Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Now proud owner of Tenergy 25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Now proud owner of Tenergy 25
    Posted: 02/06/2019 at 12:33am
First thanks for all the suggestions and comments in the thread on choosing a new Fh rubber.  Tonight at the club I  purchased a sheet of 1.9 mm Tenergy 25.  It was not an easy decision.  I was leaning toward the Stiga Mantra H.  But when you look at my play you see a odd looking guy with an odd voice who dresses oddly (even for a TT player) and plays an odd style.  How can someone like that play with something as mainstream as Stiga Mantra H.  Heck on Paddle Palace it is listed as the 8th most popular seller.  My game really demands something played only by Tibetian monks and boosted with Yak oil, but that is kind of hard to come by.  Even those obscure Chinese rubbers are played by more people than the whole USATT membership several times over.  I have never met anyone who plays with T25 and never heard of anyone good using it.  So it should fit both my playing level and the oddness of my game.   And to top it off when I got to the club they had one in stock.  I took that as a signal from the TT gods that I needed to just go ahead and  buy it.  

Initial impressions:
1.  It makes a really loud sound when hitting the ball.
2. I can't waste time before serving by picking the ball up repeatedly with the tacky topsheet.  Now I have to just bounce the ball a few times.
3. Wow, the surface stays so free of dust.  I do not have to clean it every other point.
4. First couple of hits felt different.  Not good or bad but different in no special way I can describe.  Then after a few more hits everything just felt normal like I was hitting with the Big Dipper.
5.  Did not consciously change my strokes that much.  Had to stay more active on blocking than with Dipper, but I try to do that anyway.  Maybe a little more forward and more closed for looping underspin.  But again I have been trying to do that more with the Big Dipper too.  Dipper does seem to let me get away with finer brushing contact, but that produces a high weak ball that I need to avoid anyway
6.  Serves seemed to work same without any adjustment.

Conclusions
1.  I am totally oblivious to how I really hit the ball
2.  I am the most adaptable TT player in the world who plays exactly as poorly with any blade or inverted rubber he happens to pick up.
3. If I really do like Tenergy 25 I am going to have to eat just rice and beans for 3 months so I can afford another sheet for my spare racket.

Mark - Am I officially an EJ yet.
Sponsored Links

Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 12:45am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

First thanks for all the suggestions and comments in the thread on choosing a new Fh rubber.  Tonight at the club I  purchased a sheet of 1.9 mm Tenergy 25.  It was not an easy decision.  I was leaning toward the Stiga Mantra H.  But when you look at my play you see a odd looking guy with an odd voice who dresses oddly (even for a TT player) and plays an odd style.  How can someone like that play with something as mainstream as Stiga Mantra H.  Heck on Paddle Palace it is listed as the 8th most popular seller.  My game really demands something played only by Tibetian monks and boosted with Yak oil, but that is kind of hard to come by.  Even those obscure Chinese rubbers are played by more people than the whole USATT membership several times over.  I have never met anyone who plays with T25 and never heard of anyone good using it.  So it should fit both my playing level and the oddness of my game.   And to top it off when I got to the club they had one in stock.  I took that as a signal from the TT gods that I needed to just go ahead and  buy it.  

Initial impressions:
1.  It makes a really loud sound when hitting the ball.
2. I can't waste time before serving by picking the ball up repeatedly with the tacky topsheet.  Now I have to just bounce the ball a few times.
3. Wow, the surface stays so free of dust.  I do not have to clean it every other point.
4. First couple of hits felt different.  Not good or bad but different in no special way I can describe.  Then after a few more hits everything just felt normal like I was hitting with the Big Dipper.
5.  Did not consciously change my strokes that much.  Had to stay more active on blocking than with Dipper, but I try to do that anyway.  Maybe a little more forward and more closed for looping underspin.  But again I have been trying to do that more with the Big Dipper too.  Dipper does seem to let me get away with finer brushing contact, but that produces a high weak ball that I need to avoid anyway
6.  Serves seemed to work same without any adjustment.

Conclusions
1.  I am totally oblivious to how I really hit the ball
2.  I am the most adaptable TT player in the world who plays exactly as poorly with any blade or inverted rubber he happens to pick up.
3. If I really do like Tenergy 25 I am going to have to eat just rice and beans for 3 months so I can afford another sheet for my spare racket.

Mark - Am I officially an EJ yet.
Mark, I've been using Tenergy 25 1.9 on my BH for a while now. I was using it when we played each other when you were visiting us at SPTTC.
ustabletennisresults.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408008237063185
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 12:56am
That confirms how oblivious I am.  If it suits someone of your caliber, then it must not be good for me.  If it did not cost so much I would go out and rip it off my blade right now.

Mark
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 10:08am
Mark,  I think I have seen some of your playing videos a while back but don't know how to search for it.  Could you post a link to any of them.  Thanks.  Tom
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 10:37am
Hope this works -  At SPTTC tournament last Sept.

Edited by mjamja - 02/06/2019 at 10:44am
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 10:49am

You should have found the match where you brought the junior player to tears because he couldn’t/didn’t adjust to your short pips. Lol. On a side note he has gotten less demonstrative when it’s not going his way. 
ustabletennisresults.com
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Vince64 Vince64 wrote:

You should have found the match where you brought the junior player to tears because he couldn’t/didn’t adjust to your short pips. Lol. On a side note he has gotten less demonstrative when it’s not going his way. 

It was my tactical brilliance and not the pips.  Just before we started I whispered, "No Christmas presents if you beat Santa".  Best tactic ever for dealing with the U10 crowd.

Kris Kringle ( err mjamja)
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/06/2019 at 11:06am

good view.  Reason I asked for it is to see if the T25 really fit your FH since you said it was expensive (and it is).   It was my favourite FH rubber from the Tenergy series but have not used it for quite a while because of the cost and my focus to use more loop drives (vs. flat hitting).  Not saying it does not fit your FH but whether you should get another piece should depend on whether it could last 2X of other rubbers (such as the Mantra H). This is all on the premise that cost matters.
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 7:29pm

That confirms how oblivious I am.  If it suits someone of your caliber, then it must not be good for me.  If it did not cost so much I would go out and rip it off my blade right now.

Mark

Mjamja, HE uses it on his BH, you on your FH....

I think T25 will suit you. Just keep robbing those banks out west and you will be fine.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 7:46pm
So, how is the rubber working out for you so far? I also wanted to try Tenergy 25, but its not a very popular rubber in Vietnam. So unpopular in fact, that most of the shops don't even carry it. They have the entire range of Tenergy rubbers, but no 25 or 25fx. They also only stock max sponge over here. Its difficult to get the thin stuff. 
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 8:24pm
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Such a familiar feeling...

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 8:58pm
Mjamja at 4:30 to 4:50 ish.

But who did I spy with my little eye behind on table 4?
Non-other than Patrick Moore...
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Good observation catching Mr. Moore in the back ground with the chopping. You will him in plenty of Spttc league videos
ustabletennisresults.com
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/07/2019 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by vanjr vanjr wrote:

Here's another with Patrick Moore on table 3.

ustabletennisresults.com
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2019 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

If you quote the post containing the video you can see "hZ0ZZhv0ogA?t=17041"

Use an & instead of the ?

the time stamp does not work when embedding apparently.

Thanks, Fatt. Yes that was the time that I thought I was pointing to.

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic