Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

[Penhold] Tibhar Custom Blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Penhold] Tibhar Custom Blades
    Posted: 05/13/2019 at 10:39am
Hello fellow forum members!

For participation in the "Ask Tibhar Owner for a Chance to Win a Prize" thread here at MyTT; To my delight, i was informed through Email that I won!
Contest Thread
Mr Berg with his answers

Disclaimer: Kindly note that this is not a paid advertisement. Prizes given were all to my own discretion.

A quick walk-through of events:
- TT11 posted a thread here on MyTT organising this Q&A
- After a few weeks when questions were answered, I was contacted through Email that I won
- Mr Berg was in contact with congratulatory wishes, and put me into discussion with his colleague, Mr Christoph Wagner for equipment requests.
- Christoph had been extremely helpful and knowledgeable as we exchanged discussions about blades and materials
- With so much enthusiasm going on, Tibhar graciously acceded to my requests and sent me 10 blades in total!! With 6 variations! At no cost to me! Though delighted, I'm still shell-shocked!

My very heartfelt and sincere thanks especially to Tibhar, Mr Berg and Christoph for their exceeding kindness and immense generosity! ClapSmile
Thank you to TT11 and Alexander for organising and making this whole thing possible. And also to MyTT.net for the platform to host.

It is most encouraging to see T.T. brands and manufacturers really engaging with us enthusiasts here. The purpose of my thread, to the least I could do, is to give a shout-out to them. And to my fellow penholders, pictures ahead! Smile

Variant 1 CPEN :
(Walnut - Spruce - Ayous Core - Spruce - Walnut) 2 blades

Variant 2 CPEN :
(Limba - ZLC - Kiri Core - ZLC - Limba) 2 blades

Variant 3 CPEN :
(Koto - ALC - Kiri Core - ALC - Koto) 1 blade

Variant 4 CPEN :
(Limba - ALC - Kiri Core - ALC - Limba) 3 blades

Variant 5 JPEN:
(Hinoki - ZLC - Kiri Core - ZLC - Hinoki) 1 blade

Variant 6 JPEN:
(Hinoki - ZLC - Double Kiri Core - ZLC - Hinoki) 1 blade

Cheers guys! Smile
Sponsored Links

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2019 at 11:00pm
Does it mean that Tibhar is starting to make also C-Pen and J-Pen? It would be nice to see the specifications.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2019 at 3:32am
Hello Aeoliah,

Did you mean for custom blades? I think Tibhar already makes CPENs and made JPENs quite sometime ago. I too wish, they had a custom blade to order option. I believe it will be quite a hit!

As to you request, I quickly measured the CPEN blade face and it was 161 x 150 cm. The handle is more to the slim side, which is good if you play RPB.

By the way, how is the Soulspin roots blade you have? Does it play well? Would like to hear from you!

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2019 at 10:40am
I visited iruiru site, and no penhold from Tibhar ( I am referring to standard penhold).
Regarding Soulspin I used Roots 4, very nice control, whilst Roots 9 is faster. What I do not like from Soulspin penhold is that the handle is too fat.
My current favourite is Acoustic Carbon, fast and nice sound. Palatinus Virtuoso CRWI has a nice sound too.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/15/2019 at 3:29pm
I see. There are a couple of Tibhar Penhold blades on TT11. 
I totally agree! I tried an inner carbon acoustic from a friend. It was about 88g, one of the nicest feeling, perhaps the most consistent and stable feeling I've ever tried in a Penhold blade. The power is both adequate and linear. ~ Great choice! Smile
Simas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2019 at 7:59am
wow, that's very nice of them. I think they should start all over again in that case :) !!!
Stiga Offensive Classic Legend
DHS Hurricane Neo3
Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2019 at 10:06am
Yes indeed. Hahaha! Let's see! Eyes wide open for their next event(s)!! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic