Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Tenergy 05 HARD is coming out next Friday 28th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2018 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Originally posted by Vlad0 Vlad0 wrote:

2 hours test and i'm not impressed. Definitely more difficult to play with it compared to T05 regular. Of course warm up was excellent because it's new, but during matches - nope. And i'm not that fast anymore and it requires force like every other hard rubber. In other words it doesn't help when you are out of position. Gosh, this rubber is really harder than i expected. If it not brake in soon i will boost it for sure. Some weird stuff in the short game like pop up too many balls, pushes in the net or going long. I suppose i'm too used to the regular (boosted) and i'll need to get used. This rubber is for pros really and shines brightly in one department - counter looping.
funny. Your post is the first one I came upon after playing with the hard. Whatever I wanted to say is more or less said by you. Those that love the regular for it known properties don't have a reason 2 switch to the hard. I could see some players benefiting from the hard but it will be a minority.

You are probably right that people who are very used to the regular T05 may not be all that comfortable with T05 Hard.  It behaves quite differently over the table.

In my case, I could never quite come to grips with the regular T05, because of how it behaves over the table.  T05 Hard on the other hand, fits my FH perfectly, coming from MX-S and boosted Chinese rubbers.

One of the reasons for me to switch to T05 is to avoid boosting and for me it works really well unboosted.

Perhaps, T05 Hard is there to offer a Tenergy alternative for people who would not be using Tenergy otherwise.

ILya

There is nothing could replace boosted H3. MX-S and T05H maybe similar but on the other side of H3.
origin H3 (42D) boosted by 5ml thin booster (Axel or Reviver) is still the best.

Yes, any pro, prov, NT, blue,..H3 goes with FTL will be the same as T05H
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Sponsored Links

koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/24/2018 at 6:47pm
Weirdly, boosted H3 did not work well for me at all, but some other Chinese rubbers did.

MX-S was my mainstay for a while, T05H seems to work best for me at the moment.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2018 at 6:24pm
I've been using Tenergy O5 Hard Max for two weeks and it's the first Tenergy rubber I find suitable for my FH.
It feels a little hard, but it doesn't play very hard - it is quite lively, IMO.  What I like the most about it is that it's fast and relatively spinny, but not as bouncy as most other Tenergy rubbers, which makes it linear and predictable in short game, as well as in mid and long-distance play.
It is considerably heavier than most other rubbers, but not too heavy for me.

99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 5:37pm
anybody boosted the 05H yet?
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2018 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

I've been using Tenergy O5 Hard Max for two weeks and it's the first Tenergy rubber I find suitable for my FH.
It feels a little hard, but it doesn't play very hard - it is quite lively, IMO.  What I like the most about it is that it's fast and relatively spinny, but not as bouncy as most other Tenergy rubbers, which makes it linear and predictable in short game, as well as in mid and long-distance play.
It is considerably heavier than most other rubbers, but not too heavy for me.

That's pretty close to my impressions.  I can deal with a bouncier rubber on the BH fairly well, but on the FH I like something a little more linear.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2019 at 11:57am
Boosts well with dandoy
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2019 at 1:04am
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

Boosts well with dandoy
I have Dandoy ,what changes does it make

Edited by tom - 01/02/2019 at 7:30am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2019 at 10:14am
I have been using this rubber for a month. This is the 1st Tenergy that I really like (never was a fan of T05).

My opinions on blade matches with T05 hard
  1. I guess all-wood blades would work well (as the rubber is really powerful)
  2. re: composite ALC blades, I would put this on a blade with a soft outer layer. I find that this rubber works much better with the Zhang Jike ALC than with TB-ALC (to me, generally and at same weights, hardness rankings are as follows: TB-ALC > Viscaria > ZJK-ALC). Short game is excellent with ALC blades & so are opening loops (spinnier than with T05). Loop-loop from mid-distance might require a bit more effort (which, when put in, creates more powerful stroke than with T05).
  3. I would not put this on ZLC blades - would not get good enough dwell on medium-soft strokes (IMHO, ZLC blades (relative to ALC blades) generally offer great dwell on very hard strokes but not so good dwell on medium-soft strokes).
  4. It might work great with boosting (though I have not tried it yet).
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2019 at 3:13pm

I totally agree with the latest comment from slevin. I do play with a custom blade that is wood with a thin layer of carbon called INNEGRA S. My blade (rosewood, carbon, kiri, carbon, rosewood) this blade I slower than my viscaria and has more of a wood feel. It works fantastic with the T05Hard. I also did experiment with gluing the rubber using Elmers Rubber cement and I must say I like it Wink! I overall found that T05Hard improved my game in all departments, especially in the serve receive. I was not long time ago about 2070 ranked player using shlager with regular 05 both sides, since past 3 months I switched to the blade mentioned above with 05Hard on both sides. Past tournament I was able to beat 2200 & 2340 player and only lost to 2550 player. After my observations I am confident to say that because I was able to receive higher rated player serves with easy, that gave me a better chance to stay even or win with them. I played this 2550 guy in the past and with regular 05tenergy I had tons of trouble with his serves and eventually he was destroying me with 3rd ball... with 05Hard he was even surprised that I was able to keep up with his serves and to some point even surprise him from time to time. For me 05H on an all wood, or slower carbon blades is a winner on both sides. I am planning to stick with it for awhile!

ggreco View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggreco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by ChichoFicho ChichoFicho wrote:

A 15 euro Spinlord Marder 2.0 mm is a much better rubber for about 99% of the amateurs.
What about Spinlord Marder IV for looping play? 
How can it be compared with Vega Europe and Bluefire JP03?
Thanks.

Edited by ggreco - 03/12/2019 at 6:47pm
TSP Black Balsa 5.0
FH Xiom Vega Europe max black
BH Spin Lord ORKan 1.8 red
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/12/2019 at 9:38pm
Hi,

Truly excellent and very helpful comments by a number of posters here on Tenergy 05 Hard.  Really very intelligent and sound thoughts expressed.

I am interested in any specific observation concerning Tenergy 05 Hard for the backhand.  What playing tendencies would most warrant 05 Hard on the backhand and, in contrast, any sense of limitation?

Thanks very much to our great and smart posters!
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2019 at 12:08am
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Truly excellent and very helpful comments by a number of posters here on Tenergy 05 Hard.  Really very intelligent and sound thoughts expressed.

I am interested in any specific observation concerning Tenergy 05 Hard for the backhand.  What playing tendencies would most warrant 05 Hard on the backhand and, in contrast, any sense of limitation?

Thanks very much to our great and smart posters!

If you are back hand dominant player who has full wing Bh attack effectively, then T05H is ideal for you. T05 normal is too weak for that specific style.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2019 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I have been using this rubber for a month. This is the 1st Tenergy that I really like (never was a fan of T05).

My opinions on blade matches with T05 hard
  1. I guess all-wood blades would work well (as the rubber is really powerful)
  2. re: composite ALC blades, I would put this on a blade with a soft outer layer. I find that this rubber works much better with the Zhang Jike ALC than with TB-ALC (to me, generally and at same weights, hardness rankings are as follows: TB-ALC > Viscaria > ZJK-ALC). Short game is excellent with ALC blades & so are opening loops (spinnier than with T05). Loop-loop from mid-distance might require a bit more effort (which, when put in, creates more powerful stroke than with T05).
  3. I would not put this on ZLC blades - would not get good enough dwell on medium-soft strokes (IMHO, ZLC blades (relative to ALC blades) generally offer great dwell on very hard strokes but not so good dwell on medium-soft strokes).
  4. It might work great with boosting (though I have not tried it yet).
I've played on both TB ALC and ZJK ALC and they're the same, koto feels nice with T05H. Agreed to not put on any harder. T05H isn't that much harder to use than T05, but is a lot crispier and faster. On the BH it's a different story but on the FH it's a safe option to use if you have half a good topspin
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2019 at 5:49am
Kevin, i see you switched to G-1 on BH. What's the difference with T05? 
TB ALC 86gr + D09c/T05
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/03/2019 at 9:23pm
I finally picked up a sheet of T05 Hard. I put it on my handmade hinoki alc blade. My regular forehand rubber is T80. Current playing level is probably around USATT2000. I've played regular T05 in the past and always found it it too bouncy and had some control issues when playing higher level players. I don't have any of those problems with T80. I just had the opportunity to get a deal a sheet of T05H, so I figured why not? 

I've played 3 sessions so far, with T05H. Initially, I didn't like it very much. Toward the middle of the third session, I finally started to get the hang of it. I would say this rubber is much different than T80 and it took some adjustment. When playing it feels like big strokes would be most effective with this rubber, but actually short hard compact strokes work best. It feels counterintuitive. Also, the arch of the trajectory is much flatter than T80, but the spin is very high. Where as T80 and T05 have a big arch and then dip at the end, T05H is more of a straight line with a dip at the end. My opponents were at first were having some trouble receiving it even during warm ups. 

Previous reviews had mentioned less spin on serves than T05. I find that with T05H, I can impart significant spin on serves, more so than with T80 and even T05. Serving and pushing were the two things that I saw an immediate improvement with. T05 and T05H are both very spinney in service, but T05H for me is much easier to keep the serves low and tight. I also find that I can make ridiculously heavy fast pushes with T05H and  keep nearly 100% of them on the table. When I do that with T80, sometimes they go long. Drop shots are also super easy with T05H and I can make some really crazy angles here as well. Flicks and opening short balls, I haven't quite gotten zoned in here yet, but I'm sure it will be good once I get it down. 

Looping and hitting are very good, but I find myself missing the catapult feeling of T80. T05H requires a lot more effort to make huge loops and drives. With T80, its almost effortless. With boosted T80 its shocking sometimes. I hardly do anything and I'm blasting out crazy fast spinney balls. With T05H, what you put in is what you get out. I find T05H very good when playing close to the table, but once you get a few meters back, it does take more effort. Keep in mind, I've only used T05H for 3 sessions so far. I'm still getting the hang of it. Its a very good rubber, but I may go back to T80. I haven't decided yet. I may also give this a go on the backhand side. I think it would work very well there for me. Eventually, after a couple months I'll also try boosting it.  I will update when/if I have anymore thoughts. 

Edited by ericd937 - 04/03/2019 at 9:31pm
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 4:51am
sounds a bit like it has the advantages and disadvantages of H3 Neo
blahness View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 4:59am
Originally posted by Fabian1890 Fabian1890 wrote:

sounds a bit like it has the advantages and disadvantages of H3 Neo

Except it has a much "nicer" price level Wink
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 9:05am
Hi,

To take one step back (or up, or down) and view the base technology platforms from Butterfly at the high performance end of the offensive rubbers, one is struck by the diversity.  

Using the rubber and the sponge as technology structures, we have this

TENERGY  Topsheet: Tenergy (05, 25, 64, 80 versions)
Sponge: Spring sponge

TENERGY FX Topsheet:  Tenergy (05, 25, 64, 80 versions)
Sponge:  Spring sponge (FX version)

TENERGY 05 Hard Topsheet:  Tenergy 
Sponge: Spring sponge (Hard version)

DIGNICS Topsheet: Dignics
Sponge: Spring sponge X

TENERGY 09c Topsheet: Tenergy
Sponge: Spring sponge (09c version - presumably)

This spectrum is remarkable.

Thanks,

Edited by DonnOlsen - 04/04/2019 at 9:06am
Tenergy: Two weeks of heaven, followed by three months of excellence, then, a nice rubber.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 9:32am
Mr Olson, do you have any idea when they will release Tenergy 09c? Also, I'm wondering when they will release the variants of Dignics. I heard they are releasing the whole line of Dignics 05, 64, 80, and 25. 
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/04/2019 at 9:45am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Mr Olson, do you have any idea when they will release Tenergy 09c? Also, I'm wondering when they will release the variants of Dignics. I heard they are releasing the whole line of Dignics 05, 64, 80, and 25. 

No; despite an extensive effort through my contacts, there seems no information on the release schedule that is available.

By the fact that Butterfly has not announced publicly that Timo Boll is using Tenergy 09c, it suggests it is in a comparatively distance future.  Also, we and Butterfly are under the influence of the most major rubber equipment release, in the form of Dignics, in over 10 years that the absorption capacity of the buying public is strained.

Our excellent EJ historians may be able to give us a clue on the release times of the other Dignics versions, as they may be available in similar time frames as that realized by the Tenergy line in its history.

Thanks,
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2019 at 1:08am
After playing T05 Hard for about a week. I went back to T80 on forehand. T80 requires a lot less precision and has more safety for me on the forehand side. T05 Hard is a bit too direct for me on that wing. I hadn't been playing well for the last week and went 5-1 at a pretty good club yesterday. T05 Hard is significantly different than the other rubbers in the Tenergy series and requires a good deal of adjustment to play at a high level. 

However, I tried T05 Hard on the backhand side yesterday and I was absolutely crushing it. My backhand stroke is generally a lot smaller, tighter, and quicker than my forehand stroke which absolutely suits T05Hard. I'll give it a second run this evening when I play. 
DonnOlsen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2019 at 8:11am
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

After playing T05 Hard for about a week. I went back to T80 on forehand. T80 requires a lot less precision and has more safety for me on the forehand side. T05 Hard is a bit too direct for me on that wing. I hadn't been playing well for the last week and went 5-1 at a pretty good club yesterday. T05 Hard is significantly different than the other rubbers in the Tenergy series and requires a good deal of adjustment to play at a high level. 

However, I tried T05 Hard on the backhand side yesterday and I was absolutely crushing it. My backhand stroke is generally a lot smaller, tighter, and quicker than my forehand stroke which absolutely suits T05Hard. I'll give it a second run this evening when I play. 

Thank you for these helpful observations.
MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2019 at 8:26am
I concluded the same about T05H, backhand only, so did the guys at tabletennisdaily. To be fair, you could get MX-S or G-1 to do a similar job for a lot less money, or if you crave the power of T05H on harder shots, OVII Asia or tour. 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2019 at 8:44am
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

I concluded the same about T05H, backhand only, so did the guys at tabletennisdaily. To be fair, you could get MX-S or G-1 to do a similar job for a lot less money, or if you crave the power of T05H on harder shots, OVII Asia or tour. 

I only paid 350k Vietnam Dong for my T05H, which is like 13 or 14 usd. Its the sheet the shop made from the cutoffs left over after they install peoples rubbers. It doesn't get much cheaper than that. lol I just wanted to test it out. I have both real sheets of T80 and sheets made from the cutoffs. I don't really notice much difference other than the sheets made from the cut offs are more prone to chipping in the middle rather than only around the edges. They perform nearly identically to a new sheet. They are good for training and day to day play, just can't use them in tournaments. 

Also, I just ended up playing doubles in my apartment complex for a bit this afternoon. The other players are only around 1400 to 1700 level. I can play them with pretty much any decent rubber. No new information to report today about playing it on the backhand. 

Edited by ericd937 - 04/08/2019 at 8:50am
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2019 at 11:07am
I currently play with 2 T05H. Can someone let the forum members know if Dignics is really worth the extra money, worth the switch? I am tempted to try but I would really like someone to answer the question: IS DIGNICS BETTER THAN TENERGY????

Shocked
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2019 at 11:45am
Originally posted by taczkid taczkid wrote:

I currently play with 2 T05H. Can someone let the forum members know if Dignics is really worth the extra money, worth the switch? I am tempted to try but I would really like someone to answer the question: IS DIGNICS BETTER THAN TENERGY????

Shocked

I'll be trying to answer that very question for myself tomorrow.  Given that everyone plays differently, you may just have to get a sheet to figure it out for yourself.  It is purpored to be a bit more durable than Tenergy, so in terms of cost, it should not be hugely different.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 9:30am
Tonight was my third session with T05H on my backhand after not loving it on the forehand. Its not bad and it does have some advantages, but I honestly don't love it on the backhand either. Its just so damn direct. I guess I prefer the bigger arch of my normal rubbers. I'm not used to it and its a lot of adjustment to play with T05H. I'm not sure that its worth the effort. I'm going to give it a few more days and then put a couple thin layers of booster on it. Its just feels so hard on some types of shots and its not very forgiving at all should you make less than perfect contact. 

Edited by ericd937 - 04/09/2019 at 9:32am
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/09/2019 at 3:34pm

I felt similar after switching from T05 on both sided to T05H on both sides. But I gave it a month and once I adjusted I play much better with T05Hard. I have better touch, more power and spin. Also it gives more trouble to my opponents.

I would recommend you stick with it for about 1 month, if then u don't like it its simply not a rubber for u.

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 8:14am
Well, I boosted the T05 Hard. Its a totally different rubber now. My initial impressions are very good, but I'll need a few sessions to give a clear review. I played it on forehand today, where I hated it before. Very good now. The only downside so far is you lose some of the extreme control that was gained in the short game, but that was to be expected. 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2019 at 11:17pm
Nope, I still hate it. It feels like a brick around the net and now it has too much catapult and even lower dwell time requiring even more precision. If anyone is in Vietnam, you can have it for free.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic