Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ovtcharov No.1 Senso Blade TTDaily review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ovtcharov No.1 Senso Blade TTDaily review
    Posted: 09/06/2019 at 1:05pm
Dan reviewed Ovtcharov no1 Senso blade with Dima. It seems veery good with a great touch and feeling, anyone of you ever tried this blade?

Thumbs Up  

Edited by Jackcerry - 09/06/2019 at 1:06pm
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 3:50pm
i have. Basically a rebranded Fang Bo Carbon / HL5 with a different handle.
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 4:05pm
how is it compared to Timo boll alc? 
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 4:09pm
Even that video got my EJ juices going.

The idea of 2 layers of wood before the carbon seems reasonable. The weight at 85g too seems similar to what I'm using, tho.
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
808ponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 808ponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2019 at 9:50pm
Maybe this compares most to Butterfly Innerforce ALc
BTY Harimoto Stiga DNA M
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2019 at 6:09am
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2019 at 8:12am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

i have. Basically a rebranded Fang Bo Carbon / HL5 with a different handle.

I disagree, I have played with FBC for a long time and No.1 is different, much better actually.
Feels more controlable and hardness and flex seem more balanced. The feel is better.
But they are very flexible blades with limba, so overall characteristic is similar.
KomiTTa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KomiTTa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 1:40am
What rubbers was Dan using in the video? I feel it's inapropriate to ask about Dima's rubbers.
And what were the balls they were playing with?

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 2:27am
Dan was using a rubber with a blue sponge. So probably bluefire? I guess Dima just used his normal setup.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 6:42am
Both in this video were using bluefire but don't know which one the z1 or the z1 turbo
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH
ghostzen View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostzen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 6:51am
Agreed probably one of the Bluestorm's definitely for promo reasons I would think.

Anybody tried the blade yet with that setup? 
changing rhythm View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote changing rhythm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 7:23pm
I've tried the blade. It was a friends and the rubbers were Donic Vario (a classic rubber similar to flextra). The blade was very high quality, more so than ML5, but they both played more or less the same. Only differences were the quality of carbon, which increases the sweet spot; this was higher on the Donic Blade, and the handle because the handle was senso (hollow) I felt very comfortable in knowing whether or not a shot would go on.
Somehow I play a short pips game with inverted rubber

Donic Waldner Senso Carbon
Barracuda 1.8 for BH
Barracuda 2.0 for FH

Dreaming about tenergy
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2019 at 10:50pm
If I had to bet No.1 senso plays close to W968. I had the regular No1 when it first came out and it reminded me of HL5 . I dont know if you guys remember or saw it  but there was a video floating around a couple years ago of Ma Long giving Dima some DHS blades. Betting Dima uses those and had Donic copy them or Donic had DHS make these new blades.

Edited by jpenmaster - 09/14/2019 at 10:50pm
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Jackcerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackcerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2019 at 5:03pm
 Just bought the Ovtcharov n1 senso. It’s less stiff than Timo Boll alc and you can feel better the ball, also a bit slower so you can control the ball better, you will never miss a shot or make unforced errors like with Timo alc (that is one of the best blades around). the weight is more on the head but it’s easy to use, you can but more power on the ball, and it really makes the difference for the forehand with poly balls.I ’ll definitely switch from Timo alc to this new Donic Blade
guni4you View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guni4you Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2019 at 9:10am
If this is similar to w968 then for sure w968 goes well with euro/jap rubbers.Some people are like w968 feels very mushy with euro/jap rubbers on forehand.Does w968 with rubbers like t05 hard?
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

If I had to bet No.1 senso plays close to W968. I had the regular No1 when it first came out and it reminded me of HL5 . I dont know if you guys remember or saw it  but there was a video floating around a couple years ago of Ma Long giving Dima some DHS blades. Betting Dima uses those and had Donic copy them or Donic had DHS make these new blades.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic