Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

looping underspin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looping underspin
    Posted: 02/06/2006 at 11:25pm
I don't know if it my technique or my rubbers or topsheet......I can loop topspin and no spin very good but underspin I am having a very hard time........my racket is donic doted AR and I have tried mark V 2.0 and tackfire special soft 2.1 and both of the topsheets and rubbers are pretty soft........I did try a GEWO thunderball as well once and it seemed a bit better and the rubber and topsheet seems firmer than the other 2 rubbers..........I am starting to think it maybe the dwell time on the softer rubbers and topsheets.....any help appreciated
Sponsored Links

7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2006 at 11:51pm
probably technique, looping topspin and no spin is relatively easy compared to looping bottom spin. heck, i still think relooping is easier then looping bottom spin
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 12:05am
am also thinking it may be my contact point on the ball........I seem to be looping backspin above the center of the ball and maybe I should be contacting the ball a little lower and lifting up a bit with my stroke
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 12:13am
it depends, i usually loop bottom spin from above the center too, it lets you 'wrap' around the ball more and make it faster and spinnier, but sacrifices some control and needs mroe practice. really tires you out though, need such fast hand movement, can't borrow the speed and spin from your opponent's shot...
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 3:13am
It depends on what is happening when you loop the backspin, if you are hitting the ball into the net you need to open your racket face more and hit upward more.  If you are hitting it off the table do the reverse close the face more and swing more forward or level towards the net.  It will take some trial and error to find the correct angle of swing and racket face, but if you can loop no spin you are on your way.  At least you can tell the difference between the spins you are looping which is half the job.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 3:16am
Dont forget to bend your knees then drive up to the ball as you need to be quicker than for nospin and topspin.  I mean at the point of cantact.  I hope I explained it.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
deeptish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deeptish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 3:27am
The swing should be up up and up depending upon the amount of backspin on the ball. If you catch the ball of the bounce or at top of bounce you have to do it with less upward motion. If you are taking the ball on the ball brush it below centre and up, you should generate much more racket speed. to get good speed try to bend both at your knees and back and try to bring your head close to the ball. that does for me.
Backhand: TSP Spectrol RED
Forehand: Sriver FX Black MAX ;
Butterfly Joneyer-H fL
Mushin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mushin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 3:28am
Yah... you need to use your body alot. Also... try hitting a top side spin loops.y hitting the side top spin it puts less strain on lifting the ball because you arent actually making full contact with the underspin but slight hitting the ball off centre.
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra 3D (penhold)
FH: Yasaka New Era 2.2
BH: LKT XT Pro 2.2
ttnooblar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttnooblar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 3:28am
use your waist and legs more, hit "through" the ball more if you want to do a fast loop off backspin. if you want to do a slow spinny one then brush the ball more instead.
BTY Michael Maze (Flared)
Donic F2 2.0mm (FH)
Donic F2 2.0mm (BH)
indy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 4:49am
The multiball training session will help you to improve that stroke and tecnic....
mike the best
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 8:36am
Looping underspin requires lots of training AND *really* fast muscles. At the beginning you train to loop against pushes without much backspin. Then you start to train against heavy pushes and the last thing will be training forever against good choppers with a super hard chop. The last step requires maximum handspeed = maximum power while being totally relaxed. It also require excellent timing and a very good eye for the curve of the incoming ball. To loop consistently with enough speed against a very good chopper takes many *years* of training and success won't be guaranteed here because it severely depends on you genetic material (=quality of muscles can only be trained up to a certain point --> you need to be naturally strong to become really good at looping against super hard chop). Soft fast rubbers make life easier and especially tensor rubbers or fresh glueing.
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 9:43am
its the stroke that matters the most. one big mistake people make is they start learning looping by looping topspin. thats a big nono. while looping topspin is easier, its more for pros or when you've mastered other looping technics. For beginners, when its topspin, why loop? just smash the damn ball. If a beginner learns looping topspin first, it will be hard for them to change the stroke when it comes to looping downspin. they will still bring the paddle to the shoulder level, while looping downspin the paddle must end at least at the forehead level, or higher.

thats why they say, sometimes you have to start with the hard stuff first because once you are good with the hard stuff the easy ones comes naturaly to you, but if you start with easy stuff and get too convenient with it, you will not learn the hard stuff.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
Gaute View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 9:46am
Looping underspin? Is that possible?
Blade: Avalox
Rubbers:Donic desto F3 Big slam (both sides)

I have stopped gluening now, I play as good without. Donic desto F3 Big slam gives klick anyways...
ZoranV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZoranV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2006 at 10:05am
Originally posted by alfie alfie wrote:

am also thinking it may be my contact point on the ball........I seem to be looping backspin above the center of the ball and maybe I should be contacting the ball a little lower and lifting up a bit
...AND PULL BACKWARD A BIT DURING LOOPING!
34 blades 78 rubbers all active...http://mytabletennis.net/forum/uploads/File/ZORAN8.xls
tabl10s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabl10s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2006 at 7:47pm
Since looping chop is being discussed, does anyone do an inside out loop against chop?
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2006 at 11:40pm
I started getting a few in tonight and yes it was my technique.....my normal loop with topspin I just go forward and slightly up so I had a practice for 1/2 hour with a guy I was choping to him and he tried looping it and he did not get one......the chops were pretty spinney though but I watched his stroke and it was the same as he looped topspin.......anyway he then chopped to me and I changed my technique and started the loop from my knees or my anckles and ended up nead my head and I got a few on..........I could tell I was getting a better stroke......in the past I have been sending them all to the net....there is about 3 times as much energy generated to loop backspin than topspin it was quite a workout.....thanks guys much appreciated  
dantt88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantt88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2006 at 4:47pm
looping underspins not hard once you get the hang of it, the main things are using your body, and timing, since underspin is usually alot slower you move your body down, as the ball comes, then you hit the ball right before it starts to fall, after the bounce, your body moves up and forward, always a combanation of the two, but it varies with the amount of spin, also always make sure that your movement down, is slow and relaxed, and forward needs alot of power and momentum
Me40_Pyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Me40_Pyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2006 at 5:36pm

Originally posted by Gaute Gaute wrote:

Was this some kind of a joke i didnt get?....

Stiga Tube Carbo st
Sriver FX Max on fh
Sriver EL Max on bh
ADDICTED TO GLUE !
hristo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hristo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2006 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Me40_Pyx Me40_Pyx wrote:

Originally posted by Gaute Gaute wrote:

Was this some kind of a joke i didnt get?....

Me4o don't be angry at the beginers:)

p.s. koga 6e igraem:PPP

GantZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GantZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2006 at 7:29pm

Hmmm.... I think Gaute is most likely joking but, if he were confused about "looping underspin", it would probably have to do with its context.  Looping AGAINST underspin versus Looping and creating an underspin.  Hopefully everyone here is talking about looping against underspin.

AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2006 at 8:40pm
looping backspin was impossible when i started, and now it is still hard for me
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
Gaute View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2006 at 2:18am
Yeah, I thought it was looping with unerspin instead of looping with topspin.. But i understand it now...

I have stopped gluening now, I play as good without. Donic desto F3 Big slam gives klick anyways...
Me40_Pyx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Me40_Pyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2006 at 3:03am

Ok,sorry for the reaction,i agree it was a bit too ironic....

P.S. @ hristo mi az sega si se pribiram za mesec v bg ama 6e si buda  samo vuv varna :P

Stiga Tube Carbo st
Sriver FX Max on fh
Sriver EL Max on bh
ADDICTED TO GLUE !
Gaute View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2006 at 7:54am
I feel very stupid, but my english is not so well, so i guess I have a good reason

zerowings007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zerowings007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2006 at 12:32pm
some people told me to loop the underspin by leting the ball drop and drop, the ball underspin is at its minumum. the easy way is to use the legs to get down low and add power to the shot.
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2006 at 4:06am
This is an old rumour. The rotation doesn't decrease considerably within those extra seconds. Look at a spinny ball when it bounces on the floor, accelerates and rolls back to the chopper ... It's actually better to take the ball when it's still on the rise before its highest point. This way you can play *much* more aggressive loops but your handspeed needs to be fast enough. If you want to play a less aggressive loop - a security shot or a spin only loop - it's a good idea to take the ball after its highest point on the way down.
Just Do It View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Do It Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2006 at 2:34pm

I seem to have more of a problem trying to slam a high underspin loop, would it be better if i loop it back and go on the defensive?

[email protected]
Just Do It!
chin_penholder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chin_penholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2006 at 7:18pm

I seem to have more of a problem trying to slam a high underspin loop, would it be better if i loop it back and go on the defensive?

even if the ball has underspin, i still find it easy to just slam, or kill... i guess it depends on how high the ball is... but as a pen player i think it is always better to attack then go on the defensive...

louison12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote louison12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2006 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Just Do It Just Do It wrote:

Maybe this is repeating the confusion above, but what is an underspin loop?  Do you mean a loop someone hit against your underspin?

Gaute View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2006 at 5:06pm
Yes...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic