Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Fever Blade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rollko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rollko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joola Fever Blade?
    Posted: 09/28/2020 at 3:24pm
Hi all,

Has anyone tried the Joola Fever blade?
How does it compared to Butterfly ALC classics (TB Spirit, TB ALC...), especially in terms of speed, stiffness, looping potential, sweetspot, arc, control etc (using the same rubber, e.g. Tenergy 05)?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2020 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Rollko Rollko wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the Joola Fever blade?
How does it compared to Butterfly ALC classics (TB Spirit, TB ALC...), especially in terms of speed, stiffness, looping potential, sweetspot, arc, control etc (using the same rubber, e.g. Tenergy 05)?

Thanks

Played with it a long time ago (about 10 yrs or so) and at the time, I was playing with Yinhe/Galaxy K-5 as my primary setup. The one thing that I faintly remember is the the speed was predominantly in the same class as K-5 but the throw angle was lower and thus it required quite a bit of lift from the legs /waist, which made it impractical for my style. The control on it was defintely good and it seemed very good on flat hits to me. But that still did not give me enough reason to stick to it. I still found my similarly priced K-5 to be a better deal. 

Having tried and played with several of butterfly ALCs over the years, I defintely have a fair bit of respect for their quality and stability. I really find them to be a lot more consistent in terms of their performance as compared to other brands, piece over piece. For example, I absolutely hate stiga for the variation that it has in the same blades within the same weight range and I have never hit into this problem with butterfly.

If I was looking at an alternate to butterfly in terms of plies, I would look at Nexy or Tibhar or even Yinhe. 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
ericto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2020 at 8:25pm
my 2 cents

Big sweet spot has flex not as fast as spirit, more off-; 
When i put unboosted H3 on it,u can actually somewhat play with it unlike other blades, i dont use it cos i do long pips nowadays
Got to 1600 with long pips Sept 2019;

Trying to get to 1800
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2020 at 11:17pm
One of the players at our club plays with it.  He's about 1700 and plays back from the table.  It's probably an Off- blade like ericto pointed out.  It's a very nice blade and it comes in an Anatomic handles which is what he plays with.  He especially likes the feel of the handle.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2020 at 4:35am
Fever was and is still used by quite a few sponsored Joola players in the UK and coaches because it's balanced, stable and a solid all rounder. Off to Off - Not super speedy buy quick enough I would say. Nice and easy to create alot of shots and create topspin nicely. I actually know a couple of the Uk Juniors who play with it. More of a solid reliable balanced blade that's why they use it i would think.

Think Timo Boll ALC type of blade but a bit cheaper!

It's also a strong contender for a league and county level blade because of it's balance, sped and feel mix.

Only thing I found with it was the comfy handle was a tiny bit small for me on the straight handle.

Mixes well with tenergy and the ESN rubbers. It works well with the new AGR and ACC rubbers as i've had a hit with one of the sponsored coaches blades who uses that setup.

Will work with Tenergy well I would be sure.

Cheers

Edited by ghostzen - 09/29/2020 at 10:21am
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2020 at 7:11am
For me it's a solid OFF Blade, on par with Viscaria and TBS from the same weight. The main difference is the blade face is smaller, that reduces a little bit the flex and leave the balance more neutral (not head heavy).

One of my students uses it with MXP forehand and ELP backhand, great combo for those who like outer composite blades. Also I found the FL handle a little bit bulkier compared to Viscaria and TBS.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2020 at 8:41am
It's a very good clone of Butterfly Maze off. 150 x 155 x 5.60 compared to Maze 150 x 157 x 5.60
same construction same feeling, fl handle is a bit thiner. Very good for its price.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic