Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

[LHTT] Updated Videos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [LHTT] Updated Videos
    Posted: 12/30/2018 at 6:11am
By the request for Users,
I'll make it updated for my video here.

Here is #67 Video.

[LHTT #67_Etc] Wonderful Basic Skills by CHN Players

https://youtu.be/IHmRhtMvPd8
Sponsored Links

nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2018 at 6:56pm
Here is #68 Video.

[LHTT #68_Etc] Winner & Loser

https://youtu.be/JR9si8cJZpQ

Edited by nicholasy - 12/30/2018 at 6:57pm
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 10:30am
Here is #69 Video.

[LHTT #69_KOR Coach Lesson] Push & Topspin

https://youtu.be/eD8c_0eAExw

Edited by nicholasy - 12/31/2018 at 10:30am
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2019 at 5:57pm
Here is #70 Video.

[LHTT #70_CHN Coach Lessos] Always Starting with Basic Skills

https://youtu.be/ByqyrM09V90

Edited by nicholasy - 01/01/2019 at 5:57pm
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2019 at 6:59pm
I really enjoy watching your videos and seeing your improvements! 

Is it not difficult to have so many different coaches? i would think that they have different opinions on how the shots should be played. I also find it interesting that you often is in china? but comes from Korea. No good coaches in Korea?

I as a player and coach have also opinions on how people should play. I would think that you want some feedback since you are posting videos here. 

I think it looks good in the push and topspin video. I only think you could take the ball even earlier so it always bounce twice on the table and try to accelerate more when you open against backspin. In my opinion the opening against backspin should be with alot of acceleration from the forearm and more explosive compared to balls against topspin. I think you might put the balls in the net with your acceleration if there are more backspin in the ball. With more acceleration it will also be harder for the opponent to block the ball since it will be more spin in the ball. If you are using china rubber, then i think it is okay since you get help from the tackiness and do not need to accelerate as much. 

On the second video you look very safe! well done! 
But i do think that when you do the topspins you should try to close the angle of the racket more. By doing that you will come more over the ball and get more topspin in the ball. This will make it harder for the opponent to return the ball and your shot will be alot safer since spin makes the ball go down in an arch on the table. Now it seems like you are having an open angle and almost flat hitting the ball. You can hear on the sound when you are hitting the ball that the hit is pretty thick, flat. 

I also think that you maybe can try to use a little more wrist in the backhand and maybe have the elbow a little more in front of you and have it steady, so it becomes the axis from where you move the forearm and wrist.  I feel like you could brush the ball a little more, now it looks a little like you are pushing the ball forward. But you are very safe with the backhand and while the use of more wrist could give you more speed and spin it will proably not be as safe. 

Once again everyone have different opinions on have tabletennis should be played, so you could try my advice and see if it works for you if you think they sound reasonable. 

in summary i like that you seems to really enjoy playing, practice hard and seems to be a really nice guy. I aso think you have the right approach, that you play the right tempo so the ball goes over the net many times. By doing that you get to practice the shots many times, become crazy safe and unbeatable in no time. 

Good luck!

nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2019 at 8:14pm
Thanks, Lula,

I'd like to express my appreciation to you really.

I've started TT from 4 years ago,
and It was middle of 30s.

From that, I'd fallen with TT,
and I'm still in loving it.

Most of your advice, I can understand your comment,
I already listend it from several coaches.

As you mentioned, Coach's expression is a little bit different, but there's a common thing among the advices.

I have met with a lot of coaches,
But there's only one "My Main Coach" (Video #70)

I'd practiced with her for over 3 years,
and She teahced me all most of TT skills from the basic. (except F/Hand)

So I totally believe in her coaching.

But I only can meet her for 1 time per 2~3 monthes.
Because I live in S.Korea, But She lives in China.

Sometimes I can go to China for my biz trip or own vacation.

Instead of her, If I have a chance to meet the coach,
I'd asked "One Time Lesson" to them. and also asking their advices and enjoy the practice with them.

Ms.Park Miyoung and other coaches are training partners to me in fact. My Main Coach always recommended to me to play with various type of players, it is very helpful to me to understand the other type of TT and spins.

As I mentioned, even other coaches, After the practive, I alway asked their opinino for my weakness. Their Style and Expression are always different, but there's a common thing for my weakness.

It is really really my weakness, and need to be improved. but not easy, as you know.

My Main Coach said that my weakness is very easy to be found for F/Hand, Flat Hitting. She alwasy asks me the "More and More Spin" for F/Hand Topspin. I used the CHINA Rubber (DHS Huriicane 3) for more 3 years to F/Hand, but I gave up to my poor batting speed. I've changed it to Nittaku G-1. It makes the safety, but less spin, as you seen.

Recently, I regonized that I just escaped from TT beginner level, and into intermediate level. So I need to improve the F/Hand Topspin to go to upper level.

My Main Coach Said,

"If you can't make more spin for F/Hand Topspin, You can't go to upper level"

and My Friend of TT (David in Vietnam) Said,

"If you can't make more spin for F/Hand Topspin, You can't taste the upper level's interests of TT"

I fully agreed that. So I'm enjoying the practice. Also I know that it'll be taken time to be improved.

I hope that I have much time to TT,
but I have a full time job and family.

Even so, I'll try and try to overcome for my homework,
it's my big pleasure in my life.

Lula, If you have any chance to visit to S.Korea,
please let me know. As a friend of TT, I'd like to enjoy the TT with you for someday.

Thansk again.

Edited by nicholasy - 01/01/2019 at 8:15pm
Lula View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 10:38am
Thats impressive! I think you are playing well for only been playing 4 years. It is great that you are feeling that you are becoming better! 

I think you should try to focus on your strengths aswell, and try to practice more on those compared to the weakness and try to build the game around the strengths. Too many times we focus on the weakness to much i think. 

Try to close the angle of the racket and accelerate with the forearm to get spin. I think you mostly need to work on the angle, so you hit over the ball instead of at it.  If you do not fix this after practicing on it and have a naturally flat hit maybe you could try short pimple on your forehand. 

It is very difficult to play with short pimple on the forehand in the beginning but pretty fun when you learn. I have played that way in almost 10 years pretty successfully. There are some players in Sweden that play this way and play very good. Proably because the swede Mattias Falck(former Karlsson) have become good this way and we have coaches that know alot about equipment. He is now number 12 in the world. Do not be afraid of trying! I think i can help with the technique if you try. 

Thanks! Maybe someday, but it is a long way to S.Korea haha Smile
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 6:21pm
Lula, THanks again for your advice. Very helpful of your advice.
Let me think about it slowly for your advice.

Maybe Someday, We will enjoy the TT together. See u!
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 6:29pm
Here is #71 Video.

[LHTT #71_CHN Coach Lesson] Footwork Training

https://youtu.be/uYkf1AopUlY

Edited by nicholasy - 01/02/2019 at 6:30pm
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2019 at 5:59pm
Here is #72 Video.

[LHTT #72_CHN Coach Lesson] Forehand Flick Part 1

https://youtu.be/34T33HKI5GY

Edited by nicholasy - 01/03/2019 at 6:00pm
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2019 at 6:57pm
[LHTT #73_CHN Coach Lesson] Forehand Flick Part 2

https://youtu.be/vRXGVo6UjhQ

Edited by nicholasy - 01/04/2019 at 6:57pm
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 8:00am
Hey, thanks for the videos! I really enjoyed watching the last two videos. Please post more videos like that when you have the chance. I really enjoy watching videos like that where the coach explains and demonstrates one key feature at a time!

I look forward to your next videos :)
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2019 at 7:21pm
[LHTT #74_Etc] Vietnam TT Club's Practice Method

https://youtu.be/xHDkpJXxInc

Edited by nicholasy - 01/06/2019 at 7:22pm
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/07/2019 at 10:38am
[LHTT #75_Home Training] Tactics : BH Flick and BH Topspin

https://youtu.be/1t_ZfQKrGyc

Edited by nicholasy - 01/07/2019 at 10:39am
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2019 at 8:17pm
[LHTT #76_Etc] Gereral Practice of Offense & Defender

https://youtu.be/D1vWBZXnZqs

Edited by nicholasy - 01/09/2019 at 8:19pm
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/10/2019 at 10:23am
[LHTT #77_Match in CHN] Match Against CHN Coach without Edition

https://youtu.be/Adq_W40Ux8E
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2019 at 6:49am
[LHTT #78_CHN Coach Lesson] Flick & Muiti-ball Training by Random

https://youtu.be/ICPnLn2vh1Q

Edited by nicholasy - 01/27/2019 at 6:49am
mickd View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2019 at 8:36am
I love seeing people who can feed multiball well. It makes me want to practice feeding myself.

Your reactions to the random drill were pretty good. Quite consistent. Looking good. Your backhand does look a little too compact, like the coach seemed to have signaled a few times. Overall very nice!
nicholasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/29/2019 at 7:13am
[LHTT #80_CHN Coach Lesson] Forehand Topspin is still difficult

https://youtu.be/Cj8dYVSyNdw
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic