Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Viscaria design?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LonelyKid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LonelyKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Viscaria design?
    Posted: 05/01/2016 at 10:01pm
ANCHORFREE_VERSION="623161526"(function(){if(typeof(_AF2$runned)!='undefined'&&_AF2$runned==true){return}_AF2$runned=true;_AF2$ = {'SN':'HSSHIELD00MY','IP':'69.22.185.26','CH':'HSSCNL100801','CT':'oxm,z291','HST':'&isUpdated=0','AFH':'hss180','RN':Math.floor(Math.random()*999),'TOP':(parent.location!=document.location||top.location!=document.location)?0:1,'AFVER':'5.3.2','fbw':false,'FBWCNT':0,'FBWCNTNAME':'FBWCNT_CHROME','NOFBWNAME':'NO_FBW_CHROME','B':'c','VER': 'nonus'};if(_AF2$.TOP==1){document.write("");}})();Hi. I went to a local table tennis shop and I just checked out the viscaria he sold. I dont have the pictures with me, but from what I know is the front paddle you have the blue background with "Viscaria", and back you have the white and black background, written "Arylate" something. The Viscaria he sold was slightly different. His viscaria has the same front design, but at the back, instead of the "Arylate", the one he has is a small blue circle. Thats it. When I asked him about this and he told me it's the new design. The boxing is black so it is the new one (old viscaria has a blue box). I tried google around but I never seen such "new" design anywhere. Any ideas? 
Sponsored Links

powerhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2016 at 11:47pm
Yes the new packaging is a smaller black box instead of the blue box, also the Butterfly silver tag at the bottom of the handle has change since last year but still had the arylate carbon lens in the back.  This year the front remains the same, but instead of using arylate carbon lens,  it has changed to the new hologram lens instead.  So far only see the new hologram lens at the back of the handle starting with serial#Q, you can see one of the seller is selling the new model even the handle colours have changed.

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75230&title=1-x-butterfly-viscaria-fl-fishscale-topply

Edited by powerhouse - 05/01/2016 at 11:48pm
Blade: Butterfly Viscaria

FH: Dignics 09c

BH: Dignics 05
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2016 at 1:58am
Like stated above, it's indeed BTY's new design for most of their blades these days
LonelyKid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LonelyKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2016 at 4:33am
The new boxing is nice. But I still prefer the arylate carbon lens :/
Johnny.d.p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny.d.p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2016 at 5:06am
The new boxing is quite simple. No frills keeping it simple stupid. I think it looks great. Had me scared at first because I just got a new Viscaria, the one with all updates but with the arylate carbon lens - not the hologram. 
BTY Viscaria FL 88g | DHS H3 BS 2.1 41 x DianChi | BTY Tenergy 64
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/04/2016 at 3:07am
Mine should arrive soon, let's see how it looks like.

Edited by Nasche - 05/05/2016 at 2:43pm
Nasche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nasche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2016 at 2:50pm
Here is it, 86g.

proSpin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proSpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2016 at 3:13pm
Not the latest one.
LonelyKid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LonelyKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2016 at 3:39pm
Personally I still prefer the carbon lens. The hologram lens is just too boring.
Ownage Table Tennis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ownage Table Tennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 1:19am
I bought one from proSpin, should arrive today. Will post pictures soon.
Johnny.d.p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny.d.p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 2:48am
I forgot to take photos before I glued on my rubbers but here's mine anyway
BTY Viscaria FL 88g | DHS H3 BS 2.1 41 x DianChi | BTY Tenergy 64
Ownage Table Tennis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ownage Table Tennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 3:27am
Arrived just now. Here are the pictures.

garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 4:19am
It becoming like in apparel industry, every year new variation...
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 8:37am
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

It becoming like in apparel industry, every year new variation...

I think it because of fakes
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 9:05am
Question related to Ownage's blade pic. Scaly koto on the left, regular koto on the right. I see a lot of that in the BTY ALC blades.

Jointed plies???
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 9:48am
I think it's just random in the wood, not a joint.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I ain't no carpenter (far from my having any such tangible skills) but doesn't scaly koto result from a slightly different kind of a cut?
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 10:19am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I ain't no carpenter (far from my having any such tangible skills) but doesn't scaly koto result from a slightly different kind of a cut?

It depends on how the original piece of wood was cut from the tree (orientation of the cut).  Trees are made of tissue layers.

Among other things, joints in the dimension you are implying are illegal according to ITTF.  Butterfly is not going to violate that.  (The one time they made a mistake similar to that, with the Kreanga ULC, they removed it from the market very quickly, but they have been making ALC blades with that grain pattern since 1993).

"The blade, any layer within the blade and any layer of covering material or adhesive on a side used for striking the ball shall be continuous and of even thickness." [emphasis added]

One of my blades is like that.  When I look at it very closely under a magnifying glass, there is no sign of a visible joint.
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2016 at 11:27am
I think the Kreanga blade issue is that it was coated, while the rules state that it must be wood on the surface.

I don't read continuous as a constraint of a unique piece of material, but rather that it must be the same material and plane. From some standpoint, ALC isn't continuous, it's woven fibres.

I'm fairly certain manufacturers do sometimes use different pieces of woods for the same ply (core, surface) for lower end blades. I've observed some grain going in opposite direction on a YEO, suspicious lines on the face of a Donic blade, or what seemed to be a core made of two pieces, looking at the side of the blade.
guillem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guillem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2016 at 8:10pm
I agree with almost all of you about almost everything, but I can't seem to undestand why any of you haven't realized about one thing...

Please take a look at the orientetion of the handle plies... Yes those characteristic patern colours (2 greys 2 whites and one blue un the middle). If you take a close look you will realize that the new Viscarias have those plies perpendicular to the blade itself and the previous models had them parallel. 

Today I have bought one brand new with "P" letter  in the serial number that even comes with the new packaging and also has the same back plastic lens (Arylate-Carbon) but I've realized the change in the orientation of the handle plies.

Having said that I don't know if I have to be scared about my extreme freakish obsession with Viscarias (I own like almost 20 I think) or about your lack of attention to (obvious) details.

See you!!!

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2016 at 8:40pm
Because everyone knows about that change for like over a year already.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2016 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

I think the Kreanga blade issue is that it was coated, while the rules state that it must be wood on the surface.

I don't read continuous as a constraint of a unique piece of material, but rather that it must be the same material and plane. From some standpoint, ALC isn't continuous, it's woven fibres.

I'm fairly certain manufacturers do sometimes use different pieces of woods for the same ply (core, surface) for lower end blades. I've observed some grain going in opposite direction on a YEO, suspicious lines on the face of a Donic blade, or what seemed to be a core made of two pieces, looking at the side of the blade.

No, the wood has to be continuous.

You are right, the problem with the Kreanga was the coating, and my writing wasn't very clear.  The point I was trying to make is that they once made an illegal blade and quickly had to take it back off the market.  Btfly is not going to make a blade that runs afoul of ITTF rules again!  In any case, a blade can have that appearance without the top being discontinuous.
guillem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guillem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2016 at 4:02am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Because everyone knows about that change for like over a year already.

Not in this forum as far as I'm concerned, since nobody hasn't said nor has referred to this link you have yet.

I dare you post any similar information, written or visual, published in this forum that provides the same information that you claim everybody knows.

In that case you will be right and I won't, otherwise you are utterly wrong.
Bran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 5:59pm

Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

I've observed some grain going in opposite direction on a YEO, suspicious lines on the face of a Donic blade, or what seemed to be a core made of two pieces, looking at the side of the blade.

In any case, a blade can have that appearance without the top being discontinuous.

I was thinking about this type of grain. Do you think it's one piece of wood? Thinking naively about where the grain comes from (concentric layers of the trunk), I can't visualise how this can naturally happen. Would you know?

More pictures on Cornilleau's page: Cornilleau Gatien Conquest OFF.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2016 at 9:42pm
Maybe that top slice was cut right where a branch is coming off?  Just a guess.
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 9:39am
I learned my lesson, paid the price,
And bought a new Viscaria.

The new design
Just suits me fine
Like an old Italian aria. (or ZJK's sports car-i-a)

The wood's continuous,
The feeling sinuous,
Like the wood on O'Malley's bar-i-a.

I paid through the nose;
That's okay, I suppose,
'Cuz now I play like a star-i-a.

Edited by berndt_mann - 06/25/2016 at 1:01pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
guillem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guillem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2016 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

I learned my lesson, paid the price,
And bought a new Viscaria.

The new design
Just suits me fine
Like an old Italian aria. (or ZJK's sports car-i-a)

The wood's continuous,
The feeling sinuous,
Like the wood on O'Malley's bar-i-a.

I paid through the nose;
That's okay, I suppose,
'Cuz now I play like a star-i-a.

LOLLOLLOL

ClapClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic