Print Page | Close Window

DHS Neo Skyline TG3 Review

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=28566
Printed Date: 04/20/2024 at 1:23am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: DHS Neo Skyline TG3 Review
Posted By: yogi_bear
Subject: DHS Neo Skyline TG3 Review
Date Posted: 09/02/2009 at 8:02pm
here is what a short review of the Neo TG3. I got a sample from what adham sent the kids in my country. He sent me DHS items and I got to borrow one of the Neo TG3's glued on a stiga tube light blade.

rubber: Neo TG3 Black
thickness: 2.15mm
hardness: 40 degrees in on the label but its harder than the number but definitely softer then the old skyline
glue: rubber cement with lighter fluid

when i opened the vacuum sealed packaging it wasnt very smelly before i glued it to a kid's blade. the tackiness is only mild and the sponge was firm yet not too hard. i immediately tried doing fh to fh drills with it and i noticed it was a bit faster than what i have expected despite the off minus blade. i wasnt convinced so i removed it from the stiga tube light and temporarily glued it to my xiom aria which is a faster blade and then i could really feel the speed faster than my hurricane 2 or my blue whale 1 rubbers that i have used. the sound was also nice and there is a speed glue effect sound on it. the control is good and when i was looping iti was surpised even though it wasnt as tacky as the old skyline 3 the topsheet was very grippy to the point it felt like a tenergy 05 rubber but spinnier.. maybe tenergy 05 is a bit faster but tg3 neo has more control and is spinnier.. this rubber is good in above the table loops and also spin drives. this is definitely an offensive rubber with lots of gears. the throw angle is medium and is also greta for smashes. you need to adjust on the sensitivity to incoming spins a lil bit but its not an issue. serves are also very spinny and pushes are too. it sucks in chopping since the dwell time is less. its a bit heavy though not as heavy as the old hurricane 2 or skyline 3.

i'd give this rubber a 9 out of 10 for its performance

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Replies:
Posted By: Thot
Date Posted: 09/03/2009 at 3:00pm
Nice review.
I think ttrubberman considered Neo TG3 the best compared with the rest of the Neo rubbers.

In case you used TG3 #21 (blue sponge), could you make a comparison between the two rubbers?

Posted By: Rack
Date Posted: 09/03/2009 at 3:28pm
Thx for the review Yogi!  Awesome what you're accomplishing with those kids by the way! 

-------------
Yasaka Ma Lin YEO (1st) , Yasaka Extra CPEN (2nd)

FH - H3 NEO Pro 2.15 40H

BH - Tenergy 64 2.1

Date Posted: 09/03/2009 at 8:14pm
im only using the orange sponged neo TG3 even though they are commercial ones the quality that they have are comparable to provincial hurricanes and now i have a cheap subs to tenergy 05 hehehe

rack, yeah im hoping these kids will get better since they have the right equipment now.. ill post some vids of the kids doing training maybe next week.. there is this one particular 6 yr old girl that plays well that im trying to help by all means and she is the recipient of some equipments given by forum members here

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Posted By: asyraf
Date Posted: 09/04/2009 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Thot Thot wrote:

Nice review.
I think ttrubberman considered Neo TG3 the best compared with the rest of the Neo rubbers.

In case you used TG3 #21 (blue sponge), could you make a comparison between the two rubbers?

how tg3#21 to you Thot?

-------------
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max

Date Posted: 09/04/2009 at 9:55am
borrowed the TG3 again today and Im really inlove with this rubber.. i think im gonna order one. the black one is much better than the red one because it has more spin. 

-------------

Posted By: Waldmeister
Date Posted: 09/04/2009 at 10:01am
I found the most old TG3 ( non #21 ) way softer than the Hurricanes. How about the Neo TG3 compared to the old hurricanes?

"hardness: 40 degrees in on the label but its harder than the number but definitely softer then the old skyline"

Can t follow that, since 40 is pretty average Hurricane hardness. And the most old TG3 i saw were around 38 and felt much softer than Hs and TG2..?

-------------
P�����������������������h

Posted By: Thot
Date Posted: 09/04/2009 at 10:26am
TG3 #21 is softer than commercial H3 (orange sponge) and also lighter.
In my opinion this rubber needs some kind of tuning, the speed glue didn't had effect on it. CGS said it's need DHS intensifier.
If you look at older posts from me you can find a short review for TG3.
The topsheet is good, but the sponge is not without tuning/boosting.
member_profile.asp?PF=6533&FID=24 - yogi_bear made me curious about Neo TG3, but I'll not pay more than 15-16$ for a Chinese rubber.

Date Posted: 09/04/2009 at 10:34am
yes i tried to pinch the rubber again and its softer than the old skylines.. i checked the red neo hurricane 2 and compared it with my old black hurricane 2 and the neo hurricane 2 is softer

-------------

Posted By: lovemagicworld
Date Posted: 11/10/2011 at 8:47am
which is better for chopping
H3 or TG3?

Posted By: rpbnakata
Date Posted: 11/10/2011 at 9:10am
Originally posted by lovemagicworld lovemagicworld wrote:

H3 or TG3?

The topic was dead and buried. For bringing it back to life you just received...

THE GOLDEN SHOVEL PRIZE

-------------
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3

Posted By: Winterhearted
Date Posted: 11/10/2011 at 9:41am
Originally posted by rpbnakata rpbnakata wrote:

Originally posted by lovemagicworld lovemagicworld wrote:

H3 or TG3?

The topic was dead and buried. For bringing it back to life you just received...

THE GOLDEN SHOVEL PRIZE
Necroposting as art. Only on mytabletennis.net. Stay tuned! Smile

"which is better for chopping
H3 or TG3?"
- H3 is better for chopping

-------------
Butterfly Innerforce ZLC CPen
FH: Butterfly Dignics 09c
BH: Butterfly Dignics 05

Posted By: zheyi
Date Posted: 11/10/2011 at 10:55am
service and chop .. h3 neo is better.. imo :)

Posted By: the_theologian
Date Posted: 11/10/2011 at 11:00am
perhaps a thank you is more appropriate since the forum member used the search function rather than starting a new topic which is so often chastised

-------------
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max

Posted By: king_pong
Date Posted: 11/10/2011 at 11:08am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

perhaps a thank you is more appropriate since the forum member used the search function rather than starting a new topic which is so often chastised

+1

Posted By: Stoi
Date Posted: 11/10/2011 at 7:42pm
Come on guys, rpbnakata made a joke, which the Winterhearted continued. I laughed a lot when i saw "The Golden Shovel" award with the picture! Very nice for making such a joke, if you thought of it your own. No bad feelings meant in my point of view.

Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 3:07am

Some people take things too serious... My bad if someone felt offended. No jokes anymore from now on.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 3:41am
Originally posted by rpbnakata rpbnakata wrote:

Some people take things too serious... My bad if someone felt offended. No jokes anymore from now on.

now maybe you should get the butthurt award

-------------

Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 4:34am

now maybe you should get the butthurt award
Don´t know exactly what you´re meaning with this expression, but I don´t care anyway. I prefer to have a good sense of humor instead of posing as a moralist in a cool place that a TT forum should be.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 4:43am
Never heard of "butthurt"? It's actually considered a very funny term. *edited to remove the link I provided, you guys can look up the term if you like http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ButtHurt -
I have one of the best senses of humor I know of Wink. Perhaps you took my posts too seriously. I said it as more of a passing comment as food for thought. So many relatively new forum members are always getting "friendly reminders" to spare us from new threads and told instead to use the search function. When someone finally does... we make fun of him? I did think it was poor taste but I didn't take it so serious that I thought anyone should get butthurt about it.

Alas, I'm getting a laugh out of this thread after all.

-------------

Posted By: GSOM_GSOM11
Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 7:08am
That will go on forever...

If you revive an old topic suitable for your question, they call you a necroposter. But if you start a new topic for your single question, the same persons accuse you of flooding the forum. 

Posted By: icontek
Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 7:31am
Actually, thanks for bringing this thread back.

TG3 Neo gets overshadowed by H3 Neo all to often, in spite of the fact that it is a very capable rubber.

-------------
http://bit.ly/vLMhuB" rel="nofollow - - RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42

Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 8:03am
I'm certainly temtped to try TG3 Neo as a forehand rubber... the only problem is, I want to give a chance to sponges under 2.0mm for a while

-------------

Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 10:25am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Actually, thanks for bringing this thread back.

TG3 Neo gets overshadowed by H3 Neo all to often, in spite of the fact that it is a very capable rubber.
They are rather easy to switch over imo.. While some of my friend had done so and some still prefer H3 neo Tongue

Posted By: bluebucket
Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 10:45am
I've actually been doing some long term testing between the DHS rubbers so I can fully understand the differences between them rather than just the casual differences you notice short term. They are like four hot sisters but all a little different, all have something the other doesn't, well ok maybe H2 is a bit more the adopted East German sisterBeer. Right now I'm thinking TG3 is pretty special, I'll chuck a review up once I've played it for a couple of months and completely understand how it likes to play. Icontek since you are expert on H3 have you played with TG3 enough to give some comparison?. I don't recall H3 being as good as TG3 but I might revisit H3 just to be sure

Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 11:31am
If it is possible, i would like a comparison with TG2 Neo please.

Posted By: davidz
Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Stoi Stoi wrote:

If it is possible, i would like a comparison with TG2 Neo please.

(NEO) TG2 is the best rubber for close table playing for penholder. It has more spin than H3 and TG3. The sponge is much harder than H3 and TG3. Rubber tuning works well on TG2.  

TG3 has better looping capacity than H3. H3 is a more balanced rubber. All these rubbers fits wood blade better.  Lots of playes use H3, and some use TG3. Only a few players use TG2.

-------------
PG7 (Skyline 2, LKT XP)
YEO (Skyline 2, Skyline 3)

Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

I've actually been doing some long term testing between the DHS rubbers so I can fully understand the differences between them rather than just the casual differences you notice short term. They are like four hot sisters but all a little different, all have something the other doesn't, well ok maybe H2 is a bit more the adopted East German sisterBeer. Right now I'm thinking TG3 is pretty special, I'll chuck a review up once I've played it for a couple of months and completely understand how it likes to play. Icontek since you are expert on H3 have you played with TG3 enough to give some comparison?. I don't recall H3 being as good as TG3 but I might revisit H3 just to be sure

Lol as if I am an H3 expert. Just a US1200 scrub who likes what the prott.cc's H3 38degree Neo Provincial does for his game (without tuning).

I feel like it's a utility rubber; very good close to table, service, third ball, serve return, FH push, the occasional chop... And while it's kind of crappy for flat smashes (you have to work hard), at least the trajectory is consistently deep to the endline/blockers bellies. But it's strangely good at counterhitting with a "convex" stroke (sorry sid, you were right about something). I also feel that it is good for controlled but active blocking and of incoming loops. It excels at producing spin variation, which gives the opponents slightly above my level a problem.

The only TG3 I tried was blue sponged and boosted, so definitely not a fair comparison (the tune job I did made it noticeably better than my H3NP, but it was crappy before the tune and after the tune wore off).

-------------

Date Posted: 11/11/2011 at 10:14pm

Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

The only TG3 I tried was blue sponged and boosted, so definitely not a fair comparison (the tune job I did made it noticeably better than my H3NP, but it was crappy before the tune and after the tune wore off).

Actually i like it post tuned Embarrassed The harder sponge after a month on the blade is firmer and easy to grip balls and shots.. I have used it for 1 whole year so far.. H3 BLue sponge for the past 2 years.. easy to transit through.. Tongue

Posted By: tt_maniac
Date Posted: 11/12/2011 at 12:59am
I have use TG3Neo, then H3Neo then TG3BluSponge in that sequence. Favorite is currently TG3-N. I agree with bluebucket that that they are all hot sisters. (TG3-BS is probably the second cousin from Russia- needs boosters)  And yes TG3-N is better at loops and smashes , H3-N better at counters(speed). Pushes goes to TG3(easier to control spin and depth)  and blocks go to H3(more penetration). Mind you I just put on H3 3 mths ago and TG3-BS 1 mth ago but used TG3-N for 1 yr. so its very subjective. 2cents please.

Date Posted: 12/04/2011 at 7:57am
I've been using TG3 neo (red, 2.15mm, on Zetro Quad) on my forehand for a few days now. It seems hard as a brick after coming from Vega Pro. It's barely tacky and not very grippy at all. Yet, it does everything I ask of it. To my surprise it grips the ball extremely well. It really feels like a mystery.

My high toss serves are landing exactly how I want them to (real shallow just beyond the net). My smashes are blistering (for this level of play anyway).

... and for $17?!.... Sorry Vega Pro. I guess this is goodbye.... eh, it's early still... who knows

I'm curious how it will play on the more flexible Xiom V1 and BBC All Around

-------------

Posted By: talkalin
Date Posted: 12/04/2011 at 9:04am
itreresting because i tried the skyline not neo and it was more like a defensive rubber or in other words a big funny joke i cant belive that the differens is so big!

-------------
timo boll alc

Fh:t05fx 2.1

Bh:sinus alpha max

Date Posted: 12/04/2011 at 11:26am
After a recent doubles match cost me my last H3NP38, I decided to do some ttnp EJing before the next tournament...

Tin Arc 37 2.1
TG2 Neo 39 2.2
TG3 Neo 39 2.2
H3 BS 2.1

Because no one talks about TG2 neo, I ordered one. I'll add little bits of information to this thread over the next month as I get some days in with these rubbers.

I've been reasonably happy with the H3 BS 2.1 after 2 sessions (super-primed before use to speed up break in) and if none of the TG/TA rubbers wind up as a permanent H3NP38 solution, this will do, with a similar long throw, slightly faster top end, and a little bit worse short/pushing game.

-------------

Posted By: mikepong
Date Posted: 12/04/2011 at 11:37am

After a recent doubles match cost me my last H3NP38, I decided to do some ttnp EJing before the next tournament...

Tin Arc 37 2.1
TG2 Neo 39 2.2
TG3 Neo 39 2.2
H3 BS 2.1

Because no one talks about TG2 neo, I ordered one. I'll add little bits of information to this thread over the next month as I get some days in with these rubbers.

I've been reasonably happy with the H3 BS 2.1 after 2 sessions (super-primed before use to speed up break in) and if none of the TG/TA rubbers wind up as a permanent H3NP38 solution, this will do, with a similar long throw, slightly faster top end, and a little bit worse short/pushing game.

what did you use for priming?

-------------
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Posted By: nathanso
Date Posted: 12/04/2011 at 11:50am
I switched to TG3N from T25 a couple of months ago and have no regrets. I recently converted a clubmate from T05 to TG3N and he's also loving it. Review on OOAK site.

-------------
BBC, SP, LP

Posted By: AndySmith
Date Posted: 12/04/2011 at 12:33pm

After a recent doubles match cost me my last H3NP38, I decided to do some ttnp EJing before the next tournament...Tin Arc 37 2.1TG2 Neo 39 2.2.

It will be fab to have someone compare all of those directly. Too many reviews just comparing individual rubbers to tenergy and nothing else.

-------------
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.

Date Posted: 12/04/2011 at 2:09pm
I used haifu speed glue to soften and stretch the blue sponge with the super priming glass method. got a few cm of stretch.

AS far as all rubbers listed, I may not get through all of them... But I will update thread as it goes.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/12/2012 at 8:02am

I used haifu speed glue to soften and stretch the blue sponge with the super priming glass method. got a few cm of stretch.

AS far as all rubbers listed, I may not get through all of them... But I will update thread as it goes.

don't forget to come back here icontek! Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 03/12/2012 at 9:45am
Thanks for the reminder!

I actually have a super-primed TG3Neo on my blade right now, ready to go for tomorrow night's club play.

I will need to "break it in", so the first night may not be representative of actual playing characteristics.

I have a replacement TinArc on order; just in case TG3Neo requires too much work.

-------------

Posted By: beeray1
Date Posted: 03/12/2012 at 7:26pm

Tin Arc 37 2.1
TG2 Neo 39 2.2
TG3 Neo 39 2.2
H3 BS 2.1

I wanted to comment on the TG2- I am also left wondering why it is so unpopular. 

out of the package, it is easily my favorite of the NEO's by a fair amount, and don't see why no one else tries it out. Hopefully you like it as well. 

Posted By: sa01
Date Posted: 03/12/2012 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Tin Arc 37 2.1
TG2 Neo 39 2.2
TG3 Neo 39 2.2
H3 BS 2.1

I wanted to comment on the TG2- I am also left wondering why it is so unpopular. 

out of the package, it is easily my favorite of the NEO's by a fair amount, and don't see why no one else tries it out. Hopefully you like it as well. 

it's more sticky than h3 so acts more like a chinese rubber.
speed wise probably a little slower than h3.
if you like the neo series you might as well just try them all since they are similar.

Posted By: HowToPlayChineseLoop
Date Posted: 03/18/2012 at 3:41pm
TG3 Neo is faster.
But H3 Neo is spinnier. That's why people prefers H3 Neo.

Posted By: SmackDAT
Date Posted: 03/18/2012 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by HowToPlayChineseLoop HowToPlayChineseLoop wrote:

TG3 Neo is faster.

H3 Neo is faster and less spinnier.

-------------
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW" rel="nofollow - https://goo.gl/bFWoxW

Posted By: cotdt
Date Posted: 03/18/2012 at 5:22pm
To me the H3 is more spinny than the TG3 and H3 has noticeably more dwell time.

-------------
Nittaku Resound
FH: Joola Timeless
BH: Joola Timeless

Posted By: Sofaires
Date Posted: 03/18/2012 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

TG3 Neo is faster.

agree with smackDAT

-------------
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/myttsig.jpg/">

Date Posted: 03/18/2012 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Sofaires Sofaires wrote:

Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

TG3 Neo is faster.

agree with smackDAT

i guess we all have our own personal preference, for me h3 neo is slower, and spinnier 

-------------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 03/18/2012 at 11:23pm

Tin Arc 37 2.1
TG2 Neo 39 2.2
TG3 Neo 39 2.2
H3 BS 2.1

Few words i have to say about TG2 Neo, skip and go for 2008XP. Its 1/3 price and has many similarities in behaviour. Only con i remember is the extra weight, otherwise i would prefer it over the TG2 Neo. Among the -few- chinese rubbers i've tried, i liked that most along with 729-5. I will probably be able to get back to training soon so i could write some kind of review though it is late for you, it might help others.

Date Posted: 03/18/2012 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Stoi Stoi wrote:

Tin Arc 37 2.1
TG2 Neo 39 2.2
TG3 Neo 39 2.2
H3 BS 2.1

Few words i have to say about TG2 Neo, skip and go for 2008XP. Its 1/3 price and has many similarities in behaviour. Only con i remember is the extra weight, otherwise i would prefer it over the TG2 Neo. Among the -few- chinese rubbers i've tried, i liked that most along with 729-5. I will probably be able to get back to training soon so i could write some kind of review though it is late for you, it might help others.

How is TG2 neo compared to H3 neo?

-------------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 03/19/2012 at 10:58am

I haven't tried H3 Neo extensively, i can do it in a couple weeks but i don't expect any miracles to happen. As i remember it, it was another dead sponge tacky rubber, not for me. I would prefer something between Blitz and TG2 sacrificing some speed and spin.

I don't like the idea of tuning so they don't fit my game. 2008XP (not thicker than 2mm)  or 729-5, they are quite faster and about same spin, you will spent around 20$ for both.

Off topic FTW! Cool

Posted By: nathanso
Date Posted: 03/19/2012 at 11:25pm
TG2 Neo is ultra-tacky and is the spinniest of the H2/H3/TG2/TG3 clan. It also has the densest sponge. However, TG2 Neo's tackiness makes it feel slower than the other three.

Date Posted: 03/20/2012 at 12:07am

Though i find that it is a bit faster and less tacky than the H3 Neo, which i played for a little bit, it IS slower than it is rated, 8.9 at http://tabletennisdb.com - tabletennisdb.com in terms of speed, Blitz has 9.1. Thats a joke, they have more like 20% (7.1) than 2% (8.9) difference. I can't understand the way people rate such rubbers. The main reason i bought that rubber was the speed/spin ratio and i was very disappointed.

Will try to write a review when i have the chance.

Posted By: power7
Date Posted: 03/20/2012 at 1:32am
I've been playing with TG2 Neo 39 degree hardness for a few weeks now.  I find it to be a good looping rubber.  It's weakness is smashing, there is no feed back when you go for a no spin hit at high speed.  But high speed looping there is plenty of feed back when the ball bites into the rubber.  You can feel the restistance increase as the ball's topsin is being reversed off the paddle.

Even though I got the factory softest sponge, it is still pretty hard compared to the t05.  Compared to TG3 and H3, this rubber feels like having the most control when you spin.  In comparison to the t05 the biggest difference is the smaller bounce in the rubber.  So the ball is slower during serves and hitting when using the same stroke. 

Date Posted: 03/20/2012 at 2:27am
TG2neo an dTG3neo are very similar imo.. only when you move to mid/far table we sees the big different.

Date Posted: 03/20/2012 at 2:43am
Originally posted by zheyi zheyi wrote:

TG2neo an dTG3neo are very similar imo.. only when you move to mid/far table we sees the big different.

what are these differences mid/far the table?

-------------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 03/22/2012 at 5:37am
IMO TG2neo seems to dwell longer especially mid/long table game.. while TG3neo feels more direct.
perhaps when i hit it really hard.. if not not much diff imo. I havent prime my piece of TG3neo yet after 3 weeks of play, as it becomes bit slower, but still ok.. how to do it anyone?

Posted By: bibigon
Date Posted: 03/22/2012 at 6:22am
TG2neo compared to TG3neo has a noticeably lower throw and less spin for drive. Otherwise they are very similar. 

-------------
Viscaria light; BH: Baracuda 2.0; FH: H3NP 38° black

Date Posted: 03/22/2012 at 8:20am
wow my post above just made me realize that I've stuck with TG3neo in red on my forehand for nearly five months now.... that's not very EJ-litically Correct of me

I do have one rubber waiting on me for forehand testing though: TG3 neo in black Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 03/22/2012 at 12:26pm

wow my post above just made me realize that I've stuck with TG3neo in red on my forehand for nearly five months now.... that's not very EJ-litically Correct of me

I do have one rubber waiting on me for forehand testing though: TG3 neo in black Smile
Your 2.15 has any hardness? If not U think around what range?

Date Posted: 03/22/2012 at 12:40pm

well, my 2.15 is the unmarked commercial one sold by ttnpp. i also tried a 2.2 marked hardness one which said 39 degrees. the 2.15 unmarked feels a little bit harder to me; maybe 41, hard to say

-------------

Posted By: Sofaires
Date Posted: 03/22/2012 at 12:47pm
i have the 2.15 and its hard

-------------
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/myttsig.jpg/">

Date Posted: 03/22/2012 at 10:49pm
H3 Neo vs TG3 Neo : TG3 Neo is lighter, a little faster.

H3 Neo is slower, but spinnier.

TG 3 Blue Sponge : Really bad, the sponge is too soft. Dont buy it.

Posted By: richrf
Date Posted: 03/22/2012 at 11:26pm
Which is better for the backhand? H3N, TG3, or go looking for something else?

Date Posted: 03/22/2012 at 11:37pm
Depends what style you play on the BH side...loop, chop, drive, smash?

Some of the top CNT use tenergy on the backhand side.  Since the BH can't generate as much speed as the FH side.

-------------
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Butterfly Power-7, Red TG2 Neo 39degree, Black Donic Bluefire M1

Date Posted: 03/23/2012 at 1:15am

well, my 2.15 is the unmarked commercial one sold by ttnpp. i also tried a 2.2 marked hardness one which said 39 degrees. the 2.15 unmarked feels a little bit harder to me; maybe 41, hard to say
think I will give up the idea of buying a unmarked sheet. Even at 40 degree, its quite hard n fast too. More playable after a few weeks when the topsheet softer and slower.

Date Posted: 03/23/2012 at 1:34am
Originally posted by power7 power7 wrote:

Depends what style you play on the BH side...loop, chop, drive, smash?

Some of the top CNT use tenergy on the backhand side.  Since the BH can't generate as much speed as the FH side.

Definitely topspin smash game and I can generate speed using the same whipping motion with wrist as I do on my forehand. But I have to be able to sink into the ball so I can catch it and whip through it. Not sure any of the Chinese rubbers are proper. The Tuttle Beijing IV is OK but a little sluggish and I am not too excited about spending Tenergy prices if I can find something that is more reasonably priced. The Tensors are just not for me. I can use Joola Phenix but I thought maybe the TG3 might work but I have never tried it. 

Date Posted: 03/23/2012 at 10:20am
If you want to try chinese rubber on BH. Please use the light rubber, they have the same characterisation as ten 05. So for me, TG3 neo is the best one.

Date Posted: 03/23/2012 at 10:27am

If you want to try chinese rubber on BH. Please use the light rubber, they have the same characterisation as ten 05. So for me, TG3 neo is the best one.

Thanks. I have some Tuttle Bejiing IV which is pretty light on the BH right now and it works pretty well. I was just wondering if I could get more action using the Neo rubbers on the BH. I will give it a try. Thanks again. 

Date Posted: 03/23/2012 at 11:25am
Basically you want a hitting rubber.  If tenergy are out of the question, I've been reading reviews of Xiom Sigma Pro and Adias P5 that are suppose to play like tenergy...they are on my short list of rubbers to try, I know what you mean about the price of Tenergy.

-------------
DHS PG-7, H3 Neo, 729-5

Butterfly Power-7, Red TG2 Neo 39degree, Black Donic Bluefire M1

Date Posted: 03/23/2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by power7 power7 wrote:

Basically you want a hitting rubber.  If tenergy are out of the question, I've been reading reviews of Xiom Sigma Pro and Adias P5 that are suppose to play like tenergy...they are on my short list of rubbers to try, I know what you mean about the price of Tenergy.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried the Tensor ESN rubbers (e.g. Rakza) and they don't quite work for me. For me, they lose their vitality very quickly and while somewhat less expensive than Tenergy, still quite expensive. The Beijing IV is reasonable but doesn't quite have the dynamics I am looking for. Thanks again for the recommendation. 

Date Posted: 03/24/2012 at 12:13am

H3 Neo vs TG3 Neo : TG3 Neo is lighter, a little faster.

H3 Neo is slower, but spinnier.

TG 3 Blue Sponge : Really bad, the sponge is too soft. Dont buy it.
the #22 blue sponge is a different story. It plays much better than the orange.

Posted By: tommyzai
Date Posted: 03/24/2012 at 12:17am
I think TUCO uses this on his FH.

-------------
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]

Date Posted: 03/24/2012 at 10:55pm

imo, I don't think is a good bh rubber as I even has problem control it at fh. Unless just for blocking.

Posted By: bluebucket
Date Posted: 03/24/2012 at 11:14pm
Most players that use what they will tell you are real rubbers (t05 or tensors) will also tell you that TG3 is a better backhand rubber than forehand, they don't mind it on the backhand as a slow spinny control rubber

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 04/15/2018 at 2:54pm
is anyone can compare this rubber to Skyline 3-60 or Hurricane 3-50 in terms of speed
thanks

Posted By: Kolev
Date Posted: 04/16/2018 at 3:04am
My Tg3 neo was faster when trying it with H3-50 on the other side

-------------
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro

Posted By: piligrim
Date Posted: 04/16/2018 at 6:47am
thank you Kolev

Print Page | Close Window