Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Ma Long, Tokyo Olympics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Will CNT select ML to play singles in 2020 Olympics?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
22 [73.33%]
8 [26.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ma Long, Tokyo Olympics
    Posted: 12/03/2019 at 12:49am
So many forummers are debating whether Ma Long will play singles in 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
It is not up to Ma Long, it is CNT's decision to make.

Let's do a poll. If you also want to make a comment, please feel free to do so.
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 1:03am
If he is healthy he will play that's for sure.  

Ma Long and Fan Z. Are the ultimate choices.  
Else is just plan B. 

Xiom Feel AX ST

BTF T80 FX

BTF T80 FX

jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 1:17am
can you give me a third option ?
● who gives a s**t except Chinese fans. 

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 1:19am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

People who like table tennis.
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

people who like table tennis are sick of China's nomination of the sport, so I don't think they care who China are going to send to the Olympics 
vik2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 1:43am

people who like table tennis are sick of China's nomination of the sport, so I don't think they care who China are going to send to the Olympics 

Why don't you turn around and get the f**k out of the forum? 

On a serious note, I think ML will likely be selected unless his injury resurfaces and impacts his performance. I'd love to see XX play though and he seems to have the best chance at beating LYJ and HT who China deems a serious threat. 
zoomersriseup View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoomersriseup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 2:23am

*post about whether or not Messi will retire after 2020, aimed at a bunch of people who obviously love to watch Messi play and think he's the greatest current player* can you give me a third option? wHo gIvEs a sHiT exCePT bArCeLoNa aNd aRgEnTiNa fans - literally you right now, but in this case swap Messi and Barcelona with Ma Long and Chinese fans (what? you can't like Ma Long if you don't live in China or support non-Chinese players and also want them to do well and maybe cheer when they beat Ma Long? MIND ASPLODE!!!!!!!!)

having a very normal one on the forums 

Edited by zoomersriseup - 12/03/2019 at 2:26am
nostalgia is bad and all of your sentiments are fake
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 2:26am
Could someone explain if there are some strategic reasons for the CNT to not choose Ma Long 'if' he continues to need a lot of recovery and is unable to attend very many tournaments (and rack up ranking points) even though he may be healthy enough next year?

It seems for 2016, the CNT player announcement for Olympics was around May....and the Olympic seeding was based on the rankings from July or August 2016.  At that time Ma Long was 1 and ZJK was 4.  But the CNT had the top 4 locked up.  (Ovtcharov was ranked 5th)

"If" Ma Long's ranking falls under 2 non-CNT in ranking and they choose FZD and Ma Long then they would be on the 'same half' and play before the gold metal match.

Obviously everything rides on Ma Long's health but would the CNT risk Ma Long taking too much rest and his ranking falling below Harimoto/Hugo/Timo/Flack/LYJ ?

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 4:45am
I think they should do some trials for who's going to play in the Olympics...
clipper CR - mx-p max fh - jp03 2.0 bh (dec 2019) - 2015 video
reflecx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reflecx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 6:33am
Originally posted by DarkerMyLove DarkerMyLove wrote:

"If" Ma Long's ranking falls under 2 non-CNT in ranking and they choose FZD and Ma Long then they would be on the 'same half' and play before the gold metal match.

Players from the same country would be put in different halves of the draw, you can check the 2016 draw.
DarkerMyLove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarkerMyLove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 6:47am
[/QUOTE]

Players from the same country would be put in different halves of the draw, you can check the 2016 draw.
[/QUOTE]

Many thanks, I didn't know about that rule.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 7:15am
It seems the nore confident they are in Fan, the more likely they are to send ML to play the other singles.  I guess XX wpuld be the other choice.  If ML is reasonably healthy I guess he will play, as world champ.

Maybe nore interesting question is if ML abd XX are both unable to play (which I def hope does NOT happen) then who would CNT send next for MS?  Winner of marvelous 12? Or LGY as most experienced?  I think we can rulw out WCQ after his temper tantrum.  
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 7:38am
I´d like CNT sending Ma Long and XX to play singles.
XX has NEVER lost to any of the kids, he is by far the most dominant player against them.
And Ma should go if he is healthy six months from now. I believe he will be.
One may argue "and FZ?" Ok, he is #1 but still young and will certainly have more chances to play singles in Olympic games. For XX and Ma it´s the last time.
fmarek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fmarek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 8:35am
I think CNT will send ZJK to do some singing and maybe even couple matches LOL
Stiga Celero, FH: 729 08-ES H47, BH: Yinhe Jupiter 2, H38
Yinhe Kiso 5ply, FH: 729 08-ES H47, BH: Hurricane 3 Commercial H39
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 8:48am
If the Olympics started today Ma Long would not be able to make it to the final . He is not in good enough shape  with his injuries . Harimoto and LYJ easily beat him this week  So If they choose Ma Long they would have everything riding on one player (FZD). FZD  and XX are the best choice right now but things can change before the olympic.
Kenta ALC T05H/T05
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 9:50am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

If the Olympics started today Ma Long would not be able to make it to the final . He is not in good enough shape  with his injuries . Harimoto and LYJ easily beat him this week  So If they choose Ma Long they would have everything riding on one player (FZD). FZD  and XX are the best choice right now but things can change before the olympic.

XX can beat lin and HT but can lose to a lesser player like gauzy or koreans
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 10:01am
RankingPreviousNameAssoc.Ranking Pts.
12XU XinCHN16600
21FAN ZhendongCHN16150
34MA LongCHN15285
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 10:48am

JW, showing your redneck self again?  keep up the good work
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

JW, showing your redneck self again?  keep up the good work

Must be very sad to play a sport dominated by a country you hate and0 watching your beloved country being owned but there s volley , chess

What will be pongpin2323 thinking?
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 1:03pm
Beer pong should be an Olympic sport to give some countries a better chance of medals.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 1:23pm
"Must be very sad to play a sport dominated by a country you hate and0 watching your beloved country being owned but there s volley , chess..."

You don't know they hate China. You are making a big assumption there.

I can also make an assumption. I find that I am a bit bitter that the country I live in does not invest enough into TT, and that really limits the number of players of high quality that can compete internationally and possibly even threaten the chinese players. 
Nothing to do with hating China. Only somebody with a persecution complex would think its about hating china. 
I love watching and LEARNING from the chinese players. 
They are awesome!

FdT

Edited by Fulanodetal - 12/03/2019 at 1:24pm
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

"Must be very sad to play a sport dominated by a country you hate and0 watching your beloved country being owned but there s volley , chess..."

I can also make an assumption. I find that I am a bit bitter that the country I live in does not invest enough into TT, and that really limits the number of players of high quality that can compete internationally and possibly even threaten the chinese players. 
Nothing to do with hating China. Only somebody with a persecution complex would think its about hating china. 
They are awesome!

FdT
kind of obvious - he is talking about JW and others like Ignor 
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

They are awesome!

FdT

Any coment from JW is about fixing matches  illegal serves or any negative coment about china. If you have the time read his coments
And igor always bitching bout boosters or special oils special rubbers  special balls used by CNT and how japanese will make a hell defeating CNT
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 2:28pm
sounds like JW is just bitter and does not reflect the opinion of many many others here. He's cherry picking too. He should back up his accusations with some evidence.

As for Igor....he's in his own little world. I just read his comments and laugh. He's good entertainment.

FdT
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 2:39pm
igor is fun, a true caricature, I can't help but liking him; and some of his stuff carries deep passion for the game; not pathological; just deeeeeep! Big smile

JW is never so angry inside like in this thread, he is with ma long hand in hand here, just having a bad day, no biggie.
tom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

igor is fun, a true caricature, I can't help but liking him; and some of his stuff carries deep passion for the game; not pathological; just deeeeeep! Big smile

JW is never so angry inside like in this thread, he is with ma long hand in hand here, just having a bad day, no biggie.
I just ignor igor, not worth it to find out if he has any real info.  JW is entertaining most of the time .
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 3:49pm
It’s time for ML to switch his BH rubber to Dignics 05 now, then he will be fine for the Olympics. 
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

It’s time for ML to switch his BH rubber to Dignics 05 now, then he will be fine for the Olympics. 

And play with zhangjike SZLC...?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by chongqinghotpot chongqinghotpot wrote:

I am happy to interpret this as some of the most brilliant sarcasm of the last week.
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2019 at 6:19pm
not allowing country's #1 ranked player to participate would send the wrong message on many levels. either Fan Zhendong is not going or the poll is wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic