Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/19/2018
Location: Southam
Status: Offline
Points: 807
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

[It is meant to be boosted - just like the Hurricane for China National Team members. I've tried both Hurricane for CNT and Tenergy for National players - it's hard because it is not boosted (if you ask how - here's how: I went to China to visit my coach and he took me to meet some China Team members and they let me try their rubbers). 

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Those Tenergy we buy from Butterfly are already factory-boosted. I suppose the T05H is a copy of National rubber line - not sure because I still haven't tried it. One thing I dislike about Tenergy is they break pretty easy - oh and pricey too.]</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Very good.  Thanks for the contribution.  There are many interesting implications and speculations derived from your fine post.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
[It is meant to be boosted - just like the Hurricane for China National Team members.]
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Is this the first "meant to be boosted" rubber from Butterfly?</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">We may be confident that "boosting" will not be explicitly stated by Butterfly in the official directions for handling the rubber.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Is there an implication that Butterfly is targeting two types of players for the customer base: 1) Those that like the hard feeling and performance qualities of the rubber out of the package, and 2) The booster crowd?</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">[</span>I've tried both Hurricane for CNT and Tenergy for National players - it's hard because it is not boosted]

[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]What is the thought captured here: Does that the Chinese National Team boost the non-boosted Tenergy, or do they use the boosted Tenergy right out of the package?</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"][</span][/COLOR]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I suppose the T05H is a copy of National rubber line]</span>
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]Supposed here is that the Chinese National Team Tenergy 05 uses a different Tenergy sponge than the commercially available Tenergy 05.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]From this information, we may conclude that Tenergy 05 Hard is the first opportunity for the general playing public to have access to the Chinese National Team Tenergy, paralleling the purported available National version of Hurricane.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"][</span][/COLOR]it's hard because it is not boosted]

[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]Two manufacturing options seem possible here: 1) The Tenergy 05 Hard sponge is the same sponge as the Tenergy 05, just not boosted, and 2) The Tenergy 05 Hard sponge is a materially-distinct sponge from the Tenergy 05 sponge.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"][</span][/COLOR]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">One thing I dislike about Tenergy is they break pretty easy]</span>
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]When you use the term "break," are you referring to the great tendency of Tenergy to "chip off" from the edges, or are you referring to the decline in performance of the rubber over time?</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]Thanks again.</span][/COLOR]


Tenergy off the shelf is boosted you cant feel the smell
Back to Top
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/15/2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2018 at 11:54am
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

[What that review said seemed perfectly plausible to me.]

The final point of the review list is:  
  • maximum amount of spin in general

Given the premise of the harder sponge, so much harder that it is entitled in the rubber, do you think this last point is likely?

Thanks
Donn

F = ma The most useful physical law every devised.
Back to Top
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01/21/2010
Location: unknown
Status: Offline
Points: 13159
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2018 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

[It is meant to be boosted - just like the Hurricane for China National Team members. I've tried both Hurricane for CNT and Tenergy for National players - it's hard because it is not boosted (if you ask how - here's how: I went to China to visit my coach and he took me to meet some China Team members and they let me try their rubbers). 

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Those Tenergy we buy from Butterfly are already factory-boosted. I suppose the T05H is a copy of National rubber line - not sure because I still haven't tried it. One thing I dislike about Tenergy is they break pretty easy - oh and pricey too.]</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Very good.  Thanks for the contribution.  There are many interesting implications and speculations derived from your fine post.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
[It is meant to be boosted - just like the Hurricane for China National Team members.]
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Is this the first "meant to be boosted" rubber from Butterfly?</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">We may be confident that "boosting" will not be explicitly stated by Butterfly in the official directions for handling the rubber.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Is there an implication that Butterfly is targeting two types of players for the customer base: 1) Those that like the hard feeling and performance qualities of the rubber out of the package, and 2) The booster crowd?</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">[</span>I've tried both Hurricane for CNT and Tenergy for National players - it's hard because it is not boosted]

[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]What is the thought captured here: Does that the Chinese National Team boost the non-boosted Tenergy, or do they use the boosted Tenergy right out of the package?</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"][</span][/COLOR]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I suppose the T05H is a copy of National rubber line]</span>
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]Supposed here is that the Chinese National Team Tenergy 05 uses a different Tenergy sponge than the commercially available Tenergy 05.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]From this information, we may conclude that Tenergy 05 Hard is the first opportunity for the general playing public to have access to the Chinese National Team Tenergy, paralleling the purported available National version of Hurricane.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"][</span][/COLOR]it's hard because it is not boosted]

[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]Two manufacturing options seem possible here: 1) The Tenergy 05 Hard sponge is the same sponge as the Tenergy 05, just not boosted, and 2) The Tenergy 05 Hard sponge is a materially-distinct sponge from the Tenergy 05 sponge.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"][</span][/COLOR]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">One thing I dislike about Tenergy is they break pretty easy]</span>
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]When you use the term "break," are you referring to the great tendency of Tenergy to "chip off" from the edges, or are you referring to the decline in performance of the rubber over time?</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]Thanks again.</span][/COLOR]


Tenergy off the shelf is boosted you cant feel the smell




And your evidence for this is......... ????

Do you have some inside technical information or are you just using The Force?
Back to Top
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 12/24/2008
Location: Chicago
Status: Offline
Points: 1745
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2018 at 1:21pm
Pushed back till Nov 1st release in North America now
Kenta ALC T05H/T05
Back to Top
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/19/2018
Location: Southam
Status: Offline
Points: 807
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

[It is meant to be boosted - just like the Hurricane for China National Team members. I've tried both Hurricane for CNT and Tenergy for National players - it's hard because it is not boosted (if you ask how - here's how: I went to China to visit my coach and he took me to meet some China Team members and they let me try their rubbers). 

<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Those Tenergy we buy from Butterfly are already factory-boosted. I suppose the T05H is a copy of National rubber line - not sure because I still haven't tried it. One thing I dislike about Tenergy is they break pretty easy - oh and pricey too.]</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font #0000cc""="" color="">Very good.  Thanks for the contribution.  There are many interesting implications and speculations derived from your fine post.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font #0000cc""="" color="">
</span>
[It is meant to be boosted - just like the Hurricane for China National Team members.]
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font #0000cc""="" color="">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font #0000cc""="" color="">Is this the first "meant to be boosted" rubber from Butterfly?</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font #0000cc""="" color="">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font #0000cc""="" color="">We may be confident that "boosting" will not be explicitly stated by Butterfly in the official directions for handling the rubber.</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font #0000cc""="" color="">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font #0000cc""="" color="">Is there an implication that Butterfly is targeting two types of players for the customer base: 1) Those that like the hard feeling and performance qualities of the rubber out of the package, and 2) The booster crowd?</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font #0000cc""="" color="">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><font #0000cc""="" color="">[</span>I've tried both Hurricane for CNT and Tenergy for National players - it's hard because it is not boosted]

[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]What is the thought captured here: Does that the Chinese National Team boost the non-boosted Tenergy, or do they use the boosted Tenergy right out of the package?</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"][</span][/COLOR]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I suppose the T05H is a copy of National rubber line]</span>
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]Supposed here is that the Chinese National Team Tenergy 05 uses a different Tenergy sponge than the commercially available Tenergy 05.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]From this information, we may conclude that Tenergy 05 Hard is the first opportunity for the general playing public to have access to the Chinese National Team Tenergy, paralleling the purported available National version of Hurricane.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"][</span][/COLOR]it's hard because it is not boosted]

[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]Two manufacturing options seem possible here: 1) The Tenergy 05 Hard sponge is the same sponge as the Tenergy 05, just not boosted, and 2) The Tenergy 05 Hard sponge is a materially-distinct sponge from the Tenergy 05 sponge.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"][</span][/COLOR]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">One thing I dislike about Tenergy is they break pretty easy]</span>
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]When you use the term "break," are you referring to the great tendency of Tenergy to "chip off" from the edges, or are you referring to the decline in performance of the rubber over time?</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000cc"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]Thanks again.</span][/COLOR]


Tenergy off the shelf is boosted you cant feel the smell




And your evidence for this is......... ????

Do you have some inside technical information or are you just using The Force?



I cant spend money to make a test to make you believe

Do you think a rubber would bounce without booster? Or you believe in the magical air bubbles inside tenergy sponge?. There are boosters for donic bty nittaku. Its up to you to believe ,any large tt dealer know that every brand has its own developed booster

Edited by mykonos96 - 09/21/2018 at 10:24pm
Back to Top
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/15/2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2018 at 9:53pm
Hi,

Very good observations in this thread.
 
[(jpenmaster) We all know there has been a pro player version for a while and I'm not sure T05 Hard will be a copy of that.]

[(chroot)  Saw some “pro” version of T05 listed for sale before.] 

Few are more behind the curve than I: I, for one, did not know there was a commercially available "pro player version" for sale.

I do know that in a number of interviews, Timo Boll never tires of repeating the comment about the unfair advantage of the Chinese because you cannot buy the rubber they use; it is not available.  It is clear he implies the rubber he uses is available to buy.

Thanks
Donn

F = ma The most useful physical law every devised.
Back to Top
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/19/2018
Location: Southam
Status: Offline
Points: 807
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2018 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Very good observations in this thread.
 
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">[(jpenmaster) We all know there has been a pro player version for a while and I'm not sure T05 Hard will be a copy of that.]</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">[(chroot) </span><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"> </span><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Saw some “pro” version of T05 listed for sale before.]</span><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"> </span>

Few are more behind the curve than I: I, for one, did not know there was a commercially available "pro player version" for sale.

I do know that in a number of interviews, Timo Boll never tires of repeating the comment about the unfair advantage of the Chinese because you cannot buy the rubber they use; it is not available.  It is clear he implies the rubber he uses is available to buy.

Thanks



Timo s rubbers are not available for amateurs
Back to Top
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01/21/2010
Location: unknown
Status: Offline
Points: 13159
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 12:37am
I know for a fact that the structure of the pores is one of the key factors. But I'm not going to argue this point in detail. Tenergy has many fundamental differences from other modern rubbers. Actually I think it was better when it first came out. I personallthink it was harder then.
Back to Top
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 10/10/2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 1:23am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

 
I cant spend money to make a test to make you believe

Do you think a rubber would bounce without booster? Or you believe in the magical air bubbles inside tenergy sponge?. There are boosters for donic bty nittaku. Its up to you to believe ,any large tt dealer know that every brand has its own developed booster

Like all great conspiracy theories, who needs to both with facts or proof?  The claim that Tenergy comes from the factory with boosting ranks right up there with claim that 9/11 was arranged by our own government and that the Moon landing never happened.
Back to Top
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 10/10/2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 1:30am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I know for a fact that the structure of the pores is one of the key factors. But I'm not going to argue this point in detail. Tenergy has many fundamental differences from other modern rubbers. Actually I think it was better when it first came out. I personallthink it was harder then.
From what I've read and what I've been told, pros were always given harder versions of Tenergy.  It's not "Tenergy Pro" like some people claim.  Every batch of rubber has different hardness between the center and the ends.  It's like saying that some cuts of beef produce superior (and more expensive) steaks.  I've never seen any place that actually sold "pro Tenergy", but I could imagine a professional giving away some of his sheets, which would be harder.

I don't think the new Tenergy Hard is the same thing.  There was a limited amount of harder rubber available in the current "regular" Tenergy.  My guess is that they have a new, more dense version of the Tenergy sponge.  Ironically, that probably means there will be a pro version of Tenergy Hard, too.Wink

I would dearly love to see a hands-on review of the stuff, but I guess we'll have to wait until November.
Back to Top
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member


Joined: 03/15/2012
Location: USA
Status: Offline
Points: 3592
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 1:49am
Not to be a killjoy but, I would not be surprised if it is as heavy as 58g cut.

Back to Top
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/19/2018
Location: Southam
Status: Offline
Points: 807
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 2:46am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

 
I cant spend money to make a test to make you believe

Do you think a rubber would bounce without booster? Or you believe in the magical air bubbles inside tenergy sponge?. There are boosters for donic bty nittaku. Its up to you to believe ,any large tt dealer know that every brand has its own developed booster


Like all great conspiracy theories, who needs to both with facts or proof?  The claim that Tenergy comes from the factory with boosting ranks right up there with claim that 9/11 was arranged by our own government and that the Moon landing never happened.



Its easy if you re eager to spend 400$ on a lab test. Feel the oily sponge smell a rakza9 straight from the package and you will smell dandoy TRF . 2nd time tell me why tenergy would bounce like other factory boosted rubbers like rakza if its not boosted?
Back to Top
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 10/10/2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 2:54am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

 
I cant spend money to make a test to make you believe

Do you think a rubber would bounce without booster? Or you believe in the magical air bubbles inside tenergy sponge?. There are boosters for donic bty nittaku. Its up to you to believe ,any large tt dealer know that every brand has its own developed booster


Like all great conspiracy theories, who needs to both with facts or proof?  The claim that Tenergy comes from the factory with boosting ranks right up there with claim that 9/11 was arranged by our own government and that the Moon landing never happened.



Its easy if you re eager to spend 400$ on a lab test. Feel the oily sponge smell a rakza9 straight from the package and you will smell dandoy TRF . 2nd time tell me why tenergy would bounce like other factory boosted rubbers like rakza if its not boosted?
But there is no smell or oily feeling with Tenergy; no sign of any additive.

Simply because adding a booster is one way to improve rubber performance doesn't mean it's the only way.  All rubbers depend a lot upon the chemical mix of compounds used both for top sheet and sponge (separately), plus the sponge can vary a lot depending upon pores and density.  Tenergy acts the way it does because that is the way those composite parts (sponge and topsheet) are designed to work.  It doesn't need booster to perform.

An analogy to your argument would be if you claimed that all athletes must use performance-enhancing drugs to play well simply because some athletes require them to be great (I'm not thinking table tennis in this analogy; more like bike racing or perhaps baseball).  It's not real logic.
Back to Top
Leftstudio View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 02/21/2018
Location: Earth
Status: Offline
Points: 46
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftstudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 3:36am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

[It is meant to be boosted - just like the Hurricane for China National Team members. I've tried both Hurricane for CNT and Tenergy for National players - it's hard because it is not boosted (if you ask how - here's how: I went to China to visit my coach and he took me to meet some China Team members and they let me try their rubbers). 

Those Tenergy we buy from Butterfly are already factory-boosted. I suppose the T05H is a copy of National rubber line - not sure because I still haven't tried it. One thing I dislike about Tenergy is they break pretty easy - oh and pricey too.]

Very good.  Thanks for the contribution.  There are many interesting implications and speculations derived from your fine post.

[It is meant to be boosted - just like the Hurricane for China National Team members.]


I think every rubber is already factory-boosted (now please don't get into the illegal boosting thing because it is a matter of personal opinion). 
[I've tried both Hurricane for CNT and Tenergy for National players - it's hard because it is not boosted]

What is the thought captured here: Does that the Chinese National Team boost the non-boosted Tenergy, or do they use the boosted Tenergy right out of the package?

The National players that I've met in China boost their rubbers according to their style - but their Tenergy sponges are much more dense than the regular Tenergy. Also they use a non label booster that I did not get a chance to look inside the bottle. 
[I suppose the T05H is a copy of National rubber line]

Supposed here is that the Chinese National Team Tenergy 05 uses a different Tenergy sponge than the commercially available Tenergy 05.

From this information, we may conclude that Tenergy 05 Hard is the first opportunity for the general playing public to have access to the Chinese National Team Tenergy, paralleling the purported available National version of Hurricane.

I don't think so - the sponsored product line is always a different item - I highly doubt that it will be publicly distributed. On a side note: Ding Ning's Hurricane plays like a Tenergy sponge with H3 topsheet. It truly is amazing - really hard to miss the table.

[it's hard because it is not boosted]

Two manufacturing options seem possible here: 1) The Tenergy 05 Hard sponge is the same sponge as the Tenergy 05, just not boosted, and 2) The Tenergy 05 Hard sponge is a materially-distinct sponge from the Tenergy 05 sponge.

Then again - we have no clue until somebody buys and tries the T05H.
[One thing I dislike about Tenergy is they break pretty easy]

When you use the term "break," are you referring to the great tendency of Tenergy to "chip off" from the edges, or are you referring to the decline in performance of the rubber over time?

I meant "chip off".
Thanks again.

After visiting the training facility in China for National Team, all I see is hard work. The players didn't really talk about equipments. The amount of workload that those players do is incredible - no wonder why they are on top of the world. Equipments are important but moreover is the willing to spend hours and hours working. It is the army over there - the atmosphere is almost like a military camp.

Can I give my 2cents here? 
If I have the blade of MaLong can I hit the ball like him?
If we have the blade of MaLong can we hit the ball like him?


Edited by Leftstudio - 09/23/2018 at 3:48am
Everybody boosts
Back to Top
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/15/2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 9:29am
Hi,

This thread confirms unequivocally just how impressive in expertise and thought our sport's serious students are.

A few comments on some picked off statements in the thread.

[I noticed past 6month to a year that a lot of Butterfly PROS (Boll, Pitch, Freitas, etc) started playing faster more aggressive with more power... Has anyone noticed that? I am wondering if this is due to 05 HARD? I assume so, as timo boll topspins are much harder in 2018 then years back...]

I have noticed the same thing, strikingly so.  I was watching two Top 30 in the world players in a match.  Both are great, however what was really noteworthy was the performance of their rackets (Cornilleau and Butterfly).  On their power shots, the balls were just rocketing out with extreme power of speed and spin.  It was very distinctive.

Also, I've notice Samsonov will occasionally execute offensive shots at a power level he never had before.

[Pushed back till Nov 1st release in North America now]

Knowing something about how the world works, we should discover information out of Europe and Asia sooner than this.

[There are boosters for donic bty nittaku. Its up to you to believe ,any large tt dealer know that every brand has its own developed booster]

Some treacherous water here.  [There are boosters for donic bty nittaku] Accepted as stated, the boosters I'm familiar with claim effectiveness with all the sponges.  In the marketplace, there are not exclusive distinctions made for the booster companies' targeted sponges.  [any large tt dealer know that every brand has its own developed booster It may be close to the case that this is true for the major manufacturers of rubber, however those boosters are not commercially available.

[Tenergy has many fundamental differences from other modern rubbers. Actually I think it was better when it first came out. I personallthink it was harder then.]

This is an uncomfortable statement.  It means that without public declaration, Butterfly altered the specification of Tenergy to the extent that the playing characteristics' variation may be readily detected by a typical player.

[Ironically, that probably means there will be a pro version of Tenergy Hard, too.]  So, do you enjoy torturing the cognoscenti?

[Not to be a killjoy but, I would not be surprised if it is as heavy as 58g cut.]

I'm sorry to report, but you failed: You are a killjoy.

Thanks
Donn

F = ma The most useful physical law every devised.
Back to Top
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01/21/2010
Location: unknown
Status: Offline
Points: 13159
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 10:01am
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

 
I cant spend money to make a test to make you believe

Do you think a rubber would bounce without booster? Or you believe in the magical air bubbles inside tenergy sponge?. There are boosters for donic bty nittaku. Its up to you to believe ,any large tt dealer know that every brand has its own developed booster


Like all great conspiracy theories, who needs to both with facts or proof?  The claim that Tenergy comes from the factory with boosting ranks right up there with claim that 9/11 was arranged by our own government and that the Moon landing never happened.



Its easy if you re eager to spend 400$ on a lab test. Feel the oily sponge smell a rakza9 straight from the package and you will smell dandoy TRF . 2nd time tell me why tenergy would bounce like other factory boosted rubbers like rakza if its not boosted?


This should be funny but what exactly would you test for? And where? Be specific.
Back to Top
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01/21/2010
Location: unknown
Status: Offline
Points: 13159
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

 
I cant spend money to make a test to make you believe

Do you think a rubber would bounce without booster? Or you believe in the magical air bubbles inside tenergy sponge?. There are boosters for donic bty nittaku. Its up to you to believe ,any large tt dealer know that every brand has its own developed booster


Like all great conspiracy theories, who needs to both with facts or proof?  The claim that Tenergy comes from the factory with boosting ranks right up there with claim that 9/11 was arranged by our own government and that the Moon landing never happened.


And claims that contradict the theory are dismissed as coming from idiots who are not privy to secret inside information or sometimes with the accusation that it is part of the conspiracy. Ben, you MUST BE ONE OF THEM! 😦
Back to Top
kevo View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 01/16/2012
Location: ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 407
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

I noticed past 6month to a year that a lot of Butterfly PROS (Boll, Pitch, Freitas, etc) started playing faster more aggressive with more power... Has anyone noticed that? I am wondering if this is due to 05 HARD? I assume so, as timo boll topspins are much harder in 2018 then years back...
I am very excited to try this rubber, Harder tenergy should definitely help with serve receives and short play, (regular 05) often was actint to springy in short gave as the sponge reacted on every shot, with harder shots I think T05 Hard will definitely be interesting rubber that a lot of us will try and perhaps switch to

Interesting you should say this as today, while watching the Euro Champs final between Timo and Ionescu, I noticed that Timo was twiddling his bat around to the BH (red) rubber for smashes, much like the CNT guys do. I had always assumed (and had read) that Timo used 05 on both sides, unboosted (or factory boosted like all the rest of us), and so wondered how/why his BH rubber was softer and therefore better for controlling smashes of high lobs. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller...  (Timo was brilliant btw, and I couldn't see anything different in his play that might indicate a rubber change but I wasn't looking for it then either...)
Back to Top
kevo View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 01/16/2012
Location: ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 407
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 3:31pm
Ok, just read over at TTDaily that 'as of Sept. 1, 2018', Boll uses O5 Hard on FH and 05 of BH. Question answered. I should be a PI... 
Back to Top
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/15/2008
Location: Maryland, USA
Status: Offline
Points: 500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 8:47pm
[kevo:Ok, just read over at TTDaily that 'as of Sept. 1, 2018', Boll uses O5 Hard on FH and 05 of BH. Question answered. I should be a PI... ]

Ah ha!  We are making progress!

Very good.
Donn

F = ma The most useful physical law every devised.
Back to Top
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/19/2018
Location: Southam
Status: Offline
Points: 807
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

 
I cant spend money to make a test to make you believe

Do you think a rubber would bounce without booster? Or you believe in the magical air bubbles inside tenergy sponge?. There are boosters for donic bty nittaku. Its up to you to believe ,any large tt dealer know that every brand has its own developed booster


Like all great conspiracy theories, who needs to both with facts or proof?  The claim that Tenergy comes from the factory with boosting ranks right up there with claim that 9/11 was arranged by our own government and that the Moon landing never happened.



Its easy if you re eager to spend 400$ on a lab test. Feel the oily sponge smell a rakza9 straight from the package and you will smell dandoy TRF . 2nd time tell me why tenergy would bounce like other factory boosted rubbers like rakza if its not boosted?


This should be funny but what exactly would you test for? And where? Be specific.


Something like a 16+ carbon hydrocarbon molecule oil (speeglue component is hexane or heptane a   larger molecule that must be oily and do the same trick)that shouldnt be in the sponge I bet the guy from australia who make his own booster must know this is roughly the component of a booster

There is a simple way to test that booster is in the tenergy sponge but people dont take seriously what I wrote and

Edited by mykonos96 - 09/23/2018 at 11:17pm
Back to Top
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar
Dark Knight

Joined: 06/28/2005
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 4904
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by kevo kevo wrote:

'as of Sept. 1, 2018', Boll uses O5 Hard on FH and 05 of BH.

Sounds like the Marketing Machine in full motion...just as the new rubber is about to be released to the public, sponsored players are changing to it. Big smile That doesn't mean it's not true of course.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Back to Top
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 08/10/2012
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 743
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2018 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

 
I cant spend money to make a test to make you believe

Do you think a rubber would bounce without booster? Or you believe in the magical air bubbles inside tenergy sponge?. There are boosters for donic bty nittaku. Its up to you to believe ,any large tt dealer know that every brand has its own developed booster


Like all great conspiracy theories, who needs to both with facts or proof?  The claim that Tenergy comes from the factory with boosting ranks right up there with claim that 9/11 was arranged by our own government and that the Moon landing never happened.



Its easy if you re eager to spend 400$ on a lab test. Feel the oily sponge smell a rakza9 straight from the package and you will smell dandoy TRF . 2nd time tell me why tenergy would bounce like other factory boosted rubbers like rakza if its not boosted?


This should be funny but what exactly would you test for? And where? Be specific.


Something like a 16+ carbon hydrocarbon molecule oil (speeglue component is hexane or heptane a   larger molecule that must be oily and do the same trick)that shouldnt be in the sponge I bet the guy from australia who make his own booster must know this is roughly the component of a booster

There is a simple way to test that booster is in the tenergy sponge but people dont take seriously what I wrote and
Thanks to mention me here!
The secrete of Tenergy is not only in sponge, but the topsheet, which not many rubber manufacturer has paid the attention to.

Equipment Alchemist
Back to Top
taczkid View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 05/19/2016
Location: ILLINOIS
Status: Offline
Points: 388
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2018 at 8:37am
Not sure why Butterfly is being ..... but they just changed the release date to November 1!!!
Seriously they need to get their S..t straight, the release new Rubber and they cant even get their date correct on the first try? Now this is a joke. I just feel sorry for those who pre-ordered being excited to try the rubber next week, but thanks to ur favorite brand Butterfly they found yet another way (besides expensive prices) to get a lot of players upset Great job Butterfly. Next time you want to release something in Novemeber just say it on the first ADD (to be released in November, don't lie to customer or post false advertisement)!

Other brands vs Butterfly

Other: New rubber ____ is coming out on December 1st with a price of 59.99$, Butterfly-New Tenerfy 05 PRO is coming out on December 1st with a price tag of 79.99.... after one week, the actual available date will be March 1st 2019 and we misprinted the price of 79.99 the actual price is 179.99 $<-- Enjoy it customers.
Back to Top
koshkin View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/30/2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 448
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2018 at 12:04pm
Seriously, you are all up in arms because the pushed the official release date out by a month?

So, you will get your sheets a month later.  How is that going to meaningfully effect your life?  As far as the price goes, prior to this I had to pay $100 per sheet to get these bootlegged out of some pro's bag.  $80 that Butterfly Online wants is a bargain.  I pre-ordered two sheets and if it is similar to the ones I have been playing with on the FH, I'll have it on both sides.

At my current practice rate, these will last me at least 3-4 months.  Maybe more.  MX-S was lasting about 2-3 months.  Big Dipper was nice, but lasted about 6 weeks.  Various DHS rubbers lasted anywhere between two weeks and 8 weeks, but had to be tuned every two weeks, which I dislike immensely.

If I spend $160 every four months on two T05Hs and that gets rid of the hassle involved in tuning them, it is totally worth it.  It is probably the same amount of money I spend on gas driving two and from the club for practicing.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
FH: D05, red, 2.1
BH: T05, black, 2.1
Back to Top
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 10/10/2008
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2420
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2018 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Seriously, you are all up in arms because the pushed the official release date out by a month?
+100

I don't understand why people online have to be so whiny.  Delays in release dates are very, very common.  It can relate to last minute manufacturing tweaks, or changes in the shipping route (since they are being shipped via ship), or plans to tie in with a particular marketing promotion that isn't ready yet.  This happens across all industries and products and I guarantee it's happening to you all the time in your non-table tennis life.  So why dump on Butterfly for this tiny issue?
Back to Top
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01/21/2010
Location: unknown
Status: Offline
Points: 13159
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:



Something like a 16+ carbon hydrocarbon molecule oil (speeglue component is hexane or heptane a   larger molecule that must be oily and do the same trick)that shouldnt be in the sponge I bet the guy from australia who make his own booster must know this is roughly the component of a booster

There is a simple way to test that booster is in the tenergy sponge but people dont take seriously what I wrote and


If you wanted to make sure that people would not take you seriously this post was a great way to do it.
Back to Top
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 11/18/2013
Location: United States
Status: Online
Points: 1178
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2018 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Seriously, you are all up in arms because the pushed the official release date out by a month?
+100

I don't understand why people online have to be so whiny.  Delays in release dates are very, very common.  It can relate to last minute manufacturing tweaks, or changes in the shipping route (since they are being shipped via ship), or plans to tie in with a particular marketing promotion that isn't ready yet.  This happens across all industries and products and I guarantee it's happening to you all the time in your non-table tennis life.  So why dump on Butterfly for this tiny issue?

I was going to write something similar in response to the post by 'taczkid', but then I figured there is a decent chance that it was posted by a kid indeed, which might explain rather exaggerated reaction to delayed launch date of TT rubber. Kids and their obsession with instant gratification these days! Now, get off my lawn. Wink
USATT: ~1870
Donic Defplay - AK47 blue - Dtecs OX
Back to Top
tom View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 11/18/2013
Location: canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1934
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2018 at 3:07pm
"As far as the price goes, prior to this I had to pay $100 per sheet to get these bootlegged out of some pro's bag."

Koshkin, as the release date is pushed back and therefore some will the reviews, do you care to list some differences between your $100 sheets and the regular 05?  
Back to Top
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member
Avatar

Joined: 07/19/2018
Location: Southam
Status: Offline
Points: 807
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/24/2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:



Something like a 16+ carbon hydrocarbon molecule oil (speeglue component is hexane or heptane a   larger molecule that must be oily and do the same trick)that shouldnt be in the sponge I bet the guy from australia who make his own booster must know this is roughly the component of a booster

There is a simple way to test that booster is in the tenergy sponge but people dont take seriously what I wrote and


If you wanted to make sure that people would not take you seriously this post was a great way to do it.



This is not supreme court for giving proof . I would try to post more about it but I dont feel like there s a good reason

Edited by mykonos96 - 09/24/2018 at 3:15pm
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.141 seconds.

Become a Fan on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Web Wiz News
About MyTableTennis.NET | Forum Help | Disclaimer

MyTableTennis.NET is the trading name of Alex Table Tennis Ltd.

Copyright ©2003-2019 Alex Table Tennis Ltd. All rights reserved.