FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

List of what Professional Men use!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 26272829>
Author
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2009 at 12:18pm
I've watched the game between Fenerbahce- Fakel Fazproma Orenburg(ETTU Cup) and my seat was close to the table. I think Samsonov is not playing with an old mazunov. His blade was so thin, probably it was struss cb. And Smirnov was using a non wrb clipper with tenergy( Sounds like a tenergy 05 not 64) on his forehand. I dont know about his backhand side but Its not a tenergy for sure. There was a smooth yellow-cream sponge so probably boost series...
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Sponsored Links

icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2009 at 1:56pm
I've been thinking:

In the speed glue era, it made sense to copy pro equipment (you could just use less or no glue and have decent control).

In the post speed glue era, copy professional gear seems questionable, depending and preference of on the style of the professional.

I think it's interesting to figure out which pros go for extreme performance rubbers (the ones that require more "perfect" strokes to produce the best balls consistently) and which choose rubbers that are more forgiving.

But if TT is anything like lawn tennis, professionals seem to tend toward medium-fast gear (their strokes can generate the power) that has smaller sweetspots (the accuracy of their strokes generates the power). Someone else pointed out similar tendencies in golf (muscle back vs. hollow back clubs).

Certainly there are rubbers (i would guess - softer sponges, more forgiving) and blades (i would assume - carbon, larger sweet spots, faster) that will work for the rest of us who lack more perfect form and precision!
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
rui pedro81 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2009 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by DreiZ DreiZ wrote:

any pros use the Bty petr korbel still?
alot of players that used it seem to switched to korbel sk7, even korbel.
alot of women who used it did the same thing also.

i know at least 1 who still plays...
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2009 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by rui pedro81 rui pedro81 wrote:

WEll i know
Gionis Panatagonis still plays with korbel t05/long pips. but besides that idk who else.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 12:20am

WEll i know
Gionis Panatagonis still plays with korbel t05/long pips. but besides that idk who else.

Tiago Apolonia uses Korbel blade.
tristan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tristan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 4:12am
To my knowledge, Panagiotis Gionis plays now with BTY Primorac off-, red T05 and black Feint Long II. Not Korbel.
YinHe W-6 + Sriver + RITC 729 Fx Supersoft
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2009 at 3:04pm

WEll i know

if u dont care, why u asked? Confused
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2010 at 11:31pm
anyone knows waldner�s current blade and rubbers? thanks
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2010 at 6:12am
Originally posted by 7plywood 7plywood wrote:

WEll i know

wrong,it's a viscaria
chris.b40 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris.b40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2010 at 7:35am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

I've been thinking:

In the speed glue era, it made sense to copy pro equipment (you could just use less or no glue and have decent control).

In the post speed glue era, copy professional gear seems questionable, depending and preference of on the style of the professional.

I think it's interesting to figure out which pros go for extreme performance rubbers (the ones that require more "perfect" strokes to produce the best balls consistently) and which choose rubbers that are more forgiving.

But if TT is anything like lawn tennis, professionals seem to tend toward medium-fast gear (their strokes can generate the power) that has smaller sweetspots (the accuracy of their strokes generates the power). Someone else pointed out similar tendencies in golf (muscle back vs. hollow back clubs).

Certainly there are rubbers (i would guess - softer sponges, more forgiving) and blades (i would assume - carbon, larger sweet spots, faster) that will work for the rest of us who lack more perfect form and precision!

Fantastic point
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rui pedro81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2010 at 11:22am
Originally posted by timoboll89 timoboll89 wrote:

Originally posted by 7plywood 7plywood wrote:

WEll i know

wrong,it's a viscaria

nope, ur wrong Wink
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 6:43pm
If you guys look at TableTennisDaly's Hao Shuai v. RSM @ 2:41 you can see that Hao Shuai is using a Viscaria Light!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4jo3RyMF2U&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_stronger_r2-2r-6-HM
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
sebas-aguirre View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebas-aguirre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 6:56pm
I think I read somewhere that wang liqin is using nittaku ludeack?
walleyeguy7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 10:07pm
i heard he was using stiga offensive cr non wrb, but who knows
Anton Chigurh View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anton Chigurh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2010 at 10:17pm
Ha ha... I've been an adamant fan of WLQ for about two years now. In all his videos, the color of the face of his blade keeps changing, but in the last few years the handle is always Hurricane King. LOL... He's just a walking billboard for DHS anymore, it seems. They need him to sell their $160 blade, regardless of whether he's ever even used it. LOL
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2010 at 12:11am
HK does not have red plies.
corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2010 at 1:05pm
What about Wang Hao's equipment at the moment :) ?
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2010 at 6:12pm
I believe Timo Boll's setup is TSB with Tenergy 05 on both sides now.
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2010 at 6:15pm
I know Xu Xin is using Stiga Nano OC with Neo H3 on the forehand. Anyone knows his bh setup?
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2010 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by simon_xuan simon_xuan wrote:

I know Xu Xin is using Stiga Nano OC with Neo H3 on the forehand. Anyone knows his bh setup?

it had a big butterfly logo
corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 12:58pm
Doesn't the chinese nationals (so every nationals) use equipment specially made for them, different from the products that are sold on the internet (even the national editions)? Then what the pros are using, actually doesn't matter because we can't play with the same special made equipment?
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by corsuse corsuse wrote:

Doesn't the chinese nationals (so every nationals) use equipment specially made for them, different from the products that are sold on the internet (even the national editions)? Then what the pros are using, actually doesn't matter because we can't play with the same special made equipment?

LOL nice of you to copy and paste what you said in the zang jike/wang hao thread....

people will always want to try what the pro's use b/c it makes them feel powerful.
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

corsuse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corsuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 1:20pm
I copied it about it fits this thread and is important. Yes it makes them feel powerful but the pros are using completely different equipment, I consider, only the brands and the visual view is the same IMO.
FireHorse View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireHorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 3:06pm
I have some questions:

1.  Who is Ma Long's major sponsor?  I think he now uses Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit but I don't think he's sponsored by Butterfly.

2.  Who is Wang Liqin's major sponsor?  Nittaku or DHS?  Nittaku has a blade named after Wang Liqin too but I don't think he's using that one.  Is that one close to DHS King that he's currently using?  Probably not the quality but hopefully the same feel and power?

I might come up to more questions but that's all I have for now.

FireHorse
Current Setup:
Butterfly Primorac Carbon
FH: Andro Rassant Grip
BH: Andro Rassant PowerGrip

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walleyeguy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2010 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by FireHorse FireHorse wrote:

I have some questions:

1.  Who is Ma Long's major sponsor?  I think he now uses Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit but I don't think he's sponsored by Butterfly.

2.  Who is Wang Liqin's major sponsor?  Nittaku or DHS?  Nittaku has a blade named after Wang Liqin too but I don't think he's using that one.  Is that one close to DHS King that he's currently using?  Probably not the quality but hopefully the same feel and power?

I might come up to more questions but that's all I have for now.

FireHorse

ma long has used tbs+h3+t64 for a long long time now but his sponsor is the sponsor of the national team, which is dhs, and i believe stiga, along with many others im sure. wang liqin's major sponsor is certainly dhs, although im sure theres a ton of other stuff with his name and picture plastered on it.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2010 at 2:10am
This thread need to be stickied and also needs some organizing instead of casual discussion.

Moderators could you help?
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
Kaoendry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaoendry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2010 at 10:23pm
I was watching some videos on dttl , anyone know why Timo is using red rubber on his FH?

He changed his rubbers? Kishikawa now uses red rubber on his FH too, in smash he change to black side to smash.

Thaidog View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaidog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2010 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

This thread need to be stickied and also needs some organizing instead of casual discussion.

Moderators could you help?

+1
Timo ALC FL

Tibhar Grip S MAx

Tenergy 64 FX National 2.1mm

He never boosts... of course he never had to...
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2010 at 5:50am
I love forums, but I agree there needs to be somebody to organise the information slightly atleast to make it usable. 10 pages and we have no list?
Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2011 at 8:28pm
JAPAN TOP 16 PLAYERS EQUIPMENT LIST

These are the top 16 players of Japan based on the results of the All Japan Championships. Their equipment is published in the fourth issue of Takkyu Oukoku every year. Here is the the men's list, I will post the women's in a subsequent post. 

Jun Mizutani (JPN)
Bl: Mizutani Jun (ST)
F: Tenergy 64
B: Tenergy 64

Kazuhiro Chan (JPN)
R; Nittaku Custom (ST)
F; Renanos Hold 
B; Hammon Pro Beta

Taku Takakiwa (JPN)
R; Butterfly Custom (FL)
F; Tenergy 05
B; Tenergy 05-FX

Kaii Yoshida (JPN)
R; Butterfly Yoshida Kaii (CS)
F; Tenergy 64

Kenji Matsudaira (JPN)
R; Butterfly SK7 (ST)
F; Tenergy 05
B; Tenergy 64

Hiromitsu Kasahara (JPN)
R; Butterfly Custom (AN)
F; Tenergy 05 
B; Tenergy 64

Seiya Kishikawa (JPN)
R; Butterfly Michael Maze (ST)
F; Tenergy 05
B; Tenergy 64

Koki Niwa (JPN)
R; Butterfly Innerforce ZLC (FL)
F; Tenergy 05
B; Tenergy 05-FX

Ryusuke Karube (JPN)
R; Joola Viva (ST)
F; Express One
B; Express One

Yuichi Tokiyoshi (JPN)
R; Nittaku Barwell (ST)
F; Fastarc G-1
B; Fastarc G-1

Kenta Matsudaira (JPN)
R; Timo Boll ALC (FL)
F; Tenergy 64
B; Tenergy 05

Ryusuke Sakamoto (JPN)
R; Custom Butterfly (ST)
F; Tenergy 05
B; Tenergy 05

Kan Yo (JPN)
R; Stiga Clipper CR WRB (CS)
F; DHS Hurricane III Neo 
B; Butterfly Bryce FX

Takanori Shimoyama (JPN)
R; Timo Boll Spirit (ST)
F; Tenergy 64 
B; TSP Spectol

Kunihito Tasei (JPN)
R; Butterfly Hinoki Pen Neutrino-R (JP)
F; Raystorm

Kohei Morimoto (JPN)
R; Innerforce ZLF (FL)
F; Tenergy 05
B; Tenergy 64

I know a lot of people here hate butterfly, and they still have a good stranglehold on the men's market, but as you will see in my post about the women, most of them have dropped Butterfly from their setups. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 26272829>
  Share Topic