Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

JOOLA Rosskopf Emotion - something slower?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pm71 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pm71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: JOOLA Rosskopf Emotion - something slower?
    Posted: 10/25/2020 at 7:47pm
Hi All,

I'm using JOOLA Rosskopf/Rossi Emotion blade.
I'm happy with it, good for block and topspin, but I'd like something a bit slower because many balls go off the table, mostly when playing against long pips or blockers. I mean sometimes I hit the ball having not the best timing or position and the speed of the blade can make the ball go long.
I've 2 Andro Impuld Speed 2.0mm. Not speedy rubbers but still I'd like a slower setup with same characteristics.
What do you suggest?

pm
Sponsored Links

longrange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2020 at 4:42pm
JRE is a fairly fast blade. I used to use it with 2 maxxx-p's and I liked it with those. I remember that with t05 it was just waaay too fast for me and changing rubbers helped taming the blade. So I'd suggest something like maxxx-p but, you know, ymmv.
Last time I played JRE with maxxx-p was right before the lockdown and by that time I have switched to mizutani with t05fx. The speed of the two was comparable.
Knuckle Ball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knuckle Ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2020 at 11:55pm
I have been using the Joola Rossi Emotion (JRE) as my main blade for several years now. Unlike you I went up in speed to the Joola Rossi Emotion PBOc. Before I went with JRE, I used some really good all wood blades which were very similar in performance to the JRE but just a bit slower and with similar or better looping capability and spin generation. These are:

Tibhar Kim Jun Hoon with Hinoki top ply designed by Nexy
Adidas Challenge Speed a fairly fast 7 ply
Adidas V 1.3 also Hinoki top ply but way slower than the other two

Hope this helps
Blade: Rosewood NCT V
FH: Dignics 05 Black
BH: Moristo SP Red
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2020 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by pm71 pm71 wrote:

Hi All,

I'm using JOOLA Rosskopf/Rossi Emotion blade.
I'm happy with it, good for block and topspin, but I'd like something a bit slower because many balls go off the table, mostly when playing against long pips or blockers. I mean sometimes I hit the ball having not the best timing or position and the speed of the blade can make the ball go long.
I've 2 Andro Impuld Speed 2.0mm. Not speedy rubbers but still I'd like a slower setup with same characteristics.
What do you suggest?

I kinda have the feeling that the blade might not be your actual problem. The Rossi Emotion is an excellent blade that provides amazing control in (almost) all phases of the game and can serve a wide variety of players...
I would actually recommend you changing the rubbers instead. The Impuls Speed is rather medium soft and bouncy and is not really a good fit for the Rossi Emotion which has - as you know - a fairly soft top ply and the Impuls Speed is also pretty fast, given that it was released well before the speed glue ban in 2008.
If you need more control you might want to take a look at some entry level tensors like the Vega Intro or the Xiom Musa (no tensor effect at all, but a little more modern and "dynamic" compared to, say Mark V), maybe in 1.8 mm.

Edited by Skynet - 10/31/2020 at 4:59pm
Skynet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skynet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Knuckle Ball Knuckle Ball wrote:

Tibhar Kim Jun Hoon with Hinoki top ply designed by Nexy

The Kim Jung Hoon does not have hinoki top plies; it is white ash...
andzejgolot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andzejgolot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2020 at 7:13am
barwell fleet is expensive and still fast.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic