Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
purpletiesto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpletiesto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by chop4ever chop4ever wrote:

The JP team who played AUS Open confirmed they used Nittaku Axel to boost Tenergy.
Try thin booster and see why there is no pro player use Falco.

Interesting

Source?

Sponsored Links

sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 12:35pm
Anyone can predict how 05H would be with Jun Mizutani SZLC blade? Appreciate your thoughts
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 2:27pm
i have tried 05H for 1 session. it is meant to be played extremely hard. no soft strokes, no fishing no lobbing no blocking. it is a complete game changer. close to the table attacks Mima Ito/Harimoto style. you can't play again after 6 months with any medium or soft rubbers anymore.
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by sunny sunny wrote:

Anyone can predict how 05H would be with Jun Mizutani SZLC blade? Appreciate your thoughts
Very good although hard. 05 recommended unless you have big strokes and good technique, which I believe I have, and I still struggle
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2018 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

The JP team who played AUS Open confirmed they used Nittaku Axel to boost Tenergy.

I do not know whether or not your last allegation is true. My guess is that you do not as well.

I have tried TRF and Dandoy Bioboost. I prefer FLT to both. Have not tried the Chinese oils (but shall try Kailin soon).

Pro players don't care if the boost effect drastically reduces in a couple of weeks - as they probably are onto another sheet by that time.

I think that the biggest single reason why players use FLT is because of the effect lasting 6 weeks. We amateurs simply don't want to re-boost every couple of weeks. Besides, a lot of players use FLT to refurbish older rubbers (or bring them back to original size) for which it works like a charm.

Baby oil does the same trick as well. FTL makes T05H softer forever, hence the "effect" last 6 months due to strange feeling and heavier weight.
If you need faster speed, go for thinner booster.
IF you need softer T05H, go for T05.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 1:13am

I do not know whether or not your last allegation is true. My guess is that you do not as well.

I have tried TRF and Dandoy Bioboost. I prefer FLT to both. Have not tried the Chinese oils (but shall try Kailin soon).

Pro players don't care if the boost effect drastically reduces in a couple of weeks - as they probably are onto another sheet by that time.

I think that the biggest single reason why players use FLT is because of the effect lasting 6 weeks. We amateurs simply don't want to re-boost every couple of weeks. Besides, a lot of players use FLT to refurbish older rubbers (or bring them back to original size) for which it works like a charm.

Baby oil does the same trick as well. FTL makes T05H softer forever, hence the "effect" last 6 months due to strange feeling and heavier weight.

Is axel the same as stiga booster?
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 12:34pm

Sorry, you probably got fake or old batch of FTL. FTL is nothing like baby oil.

Forum member schen has extensively tried out many popular boosters (including FTL and the thinner oils). He posts his findings here.

According to him, FTL softens less than Kailin or Dianchi (both of which are very popular with provincial players). FTL provides same spin increase as Kailin in high gear and more than Dianchi. Seamoon is thick booster and very popular with players. So, your remark on thinner = better isn't necessarily true.

Out here, one of our Chinese coaches (~2500) uses FTL on T05 both sides (on a all-wood blade with walnut outers). He is very happy with it (rest of his team uses some Chinese oil on H3 they get from a provincial team).
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 12:42pm
I tried out T05 hard (unboosted) on ALC blade (against robot for a couple of hours).

It shall take a player used to playing with European / Japanese rubbers closer to the style of playing with H3. At this price, I would prefer H3 national boosted over T05 hard, though. 39 deg h3 nat boosted with 2-3 layers would be close in hardness to T05 Hard.

Brief review of T05 hard: It isn't too hard - to me, it feels about as soft as many 50 deg ESN rubbers.

Very good short game. Can keep pushes very short. Surprisingly, I found it good in loop against backspin (but not as good as R50 which is fantastic there). Adjustment has to be made in serves (toss has to be higher to get same / higher spin - just like with H3). Good feeling. But shall it be good in strokes that aren't short pushes / serve receives or all-out power loops / counter loops? Shall try out for a few weeks.

I shall try use R50 (after boosting - as its topsheet is quite stiff) and compare with T05 hard. I have a feeling that difference shall not be too much.
sunny View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 12:54pm
Thank you. Already purchased the rubbers, will try this weekend. I am about US 2208 so have good basics but I am sure there would be adjustment curve.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 2:02pm

Forum member schen has extensively tried out many popular boosters (including FTL and the thinner oils). He posts his findings here.

According to him, FTL softens less than Kailin or Dianchi (both of which are very popular with provincial players). FTL provides same spin increase as Kailin in high gear and more than Dianchi. Seamoon is thick booster and very popular with players. So, your remark on thinner = better isn't necessarily true.

Out here, one of our Chinese coaches (~2500) uses FTL on T05 both sides (on a all-wood blade with walnut outers). He is very happy with it (rest of his team uses some Chinese oil on H3 they get from a provincial team).
FTL is different from other oil boosters in that it does soften the rubber a lot
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 3:00pm
all I know is a H3 Prov BS with  FTL got a bubble.  The orange sponge ones were Ok. With Kailin on various BS never had a bubble.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

all I know is a H3 Prov BS with  FTL got a bubble.  The orange sponge ones were Ok. With Kailin on various BS never had a bubble.

You cannot blame FTL. Generally, it is easier to bubble with thinner booster than with FTL as thinner booster penetrates to the topsheet more. Ultimately, it is not just which booster you use but also how much you put on. Method also matters - (did you put layer of glue before putting on booster. What glue? How many layers of booster, etc).

tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 4:22pm

You cannot blame FTL. Generally, it is easier to bubble with thinner booster than with FTL as thinner booster penetrates to the topsheet more. Ultimately, it is not just which booster you use but also how much you put on. Method also matters - (did you put layer of glue before putting on booster. What glue? How many layers of booster, etc).

more or less the same method for FTL and Kailin, WBG, 2 to 3 thin layers booster, then WBG to adhere.  I have only had one sheet bubbled on me so it might not be due to the booster , but that was my experience
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

Is axel the same as stiga booster?

Similar in characteristics.
One has colour, one none.
Stiga boster causes eyes irritation
Falco is not a booster
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 6:40pm

I used to bought 20 bottles from France, about 10 bottles from Australia. Both are distributors. Before that time, I wasn't rich and in good money condition, I used Baby oil, fish oil, sunflower oil,..paraffin oil. FTL is thicker than Baby oil but I did compare them in the same amount to clarify which one is better (to save money, of course).

Schen didn't try Nittaku Speed Axel and Stiga Extreme, nor TRF, Evolution and Bio. So he didn't know which one is "thinner" booster. As my observations, I have tried petrol, lamp oil, citronella, mineral turpentine, pine oil, citrus oil, white spirit,...

The most advantage Falco has is the bottle with brush, it is the most convenient booster because of its bottle. Let pour the other boosters to a Haifu Dolphin bottle, use that brush and see which booster is stronger and better.

I am also a coach (level 2 of ITTF scale) whose students have national medal.

Falco is not a booster
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 6:44pm

In this case, don't blame the booster but the "prov BS" is the problem.
There is no provincial player has sponsored by DHS, none of the has blue sponge. So WTH the Prov BS exist on earth?
Falco is not a booster
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 6:51pm

My argument is, I use thin booster directly to the topsheet, plenty booster to sponge but the H3 lasts still 50-70 hours intensively playing. Tell me what is wrong?
Thin booster comes and is absorbed quickly to the sponge molecular, there is no residue to weaken the glue.

Falco is not a booster
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2018 at 10:01pm
mine is on its way.
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Vlad0 Vlad0 wrote:

2 hours test and i'm not impressed. Definitely more difficult to play with it compared to T05 regular. Of course warm up was excellent because it's new, but during matches - nope. And i'm not that fast anymore and it requires force like every other hard rubber. In other words it doesn't help when you are out of position. Gosh, this rubber is really harder than i expected. If it not brake in soon i will boost it for sure. Some weird stuff in the short game like pop up too many balls, pushes in the net or going long. I suppose i'm too used to the regular (boosted) and i'll need to get used. This rubber is for pros really and shines brightly in one department - counter looping.
funny. Your post is the first one I came upon after playing with the hard. Whatever I wanted to say is more or less said by you. Those that love the regular for it known properties don't have a reason 2 switch to the hard. I could see some players benefiting from the hard but it will be a minority.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2018 at 9:08am

I put 2 layers of Falco TL. It took a week to almost flat. Stretching above was a half cm. IMO this rubber is made for boosting and i absolutely start enjoying it. Superior than T05 in every way. BTW no one mentioned TTDaily so :
how did it played after the boost?
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2018 at 9:14am
Pros probably all boost it.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

except TB
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2018 at 11:42am

Originally posted by FruitLoop FruitLoop wrote:

except TB

Bull
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2018 at 1:14pm
    HEFTY ONE ... TOO HEFTY
T05 Hard sponge, Butterfly No.14--033 :
    = 53g cut UNBOOSTED
     = 58g cut BOOSTED,   
Boosting on the rubber will add extra weight a lot, making the racket near unplayable. Sorry.
A time ago I happened to have a talk with Gerassimenko Kiril WR35 , he now using 05Hard rubber black without any boosters.

just a standard weight rubber for comparison.
-- T05 Regular 1.9mm =45 g cut-sheet, unboosted.

Edited by igorponger - 12/23/2018 at 1:26pm
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2018 at 2:12pm
I still have to wonder if Timo is still using 05Hard.  It didn't look like it at the Pro Tour Grand Finals.

And does anyone know how this new Spring Sponge X is going to fit into the Tenergy lineup?
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

HEFTY ONE ... TOO HEFTY
T05 Hard sponge, Butterfly No.14--033 :
    = 53g cut UNBOOSTED
     = 58g cut BOOSTED,   
Boosting on the rubber will add extra weight a lot, making the racket near unplayable. Sorry.
A time ago I happened to have a talk with Gerassimenko Kiril WR35 , he now using 05Hard rubber black without any boosters.

just a standard weight rubber for comparison.
-- T05 Regular 1.9mm =45 g cut-sheet, unboosted.

Liar liar. Geresimenko no booster. Igor seek for help. 4gr of booster its not possible
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2018 at 1:40am
In addition, 4 grams wouldn't necessarily make ones racket unplayable. I play short pimple with thin sponge on one side. I wouldn't mind an extra 4 grams at all.  Also, if it were such a big deal, you could just get a new blade which was 4 grams lighter to make up the difference. 

Edited by ericd937 - 12/24/2018 at 1:41am
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2018 at 3:12am

2 hours test and i'm not impressed. Definitely more difficult to play with it compared to T05 regular. Of course warm up was excellent because it's new, but during matches - nope. And i'm not that fast anymore and it requires force like every other hard rubber. In other words it doesn't help when you are out of position. Gosh, this rubber is really harder than i expected. If it not brake in soon i will boost it for sure. Some weird stuff in the short game like pop up too many balls, pushes in the net or going long. I suppose i'm too used to the regular (boosted) and i'll need to get used. This rubber is for pros really and shines brightly in one department - counter looping.
funny. Your post is the first one I came upon after playing with the hard. Whatever I wanted to say is more or less said by you. Those that love the regular for it known properties don't have a reason 2 switch to the hard. I could see some players benefiting from the hard but it will be a minority.

You are probably right that people who are very used to the regular T05 may not be all that comfortable with T05 Hard.  It behaves quite differently over the table.

In my case, I could never quite come to grips with the regular T05, because of how it behaves over the table.  T05 Hard on the other hand, fits my FH perfectly, coming from MX-S and boosted Chinese rubbers.

One of the reasons for me to switch to T05 is to avoid boosting and for me it works really well unboosted.

Perhaps, T05 Hard is there to offer a Tenergy alternative for people who would not be using Tenergy otherwise.

ILya

BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2018 at 7:59am
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

You are probably right that people who are very used to the regular T05 may not be all that comfortable with T05 Hard.  It behaves quite differently over the table.

In my case, I could never quite come to grips with the regular T05, because of how it behaves over the table.  T05 Hard on the other hand, fits my FH perfectly, coming from MX-S and boosted Chinese rubbers.

One of the reasons for me to switch to T05 is to avoid boosting and for me it works really well unboosted.

Perhaps, T05 Hard is there to offer a Tenergy alternative for people who would not be using Tenergy otherwise.

ILya
[DIV
I am in your camp of not using 05R as well and was hoping the H could replace boosted H3. Will have to further experiment to come to a conclusion but as posted by Slevin I suspect the preference will be for H3. Hoping the overall net (dis)advantages will be small.
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2018 at 9:51am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

In addition, 4 grams wouldn't necessarily make ones racket unplayable. I play short pimple with thin sponge on one side. I wouldn't mind an extra 4 grams at all.  Also, if it were such a big deal, you could just get a new blade which was 4 grams lighter to make up the difference. 

Interesting. Never heard about someone boosting short pips but pros.Most players I know dont like 05H

Edited by mykonos96 - 12/24/2018 at 9:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic