Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New discovery ... ( at least for me la )

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
idchong3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote idchong3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New discovery ... ( at least for me la )
    Posted: 07/11/2006 at 11:54am

Yesterday by chance i hit a very spinny and extraordinary fast loop towards my practice partner... both of us stunned as we can feel the ball super spinny and bounces off the table in a split second (like having speed glue effect) and then i kept on practice on that ... with the waist turning forward and small arm upwards, after brushing the ball i end the stroke by closing the bat a bit more and forward brush again the upper part of the ball... wow... the speed of the ball traveled after the bounce was very fast... you have to hit thru the ball when brushing...

Just my one cent....

I am using H3 province version ( forehand ) and tackifire C ( backhand ) with Optimum plus .. not a very fast combination though... :p

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Forehand- Stiga Almana
Backhand- Palio CJ 8000
Sponsored Links

O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 2:47pm
yes, I know la.  That is a fast version of loop applied with some foward motion which is very useful to finish the game.  Most people are afraid to use this because they think is not as consistent but that is an actual stroke which attackers or loopers need to learn.  Looping is not a finishing move so you must think of a way to make your loops offensive.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 2:54pm
This is a stroke that can be played with chinese rubbers but is not easy to do with others.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
Zmeflyby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zmeflyby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 11:29pm
i love returning top spins, the faster the better.
Blades:
KLS and KL
Rubbers:
Sriver 2.1 FH
Sriver 2.1 EL BH

Trackfire special 2.1 FH
Trackfire special 2.1 BH
mcuba View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2006 at 11:42pm
reading d title of d topic i knew it came from a malaysian... that is what we call topspin stroke. euro/jap n chinese rubber can do that alike.if u r countering on coming topspin ball too, lift up ur elbow a bit win d same close recquet n foward movement.
            ~
            evolving tters
pantaibatu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pantaibatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 12:00am
kuantan open la..

15-16 ogos..

mari ramai2..

:)

kazan fl+dhs 651+bty tackiness d
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2006 at 7:43am
This is known as a loop drive, spin then hit. Been around for quite a while, penholders stumbled on it after switching to inverted from pips out (the urge to hit the ball always remains). Just involves a lot of powering through the ball whilst the blade is doing a topspin.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
Nasilemak View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasilemak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/25/2006 at 4:30am

lol obviously malaysian lor.

hey any1 know where u can play in Kuching or singapore ? i need some good players to train with or a club will be fine.

Blade - Yasaka Gatien
Rubbers- Hurricane III Provincial Sheet (forehand)
Stiga Magna ( bh)

Glue - stiga energy on magna,
special glue on hurricane
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic