Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joola Rhyzer 48 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 8:53am
The Rhyzer 48 matches very well with a light (ie: not too fast) Viscaria-type (including TB-ALC,  ZJK-ALC) blade.
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 9:06am
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

I don't know... Tried Rhyzer 48, had baracuda, all good rubbers, but nothing grabs it like Hexer (tensor rubbers, not talking about Chinese rubbers' grab)

Omega V Asia definitely.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 9:10am
The rhyzer usually produces spin with a combination of the sponge compression while baracuda is more on brushing the ball. On stronger shots, the rhyzer is spinnier than baracuda but for slow loops, baracuda is spinnier.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 11:13am
After more testing, the Rhyzer48 is most likely too fast for my ability. While I produce some incredible hero shots, the rubber does accentuate ones misses in match situations, especially against spin heavy opponents.
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 12:32pm
I still love my Rhyzer 48. Massive speed glue feeling fades away within a month but it´s still is a very nice rubber after that. Only downside that I have noticed is that topsheet wears out faster than R47. On the otherhand Rhyzer gives me confident to drive with full power (due to sg feeling) so it might be that I use harder shots with Rhyzer and that naturally wears the topsheet quite a lot.
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

After more testing, the Rhyzer48 is most likely too fast for my ability. While I produce some incredible hero shots, the rubber does accentuate ones misses in match situations, especially against spin heavy opponents.

I have played with it less than you have (a training session and 7-8 matches). My benchmark in ESN tensors is MX-P (as I've played with it a lot) and I've recently migrated from H3N / T05.

So far (and again, it is early), I prefer R48 to MX-P in topspin vs topspin and (especially) loop vs underspin. A bit easier to generate spin with and, perhaps, a bit more spin is generated. I also like the fact that R48 sponge feels a bit harder than MX-P sponge.

I prefer MX-P in smashes and direct play (stiffer, thicker topsheet helps in both cases).

So, overall spin level (IMHO): Rhyzer 48 = Bluestorm Z1 >= MX-P > Aurus Prime > R47
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2018 at 5:55pm
Thanks for all the reviews and experience sharing guys.

Does Rhyzer 48 degrade in performance and show shrinkage as fast as MX-P???

Also would like to know if Bluestorm Z1 has these issues or not?

Thanks
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2018 at 11:11am
Another observation: I have less control in pushes / short game with the thin topsheet / thick sponge R48 (max) as opposed to with MX-P (max) or T05 (max). But that could just be due to lack of familiarity with this new rubber.
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Another observation: I have less control in pushes / short game with the thin topsheet / thick sponge R48 (max) as opposed to with MX-P (max) or T05 (max). But that could just be due to lack of familiarity with this new rubber.

I agree. I have less control over short short and initial pushes, especially placement. This was most pronounced with the Andro R47 but still very present in the Joola R48
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2018 at 3:26pm
The top sheets on these rubbers just don't grab the ball like mx-p, t05 etc, so we need to let the ball dig into the topsheet a bit more. Aurus prime to me feels the most like mx-p and t05 in this regard.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2018 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by nv42 nv42 wrote:

The top sheets on these rubbers just don't grab the ball like mx-p, t05 etc, so we need to let the ball dig into the topsheet a bit more. Aurus prime to me feels the most like mx-p and t05 in this regard.

Agree regarding Omega 7 Pro & R47 grip. Strongly disagree regarding Rhyzer 48 grip which is clearly superior to MX-P grip.

Edited by slevin - 03/13/2018 at 8:03pm
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2018 at 1:18am
I havnt tried the rhyzer and bluestorm yet, I was talking with reference to hype kr and thr rasanters. So you mean rhyzer topsheet is gripper than mx-ps? How abt bluestorm? And by grippy you mean it grabs the ball even at low impact speeds right?

A bit off topic here, but Im really loving aurus select on my bh, though I even liked it when I tried it on my FH, sure it's slow and feels kinda soft, but it gives you pretty good confidence to juat close your bat angle fully and loop drive even balls below net level witout having to worry abt it not grabbing the ball. Also curious if any of the other new gen rubbers have a transparenty and slightly tacky topsheet like the select. And wish there was a harder sponged version of the select.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2018 at 1:48pm
OK. Finally got a chance to try Rhyzer 48 and Bluestorm Z1 on the same model blade (with same weight):

In contrary to my prior opinion, their topsheet is quite different from each other - Relative to that of Z1, Rhyzer 48 topsheet is quite soft (almost like how Bluestorm Z2 is) and the overall feel of Rhyzer 48 is softer because of it.

My recommendations:
  1. If playing with koto outer blade, use Rhyzer 48 and not Bluestorm Z1. Rhyzer 48 feels very spinny on that blade but Bluestorm Z1 might feel a bit too hard
  2. If playing with limba outer blade, Bluestorm Z1 works very well - as you get monster spin from arm-pull / brush - a stroke that does not work well on koto
  3. Rhyzer is faster and has thicker sponge
  4. Rhyzer has more spin & better grip on slow strokes

Edited by slevin - 04/06/2018 at 1:52pm
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2018 at 8:10pm
@Slevin. Do they smell the same?
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Tommy16 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tommy16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2018 at 11:10am
I have played with 1 black Rhyzer 48 and two red ones. To me it feels that the topsheet of a black Rhyzer feels much firmer than red ones. Due to really soft red topsheet it’s hard to counter drive of the bounce with red sheet. Red one is also more difficult to smash with. Slow spinny loops are easier to excecute with red one. We have to keep in mind that I have only tested 3 sheets so my opinion is not absolute truth. Any way quality difference of these 3 sheets is so big that I won’t stick with it any longer.

Edited by Tommy16 - 04/09/2018 at 11:13am
What is the point of playing safe shots when you can miss with style

My feedback: http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=67171&KW=&PID=811763&title=tommy16-feedback#811763
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 4:47am
Pity to hear that cause the rubber isn't a cheap one
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 12:55pm
I compared both Z1 and Rhyzer 48 (R48) with MX-P (all max, all on the same model ALC blade) - practice & match play.

• Short game: R48 > Z1 > MX-P
  • Spin on slow balls: R48 > Z1 = MX-P
  • Dwell: R48 > Z1 = MX-P
  • Loop against underspin: R48 > Z1 > MX-P
  • Power in fast exchanges (mid-distance): MX-P > Z1 > R48
  • Blocking and Punching: MX-P > Z1 > R48
  • Topspin - topspin exchanges (mid-distance): MX-P > Z1 > R48
There are reviews that state that R48 is the fastest. While they are not necessarily incorrect, it is important to know the context. On strokes that don't deform / go through its thin topsheet a lot, it is the most powerful. However, on stronger strokes than that, you get a power loss with thin topsheets. That is why MX-P performs better in those strokes.

However, in grip as well as in spin on soft strokes, R48 is superior.

Edited by slevin - 04/10/2018 at 12:55pm
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 1:02pm
That's a good comparison, I think you should add that at slower racket speed MX-P provides more and easy access to speed/spin
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/10/2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

That's a good comparison, I think you should add that at slower racket speed MX-P provides more and easy access to speed/spin

No it does not, IMHO. That is the gist of my comparison: Rhyzer 48 wins in spin / speed on low impact loops, opening loops & offers more control in short game. MX-P wins in power loops, punches and smashes (high impact strokes).
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2018 at 6:38am
From what iv read so far I'm assuming that rhyzer48 has a low throw combined with a long trajectory right in comparison to mx-p's medium throw and medium trajectory while t05 has a high throw and a tight (short) trajectory.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 3:04pm
The rhyzer has power beyond that of the mxp even at stronger shots. Even at far distance the topspin with the rhyzer 48 can still go off the table more with a longer trajectory than the mxp. People think the mxp is stronger but this is rather because the mxp has better control compared to the rhyzer 48 in that they can apply more force without getting too much error as compared to the rhyzer 48.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 6:13pm

Edited by Kolev - 04/13/2018 at 6:46pm
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Yogi, with all due respect, Paul Drinkhall left me with quite the opposite impression in his review of Rhyzer 48 in TTD. I might have misunderstood though. It's just an impression

With all due respect: why would Tibhar sponsored Drinkhall review a Joola rubber?
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2018 at 6:45pm
Ooops, right. It was the Aurus Prime review. Shame on me
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 2:02am
I do not blame people who stay with mxp because IMHO thr mxp is still a very good rubber. Even though newer generation rubbers have come out, people are etill comfortable with mxp. The rhyzer and rubbers of the same generation like z1, victas v15, have greater potential for speed and spin but theybseem to have less control due to speed.

SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2018 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

I do not blame people who stay with mxp because IMHO thr mxp is still a very good rubber. Even though newer generation rubbers have come out, people are etill comfortable with mxp. The rhyzer and rubbers of the same generation like z1, victas v15, have greater potential for speed and spin but theybseem to have less control due to speed.
I feel I can generate a lot more spin with MX-P vs Aurus Prime, but not sure about the others, surely it would be similar though? Something to do with the topsheet being thicker and firmer?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 1:48pm
Actually i feel the same way too. Mxp can outspin aurus prime.

Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 7:10pm
Out of topic: how long before the booster in MX-P is totally gone. Does that change dramatically the playing characteristics of this rubber? From what I understood the Rhyzer 48 changes after month or so
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2018 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

Out of topic: how long before the booster in MX-P is totally gone. Does that change dramatically the playing characteristics of this rubber? From what I understood the Rhyzer 48 changes after month or so
About 3 weeks to 1 month, it makes the rubber feel a lot harder and not to my taste, starts like Tenergy hardness but then it bricks once the booster wears off. Still plays well but I like to reboost afterwards
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/16/2018 at 2:27am
Thanks. I really hoped that you would answer differently. All those new generations ESN seem to have the same problem. I don't like the idea of reboosting every month, cause anyway it won't be the same
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic