Print Page | Close Window

Best overall Quality

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: General
Forum Name: Table Tennis Quiz
Forum Description: Answer the questions and test your knowledge about table tennis.
Moderator: JimT
Assistant Moderators: mmerkel

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1868
Printed Date: 12/10/2019 at 9:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Best overall Quality
Posted By: Hinshaw
Subject: Best overall Quality
Date Posted: 04/15/2005 at 4:21pm
Whats you favorite?

Replies:
Posted By: Patmandidily
Date Posted: 04/15/2005 at 4:26pm
Butterfly has nice quality. I like Joola and Killerspin (surprisingly) too. Just personal preference.

-------------
Blade - Bastian Steger Flared (Butterfly)
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH

Date Posted: 04/15/2005 at 4:32pm
Patmandidly i heard in another forum your coach is mark norby how old are and what is you name are you good?

Posted By: holoclothes
Date Posted: 04/15/2005 at 5:52pm
Killerspin is good?

-------------
"If I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow"
BLADE: Yasaka Neptune
FH: Yasaka New Era

Posted By: yulske
Date Posted: 04/15/2005 at 8:22pm
i voted for donic...because overall they have the most consistent and durable equipment....i think stiga blades are the best but they are fragile.

-------------
clipper
magna
hammond

Posted By: alink91
Date Posted: 04/15/2005 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Hinshaw Hinshaw wrote:

Patmandidly i heard in another forum your coach is mark norby how old are and what is you name are you good?

I belive he is 15-16 years old and he plays about 1750, he went from 1600 to 1750 in half a year, thats good coaching and nice talent.

Date Posted: 04/15/2005 at 10:29pm
I think btf is the best quality due to their prices but probably not the best company overall

Posted By: Nick B
Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 6:45am
The price has nothing to do with the quality only control
over the market.

Posted By: hristo
Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 8:03am
Where is DHS???

Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 8:08am

OOOOO sorry i did not saw it:)

Posted By: rocket_luc15
Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by yulske yulske wrote:

i voted for donic...because overall they have the most consistent and durable equipment....i think stiga blades are the best but they are fragile.

Yulske, what do you mean by fragile, like not dirable???

-------------

Posted By: rocket_luc15
Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 12:40pm
Buterfly is great, but way too overpriced compared to the other table tennis companies.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by hristo hristo wrote:

Where is DHS???

no chinese rubber company desesrves to be up there.

Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 8:13pm
Eh? Lots of people prefer Chinese rubber to Japanese. Wang Liqin, Liu Guozheng, Kong Linghui and Chen Qi all use Chinese rubber. Many Asians and Africans prefer these.

Holoclothes, Killerspin stuff is pretty good (just blades, rubbers and clothes; I dislike their nets, and their tables are OK). Personally, I just dislike Killerspin for showing stuff like the SPINvitational on ESPN because whenever I mention table tennis, people say something like, "Oh, yeah. I saw that on ESPN. Those players hit the ball real fast."

Hinshaw, I'm 1750 now. My coach is Mark Nordby and I'm 16 years old. If you go to Dan Seemiller's training clinic (either one), then you could meet me, if you wanted to...

http://www.sbttc.org/sbttcclinics.htm

I don't know how many spots are still available...

-------------
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH

Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Patmandidily Patmandidily wrote:

Eh? Lots of people prefer Chinese rubber to Japanese. Wang Liqin, Liu Guozheng, Kong Linghui and Chen Qi all use Chinese rubber. Many Asians and Africans prefer these.

Holoclothes, Killerspin stuff is pretty good (just blades, rubbers and clothes; I dislike their nets, and their tables are OK). Personally, I just dislike Killerspin for showing stuff like the SPINvitational on ESPN because whenever I mention table tennis, people say something like, "Oh, yeah. I saw that on ESPN. Those players hit the ball real fast."

Hinshaw, I'm 1750 now. My coach is Mark Nordby and I'm 16 years old. If you go to Dan Seemiller's training clinic (either one), then you could meet me, if you wanted to...

http://www.sbttc.org/sbttcclinics.htm

I don't know how many spots are still available...

but the QUALITY isnt very good, chinese players prefer them because they're cheap and free if they're sponsored

Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 8:24pm
But Butterfly is free if they're sponsored too. Why would a company make Wang Liqin pay for rubber? Butterfly would kill to sponsor him...

-------------
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH

Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 10:00pm
no 2 chinese rubber are the same, they have different color sponges which each do different things. For example, orange sponge is as hard as brick.

Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 10:00pm
who voted killerspin?

Date Posted: 04/16/2005 at 10:30pm
Butterfly has different color sponge too. In fact, Butterfly advertises as having a different sponge on each rubber.

-------------
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH

Posted By: TT_Freak
Date Posted: 04/17/2005 at 4:03am
The best quality rubbers always go to the pros, thats why they have national versions, provincial versions etc.

Date Posted: 04/17/2005 at 8:48am
why are there so many votes for butterfly c'mon the only reason people think there good is cause alot of pros use it and they only use because there sponsered any one using butterfly buy a donic blade you will never go back

Date Posted: 04/17/2005 at 11:26am

why are there so many votes for butterfly c'mon the only reason people think there good is cause alot of pros use it and they only use because there sponsered any one using butterfly buy a donic blade you will never go back

ive tried btf rubber before and I liked it a lot, so I voted btf, plus if a lot of pros use it, then it must be good quality and it also indicates that sponsoring people works

Date Posted: 04/17/2005 at 11:45am
sponsoring does work no argument there

Date Posted: 04/17/2005 at 11:46am
I my opinion it should be 1. donic 2. stiga 3. joola 4. andro 5. yasaka and from there who cares. butterfly isnt even top 5

Date Posted: 04/17/2005 at 3:51pm
Hinshaw, how have you had time to even try all of those? You've been playing tournaments for not even 8 months.

-------------
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH

Date Posted: 04/17/2005 at 4:14pm

first off how do you know that, and second of all I am going by reviews and what friends tell me.

Date Posted: 04/17/2005 at 7:46pm
patmandidly can check your record on usatt and don, have you even tried andro, who told you what about andro, I dont know the slightest thing about andro other than saive is sponsored by andro.

Date Posted: 04/17/2005 at 8:37pm

In my opinion it should be 1. donic 2. stiga 3. joola 4. andro 5. yasaka and from there who cares. butterfly isnt even top 5

Why are you saying "In my opinion" if it's your friends opinions? How do you know what they're telling you is correct?

-------------
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH

Posted By: bslater5
Date Posted: 05/05/2005 at 7:09pm
I've had great luck with my Chinese equipment. I have had (at least briefly) several assorted 729 blades, a DHS blade, and a couple Galaxy blades. All looked good, seemed well made, played well, and were cheap. Some are extra nice - the Galaxy 896 is an outstanding looping blade, and the Dynasty Hinoki is as playable as anything I've tried.

I've also really enjoyed most of my Chinese rubber. Cream/MRS, Geospin, Galaxy 9000, and H3 all play very well. They aren't as bouncy as most Euro rubbers, but play well for me. Except for the Geospin, they are a bit heavy.

bes
p.s. I'm not saying that the big Japanese and Euro companies aren't fine, I just think the Chinese equipment deserves more respect than it gets from most.

Posted By: chun
Date Posted: 05/06/2005 at 1:34am

does my bryce has the same quality as Schlager's?

no TSP?..i heard that TSP Real is a d**m good rubber.

anyway i vote BTY due to its durability....

-------------
KongLingHuiSP=Bryce2.1+TibharTorpedoSoftMax
Iolite/Gergely/Gergerly 21/StigaTitanium 5.4/Schalger Carbon/Primorac Carbon/DHS H-WL/SchlagerLT
NorikoClean,StigaEnergy, TibharRapidCleanDeluxe,BESTEST

Date Posted: 05/06/2005 at 5:19am
joola is very good quality...its just not that popular

-------------
clipper
magna
hammond

Date Posted: 05/06/2005 at 6:29pm
Butterfly is the best ! Their rubbers are so durable!!

-------------

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: 05/06/2005 at 7:15pm
Stiga has been equiptment. Their Blades are by FAR the best in the world, and their rubber is very consistent, and high quality. They have nice clothes too. Also, Stiga glue is WAY better than all other glue. By a long shot

-------------
Why was I born with such contemporaries?

The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.

Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

Date Posted: 05/06/2005 at 8:29pm
yeh ill agree that stigas blades are the best....great feel but they strip quite easily and so you have to lacquer them, but thats ok.

-------------
clipper
magna
hammond

Posted By: hagens3
Date Posted: 05/07/2005 at 12:47am
I baught DHS stuff and i like the quality of it.. but the dhsamerica.com site doesnt give you nough information about their products though... :(

-------------
Blade- Galaxy 896
FH Rubber- Galaxy Milkyway 3StarsII (Black)
BH Rubber- Geospin (Red)

Date Posted: 05/07/2005 at 9:49am
Can you recomend me any Stiga rubber???For offensive play

-------------

Date Posted: 05/07/2005 at 11:54am
hristo, Mendo is very good. Stiga, I also think, is a very steadfast company that's been around for a long time and has had time to develop consistent products.

I still like Butterfly more though. Their products are consistent and the quality is very high. The price is too though. Buying some $200 blade is ridiculous

-------------
Rubber - Sriver 2.1 FH
              802-40 2.2 BH

Posted By: tt-jim
Date Posted: 05/07/2005 at 12:10pm
i play a long time butterfly and this is for me once of the best but other like joola ,andro,donic also good

-------------
The Geratest Sport in the World is......Tabletennis :-D

My Wood:Double Happiness MAGICIAN E 2 OFF
My Fh Rubber:DHS Dipper 2
My Bh Rubber:DHS Dipper 2

Posted By: vici
Date Posted: 07/12/2005 at 9:45pm
Butterfly makes decent quality equipment, but they cost about 50% - 100% more than they should, so I don't like them.

On my trip back to China last year, I managed to get my hands on some provincial version rubber (stupid salespeople, I had to burn them for 15 minutes about how much their rubber sucked before they showed the real stuff), and the feeling was AWESOME. Compare that to the rubber you get on the market, and you can understand why ppl think DHS has no quality control. They have great control; good stuff goes to provincial and national teams, the stuff that the national team throws out goes to the market.

-My experience with Stiga blades have been crap.

-------------
"Courage is ability to let go of the familiar"

Posted By: TTChattTown
Date Posted: 07/12/2005 at 10:44pm
I've only played with butterfly and donic but from what I hear from a guy in my club, that is a butterfly dealer, Butterfly has to be the best.

Posted By: ttman
Date Posted: 07/12/2005 at 10:45pm
spintech but their prices are way too high

Posted By: joey5867
Date Posted: 07/12/2005 at 10:52pm

I use TIBHAR it's great but I voted BUTTERFLY.  I accept it butterlfly is the best.  Why I don't use it?  Too high prices.

-------------
BLD: NITTAKU Sanalion S
FH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0
BH: DONIC Sonex JP 2.0

Posted By: Kenred2
Date Posted: 07/14/2005 at 4:17pm
::sigh:: I personally voted for Butterfly because of their overall quality, durability and performance.  SOmetimes, Butterfly products are really cheap, if you know sites on where to look, regardless if you think these rubbers are fraud.  But when I play with Butterfly Bryce and Shriver G2 without speed glue, it's so powerful, to make a slight touch shot, it could hit to the edge of the table, well for the Bryce.  As for the Shriver G2, it's perfect for mid-distance aggressive looping.  It's tough for me to adjust because I got use to chopping, now I want to switch my style to "attack."  I may not be the best, but I need more time to develop my techniques with the awesome quality of Butterfly, since I'll be going to Stonybrook U (this coming Fall) to attend this table tennis club there.  As for 729 blades, I love the overall quality and the prices.....I like their rediculous idea of weight distribution in the handle to produce an efficient sweet spot for the head of the blade, but hey, it works if you are using MAX sponge on both sides (decrease the weight for more "control").  Hinoki, in my opinion, is the best overall wood quality that an attack player like me can ever ask for, next to Balsa.  Their blade design is very effective and that's why I use their products on blades only, and I thank 729 for designing such a blade.  As for Juic without speed glue in MAX sponge, feels more like a DHS Hurricane 3, and little less of the Bryce on the low-throw. 

-------------
ALL of my shakehand flared customs:
1st:
729 Dynasty Hinoki Carbon->FH:SriverG2-BH:Bryce (BOTH 2.1mm sponge)
2nd:
729 Zebra Carbon Hinoki Transformer->FH:SriverG2-BH:Juic Varites (BOTH MAX sponge)

Posted By: PingPongPang
Date Posted: 07/14/2005 at 10:20pm
I voted Yasaka. But I think Nittaku and TSP are some other brands with high quality. I like TSP although currently I'm not using any of their stuff

-------------
Explorer kinetic SC
729 Higher
Sriver EL

Posted By: mrt4
Date Posted: 07/15/2005 at 8:03am

yasaka makes the best blades i think.

Not sure about rubbers though?

\R

-------------
Swedish male, playing since 1993.

Blade: Timo boll w5
forehand: Tenergy 25fx 2,1

Backhand: Energy absorber 1,6

glue: waterbased!!!!

Posted By: longpong
Date Posted: 07/17/2005 at 1:45pm

the chinese clubplayers handpic the best of the homemade stuff them selves (rubbers) ,,etc the rest goes on export..I heard this thru some chinese guy..japanese and european stuff is more well controlled,but not as cheap,...don't know about the american stuff..

-------------
Japsko allround straight
Destroyer 1.5mm black/729 2mm red (HurricaneIII red 2mm soon I hope....

Posted By: Truffel
Date Posted: 07/17/2005 at 4:10pm

I think you can't see a differnce between Andro, Butterfly and Donic because the quality status is equal. One year ago I played two Andro rubber´s and I think they were quiet ok!!

At the moment I play Stiga and they're good, but not so good as the Andro rubbers!!

-------------
CT

Posted By: isuckatTT
Date Posted: 11/03/2005 at 7:55pm
butterfly...
its quality is amazing

Posted By: hypedon
Date Posted: 01/20/2006 at 5:33pm
i really think the chinese rubbers are way under rated.

-------------
Hypedon

Posted By: duffdaddy
Date Posted: 01/20/2006 at 5:47pm

i just love friendship,

it gives (at least I think so) me the best control over the ball, that's the most important thing, i think

Posted By: 3ageeb
Date Posted: 01/20/2006 at 6:06pm
In my point of view, yasaka has the best blades and rubbers, tibhar the best shoes, butterfly the best accessories/textiles, nittaku best balls, dhs and joola and tibhar best tables, butterfly and stiga has the most sponsored players

-------------
http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saleh121007largeak1.jpg">
Ahmed Saleh-Best Player in Egypt

Posted By: YBFlash
Date Posted: 01/21/2006 at 5:49am
Butterfly is really amking quality products (blades, rubbers), but often btfy blades has lack of design. Most butterfly blades looks ugly, but quality is ok....

-------------
Blade: OSP Virtuoso+
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1

Posted By: YBFlash
Date Posted: 01/21/2006 at 6:03am
May be Stiga has less quality than Butterfly but it has good design

-------------
Blade: OSP Virtuoso+
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1

Posted By: chops
Date Posted: 01/21/2006 at 6:11am
I voted for Tibhar. The quality and price is nice.

Posted By: mola_samas
Date Posted: 01/21/2006 at 10:59am
The really best brand isnt there. It would be Nittaku!!! Their equipments are very good, even with the abusive price. Last long than btf and also have very good rubbers and blades. Its a shame its not much used outside Japan

Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 01/21/2006 at 10:11pm

i dont see nittaku , chinese are super picky and mostly use nittaku, tibhar blades are made in china also joola, several bty blades has manufacture flaws,like rough edges

Posted By: jc48573
Date Posted: 01/22/2006 at 2:15am

you guys are hella wrong.  DHS or any chinese brand should be up there, but maybe not.  i have a feeling that most of guys here play euro style so i understand how you guys feel about chinese products, so i can't really argue with you guys.  there is currently the euro and chinese style and each are quite different in terms of teaching and equipment (wutever is available to them).  the only players i know that play custom made chinese rubbers are ma lin and wang hao...hmmm...most of them are penholders who are looking for a perfect feel.  wang liqin uses the hurricane 2 rubber with blue sponge (about 45 degree), which is simply the commercial version and with that he made it to the top.  you guys should not have the right to say that chinese products are nothing compared to the brands listed above, because chinese stuff is different and they are designed for the chinese players or players who are interested in learning the chinese style.  it's just like saying that people in China learn chinese history from chinese books while people in US learn english history in books written by US people.  chinese products is simply not for everybody.  there is nothing wrong with hard rubbers because some people prefer hard sponges and i really don't understand why u guys make it sound like is wrong to play with hard sponge; it all depends on your style.  u guys should be happy that table tennis is not simply about one common thing or quality because if it was then life will be boring.  just think of it as a challenge.  hard vs. soft, spin vs. speed, chinese vs. euro, pips vs. smooth, anti vs. smooth, and so on.  who came up with this topic anyways?

-------------
Blade: Yasaka Gatien Extra, Primorac 2000 CS (traditional only)
FH: Globe 999/999T
BH: Sriver-D13-L, Sriver EL (RPB)

Posted By: darcycudmorepei
Date Posted: 10/29/2006 at 10:28am
I love Donics Blades, And Stigas Rubber.  So I said Stiga because they also have good blades.  I hate Friendship rubber! And as far as blades, I had one and it sucked but I'm sure there's better stuff out there. Butterfly would be 3rd.

-------------
http://imageshack.us">

Posted By: darcycudmorepei
Date Posted: 10/29/2006 at 10:28am

Originally posted by holoclothes holoclothes wrote:

Killerspin is good?

Haha I only like there clothes and bags Etc.

-------------
http://imageshack.us">

Posted By: Mafo
Date Posted: 12/17/2006 at 7:57am
had to go with andro
got their new plasma rubbers and they are awesome

Posted By: pingpongpaddy
Date Posted: 12/17/2006 at 8:15am
Where is Darker?

-------------
inactive dotec carbokev
darker speed 90
hinoki shake hands:
FH flarestorm MAX
bh Flarestorm 1.7

Posted By: reachie85
Date Posted: 03/13/2007 at 11:12am
if i could have 2 votes, i would vote for DHS blades, and Friendship rubber

-------------
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias

Posted By: Weixing_Yinghao
Date Posted: 03/13/2007 at 11:29am
Butterfly is best, but I miss dr neabauer that`s quality blades!

-------------
Blade: 729 Carbon ALL+.
Rubbers:red:Tibhar Grass Spezial (ox)
Black:DaweiSuperPower 2008 (2,1)

Posted By: Markus. L
Date Posted: 03/14/2007 at 12:13am
hey, wheres nittaku, i love the quality and their finish product. their blades are so nicely done

-------------
Nittaku Acoustic-FL
fh/bh-Almana

BUTTERFLY Timo Boll TriCarbon-FL
fh/bh-Optimum MP

DONIC Waldner Senso Carbon

Posted By: forehandloop
Date Posted: 03/14/2007 at 8:07am
my friend forehandsmash used a butterfly bat and it lasted a really long time with the same quality

-------------
MALIN=Making A Loop Irritate Noobs

TIMOBOLL=Tt Includes More Of Body Odour, Lob Lowly

SAMSONOV=Slicing A Massive Spin Over Non-Oxygen Vessels

MALONG=My Attack Leads Our National Encyclopedia

Posted By: DHS PPK
Date Posted: 03/14/2007 at 11:35am

The best of the best in my humble opinion from sources within the game:

Avalox, Darker and DHS Hurricane King for best offensive Chinese pen hold and shake hand/tennis grip attacking blades

Dr Neubauer for best shake hand/tennis grip defensive blades

LKT XT Pro and Gambler Aces for best all round non tension soft tacky attacking rubber covering

Double Happiness Sports Hurricane III national sponge for best medium hard attacking rubber covering

Friendship RITC 729 Dr Evil for best pimpled rubber covering

Yasaka Pro Life and TSP Noriko Clean for best traditional solvent based speed glue

DHS Rainbow for best tournament table

Double Fish for best tournament ball

TT-Matic for best high impact ping pong training robot

Li-Ning for best mens and Killerspin for best ladies ping pong clothing

Muzuno and Adidas for best ping pong footwear

Killerspin for best ping pong luggage and bat cases

Xiom for best official brand website

Double Happiness Sports for best overall original equipment manufacturer for all ping pong kit. They actually make everything for the whole game.

Certain products are essentially the same and marketed with different brand names as most of the high end professional and mass market hobby ping pong equipment (excluding clothing which is produced worldwide) is sourced from manufacturers located in China, Japan, South Korea, Germany, France and Belgium and USA. For example much of the current speed glue is manufactured in Belgium and even though one can may be labelled Andro and another Butterfly it is essentially the same glue. Likewise for rubbers from Germany ESN such as Friendship Highpoint and Donic Desto F2 are essentially the same. Have you noticed that Yasaka and Stiga have very similar blades and rubber sheets. Some brands such as Killerspin relabel and redesign in a more appealing style products made by Double Happiness and Donic/Nittaku/Yasaka amongst others. Overall quality control for most ping pong brands are therefore similar. They all have high, medium and low quality products designed to appeal to different market segments.

Table tennis technology and rules are evolving but "new" "improved" rubbers or blades are not necessarily anything new but just remarketed every season with a new name.

Essentially there is no best this or that as it is all a matter of personal taste as different equipment is best suited to different playing standards and styles. Most of the world's top pong pong athletes from China (representing many national teams worldwide) can probably switch equipment on a daily basis and still perform to a similar level.

I hope this provokes and spins into a healthy debate rather than kill of the subject matter. Each to their own, but please share your equipment experiences and preferably positive recommendations. Marketing is just that, full of hype, as in the real world for the average Jo or Joanna, the different between kit is relatively minor and as power is nothing without control, kit is nothing without skill and practice!

Just my fifteen minutes of fame and two cent worth!

Enjoy the game and may the best man/woman win. Winning is not everything, it’s the taking part that counts!

DHS PPK

PS I trust that this wins the best overall quality (and longest) and thought provoking post for the keen ping pong enthusiast

-------------
Da Hot Shot Ping Pong King - Ping Pong Fung Fu - shake hand Shoaling + pen hold flying dagger style
Loop to kill not kill to loop - gifted by nature - lazy by choice

Posted By: thetuxedo
Date Posted: 03/14/2007 at 12:15pm
Personally I prefer butterfly blades to any other blades, but rubbers: Stiga and Joola. Butterfly rubbers I feel are not as good as these 2 other companies.

-------------
Butterfly Kreanga Carbon ULC:
FH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0
BH - Joola Green Power Energy X-Tra 2.0

Posted By: cole_ely
Date Posted: 03/14/2007 at 3:41pm
Blades = darker cause they don't have any junk. Maybe not a fair comparison because they're so specialized. Provine is a good rubber too. I can't think of any Darker product I've tried that wasn't of utmost quality. I can't say that about any other brand.

Spintech has very high quality stuff, but, like with butterfly...you pay for it. Butterflly has some dogs though...spintech doesn't.

-------------
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Posted By: O! Ju Qian
Date Posted: 03/14/2007 at 3:46pm
butterfly...i think most people buy it just because of the brand. they should pay us to use their brands.

-------------
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."

Posted By: fatcomet
Date Posted: 03/14/2007 at 3:46pm
^korbel magichand... vsg etc

Posted By: cole_ely
Date Posted: 03/14/2007 at 4:04pm
Yep, magichand was the worst thing I've seen from them other than premade stuff.

-------------
W1 St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.

Posted By: fatcomet
Date Posted: 03/14/2007 at 4:23pm
some of my australian contacts tell me that avalox has good quality control

Posted By: djef33
Date Posted: 05/29/2007 at 3:11pm

Frienship 729 are not just for the chinese style player.
They have a range of product that cover the european style as well.

Take the 729 blade bomb ( med fast AND easy control) and couple it with a higher III (very good to block, push, loop and counter-loop) and you have a do-it all racket that can loop with very high arc.

A lot of the rubber on the market are not polyvalent.

Exemple : Bryce fx  good to loop but forget  to chop or push.

This is what I like about 729 rubber there not unidimensional.

one last advice:
Keep the black rubber on your FH because it is softer due to the increase elasticity of the top sheet
And keep the red tinnier like 2.0 instead of 2.2
the sponge is med soft so you can put a layer of glue to help the ball sink deeper but it play well without.

This would be a cheaper setup that could rivalised with the standart bty  advanced beginner setup : primorac with sriver 1.8
(this opinion is not based on actual comparaison but on information)

Posted By: Fraziel
Date Posted: 05/29/2007 at 6:39pm
no one company makes the best of everything.I have tried lots of blades and found tibhar to be the best. they just have a nice "feel". i am not that fond of their rubbers though apart from maybe torpedo.Andro blades , even the so called soft ones, are as hard as brick but v well made.I do think, with the odd exception i have tried, that butterfly stuff is hugely over rated, and over priced.Don't be a sheep and just blindly follow. Try some stuff other than butterfly.

-------------
Fraziel,
blade- tibhar samsonov alpha
rubber, FH- palio cj8000 on canon 1.8 mm 40 sponge, BH- same

Posted By: creeder06
Date Posted: 05/29/2007 at 7:27pm
i voted other because i have had a few different brands of equipment and have been happy with all from 729 to killerspin and tibar and friendship i have tried a few and the have all been very comparable as far as quality goes i think butterfly is over priced and that other brand are just as good right now i really like my tibhar revolt and stiga rubbers so i cant really say one is better than another they are just different nad preference has almost everything to do with these polls

-------------
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.

Posted By: LowEndNewbie
Date Posted: 05/29/2007 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Patmandidily Patmandidily wrote:

Hinshaw, how have you had time to even try all of those? You've been playing tournaments for not even 8 months.

Hi

I got the impression that Hinshaw is pretty good. I mean he does have a lot of posts...

Posted By: humint
Date Posted: 05/29/2007 at 10:42pm
voted butterfly. expensive, but the best quality products.

Posted By: ProfessorChaos
Date Posted: 05/30/2007 at 2:22am
butterfly = biggest company that is based on marketing in the world.  ala. Bose or Monster Cables.

No one doubts that some of their products are really great but the company overall is overrated and many of its products are overpriced but people still buy 'em.

Rubber: I've a fan of Yasaka and Donic as well as some of the Double Happiness and Dawei rubbers, also TSP deserves a mention.  The Bryce from BTY is great but for $45usd, I'd go with the Donic F1.

Blades: Gotta go with Yasaka, Stiga, DHS in no particular order.

Tables: DHS, JOOLA

Balls: Double Fish/DHS

Glue: Stiga Energy, JOOLA Rossi Plus

-------------
Yasaka Max Carbon 3D FL
Desto F1 Max
Sriver FX Max

Posted By: justintga
Date Posted: 05/30/2007 at 5:50am
stiga blades are of top quality, even the cheaper blades. butterfly blades made in certain countries are of marginally lower quality. im using a stiga now and i dont plan to go back to butterfly unless i change to butterflys arylate carbon line (whis is currently too fast for me)

-------------
STIGA Offensive CR
DHS Hurricane 3 2.2 FH
BUTTERFLY Tackifire Special Soft 2.1 BH

Posted By: easyfiji
Date Posted: 05/30/2007 at 7:48pm
Blades: Stiga
Rubbers: Butterfly
Glue: Yasaka
Clothes: Killerspin
Balls: Nittaku/DHS
Women: Killerspin

Posted By: easyfiji
Date Posted: 05/30/2007 at 7:52pm
Butterfly's arylate carbon line is at the opposite end of the spectrum when comparing to your stiga offensive CR.

Offensive CR is soft, bouncy with long arc. It works best with hard rubbers like Hurricane 3. But blades like Timo Boll Spirit and Michael Maze produce a very linear trajectory. Granted they are very fast, but you will have to change your stroke significantly.

Posted By: creeder06
Date Posted: 05/30/2007 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by easyfiji easyfiji wrote:

Blades: Stiga
Rubbers: Butterfly
Glue: Yasaka
Clothes: Killerspin
Balls: Nittaku/DHS
Women: Killerspin
i didnt know that killerspin made women???!!!! bet they are expensive like the rest of their stuff

-------------
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.

Posted By: kosa123
Date Posted: 05/30/2007 at 8:45pm
I used to use Hurricane 2 rubbers and put the plastic sheets as a cover and it would stay tacky for over a year.

How do you guys take care of nontacky rubbers such as those from butterfly? do u just leave it in ur paddle case?

Posted By: Wawaicetea123
Date Posted: 05/30/2007 at 9:51pm
butterfly=best jap rubber
stiga/butterfly=best blades
dhs=best chinese rubber

Posted By: Elhorian
Date Posted: 02/26/2008 at 6:56am
I have to say: Where's Darker? man, those people make really high quality products...

Posted By: ffx-me
Date Posted: 02/26/2008 at 8:13pm
Where's Dawei?

-------------
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40

Posted By: unisonus
Date Posted: 02/26/2008 at 8:16pm
Darker, hands down. Top notch stuff.

Posted By: peter79
Date Posted: 02/27/2008 at 1:33am
Where's Nittaku? no one votes it? I has better quality than butterfly in terms of wood. But butterfly has better in design n color.

-------------
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Posted By: theman
Date Posted: 02/27/2008 at 2:09am
hmmm, yeh i wonder where is the....

DIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Posted By: Ginko Tai Kim
Date Posted: 02/27/2008 at 2:56am
Where is xiom? Oh well the choices are always limited my bets on Butterfly

-------------
http://avatars.jurko.net">
RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox

Posted By: CP/JP
Date Posted: 03/05/2008 at 9:58pm
Galaxy as I would say. Inexpensive but decent quality stuff + you can order customized blades Smile

-------------
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club

Nittaku Excellent AAA
Nittaku Hammond Pro Alpha

Posted By: frogger
Date Posted: 09/18/2010 at 12:40am
I have boxes full of blades from Butterfly, Stiga, Donic, Nittaku, Custom mades, Juic........and the winner is hands down? Donic Epox Series Power Carbon! The feel, finish, quality, playability is unmatched. As for rubber there is no "best" It's only best if you like it and it suits your game.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: TSuBaSa
Date Posted: 09/18/2010 at 1:53am
No Nittaku?  Blade, Rubber, Ball, Shoe, Textile... Every one them are good.
Butterfly misses the ball category...
Joola and donic were terrible...

-------------
Xiom Feel AX ST

BTF T80 FX

BTF T80 FX

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 09/18/2010 at 3:13am
why isn't Nittaku not present in the list of suppliers? they are not good enough to be even there? LOL

-------------
forum_posts.asp?TID=82031" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback
HTTP://ROSSLEIDY.COM" rel="nofollow - Treat Yourself

Posted By: saif
Date Posted: 09/18/2010 at 5:39am
No Xiom too. Their blades have better design and finishing quality than Butterfly.

-------------
TBS FH & BH: T05fx
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha FH: Grip-S Europe BH: Rakza7 soft
Victas Koji Matsushita FH: Tenergy 80 BH: Feint long III
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5439549367/

Posted By: liang1983
Date Posted: 09/18/2010 at 7:23am
Nittaku and Xiom =[

-------------
Butterfly Photino
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05

Posted By: vanjr
Date Posted: 09/18/2010 at 8:34am
Darker has nice blades and rubber

Posted By: peter79
Date Posted: 09/18/2010 at 8:41am
For Blades: Nittaku, especially Violin, the edge of the blade is so smooth, no other blades has such great finish and quality.

Rubbers: DHS H3 National version, but needs tuning :(

-------------
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Posted By: foz
Date Posted: 09/18/2010 at 11:34am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

I have boxes full of blades from Butterfly, Stiga, Donic, Nittaku, Custom mades, Juic........and the winner is hands down? Donic Epox Series Power Carbon! The feel, finish, quality, playability is unmatched. As for rubber there is no "best" It's only best if you like it and it suits your game.
Good call !

-------------
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
TIBHAR 5Q MAX FH
ANDRO SHIFTER P/S 2.0 BH    
BTY ZHANG JIKE FL

Posted By: beeray1
Date Posted: 09/18/2010 at 2:03pm
NITTAKU. I just got my ludeack from anton.

It's basically the same blade as my clipper but a bit thinner, more flexible... etc etc.

BUT THE BUILD QUALITY!!!

i know why this blade is usually 115 dollars compared to my 70 clipper cr. I've never seen something so well done before. Butterfly eat your heart out. It looks like a 72 year old japanese man went into the mountains for 8 months and then came out with this blade.

-------------
Nostalgic Offensive
EL-S
Vega Japan

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net