Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New blade, mizutani or tb ALC/ZLC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New blade, mizutani or tb ALC/ZLC
    Posted: 04/20/2019 at 6:34pm
I currently have a little bit of a "problem". I play with a Jun Mizutani ZLC (Old version) and I really like the feeling of this blade.... But it's battle worn and will need to be replaced soon(I had an oups and banged it in the table). 

What I like about the JM: the "crisp" touch in the short game, the vibration is "just perfect", the handle that lays "just right" and the wings that are really nice. To compare, I also have a viscaria, and it doesn't feel as crisp and I lack the "feeling" that the JM has... it feels "muted" and the handle and wings don't feel as good as the JM.

So to my question: Should I just "cash out" and buy a new JM? Or will a cheaper BOLL ALC/ZLC give me a similar feeling as my JM gives me?
stiltt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 8:08pm
Ask a repairman to fix the edges of your blade with epoxy so you can continue playing it. I know exactly where you are, it is a unique feel and the way it hits and loops equally brilliantly makes it to me the best composite blade of all time with the Vega Pro, I had 5 or 6 over the years, all old models. I have a SZLC at the moment and it's over powered here, too stiff and muted there, it certainly does not match that aggressive and precise throw the regular MJ offers. I never tried the new regular MJ, you should.

I am super happy with the Xiom Vega Pro blade, it's a little slower but it plays the same kind of game, it's the closest we can find from the MJ outsde thr Butterfly world. The plus with the XVP  is that it can be found at 85g and under unlike the MJ that's always in the 87-92 range. You will not be deceived.

I recommend achoomai's shops, they have banners right above the For Sale section:

Another solution is to give a try to Achoomai's ZLC blade, you will find it close enough to the original MJ, it really is a steal and matches the MJ in quality of play, give it a try. I have 2 for sale (85,86g) because I am settled with the 2 Vega Pro 73 & 74g that I found. If you want to buy shipping both ways and send it back to me, I can send you one to test: no obligation whatsoever, I just want to promote quality. PM for details.

Edited by fatt - 04/20/2019 at 8:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic