Print Page | Close Window

Upcoming Joola X-plode Review

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30359
Printed Date: 03/29/2024 at 9:30am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Upcoming Joola X-plode Review
Posted By: tpgh2k
Subject: Upcoming Joola X-plode Review
Date Posted: 11/27/2009 at 2:49pm
Hey guys,

Just got me a sheet of Joola X-plode in red MAX. i'll be adding in a review of how it performs for me in the next week or so (school break so no time for the pong).

What i can do right now is put in some short insights on the rubber through my first impressions.

It's got a nice package to it from what i see so far. The sponge is yellow and tenergy-like much like Andro Hexer and those other german types. the rubber feels a lot more flexible b/c when i glued it to my Joola Viva blade, the rubber actually stretched out a bit with very little effort. The topsheet seems very grippy (barely tacky) and just the way I prefer it. The topsheet itself might be a little thin though so it might fall apart on me in a couple of weeks of intense playing (I'll let you know if that happens).

I just had a brief hit with it so far so i can't say much. i tried it on my fh and the loops are nice and crisp with a decent follow through. so far i haven't had any problems with the ball slipping accidentally. i'm actually going to use it for my backhand and it also plays well on the bh.

the blocks are a lot better (compared to bryce speed). i don't have any problems with the ball dying into the net with medium slow shots. bh loops seems really nice although it might be spinny at times and then almost no spin at other times. this could be due to my inconsistent stroke or maybe something specific within the rubber (like you can actually control spin and no spin bh loop?)

as for serves, i haven't really done much with it. so far i've only done a couple of backhand underspin serves and i'm thinking that it doesn't give you as much spin and bryce speed.

I'll give you guys a more detail review when i get to hit with it more. for now, i've uploaded a few pictures =).

-------------
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Replies:
Posted By: BHDoom
Date Posted: 11/27/2009 at 4:15pm
can you compare the topsheet to express 1 when you get a chance if you are familiar?  thanks

-------------
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1

Posted By: ohhgourami
Date Posted: 11/27/2009 at 6:45pm
interested in what you have to say about this rubber.  a comparision to express 1 would be nice.  my old coach is currently using this rubber.  he says its like a hybrid of chinese and euro rubber.  i believe he still uses a straight arm fh to hit with this rubber. LOL

-------------
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g

Date Posted: 11/28/2009 at 1:54am
the topsheet on xplode is way more grippy than express 1. the sponge firmness is much harder with xplode.

put it this way. you won't be able to do all topsheet spin/touch shots with this (or not reliable...but more reliable than express 1) but if you make the ball dig in, expect more spin, more speed, and a lower arc.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Posted By: the-mezz
Date Posted: 11/28/2009 at 1:35pm
I've never hit with anything sized MAX. Could you explain why you prefer it?

Thanks!

-------------
Offensive CR WRB
H3 Neo 2.1
Gambler Aces PRO 2.15

Date Posted: 11/28/2009 at 9:29pm
i like the increased speed and spin potential with the max. plus i won't have to bother with swithing from 1.9 to max later on. i also feel like i have enough skill to control the rubber well enough =)

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Posted By: DreiZ
Date Posted: 11/28/2009 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

PS: does anyone know how to embed pictures within a post? i tried clicking the button 'insert image' but it says that i don't have enough access for it =(.

cause ur not cool enough. jk lol

i use http://www.photobucket.com - www.photobucket.com
so when u upload pictures to their website u can just copy the img link it gives, or if u have the direct link to ur picture which u can find by right clicking on the pic and copying the URL and then putting that url in between [''IMG] URL ["/IMG] (no ""quotes)

but yeah looking forward for the review.

-------------
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725

Posted By: LobbedYoud0wn
Date Posted: 11/29/2009 at 7:02pm
thanks. they were really advertising this at the 09 baltimore teams

Date Posted: 11/30/2009 at 1:03am
i can see why now....it's now my new bh rubber, i've put down the bryce speed and now replaced it with xplode...quite a beast i would say.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 11/30/2009 at 1:48am

i can see why now....it's now my new bh rubber, i've put down the bryce speed and now replaced it with xplode...quite a beast i would say.
think i am going to give it a run now on my bh, need to find something and stick with it soon

-------------
BTY Viscaria FL

Date Posted: 11/30/2009 at 8:29am
good luck finding something that fits you well TJ. i was playing at lucky shoals earlier sunday and it worked very well on my backhand. i might as well give my short review of how it played today then...

it's definitely harder than bryce speed. that could be a good thing or a bad thing (good for me). it's not as spinny but a lot more manageable for some reason. you would think that with the almost tacky topsheet it would be a spin demon on the bh but i have a feeling that bryce speed would give you more spin for bh loops.

the plus side that i really loved about this rubber was the blocking game, it was so much better compared to bryce speed for me. it gives you a whole lot more margin for error on those.

away from the table i had no problem finding my range with this rubber at all. i had some really nice bh loops from at least 12 feet away.

pushes are going to ok, nothing special nothing too bad about it. just make sure you take care of your angle and motion and its like any other rubber. one thing i did notice is that since it's a fairly hard rubber, it's not too bouncy in the short game (a plus for me).

now for serves, it's not going to create crazy spin. so don't expect this thing to give you outright easy serve winners. you better rely on your placement and ability to disguise the spin.

as for speed, i think that it's a tad slower than bryce speed. this is also a plus for me since it means that i will be better able to control the darn thing.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 11/30/2009 at 8:47am
so would you say that express 1 is faster than x-plode?  iv hit with bryce speed and its much slower than express 1, or maybe im confused on something.

i know my old coach is using this and he says it has tons of spin and power, much more than express 1.  could be different since its for his fh.

since you also have used energy, how would you compare energy to x-plode?  energy does play well but id like it to be more durable and grippy.

-------------
Custom Walnut 7-ply
BTY T64
210g

Date Posted: 11/30/2009 at 10:51am
with everything constant, i believe that xplode would be faster than express 1. the sponge is harder and tenergy-like which really does make it take off. using both on the fh (express 1 and xplode) for testing purposes, bryce speed seems to have a much better catapult to the ball.

so i would rate bryce speed as a 9, explode as 8.5 and express as 8 for speed.

as for energy, i've only used the xtra verson of it so it was super soft. loud cliking and not that spinny. it would bottom out so much that it was annoying to me. i wasn't as good as i am now so i can't really tell you if it would perform as well or not.

but for durability, it won't be as durable as express b/c the topsheet wears out really fast (energy) and it's definitely not as grippy as express.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Posted By: melarimsa
Date Posted: 11/30/2009 at 2:31pm
Fast Thumbs%20Up
Very spinny Clap
Good Control Big%20smile

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis

Date Posted: 11/30/2009 at 5:35pm
i'd give xplode an 8 on the spin scale when i play with it on my bh. i could really care less about the spin and speed (as long as its fast enough). i just like it b/c i can block with it consistently enough and can bh loop from away the table. over the table bh drives were surprising. good crisp feel to it.

so far so good...come wednesday/friday i'll really get into it and see if there are any issues with the rubber.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 12/08/2009 at 9:47pm
i had a few hits with this rubber since a practice partner is testing it on the BH, seems legit, spinnier topsheet than express 1, looks almost barely tacky as opposed to the super grippy tenergy, hit with a red sheet and it didnt seem too tacky for BH, softer sponge than tenergy and not as high throw as tenergy, i hit with the max which i think is 2.3, it felt nice, i will probably get my own sheet soon

-------------
BTY Viscaria FL

Date Posted: 12/08/2009 at 10:06pm
you might want to consider using it on both fh and bh. it's pretty good on the fh too. ball sinks in and takes off really well. flies much lower than tenergy like you said. it has good penetrating power too.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 12/08/2009 at 10:56pm
I tried it, I like it a lot, but there is only one mising point in my book :( . It is too fast for me, just plain to fast, but I loved a spin that you can create with ... If someone is interested, I have one for sale in black 2.0mm brand new ...

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis

Posted By: Blade
Date Posted: 12/13/2009 at 11:37pm
I just got a sheet of X-plode max black and I think it might be defective. It feels soft, much softer than Joola energy green power. The sponge is really, really porous  and kind of mushy. When I first tried to counter with it it was very slow. When I tried to loop with it the ball just fell into the net.  The top sheet is barely grippy. The throw seems totally erratic even while just counter hitting? It feels like the ball goes almost directly to the wood without really hitting into it. Are the sheets you other players are using like this?

I usually use rubber cement to attach rubber to my blades, but I didn't want to take a chance on damaging this rubber so I used a water based glue  (some people say even the low voc content of rubber cement can damage these new rubbers).Is it possible it was just a bad glue job?

I've never had any rubber play so strangely. I can send it back to the vendor for an exchange if I am willing to pay the shipping costs, but that's kind of a hassle. Should I try to glue it on again and give it another try or from what I've described does it sound like it's a defective sheet?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Blade

Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 12:17am
what blade are you using and what glue are you using? it sounds like you didn't press down on the rubber enough to have it stick. it really sounds like a bad glue job to me.

and with the topsheet, i feel like you mean that it's barely 'tacky' b/c you should only be barely able to run your finger across the rubber topsheet.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 1:49am
I make my own blades, it's a five ply offensive with a little flex and medium hard feel. As to the glue, I'm not sure it was a friend's bottle one of the European brands that has a sponge applicator on the top. I put a decent layer on the blade (which is sealed) and two coats on the sponge. It seemed to be well attached, but it was my first time using a water based glue.

After I pulled it off I put a sheet of 2.0 platin soft on the blade and it played faster spinnier and more predictably. I'm hoping it was a bad glue job, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was defective, it does happen from time to time.

tpgh2k what did you use to glue yours on with, how many coats, did your sponge absorb a lot of glue. Also I don't know if you're familiar with Tenergy, but the X-plode sponge has much bigger air pockets on the sheet that I received, was yours the same?

thanks for your response,

Blade

Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 3:21am
Originally posted by Blade Blade wrote:

I make my own blades, it's a five ply offensive with a little flex and medium hard feel. As to the glue, I'm not sure it was a friend's bottle one of the European brands that has a sponge applicator on the top. I put a decent layer on the blade (which is sealed) and two coats on the sponge. It seemed to be well attached, but it was my first time using a water based glue.

After I pulled it off I put a sheet of 2.0 platin soft on the blade and it played faster spinnier and more predictably. I'm hoping it was a bad glue job, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was defective, it does happen from time to time.

tpgh2k what did you use to glue yours on with, how many coats, did your sponge absorb a lot of glue. Also I don't know if you're familiar with Tenergy, but the X-plode sponge has much bigger air pockets on the sheet that I received, was yours the same?

thanks for your response,

Blade

2 coats!!!!  no 1 will do and make sure it is thin and even.  let it dry completely and i mean completely.

as for X-plode, my coach hits it with a chinese style loop hehe.  i tried and it works, not bad of a rubber, just not right for me.

-------------
Custom Walnut 7-ply
BTY T64
210g

Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 11:27am
i would be using xplode on both sides of my YEO if i didn't like bw2 so much =p

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Posted By: debraj
Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Blade Blade wrote:

The sponge is really, really porous� and kind of mushy. When I first tried to counter with it it was very slow. When I tried to loop with it the ball just fell into the net.� The top sheet is barely grippy. The throw seems totally erratic even while just counter hitting? It feels like the ball goes almost directly to the wood without really hitting into it. Are the sheets you other players are using like this?I usually use rubber cement to attach rubber to my blades, but I didn't want to take a chance on damaging this rubber so I used a water based glue� (some people say even the low voc content of rubber cement can damage these new rubbers).Is it possible it was just a bad glue job? I've never had any rubber play so strangely. I can send it back to the vendor for an exchange if I am willing to pay the shipping costs, but that's kind of a hassle. Should I try to glue it on again and give it another try or from what I've described does it sound like it's a defective sheet?Any thoughts would be appreciated!Blade

hmm...

did you mean the throw was unpredictable depending on the force you applied?...non-linear?

-------------
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
http://youtu.be/y9y9nE9g778" rel="nofollow - vid1
http://youtu.be/xqNy786yGOs" rel="nofollow - Vid 2

Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 2:32pm
to be honest blade....the only reason the ball should be going all over the place is b/c you're most likely not timing it right. the trajectory is about medium (bryce speed would be low). on that note, i prefer blocking with xplode on both wings more than bryce speed.

the rubber is most certainly grippy. i can spin the ball really well with it. i'm just using some x-glue to stick on the rubber. since you didn't know what kind of glue you were using, i'll assume that you didnt know how to apply it well enough to get a proper layer all over.

it sounds like your rubber had some dead spots (ie: some places didn't even stick).

take a picture of the rubber and i'll tell you if its defective or not. most likely it's just the same one everyone else uses and has no defects.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 5:49pm
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll try a new glue job and see if the results are different. It was a rainy day when I tried it, but my other rubbers Joola EGP and JO platin played normally.

T0 answer debraj's question: the throw was very non-linear.

In terms of the timing of my strokes, the other sheets on the blade were playing fine. I had another player try it (we're both in the 1800-2000 usatt range) and he had the same problems.

I'll see if I can get a good picture to post.

Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 6:47pm
very strange indeed then....where did you buy the xplode from? directly from joolausa or from a reseller?

or was it a used sheet?

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 12/15/2009 at 3:10am
Here's an update to my strange X-plode experience. I bought some tear mender and reattached the rubber sheet to my blade and went to the club for a couple of hours tonight to hit with it. The good news is for the first half hour that Iplayed with it the playing characteristics were on par with what others had claimed about the rubber. I was happy to see that the throw angle was lower than tenergy and that I could smash with reasonable consistency, although my EGP is much better in this regard. However, after about 45 minutes I began to get some of the random responses - balls falling off the rubber while looping or leaving the rubber in a slow and dead fashion.

My best guess is that the humidity from the rainy weather along with me still not being able to achieve and optimal water glue job are the culprit to the problem. It seems that the X-plode rubber is sensitive to humidity at least more so than my EGP. At this point I don't think that the sheet is defective since it will perform normally for a while. I'm really tempted to clean off the blade and rubber and glue it on with rubber cement, because I never have any of these water glue problems when I use it. I don't play tournaments so the only reason I didn't use rubber cement initially is because I was afraid it might damage the rubber.

Thanks for the input guys, especially tpgh2k!

Date Posted: 12/15/2009 at 10:28am
there's no reason why you can't use rubber cement. i'd just suggest that you apply the glue slowly and in a thin layer so that it doesn't sink into the sponge so much.

all rubber are sensitive to humidity in the end. that might be why it dropped off the first time you tried it too.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 12/15/2009 at 11:43pm
it's be decided. xplode is now my new permanent backhand rubber. paired with the YEO, it is truly a deadly weapon (for me).

speed wise, i find it just perfect...not too fast, not too slow. it allows me to pretty much block comfortable no matter what kind of ball comes my way. when i try to block strong loops, i miss sometimes but that's more my fault than anything else.

the sponge hardness is just great. i can counterloop so well with this it's scary.

i even managed to beat an 1800 player 3-0 earlier tonight =x. so yea, i think i've finally found something that truly works for me now =D

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 12/16/2009 at 4:08am
Tpgh2k,

What do you think of it's flat hitting capabilities? For the little I've played with it, it's much easier to smash with than tenergies or even genius for that matter, but it lacks a bit of put away power. However, for low fast loop drives it's up there with the best of them. I agree that the blocking is surprisingly controllable. It also seems to have a bit more sound than it's other brand competitors.

Date Posted: 12/16/2009 at 12:50pm
i've only had chances to do flat hits over the table with my bh on chance balls. so from that point of view it's pretty good. the rubber itself is only about medium speed (i like that) so if you feel like it lacks some umph then you'll just need to muscle it a little bit more.

on the fh side i have absolutely no problem looping very hard with it. the ball travels surprisingly fast even from 8-10 feet behind the table.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Posted By: Jeff(ATTC)
Date Posted: 02/26/2010 at 2:48am
Today I put on a sheet of Black, MAX JOOLA X-plode on my the FH of my Avalox P700. X-plode has a very firm sponge on a nice grippy topsheet. Countering, blocking, and looping are good (will follow up with more details after my practice session later today). I feel that this rubber needs to be broken in before I can really get some serious speed and spin.

-------------
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05

Posted By: viktorovich
Date Posted: 02/26/2010 at 7:54am
Someone can compare X-Plode vs Platin.
Thanks.

Posted By: ppgear
Date Posted: 02/26/2010 at 9:30am
There are some more reviews on the Table Tennis Database:

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/table-tennis-rubber.php?id=joola-express-x-plode - Joola Express X-plode Reviews

Feel free to post your reviews there too.

-------------
Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131

Date Posted: 02/26/2010 at 9:35am
the spin from xplode is so much better than any other tensor i've tried. paired with a YEO, it is absolutely lovely for the bh or the fh. the topsheet is very grippy but soft at the same time. this really helps with spin and loops but there is a drawback.

after nearly 3 months, i now see small chips on the edges. that's pretty much the only bad thing i've seen so far.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 02/26/2010 at 12:29pm

the spin from xplode is so much better than any other tensor i've tried. paired with a YEO, it is absolutely lovely for the bh or the fh. the topsheet is very grippy but soft at the same time. this really helps with spin and loops but there is a drawback.

after nearly 3 months, i now see small chips on the edges. that's pretty much the only bad thing i've seen so far.
A few of my friends say that X-plode plays better after it breaks in. Is that true? Have you experienced and increases in performance after several sessions?

-------------
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC

Posted By: viktorovich
Date Posted: 02/26/2010 at 5:35pm
To compare speed : Platin,Express1,X-Plode ?
Thanks.

Date Posted: 02/27/2010 at 1:55am
@jeff: i seem to like it better when its new. but it plays just as well when it's worn in...i feel like the sponge might get a bit softer and it wraps the ball a lot. but either way, i think it's plays well out of the box and worn in until it literally falls apart.

@vik: platin and express are about the same, xplode is a bit slower on passive shots but at higher gears they all are about the same.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 02/27/2010 at 7:49pm
ive been playing with it on my BH, i havent noticed any fragility problems, this rubber seems very very mildly tacky in contrast to the ultra grippiness of tenergy 05, so that might be why people think it plays slightly better broken in, the rubber has good click sound, sometimes i do feel like it might stick too much because of the slight tacky, not a good thing for BH loop, when i put a sheet of plastic to protect rubber, the plastic slips right off of tenergy, the plastic cover sticks to the x-plode

-------------
BTY Viscaria FL

Posted By: chris.b40
Date Posted: 02/27/2010 at 8:26pm
QUOTE  http://mytabletennis.net/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=18957&FID=5 - tpgh2k

"the blocks are a lot better (compared to bryce speed)"

I agree with you here but these rubbers  are no where near Bryce Speed FX in the blocking department

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Posted By: chris.b40
Date Posted: 02/27/2010 at 8:30pm
This is a very good review so far ,I like the tone as well as the fact that your experience comes through your written words ,nice.

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Date Posted: 02/28/2010 at 1:20am
Originally posted by BHDoom BHDoom wrote:

ive been playing with it on my BH, i havent noticed any fragility problems, this rubber seems very very mildly tacky in contrast to the ultra grippiness of tenergy 05, so that might be why people think it plays slightly better broken in, the rubber has good click sound, sometimes i do feel like it might stick too much because of the slight tacky, not a good thing for BH loop, when i put a sheet of plastic to protect rubber, the plastic slips right off of tenergy, the plastic cover sticks to the x-plode
I spent a lot of time at my local club today to soften the sponge up. I countered and looped with it for a while and beat it lightly with a rubber roller. At the end of the day the X-plode was a little softer and I found looping with it easier. Some of my club mates have told me that it takes roughly a week of normal playing to break X-plode in. The same clubmates also have x-plode on their blades; the weird thing is their x-plode is softer than my Vega Pro.

-------------
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC

Posted By: debraj
Date Posted: 02/28/2010 at 2:04am
did your explode lose some speed after about a week or so?

-------------
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
http://youtu.be/y9y9nE9g778" rel="nofollow - vid1
http://youtu.be/xqNy786yGOs" rel="nofollow - Vid 2

Date Posted: 02/28/2010 at 2:21am
it does lose some speed after a few days/weeks...but that only happens for blocks and counters. when you start hitting harder it's all the same.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 03/01/2010 at 12:05am
Day 3: X-plode is a little softer than the day before. Loops are easily landing on the table; the rubber bites the ball and then slings it out. Countering is still really good with this rubber; it is linear and has good pace. Blocking is pretty good, balls will land where I want them to. Flipping is good since the medium-hard sponge and the grippy topsheet do lots of the work.

Compared to Vega Pro:
Speed
X-Plode > Pro
Spin
X-Plode ~ Pro (Need more time to decide)
Control
Pro > X-Plode

-------------
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC

Date Posted: 03/01/2010 at 12:33am
welcome to the club jeff =). you've fully converted to xplode!

i'll add something...after 3 months of playing, i think the blocks have suffered a bit....not sure if it's b/c of me or b/c of the rubber. but we'll see!

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Posted By: holda
Date Posted: 03/01/2010 at 12:48am
saw this rubber today.hated the 50$ sticker price.i wonder if this rubber retains its grip for any longer time vs jo platinum or joola x-energy.i like tensors ,but they become worn so fast

-------------
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...

Posted By: BMonkey
Date Posted: 03/01/2010 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Jeff(ATTC) Jeff(ATTC) wrote:

Day 3: X-plode is a little softer than the day before. Loops are easily landing on the table; the rubber bites the ball and then slings it out. Countering is still really good with this rubber; it is linear and has good pace. Blocking is pretty good, balls will land where I want them to. Flipping is good since the medium-hard sponge and the grippy topsheet do lots of the work.

Compared to Vega Pro:
Speed
X-Plode > Pro
Spin
Control
Pro > X-Plode
I say the Vega Pro had a little bit more spin. And if all your backhand blocks with X-plode were going where you wanted them to then you are a sadist Tongue

Date Posted: 03/01/2010 at 1:46am
holda: i've had it for 3 months now and it's still grippy. slight rips near the edges but that's it.

-------------
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Date Posted: 03/01/2010 at 2:41am
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

Originally posted by Jeff(ATTC) Jeff(ATTC) wrote:

Compared to Vega Pro:
Speed
X-Plode > Pro
Spin
Control
Pro > X-Plode
I say the Vega Pro had a little bit more spin. And if all your backhand blocks with X-plode were going where you wanted them to then you are a sadist Tongue
Hey- all my FH blocks were going where I wanted them

-------------
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC

Date Posted: 03/21/2010 at 12:24am
I am going to give this a go again with my new DotecHinoki blade :)

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net