11:6 5:11 -:- 1:3 0:1 33' 13''
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2020 at 8:01pm

Shang Kun had a strong record in the league last year, Kanak did pretty well. Had a lead in games 1 and 2, won game 3, but in the end he couldn't do enough to control Kun's attacks.

2-1 Kanak JHA Shang KUN 9:11 8:11 11:6 5:11 -:- 1:3 0:1 33' 13''

Two quick things.

1)  Just by being selected to play in that lineup says much that is positive about Kanak's professional status.

2)  That Kanak could play competitively with such strong opposition is so impressive.

Thanks.
Men    8 - 15%
Women 16 - 22%
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2020 at 7:01am

That point was interesting and I couldn't help but suspect that for that type of high bounce it may well have hit the table just before or at the same time as it hit the clamp.

But well done Hugo, interesting how his high risk, backhand receive game can work. I do worry that always wanting to receive with the BH makes it easy for other top players to work out tactics against him.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2020 at 7:14am
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

That point was interesting and I couldn't help but suspect that for that type of high bounce it may well have hit the table just before or at the same time as it hit the clamp.

But well done Hugo, interesting how his high risk, backhand receive game can work. I do worry that always wanting to receive with the BH makes it easy for other top players to work out tactics against him.

Your worry is obviously correct, even in that match, you could see Shang Kun often serving long or half long for that reason and Hugo not really attacking the ball, or struggling to take the serve down the line (on match point at 10-9, he was to me clearly trying to go down the line to surprise Kun but whiffed the ball entirely).  
Carbonado 245
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2020 at 3:21pm
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/26/2020 at 4:58pm
Tomorrow (3pm local) Ochsenhausen will play at Jha's former club Grenzau. A Kanak-Karakasevic match would be interesting.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2020 at 10:18am
My wish has been granted - Kanak vs Kara for breakfast:
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2020 at 11:22am

Not a good wish for Kanak... 
Carbonado 245
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2020 at 11:24am

Not a good wish for Kanak... 

But a good lesson and a memorable experience. Long live King Kara!

Ochsenhausen wins 3-1.
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2020 at 2:26pm
Looks like he had an off-day, and had real trouble keeping Kara's third ball on the table.

Edited by Odie - 09/28/2020 at 2:27pm
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2020 at 10:35pm
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2020 at 10:22pm
karakasevic last year gets easy 0:3 from kulczycki.
Kulczycki plays very similiar to Gerassimienko. 
I think they invest more in his improvement and jha should find new club in 3rd division or something on his level. Btw european players always will be 3-4 times level better than USA players. 
idk View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2020 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by andzejgolot andzejgolot wrote:

karakasevic last year gets easy 0:3 from kulczycki.
Kulczycki plays very similiar to Gerassimienko. 
I think they invest more in his improvement and jha should find new club in 3rd division or something on his level. Btw european players always will be 3-4 times level better than USA players. 

jha is lightyears better than any polish player including kulczycki. 3-4 times level better? are you trolling? how have european players done recently against Zhou Qihao? He took out both Karlsson and Kallberg at the world team cup last year too.

which european-grown woman is better than lily zhang?
W7 baby
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic