Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pls, suggest me a nittaku blade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2013 at 3:12am
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

May be a little late advise but i have large palms and thanks to Nexy & now tabletennis11 who have large handles which i really love.

+1. Just got two L-Size ST handle Violins from tabletennis11.com to replace my old ones and their ST handles is among the most comfortables that I ever held.
Never had L-Size Violins from nexy.com but according to reports the blade face of those was smaller than of regular Violins, while the ones from tabletennis11.com are the same size.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Sponsored Links

kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2013 at 3:23am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

violin is a very light blade with great flex and dwell time. it is more stiff but softer than the acoustic.

Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

I prefer Violin (I have both Acoustic and Violin). Violin has a harder feel.
Peter, how was the competition going ? I wish you luck !

ah, i forgot. when testing i only tried counterlooping off the table briefly so that may explain the difference in experience: 

white ash vs limba is stiffer, harder, and has a higher modulus of elasticity, but the kiri core in violin is significantly softer and more flexible than both its outer plies and acoustic's center ply (either supposed wood tung tree or ayous). taken as a whole, shots penetrating through the entire racket may feel different since the combination will change the overall feel regardless of individual plies' properties.

nittaku also lists the violin as being soft while the acoustic is medium hardness, which is what i experienced. acoustic felt about as hard as the TB ALC
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2013 at 9:57pm
Thanks for your purchase Arg0. Great to hear the blades are to your liking, we rate the Violin blades very highly! :)
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by tabletennis11 tabletennis11 wrote:

The Acoustic and Violin are both great blades with a lot of touch and feeling but if you are used to more offensive game then they might not have the amount of speed you want. If you sit tight, the Acoustic Carbon is being released by Nittaku in Jan 2014 which will encompass the same touch and control with added speed.

Can't wait for that Accoustic carbon.  Will it have large handle as well?

After that, Violin carbon ?  Big smile
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Can't wait for that Accoustic carbon.  Will it have large handle as well?
After that, Violin carbon ?  Big smile

Acutally, yes! Clap I enquired with Nittaku and they replied that they do have plans for a Violin Carbon, but no announcements yet. So let's wait and see. I also told them about how comfortable the large handles are and they kindly acklowledged. So at least they know, now it all depends on marketing decisions.
Join the Nexy Clan!
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 2:55am
Violin is already good, it's a blade which is good at everything. It can direct the ball where ever you want during tense rally in the match. Balance between attack and defend.
Adding Carbon layer will only add the attacking power, while defend wouldn't be so easy.

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 4:24am
Just imagine adding carbon to a real violin. Or using natural bone glue for attaching the carbon layer. The whole Nittaku musical instruments philosophy goes to hell...
peter234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 4:46am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Yep Avalox P500 is the same blade as Runlox-5 and is a bargain but the Runlox has nicer finish and a rosewood handle.

Hi, Frogger,  
What is the price of Nikutta Runlox-5
I find their Price beyond USD 83 in some sites.

Lalicat Browser
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 5:09am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Well after I manage to go though the knock out stage, I face a Cpen who use Dr Neubauer Monster on his forehand and Palio inverted rubber guy.
I lost to him, he is a better player, pretty hard to play against pips. When I slow loop he block the ball with his pips very high the return, when I smash it goes to net, I know my mistake after the match, I must smash as if the ball goes out, must open the angle more.
Well it's a lesson for me to learn LOL
If I don't know the opponent too well, I start with this SOP against the LP side

I start serve = slow-deep-straight (no sidespin)-light underspin.
Blocked return or forced push, I respond using drive with light topspin.
blocked return, I do heavy spin but high loop.
Blocked return, I push with light underspin.
Blocked return, back to start again = drive with light topspin.

If the opponent is a pushblocker, his main effort will be to put you off balance/out of position so that you can't maintain the sequence.

My biggest problem with these guys is that I get bored in the middle of the match, as win or lose, I never enjoy the experience.LOL

Blade: Butterfly Revoldia CNF - FH: Butterfly Dignics 05, BH: Butterfly Dignics 05

Delusion is an asset
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 7:57am

I face a Cpen who use Dr Neubauer Monster on his forehand
Just on a side note: did he play Dr. Neubauer Monster or Monster Classis? The Monster is a frictionless pip and banned now but it would explain your mistakes by hitting in the net.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 8:34am
Originally posted by peter234 peter234 wrote:

Yep Avalox P500 is the same blade as Runlox-5 and is a bargain but the Runlox has nicer finish and a rosewood handle.

Hi, Frogger,  
What is the price of Nikutta <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Runlox-5? </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I find their Price beyond USD 83 in some sites.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

It looks like the price of Runlox just went up to $96USD! Yikes, that's expensive for an all wood blade. Save money and get a Avalox P500.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Well after I manage to go though the knock out stage, I face a Cpen who use Dr Neubauer Monster on his forehand and Palio inverted rubber guy.
I lost to him, he is a better player, pretty hard to play against pips. When I slow loop he block the ball with his pips very high the return, when I smash it goes to net, I know my mistake after the match, I must smash as if the ball goes out, must open the angle more.
If I don't know the opponent too well, I start with this SOP against the LP side

If the opponent is a pushblocker, his main effort will be to put you off balance/out of position so that you can't maintain the sequence.

My biggest problem with these guys is that I get bored in the middle of the match, as win or lose, I never enjoy the experience.LOL

The problem is when I loop very spinny, then he block I know I must push, when I push, the backspin is so strong that it goes to net. I miss judge the amount of the spin coming back from my own ball.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 9:24am

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

The problem is when I loop very spinny, then he block I know I must push, when I push, the backspin is so strong that it goes to net. I miss judge the amount of the spin coming back from my own ball.

It happens to all of us.
As you know already, best thing is to find an LP player to practise. Most LP players EJ on their pips so you'll get to know the characteristics of most of them soon enough.Smile
In competition, the only thing is to push then loop until you get it right and hope that you are still in the match by then.LOL
Blade: Butterfly Revoldia CNF - FH: Butterfly Dignics 05, BH: Butterfly Dignics 05

Delusion is an asset
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 9:56am

Originally posted by peter234 peter234 wrote:

Hi, Frogger,  
What is the price of Nikutta <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Runlox-5? </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I find their Price beyond USD 83 in some sites.</span>

It looks like the price of Runlox just went up to $96USD! Yikes, that's expensive for an all wood blade. Save money and get a Avalox P500.

It's your fault, Frogger.Wink
You shouldn't have given the impression that the blade was at a bargain price. You have caused Nittaku to join the greedy set.
The price at tabletennis11 is now 66euros +20%VAT = £67
I paid less than £50 inc VAT and P&P earlier this year from the same source.

Delusion is an asset
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

I face a Cpen who use Dr Neubauer Monster on his forehand
Just on a side note: did he play Dr. Neubauer Monster or Monster Classis? The Monster is a frictionless pip and banned now but it would explain your mistakes by hitting in the net.

It's Monster, oh it's frictionless pip, no wonder it's very heavy if I want to loop the second time.
No wonder it's banned but here people still use banned rubbers.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 12:59am
How is P500/Runlox-5 compared to Violin? Which one is spinier with H3? Fast loop drive, blocking?

Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

+3, 3rd nomination for Nittaku Runlox-5.  Superb Off- blade that gets few reviews but sounds every bit as what you ask for.
right2niru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 1:05am
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

How is P500/Runlox-5 compared to Violin? Which one is spinier with H3? Fast loop drive, blocking?

Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

+3, 3rd nomination for Nittaku Runlox-5.  Superb Off- blade that gets few reviews but sounds every bit as what you ask for.

Hands down i started with Run-lox 5 and moved on to Violin ; I can definitely state from my experience they are different leagues altogether with the 40 mm ball and violin wins however i haven't tried H3 on Runlox 5 so i can't comment. Since i have played these 2 blades and i know for sure they don't play any similar so i don't understand why would you like to compare them ? 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 1:32am
To compare because higher price does not mean better. Some blades excel in certain thing and weak in others. Also some are good in many areas. It is also style and stroke that fit the blade. I like to play Chinese rubber a lot. I would not hesitate to take P500 in place of Violin if P500 gains more spin with H3.
Right now my favorite blade is $50 while Acoustic, Timo ALC, Hking & OSP are sitting on the shelf.

Since i </span>have<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> played these 2 blades and i know for sure they don't play any similar so i don't understand why would you like to compare them ? </span>

Edited by aroonkl - 12/15/2013 at 1:44am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 1:50am

To compare because higher price does not mean better. Some blades excel in certain thing and weak in others. Also some are good in many areas. It is also style and stroke that fit the blade. I like to play Chinese rubber a lot. I would not hesitate to take P500 in place of Violin if P500 gains more spin with H3.
Right now my favorite blade is $50 while Acoustic, Timo ALC, Hking & OSP are sitting on the shelf.

Since i </span>have<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> played these 2 blades and i know for sure they don't play any similar so i don't understand why would you like to compare them ? </span>

I don't think anybody here believes higher prices means better -
So please suggest your style - also in general if you are not already aware a stiff blade is good for loop drives / blocks better than a soft blade. 
ZJK SZLC |5Q+
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2013 at 5:57pm
I believe both Avalox P500 and Violin are good looper blades.I played with P500 10+ years ago. Remember it was head heavy when pair with both side Globe999. From what I read Violin should win hand down in blocking and placement. But which one has more spin with H3 and better @ loop drive.
My style is 2-side looper, high spin initiate or fast Chinese loop drive. I don't block much. Some on BH but mostly counter-loop on FH side.

So please suggest your style - also in general if you are not already aware a stiff blade is good for loop drives / blocks better than a soft blade. 
carmelomaf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2013 at 5:53pm
today ì got 2 acoustic large handle from tabletennis11

Both 89/90g

The handle is quite big and also quite strange, between FL and ST 

I like it ;)

I played 3 hours today with mxp on fh and elp on bh

good blade, soft touch, good spin and surprice really fast

I found it quite similar to virtuoso+, similar touch but faster

very good for block

sadly I'm quite disappointed after put away the rubbers I got splitter,  grrrrr I use normal waterglue

The blade is so expensive that is not acceptable

Tomorrow I need to seal, what I don't like
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2013 at 6:28pm
Both Runlox-5 and P500 are the spin friendliest blades I know of( Primorac is nice too) Tuned H3 is a spin beast on those blades. T05FX, T64FX is also very nice. Soft impact feel, not everyone will like it. Sweet spot is average not big like TBS or Maze. Better control than composite blades, subjective of course in that regard. It takes 2 coats of sealer for Runlox/P500 due to wood type. I even seal the handle then sand lightly to remove any sticky feeling.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/2013 at 6:52pm

I believe both Avalox P500 and Violin are good looper blades.I played with P500 10+ years ago. Remember it was head heavy when pair with both side Globe999. From what I read Violin should win hand down in blocking and placement. But which one has more spin with H3 and better @ loop drive.
My style is 2-side looper, high spin initiate or fast Chinese loop drive. I don't block much. Some on BH but mostly counter-loop on FH side.

aroonki,  I think the P500 has the reputation of having more spin than just about any blade in its class
(off-).  That being said, it is a "pure loopers blade" -- http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/avalox-p500.html  
You had mentioned being more of a "loop-driver" (imagining the great Ma Long strokes here Smile). Keeping that in mind, I think you would more prefer the Avalox P700, a blade I've recently switched to.  P700 is brilliant blade for driving, having tremendous feel, and stability.  The P700, in my opinion is made for continuous driving of the ball, while P500 is made for allround strategies based mostly on looping.  Hope that helps.
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2013 at 12:41am
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

The handle is quite big and also quite strange, between FL and ST 
I like it ;)
[...]
sadly I'm quite disappointed after put away the rubbers I got splitter,  grrrrr I use normal waterglue
The blade is so expensive that is not acceptable
Tomorrow I need to seal, what I don't like

It seems that Nittaku finally figured out how to make handles for people with larger hands. The Large-ST is also one of the best ST handles I ever held.

As to splintering, from my experience, water-based glue is particularly aggressive with Limba, so it's recommended to always seal. Or to use normal glue. I had similar issues with OSP blades. If a Limba blade does not splinter, it's very likely that it was sealed by the manufacturer.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2013 at 4:56pm
second session today

The feeling is getting better, very fast blade but good control especially the block

handle simply fantastic

Could you please tell me the differences with violin?

if violin is a little bit slower and provide higher arc could be interesting

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/17/2013 at 5:25pm
Ciao Carmelo,
you nailed it: that's exactly the difference between Acoustic and Violin: Violin is a bit slower and more flexible.

By the way, I've added some impressions about old and new Acoustics, Latika, and Tenor here.

Join the Nexy Clan!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2013 at 5:37am
third session on Wednesday,  played also against defender

I still think , it is a good blade, very soft vibrations giving you good feeling

I had the impression to play with a little bit slower and more flex viscaria

the throw angle is low as well

I play with mxp on fh that gives high arc on yous topspin but with acoustic is not enough

the speed is for me full off

I think a good fh combination could be with h3 

Next training in 2 weeks, I hope with violin ;)

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carmelomaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2014 at 2:14am
I got two Violins FL-L 90g and tried one with two mxp for one hour

good feeling but acoustic gives more feedback due to more soft vibrations

speed all+/off- 

I had the impression to get lower spin in comparison with Acoustic

I'm going to test and compare better the two blades during this week

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2014 at 3:16am

this is funny because the amount of spin is exactly the reason why I prefer the Violin over Acoustic. My impression is that slow shots are spinnier with Violin. The opposite is maybe true for fast shots. I'll be following your impressions with interest.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote right2niru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2014 at 3:21am
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

I got two Violins FL-L 90g and tried one with two mxp for one hour

good feeling but acoustic gives more feedback due to more soft vibrations

speed all+/off- 

I had the impression to get lower spin in comparison with Acoustic

I'm going to test and compare better the two blades during this week

MX-P is a hard rubber and Violin is stiff as well (if you are aware) ; This makes generating spin a little more difficult  - however pair a medium hard rubber on Violin and you would see the difference. 

Acoustic do give different vibrations not necessarily better .. if you like it stick to it . 
I bet lot of violin users swear by the vibrations (feel) they get from it .

ZJK SZLC |5Q+
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic