Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need Help on feeling the ball

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Help on feeling the ball
    Posted: 02/27/2019 at 9:11am
Hi All.

About a month ago I restarted playing after some 5/6 year hiatus, but Im having some problems.

I dont know if its the ball change or the overall difference in the newer materials, but Im having a hard time adjusting angles and being consistent. I know im coming from a long period without training but I dont think its a matter of technique because I do had a good base on my strokes the I bring with me since childhood, where I trained in a Top club.

I started using a Xiom Ignito (thin hinoki carbon) but soon changed to a Avalox P700. The rubbers were the same: Vega pro FH / Bluefire jp01 turbo BH. 
I do have some blades stored that Im able to try (viscaria black tag, TBS, TSP Swat, TSP hino carbon, Stiga Clipper)

What Im missing the most its the feelling. I used to play a glued Sriver EL. I dont think I nedd a faster combo, i can generate enough speed from my strokes but I need consistency and a more forgiving setup as for angles. 

Already ordered A rozena to try. What else should I try? Slower Blade?

Thanks
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
Sponsored Links

darucla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darucla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 9:38am
Try going with a non-Tensor type rubber.  eg. Xiom Musa. Yasaka MkV or almost any cheap Chinese, although any tacky rubber may feel dead (but isn't after practice).
pingpungpeng View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpungpeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 9:46am
If u used to speed glue the only way to get that feeling is with booster.
Or... Keep on speed gluing.
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 8:30am
I already tried classic rubbers (tsp X's) but without glue they are pretty much pointless at certain level, felt dead and hollow.

Im kind of happy with vega Pro the feeling it gives me, as for BJP01 i find it too sensitive to angle changes to the point that  Im avoid using my backhand, which is my strongest weapon.

Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
serr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 4:04pm
Avalox p700 + VP is an excellent combination! I don't think changing to rozena will affect your play a lot. If you don't feel confident with your setup you can change your blade to something slower (bty primorac, xiom allround, anything) but I'd recommend staying with your current setup.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 4:17pm
I've never played the Avalox P700, but Xiom Strato, Ignito, and Axelo I've tried that line. They are good blades, but I'm pretty sure they use carbon similar to Butterfly's T5000. I recently purchased a handmade Hinoki T5000 blade and I remember a similar feeling on Strato. T5000 type carbon gives it quite a hard feel and a direct trajectory with less arch. Great for smashing and hitting, but not the best looping blades. Hinoki ALC is a much better combination to get the feeling that you are looking for. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/28/2019 at 4:18pm
Hi BD,

Your Avalox blade is fine. You need rubbers that give you some of that good old speed-glue feeling back. I would recommend that you try out Andro Hexer Grip or Andro Hexer Powergrip. Of the rubbers that I have tested, they provide the most speed-glue like feeling from times past.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic