FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

New: Stiga Cybershape Wood ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New: Stiga Cybershape Wood ?
    Posted: 11/30/2022 at 12:16am
Is this on anyone's radar, or not so much? 

Edited by stiltt - 12/02/2022 at 5:50am
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2022 at 7:55am
5 ply allwood. they still have another product being released next week. waiting for these new items to come in 3 weeks time. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2022 at 10:25am
Does anyone know the construction? If it's an all-round classic type I'll probably end up getting one eventually. Had a custom made Violin clone in this shape and really liked how it played.
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2022 at 10:34am
For a 5 ply all wood blade it looks a bit overpriced at 120EUR, don't you think? It doesn't seem to have any "exotic" wood in it either. It's at least double the price it should be at.
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2022 at 12:52pm
I got into a really bad accident July of this year 

Made the transition to the Cybershape carbon

I’ve played with a lot of blades, and idk man, this shape feels too good 
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2022 at 11:00pm
Is the original cybershape considered an inner carbon equivalent?

Was about to pull the trigger on the carbon version, might wait for some reviews of the new wood version, although i suspect the former will be a touch too fast and the latter too slow?

Have razka PO on the FH, and i do genuinely hate blades like korbel now (been using acoustic inner carbon LG for yrs and no reason to chance outside something disruptive like a cybershape) - the linear nature and excessive feedback of such a blade is disconcerting once you adapt to a level of bounciness/easy power.

Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2022 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

For a 5 ply all wood blade it looks a bit overpriced at 120EUR, don't you think? It doesn't seem to have any "exotic" wood in it either. It's at least double the price it should be at.

Very true about it being double the price it should be... Still, tempting to say the least.
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2022 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Basquests Basquests wrote:

Is the original cybershape considered an inner carbon equivalent?

Was about to pull the trigger on the carbon version, might wait for some reviews of the new wood version, although i suspect the former will be a touch too fast and the latter too slow?

Have razka PO on the FH, and i do genuinely hate blades like korbel now (been using acoustic inner carbon LG for yrs and no reason to chance outside something disruptive like a cybershape) - the linear nature and excessive feedback of such a blade is disconcerting once you adapt to a level of bounciness/easy power.

Cybershape carbon is quite fast - even faster than Viscaria imo. Cybershape seems to be really good for hitting but unfortunately that's not my game 

Edited by blahness - 12/01/2022 at 9:35pm
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
aerial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2022 at 4:51pm
I'm interested in how that customizable cwt weight in the handle works

it doesn't look like there are threads, how does it stay in place on the bottom of the handle i wonder...? magnet?
Zwill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zwill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2022 at 8:21am
By the looks of the product video on youtube there's a small magnet on it. Or that little nipple on the weight seems to be a magnet.
Joola Zhou Qihao S-ALC 90
Mizuno Q Quality max
Mizuno Q Quality max
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2022 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Zwill Zwill wrote:

By the looks of the product video on youtube there's a small magnet on it. Or that little nipple on the weight seems to be a magnet.
According to https://www.stigasports.com/product/cybershape-wood-cwt , there is a magnet inside the blade.  But has this magnet been tested to withstand Truls throwing the blade into the ground?  It could take someone's eye out LOL .
kakapo View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2022 at 9:12am
Don't forget another thing with those cyber shape  blades...Once you have put rubbers on it, those rubbers won't fit a "normal" shape blade anymore....
If those rubbers are new, it means you spent at least 100 EUR or USD for nothing.

Just my opinion because I see there are so many of those cyber shape blades quickly for sale on ebay and on different forums...which makes me think those blades have dissapointed so many people...or those people are not able to use them in the optimum way.
Def play grey grip 94gr, Venus 2 blue 2,2, Neubauer KO extreme 1,3mm
mon22 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2022 at 9:41am

Cyber shape compared to 159x152
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
merlin el mago View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin el mago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2022 at 10:05am
a lot of people believe that material wins the matches...😈 

Edited by merlin el mago - 12/09/2022 at 10:05am
No more political prisoners in Catalonia.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2022 at 10:26am
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

Cyber shape compared to 159x152
i guess rubbers could be reused after being used on a Cybershape but it just looks even more odd than rubber that shrunk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic