Print Page | Close Window

NEXY Reviews: the OSCAR blade

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30459
Printed Date: 04/24/2024 at 3:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: NEXY Reviews: the OSCAR blade
Posted By: speedy
Subject: NEXY Reviews: the OSCAR blade
Date Posted: 12/01/2009 at 7:42pm
All,

As you all know, some of us were selected by fatt and Mr. Moon to review Nexy equipment.  We received the equipment, and we are in the process of testing these blades and rubbers.  This thread is created to provide our reviews.  We will add our reviews daily as we finish with our tests.  Thank you for your patience.

Most of the reviews will be short and compact.  If you need more information, please feel free to PM the reviewers.

edit from fatt (with speedy's permission): This is the thread dedicated to the Oscar blade.

Official NEXY OSCAR picture from http://www.tak9.com/mall.php?cat=006001000&query=view&no=3314 - http://www.tak9.com/mall.php?cat=006001000&query=view&no=3314 :

http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/uploads/New/20091203_163735_oscar.jpg -

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Replies:
Date Posted: 12/01/2009 at 7:51pm
Blade:  Nexy Oscar (Carbon)
Speed:  8.5
Control:  9.0
Feel:  Soft
Weight:  86 grams
Rubbers:  BH: Nexy Kairos (short-pips), FH: Butterfly Cermet & Nittaku Hammond Pro Alpha

Review:  Oscar is a medium-fast carbon blade with extremely good control.   It is a flexible blade with very good feel for the ball.  The blade provides the speed plus the control for powerful loop from mid-distance, unbelievable smashes from close to the table and the accuracy for counter blocking.  This is a great blade for all-around aggressive players who are looking for power and control from a blade.  It�s good for both inverted and short pips players.

Improvement:  This blade is great the way it is.  However, if I can improve it, I would use a harder outer ply to reinforce and give more power on my attack shots.

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Posted By: Anton Chigurh
Date Posted: 12/01/2009 at 8:21pm
Nice review, nice looking blade. Do you think you guys could post the materials of the blades? For instance, that looks like Hinoki on the outer ply. Am I right? What are the other plies (besides the carbon plies)?

Sorry to appear as an ingrate in response to a nice review, but I find the material information to be quite useful.

If possible, thanks! If not, no biggie.

-------------
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80

Posted By: kelvinyoong
Date Posted: 12/01/2009 at 8:25pm
Don't suppose they have Nexy blades with nice AN handles?

-------------
Andrzej Grubba AN
Sriver 2.1 Sriver 1.9

Date Posted: 12/01/2009 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

Nice review, nice looking blade. Do you think you guys could post the materials of the blades? For instance, that looks like Hinoki on the outer ply. Am I right? What are the other plies (besides the carbon plies)?

Sorry to appear as an ingrate in response to a nice review, but I find the material information to be quite useful.

If possible, thanks! If not, no biggie.

The reason that I couldn't post the material because I am not so sure what it is.  But yes, it looks like Hinoki to me.

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Posted By: dragon kid
Date Posted: 12/01/2009 at 9:08pm
Can you compare it with another blade, for benchmark? that will hep a lot.

-------------
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'

Date Posted: 12/01/2009 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by dragon kid dragon kid wrote:

Can you compare it with another blade, for benchmark? that will hep a lot.

It's very similar to Joola Rossi Force.

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Posted By: thethinker
Date Posted: 12/02/2009 at 4:28pm
Blade: Nexy Oscar (Arylate Carbon)
Ply: 5W+2A/C
Peers: Butterfly Kong LingHui Special, Timo Boll Special, and Michael Maze.
Speed: 7.0/10, faster than Butterfly KLHS (7.0/10) and not as fast as Butterfly PC (8.0/10)
Control: 8/10, excellent amongst its peers.
Feel: medium feel
Weight: 92 gr. perfect weight for the balance!
Handle: ST (FL available)
Rubbers: BH: Butterfly Tenergy 05 2.1mm, FH: Commercial DHS Hurricane 3 tuned 2.2mm

Review:

Day 1. Oscar is a Nexy (next sexy to all you EJs) blade that has the distinct feel

and features of a Butterfly blade at a more reasonable price.

See pics here:

http://www.tak%209.com/mall.php?cat=006001000&query=view&no=3314%20 - http://www.tak 9.com/mall.php?cat=006001000&query=view&no=3314

A ball bouncing on the blade gives a pitch that is between that of Butterfly PC and Stiga Clipper.

Oscar is the fastest arylate carbon (A/C) blade this reviewer have used. If memory serves it's slightly faster than both Butterfly TBS and Butterfly KLHS.

It has a damping effect that KLHS/TBS/MM users are very familiar. This effect gives a good arc on loops, lots of dwell time, flex and control despite the fast wood and carbon. Yet the use of carbon still give the user a stiffer, more direct feel than any 7-ply when blocking and hitting.

This blade is ideal for a topspin player who wants more speed in his loops and for fast topspins both close to the table and mid-distance, not unlike that of the game of Timo Boll.

This is a blade for the very bold who have done his preparation. If you don't have a compact swing, good footwork, and little experience under your belt, you may not be able to control this beast!

Improvement:

Great blade for advanced offensive players who look for a balance between speed and spin; no weakness that I can spot so far, but I wish Stiga's WRB technology can be apply here because of my use of Stiga Titanium WRB.

-------------
Acoustic Acoustic Acoustic

Date Posted: 12/02/2009 at 10:36pm
thethinker,

Great review...

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Date Posted: 12/03/2009 at 3:57am
Thanks speedy! Just following the leader. LOL. BTW I like to find out what the layers of woods are also but that infomation is not available on Mr Moon's site.

Posted By: Peter C
Date Posted: 12/03/2009 at 9:27am
Blade:  Nexy Oscar ( 5 ply + 2 Arylate/Carbon)
Speed:  8.5
Control:  9.0 (better than the Michael Maze and Timo Boll Spirit)
Feel:  Medium
Weight:  91 grams
Handle : Straight and similar to the Michael Maze in size and feel.
Rubbers:  Forehand : 2.1mm Tenergy 64 and 2mm 868 Tokyo, which were taken off my Michael Maze.

Review

A well balanced blade 91 gram blade, with outer plies that look just like the outer plies of my Ishlion, which are Hinoki, with a high standard varnished finish.

Mr Moon Eui Bae has confirmed by email that the outer plies of the Oscar, are high grade Japanese Hinoki, which helps give it a different feel to any other arylate carbon I've used to date, i.e. the Timo Boll Spirit, Michael Maze, Dawei GTO and Galaxy K4.

Personally I like the feel of Hinoki, after playing with the Ishlion in the summer and was looking forward to playing with this blade.

The rest of the blade also has quality materials used in its construction, although I don't exactly know what the three inner wooden plies are.

However I do feel that Nexy have paid attention to detail, when developing the Oscar and it shows as they have produced what I feel is a great blade, with a good feel for the ball; which in turn makes it easier to play a good short game with, than the Michael Maze and Timo Boll Spirit.

Don't get me wrong, the Timo Boll Spirit and Michael Maze are very good blades, which I know well, but I've always felt that their muted feeling made the short game harder, compared to say 5 ply wooden blades.

Anyone familiar with the Michael Maze and Timo Boll Spirit will feel comfortable with this blade fairly quickly and speedwise, it is closer to the Michael Maze, which is good news for me, as I prefer the Michael Maze to the Timo Boll Spirit.

I agree with Speedy, the blade does provide the speed and control for power looping from mid-distance.

It also generates a lot of spin due to good dwell time, for a blade in it's speed class. This makes it easier to generate spin with compact loops closer in and one reason why I felt that 2.1mm Tenergy 64 performed better for me, when looping off the bounce and at the top of it, with the Oscar, than with the Michael Maze.

Likewise I picked up on how good it was for smashes close to the table and the accuracy for counter blocking, too. 

As thethinker mentions, this blade is ideal for topspin players, who want more speed on their loops, both close to the table and mid-distance.

I also agree this blade is good for players who can loop consistently, with a compact swing, good footwork and a little experience under your belt.

For players wanting to develop their looping skills, I would suggest a slower blade, than the Oscar.

True these are only my first impressions, but I am impressed with the Oscar's performance.

Improvement

The straight handle feels comfortable when playing with the blade, but the Color straight handle, with it's more rounded edges feels even more comfortable.

It's not so much an improvement, as an observation for those who would like a more rounded edge on their straight handle, which you can easily remedy with sandpaper and a few minutes.

Date Posted: 12/03/2009 at 2:11pm
Impressive review PeterC... Thumbs%20Up

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 12/03/2009 at 2:23pm
I am a bit shy now about writing my review after those 3 brilliant ones above...Embarrassed

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Date Posted: 12/03/2009 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I am a bit shy now about writing my review after those 3 brilliant ones above...Embarrassed

Oh com'on... it will be better and better... can't get worse, trust me... you will do fine... LOL

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Date Posted: 12/03/2009 at 5:21pm
I can't wait for Schlager's review of Oscar because he is using MM which would put him at a great position to make a comparison between the two.

Date Posted: 12/03/2009 at 7:25pm
Fatt

Don't worry about what we've written.

Your thoughts and experience of playing with the Oscar, are just as valid as ours and we are interested in what you think.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

The hardest part for me was collecting my thoughts, before I started typing, in order to try and write a review, that hopefully was an interesting read.

p.s. One thing I forgot to add, was I tested the Oscar with a Chinese friend, who uses a Yasaka Extra cpen,with Blue Whale II on the forehand and J O Coppa Gold on the backhand, which is a good set up.

What I like about him is he's knowledgeable about the game, a good player and gives good feedback, whenever we test anything out.  He tried the Oscar and commented on how well it played and that he liked the Tenergy 64.

Date Posted: 12/04/2009 at 5:18am
Peter C, is MM faster or slower than the Oscar? And which blade produces a higher arc on topspin?

Date Posted: 12/04/2009 at 8:20pm
thethinker

The speed of the Oscar, felt about the same as the Michael Maze, whereas I  forgot to take note of any differences in throw.

What I noticed more was the better control I had over Tenergy 64 on the Oscar, particularly in the short game and forehand looping.

One interesting fact that's come to light in my correspondence with Mr Moon Eui Bae, is that he plays with the Oscar himself, with Genius on the forehand and Nianmor on the backhand.

I must admit, I'm thinking of adopting this blade, as my main blade too.

Posted By: Jolan
Date Posted: 12/07/2009 at 4:08pm
Played the Nexy Oscar  tonight. See french review here .

http://www.tennis-de-table.com/forums/sujet-38920-1.html - http://www.tennis-de-table.com/forums/sujet-38920-1.html

See you tomorrow for more complete review in english.
They are going to like it (the blade, not the review...) !

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9" rel="nofollow - https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9

Date Posted: 12/07/2009 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by jcdi jcdi wrote:

Played the Nexy Oscar  tonight. See french review here .

http://www.tennis-de-table.com/forums/sujet-38920-1.html - http://www.tennis-de-table.com/forums/sujet-38920-1.html

See you tomorrow for more complete review in english.
They are going to like it (the blade, not the review...) !
Can't wait to know more about your own and your friends' impressions about the Oscar. I was surprised you liked better at first the Color than the Oscar given that you play the Redshank. I wonder how your impressions will evolve when (or if) you give the 2 blades more time.
It's so nice that you brought your buddies in.

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Date Posted: 12/07/2009 at 6:03pm
Fatt

This is Babel fish's French to English translation, so you can read the comments

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tennis-de-table.com%2Fforums%2Fsujet-38920-1.html&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate - http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tennis-de-table.com%2Fforums%2Fsujet-38920-1.html&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Date Posted: 12/07/2009 at 6:06pm

PeterC, I am French. I was born and raised in France LOL. I am in Seattle as a legal alien only (for the last 12 years). I meant I can't wait to read what follows (jcdi has more reviewing details coming ahead about the Oscar).

-------------

Date Posted: 12/07/2009 at 6:08pm
and btw i am sorry about our qualification to the mundial...(just in case you are pissed about it).

-------------

Date Posted: 12/07/2009 at 6:41pm
That's quite funny, I didn't realise you were French.

Regarding the hand of Thierry Henry, I'm not directly affected, as I'm English; but I do have some sympathy for Irish friends.

Unlike them, I'm looking forward to watching my country playing in South Africa, next summer.

Date Posted: 12/09/2009 at 11:28pm

Amongst the two I received (Color, Oscar), Oscar was definitly the one I expected to be the more promising. Being peered to TBS and MMaze by Peter C, 2 of my favorite blades...!

Same process as for the Color. 2 sessions, multiple players, xtend hs 2.0mm. 2 layers of joola varnish.
Mine is 86gr. A bit head heavy which is good for looping, not too much though.
Package : Received it in a nice and classy box. It's really impressive how every details are handled.
Look : Beautifull blade, nicely crafted. Every bit breathes quality.
Handle : Average. Comfy, a bit slim but with overgrip, perfect.
Behaviour : First hits in regularity, I was very satisfied. Clear sound, nice touch, decent speed. Particularity is the throw angle, it's LOW, very low. My rubbers are low throw, but on this blade (and I have quite a few blade...), balls are flying close to the net, if not touching it, everytime. It's good, I like it. however the speed  isn't even close to MMaze. I would compare it to Waldner senso carbon or Korbel. Touch is nice, excellent feedback. The thing is that the blade is very stiff (too ...?). Therefore, when I started to loop, I had to adjust my strokes. Coupled to the low throw, it needed a perfect footwork, placement to master the loops. It's not forgiving at all. Such blade requires high arm speed, very good technic. in other words, for advanced players only.
Blocking game is excellent. Low throw and stiffness help.
Hitting. Very good. that is actually in this part I feel the blade excells the most.

My friends, who have tried Oscar, liked it a lot. To be honest, since I was enjoying the Color more, I let them play with the Oscar most of the first session. However, the day after, I kept it 2 hours and played matches just like I had it for years. Eventhow the blade is very specific, adaptation time can be very short. I took a lot of pleasure but I was lacking  a bit of flexibility (the blade is far too rigid to my taste) for playing my looping game 100% accurately. Puzzling enough, I haven't lost any match with it...
In other words, I realise this is a great blade, but not for my game. My teammates were begging me to leave it to them for further play, but I had to go. That is to say, some will be hooked by this blade.
The blade shall fly to memepamal place next week for further test. He's a serial EJ and his knowledge is wide . his review should be more interresting . I suspect it should fit his game better than mine.
Stay tuned...

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9" rel="nofollow - https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9

Posted By: Schlager
Date Posted: 12/10/2009 at 10:45am
I tried the Nexy Oscar with Tenergy 64 and the Nexy Dexter with Boost TC yesterday, and I will post the first parts of my reviews after playing the opposite setups tomorrow!

-------------
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0

Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 8:50am
Jim T

In answer to your question on the Color thread:

I've not tried the Galaxy W1, so I can't compare it to the the Oscar.

What I do know is the Oscar, Michael Maze and Timo Boll Spirit, are all blades worthy of consideration, for a player looking to buy an arylate carbon.

As to which one you prefer, is going to be down to personal preference; as all three blades are stand out products.

Out of the two Butterfly blades, I personally prefer the Michael Maze; which is one of my favourite blades, over the Timo Boll Spirit, whereas others feel the opposite.

The Oscar is a blade, I can imagine some players preferring over the Butterfly blades and hence the reason why I suggested to BH-man, a big fan of Timo Boll Spirit; to give it a test.

Posted By: JimT
Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 11:22am
It's just that jcdi's review is a bit baffling. He is comparing it to two very different (imho) blades - Korbel (which is at least as fast as TBS) and Waldner Carbon Senso (which is certainly slower). Then he also says it is not very forgiving... it depends on his particular technique I guess...

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 5:10pm
Bearing in mind JCDI likes playing with the Color; I can understand why he might feel the Oscar is unforgiving, particularly if he's compared the two blades, side by side.

Regarding the speed, I'll be interested in the views of Schlager, on this one.

Date Posted: 12/14/2009 at 6:11pm
I've been way too busy working the last days.. Sorry, guys!

Here are my first impressions of the Nexy Oscar blade:

I have been playing with the Butterfly Michael Maze as my main blade for a couple of years now, so I will base this review on comparing the two.

Blade:  Nexy Oscar ( 5 ply + 2 Arylate/Carbon)
Speed:  A little slower than my MM. This could have something to do with the fact that it is 3-4 g. lighter.
Control:  A little better control than the MM, but not as solid for blocking etc.
Feel:  Medium
Weight:  84 grams
Handle : Straight and similar to the Michael Maze in size and feel. Maybe a little more rounded at the edges, but not much.
Rubbers:  Tenergy 64 2.1, brand new, both sides for the first session, and Boost TC max, used for a while, the second.

Review:

All rubbers was attached with speed glue, and that might have affected my experiences a bit. The rubbers were a little louder than usual.

The blade is a little lighter than I'm used to, but it felt well balanced, and even with Tenergy it wasn't really head heavy. The finish and quality of the blade looks really good, but I decided to give it a thin layer of varnish, just in case, as the top plies looked like hinoki.

The blade felt good for counter hitting, as it had good control, and really good feel for a composite blade. It was a little more flexy than MM, which gave it a little more dwell time, and produced more spin while looping. I also felt that it gave a little better control for both looping and the short game due to the slight softer feeling.

However this also affected blocking a bit, as it didn't feel as solid and stable as the Maze. I have never been a fan of vibration and flex in a tt blade, so right now I feel that the control and feel I gain isn't worth the lost stiffness that I love so much for blocking and smashing.

Improvement:

Right now I feel that there are three improvements that could be made to the blade:

1. A bit thicker innerply, to make it a bit stiffer. (This could maybe be solved by getting one that is a few grams heavier, though.)

2. The edges on the top of the handle (which touches my hand between my thumb and my index finger, and the top of my middle finger) feels a little too sharp, and is kind of annoying, especially while serving. It could easily be solved by sanding them a bit, however!

3. Not really an issue, but I really don't like the design. The colours are very "loud" and the whole concept with the oscar and everything feels a bit tacky. IMO it would have been better to just have a clean surface under the rubbers. This doesn't affect how the blade plays, though. So as I said, it's not really an issue. More of a personal opinion about the design.

When looking at these 3 improvements I could think of right now, I realise that if you did this to the Oscar, it would become my beloved Michael Maze.

I can't wait to try it out more, and I really hope it proves me wrong! It is really promising, and if I can change my blocking technique a bit, I think this could be my new main blade!

-----

These are all just first impressions, and I plan to play a lot the coming weeks, so I will update this post with new impressions as I get to play with it more.

I'm sorry that it took so long, and that this first post wasn't as good as it should be. I really feel that you, the blade, and Mr. Moon Eui Bae deserves a lot better!

I'll be back!

-------------

Date Posted: 12/15/2009 at 12:20am
I'll have a new session tonite. What you say about Oscar being flexier than MMaze makes me wonder whether I missed something...I found it right the opposite.

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Date Posted: 12/15/2009 at 5:15pm
The Oscar I recieved was 84 g. and the MM I have been using is around 90 g, so that could make the difference.. It could also have something to do with the speed glue I've been using..

-------------

Date Posted: 12/15/2009 at 5:36pm
Yeah, definitly slower. Tried it tonight again, my friend did too. We played alternatively MMaze and Oscar and we both agreed MMaze is a tiny bit faster. Oh, it's not much, but still, a bit...
Oscar was much appreciated by my friend who's a great blade connoisseur. He has more than 130 blades...(Speedy, you have a challenger, there...).

But the tiny difference in speed is not what makes a significant move, in between the two blades. We both found Oscar stiffer than MMaze but with a softer touch. I know, it sounds contradictional, but my poor english doesn't find better words to discribe it. Both great blade, I canno't say the one I prefer over the other. I think, that's a great compliment I can make to Oscar.

And now, Nexy, please stop reading otherwise your heart will start bleeding again...

We both agreed color was nicer than both MMaze and Oscar. Great feel and touch. Perfect balance and not so Off- than the first day. The thing is that, since we get acquainted with the color, we know how to handle it better, therefore we try some faster shot, therefore it's not that slow anymore...

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Date Posted: 12/15/2009 at 5:55pm
I always thought that speed of the blade (provided it is not a very DEF blade) is much less important than balance and touch. Speed you can get by applying yourself - there are great players who used ALL+ or OFF- blades and their power was still undeniable. Andrzej Grubba, Mikael Appelgren and Oh Sang Eun immediately come to mind. I am sure there are many many more...

Not to mention, you can always adjust your rubbers, make them a bit more powerful or faster...

-------------

Posted By: Nexy
Date Posted: 12/15/2009 at 8:54pm

And now, Nexy, please stop reading otherwise your heart will start bleeding again...

We both agreed color was nicer than both MMaze and Oscar. Great feel and touch. Perfect balance and not so Off- than the first day. The thing is that, since we get acquainted with the color, we know how to handle it better, therefore we try some faster shot, therefore it's not that slow anymore...

Thanks to your short lines of scribbling, my heart is bleeding, not with the frustration, but with the true satisfaction which is possible because I came to know that I was wrong.

When I first designed these two blades, I thought Color will be a nuclear bomb in this mania market. But when I finallised these two blades, I found out I prefer to play with Oscar. And I was little bit worried, because I thought probably Color is not good enough to become that big one,---- that's why I prefer to play with Oscar.

In reality, it's quite the opposite. People are writing more about Color, as I intended and planned from the beginning.
But I think it's also very good thing for me. Oscar has quite competitive price to other arylate carbon blades, but Color will be felt little bit pricey.

Oscar is usd 120, and color is usd 80. Actually both of them are not very cheap, but that's inevitable for me, because I have some trouble to get qualified Hinoki, which is normally not possible for European factory.

Any ways, I think overall usd 120 is not a big deal, because it can be compared with other blades, but usd 80 for Color was toublesome becuase there is no blade to be compare with, but people will try to compare it with very different other blades.

So, if you really liked Color, then I hope that can prove that Color is very unique and has it's own value. That's the most good thing I can get from this long period of tests.

Thank you again.

-------------
Brand Manager of NEXY

Date Posted: 12/15/2009 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I always thought that speed of the blade (provided it is not a very DEF blade) is much less important than balance and touch. Speed you can get by applying yourself - there are great players who used ALL+ or OFF- blades and their power was still undeniable. Andrzej Grubba, Mikael Appelgren and Oh Sang Eun immediately come to mind. I am sure there are many many more...
That's exactly what my friend told me after playing with the "color". Most pros are looking for feel, balance and precision. Speed, they can perform it by themselves due to there superior skills and training. Besides, they now have access to super fast rubbers that can counter balance relative slowness of blades.
Off++ blades are for us, poor mortals, who canno't generate speed by ourselves...

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Date Posted: 12/17/2009 at 6:21pm
I was down the club today, using my 92 gram Petr Korbel, with Tenergy 64 and can confirm that a 91 gram Oscar, is faster than a 92 gram Petr Korbel.

Tenergy 64 also felt better to play with on the Petr Korbel, than any other blade I've used it on to date.

Regarding the Oscar, that still has H3 Neo on it. but they are going to be moved to another blade and I'll get some other rubbers to test on it.

Date Posted: 12/19/2009 at 3:29am
Review: Several more test runs. Here is my personal opinion. This blade is very easy to
adjust to after playing my Stiga. The more I play the more the Oscar looks but doesn't feel
like a Butterfly. On look, the similarity extends from the thickness of each layer and the
handle to the silver badge at the bottom of the handle. In terms of quality the shots speaks
for themselves--topspins after topspins with beautiful arc and powerful spin. However On
feel, one might, think Oscar is the new generation of A/C blades. The middle layer of Oscar
gives a very strong spring that I have never seen or experience before on any Carbon blades.
It's a marvelous, unique combination. One can feel the harder hinoki wood and A/C on top of
it, but that middle layer is so soft and springy it speaks out with volume on contact. That
can make it hard to control or hard to get the same arc that I am used to unless I use a
harder sponge. If not, with a soft sponged rubber the arc is very high and the sweet spot
seems smaller than I am used to with my Stiga combo. Some could even say that soft rubbers
will result in slightly difficulties in block and short game.

I am looking for some hard sticky Chinese rubbers to pair with Oscar. That's very convenient
for someone who like to just use hard Chinese rubbers but don't like to modify the rubbers.
It's also convenient because I like to use cheaper Chinese rubbers to gain more control and
spin but have a hard time finding a carbon blade that can combines well with Chinese
rubbers. And for me Tenergy is slightly too fast for forehand on Oscar. Don't get me wrong,
Tenergy is the ideal rubber for this blade if you like spin as well as speed, but I don't
think many including me can't afford a set of Tenergy; besides, this blade doesn't require
Tenergy. My forehand rubber has to be spiny first, and then has the option to be fast.
All of Butterfly's blades are too hard to use Chinese rubbers without modification. The next
time I will try some kind of Hurricane, TG2, Inspirit Quattro, BW2, etc on Oscar without any
tuning. The weight of the combo is going to be very heavy but I am used to it with my
Hurricane(tuned)/Tenergy/Stiga Titanium WRB (Stiga Titanium WRB is about 97grs). I loop with
big muscles, i.e. legs, mid-section, and upper body. I don't loop with smaller parts like
just the forearm and wrist. So weight have never been an issue, but if someone is interested
trying this blade with Chinese rubbers, be sure to ask for a light blade, something at or
below 85gr.

This blade provides a lot of power, spin, and consistency given the right rubbers. I can
honestly say that I can switch and use this blade for a long time with no problem
whatsoever. Just use harder sponges Chinese rubbers, which seems all Nexy blades are really
good for. Hey, I can stop tuning. For me tuning was never about extra speed, just better
control that I can get from softening the sponges.

Improvement: This blade can be improved with the use of a thinner middle layer, which makes
the total thickness more desirable for me and makes the blade less springy for the use of
softer rubbers. In addition, some kind of finish should be apply on the handle to ensure the purple paint don't come off with wear and mixed with the yellow to form green. It's sad to see some ugly green covering up the bright yellow after just a few hours of playing.

Date Posted: 12/19/2009 at 3:44am
I also had the wrong price for Oscar doing the convertion. It's the same as other A/C, about $120USD.

Date Posted: 12/20/2009 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by thethinker thethinker wrote:

However On feel, one might, think Oscar is the new generation of A/C blades.

The middle layer of Oscar gives a very strong spring that I have never seen or experience before on any Carbon blades.
It's a marvelous, unique combination.

One can feel the harder hinoki wood and A/C on top of it, but that middle layer is so soft and springy it speaks out with volume on contact.

That can make it hard to control or hard to get the same arc that I am used to unless I use a harder sponge. If not, with a soft sponged rubber the arc is very high and the sweet spot seems smaller than I am used to with my Stiga combo.

You found the core factor for this blade's real value.
I spent 1 and a half year trying to find the best possible structure, studying all famous arylate carbon blades, and I tried something unusual wood for the center layer, and it was a really big hit.

That center layer makes the springy effect when you hit on the ball.
And that's the secret I can make the blade compact, not losing good control. I think you are guite a professional reviewer, thank you!!

-------------
Brand Manager of NEXY

Date Posted: 12/21/2009 at 1:56am
Nexy, your choice of wood make the blade very unique. I found Oscar suited almost exclusively for Chinese rubbers (or Chinese like i.e.Tenergy) for my forehand. Since you use this blade what rubbers have you tried and on what did you eventually settled? Please feel free to tell us your game and how you play.

Date Posted: 12/21/2009 at 2:05am

Nexy, your choice of wood make the blade very unique. I found Oscar suited almost exclusively for Chinese rubbers (or Chinese like i.e.Tenergy) for my forehand. Since you use this blade what rubbers have you tried and on what did you eventually settled? Please feel free to tell us your game and how you play.

Very interesting point.  I found that Oscar is a little bit soft (flexible).  It's good with Tenergy and H3 Neo.  That's also my opinion.  Great review thethinker.

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Date Posted: 12/21/2009 at 11:57pm

Ok, I will tell you more about it.

When I first started designing this blade, I tested it with high tension rubbers, Nimbus and Nimbus HS. (Nimbus HS is faster Nimbus which is selling only in Korea.) I'm also Tibhar's Korean agent, and at that time my Nexy rubbers were not out in the market.

But I started on my rubber project, and my Nexy rubber came on the blades. This rubber Demian is similiar to Tenergy, but not that much good. (But the price of this rubber is only 25 dollors.)

Actually, this Demian is jointing little sticky top sheet with fast high tension sponge, and the basic idea is similiar to present sticky rubbers, Genius, Hexer and so on.

So, while I test my blades with Demain, little by littel I came to know that all other European brands are trying the same way, as I tried with my rubber Demian.
Actually, I think Genius is better than my Demian, but still the basic character is similiar.

And when I got several sample Genius from Tibhar, I was about to finallise the structure of the blade. (or composition)
So I can safely say Oscar and Color was finallised with two rubbers, Genius and Demian.

After that, all the things were about handles. So, those two rubbers were the stuff I always tried to match my two blades.

Any way, I think due to this, many reviewers are now thinking my Oscar and Color is good together with Chinese sticky rubbers or Tenergy, Genius...and so on.

As for me, I prefer to play with Genius.
Oscar and Color are very notable with their long dwell time, which can maxmise the wonderful sign curve of Genius.
But I think Oscar will be good with Chinese sticky rubbers, as well as my Demian rubbers.

-------------
Brand Manager of NEXY

Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 1:52pm
Thank you NEXY for sharing some insight and let us see the world of a blade maker.
I have not been playing, and hence not been testing my Nexy blades, because the club is closed during the holidays. I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and New Year.
This year I like to test more blades--that's my resolution. Hehe. Very easily achieved.

Posted By: wictoriouz
Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 4:51pm
Gosh, I do really like the look of this! How does this handle compare to the t5000? Because I really like those handles.
Until next time

wictoriouz

-------------
Current setup:
Ma Lin Soft Carbon
FH: Haifu whale 2 MAX black
BH: Donic desto F3 Bslam
Glue: free chack

Date Posted: 01/04/2010 at 4:52pm
In terms of thin to Thick handle...

-------------
Current setup:
Ma Lin Soft Carbon

Date Posted: 01/05/2010 at 3:30am
I have both ST handle of the T5000 (have the BW 2 national on it too) and the Oscar. They are very close in size. The Oscar may be a little bigger (1mm more each on both width and height, the bigger height is from a thicker blade) but you shouldn't feel it. However, the difference is the neck area of the Oscar is little more and longer. So you have to sand it off a little or you can get a blister.
I hope other reviewers share this finding. I would go as far as to suggest to Mr Moon that he should make some some change to the neck area.

Date Posted: 01/05/2010 at 4:32am
Thank you for that reply thethinker!

-------------
Current setup:
Ma Lin Soft Carbon

Date Posted: 01/11/2010 at 2:26pm

Since I came back from the Nationals on December 20th 2009 I exclusively played with the NEXY Oscar and here are my impressions.

Blade:  86grams Nexy Oscar FL Handle
FH Rubber: 49 grams Black Butterfly Tenergy 64 2.1
BH Rubber: 40 grams Red Stiga Boost TC 2.0

Review:

The total weigth including the rubbers is 175 grams which is on the lighter side as I generally play with setups that are 185 to 195 grams. That light weight gives me an extraordinary well balanced setup. The blade feels  very well in hand and the FL handle fits my hand perfectly. The blade does not vibrate at all while giving an excellent feel: at contact, the ball is felt as a frank impact that does not leave useless vibrations behind. I always highly appreciate that feature.
The blade is not a speed monster but is strongly installed in the top of the Offensive category, being clearly faster than its "older cousin" the Timo Boll Spirit.

Being not too thick I could enjoy a more than moderate flex and so looping was very straightforward thanks to the soft outer hinoki plies. My forehand loop was giving higher arc than usual and it really gave me the opportunity to focus on placement and angles rather than loop kills.

With a sheet of Stiga Boost TC 2.0 on the backhand it was a bit too soft. The ball would stay for ever and it was great to use only to backhand loop over the table when -for example- returning short backspin serves. I would rather play with Stiga TP 2.0 on the backhand on this blade. I practiced for 10 minutes the BH loop with the Tenergy 64 2.1 and it was a bit too fast for me however the hardness felt just right!

The short game worked great. I must say I have been playing with good touch with very fast blades lately (Schlager, T5000, PC) so of course my short game with the Oscar was even better.

My conclusion:

This wonderful balde is asking medium hard sponge for a best experience. It is a blade that offers a great feel and so best practice would be to use no more than 2.0mm sponge to take advantage of it while keeping a balanced setup.
A dream setup would be for example Tenergy 05 1.9 on the FH and Stiga Boost TP 2.0 and the BH. Or maybe NEXY rubbers? Tongue
I recommend the blade for developing players above 1500 who want to be control loopers.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/11/2010 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Being not too thick I could enjoy a more than moderate flex ...

Are you sure you wanted to say it like that, fatt? Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 01/11/2010 at 3:09pm
I did setup myself for it didn't I? Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 01/12/2010 at 1:14pm
Interesting. You are saying use thinner 1.9mm sponges. This give some of the same effect as my recommendation of using harder sponges, which is reducing the bounce of the combo, making the combo less soft, and getting more speed and less arc out of it. A very good alternatives, good recommendation. This blade really give so much spin that you have to reduce it somehow in order to add speed. I supposed that is the prefered way of building a good blade, i.e. rather than having to increase the spin by going to soft sponges.

Date Posted: 01/25/2010 at 4:43pm
New test with tenergy 64 2.1mm on FH tonight. It is MUCH better than my xtend hs on this blade. I've enjoyed every shots, not my partner...
I've mentionned before Oscar provides very low throw angle shots. With tenergy which is high arc, it is balancing perfectly ! 
I feel like I found (for me...) the perfect match with that blade. It's very rewarding...
Now I am much embarrassed... I said before (maybe too quickly...) I was fanciing Color more than Oscar...I'm not so sure anymore...
After all, that's what tests are made for, isn't ?
What I'm sure of, is that Oscar can easily compete with other Arylate/carbon blades I've played with before, such as Butterfly Maze and TBS. Go nexy, go !

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Date Posted: 01/25/2010 at 4:54pm
jcdi, I suspect that you (as myself) are suffering from affliction called "adjustability". What I mean is that whenever I play with a more or less decent blade which more or less suits my style I find myself adjusting to it relatively easy, and liking it more and more with every minute of play.

It is only after you have played with each blade for many days and even many weeks, you start feeling subtle differences between them, get much better understanding which rubbers go well with them, and finally only then you can decide which one is best for you.

Me - I cannot say which of my 3-4 primary blades is best for me. Simply because there are days when I play better with WRC-10, and on another day I feel I cannot play with anything but Nexy Color, and then I realize that my Darker Speed 90 is the ultimate blade. And then the cycle continues... Tongue

-------------

Date Posted: 01/25/2010 at 5:41pm
Ha Ha Ha ! My affliction isn't adjustability, it is versatility !
If you spend time enough to retrace my post for the last 5 years, you will see I fall in love with a blade every 6 monthes...
At the moment, my mistress name is MADASH !
I've spent 3 years with miss acoustic (she holds the record...), but for the rest, it's quick stories....
But yes, all in all, you are right. What I enjoy the most in testing blades is the search of the perfect match. As soon as I detect a good potential in a blade, I will not be satisfied until I find the rubber which matches this blade perfectly for my game. On the other hand, when I don't like something, I know it at once and I don't insist. I don't like to review things I didn't like because I know some other players might enjoy it and could be discourage by my bad undertakings.

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Date Posted: 01/29/2010 at 4:07pm
I played the Oscar a few more time with TG2 fh and T05 bh. Everything is pretty much what I expected and it seems that this is the right rubbers for this blade, for me anyway. Lots gears. Lots control and power for spinning. Haven't lost any matches but haven't play anyone above 1970 with this combo.

Date Posted: 02/04/2010 at 7:36pm
Up until last week I was using 2.15mm H3 Neo on the Oscar and decided to compare it with the 2.2mm 39% H3 Neo, that was on the Color.

The result is I actually prefer the 2.2mm 39% H3 Neo, on the Oscar; as it's better for looping on the forehand; particularly when looping from 4-5 feet off the table.

Even though I liked the performance of 2.2mm H3 Neo on the Color, I feel it's a better match on the Oscar.

Posted By: rokphish
Date Posted: 02/05/2010 at 1:20am
yeah... i like oscar better than color myself... pairing with 2.2 neo as well..

-------------
instagram: rokphishtt

Member of EJ Anonymous
Hurricane Lover

Date Posted: 02/14/2010 at 10:06pm
Finally I feel like I can post something here. Played with Oscar two times - an hour each.

My (formerly from lildudejds) Oscar is 88 g, FL.

Craftsmanship is (as always with Nexy) extremely good, very nice finish, great look. Now to the specifics. I will be making comparisons to other two Nexy blades I have tested before: Color and Dexter. As with those two I had two Outlaws MAX (2.2) on both sides of the combo.

Balance: almost as good as Color. However it feels like the balance is overshifted (is that a word?) just a bit into the handle. That means that you would be well advised to use heavier rubbers on Oscar (Tenergy 05, Blue Whale, thick tensors etc.). Then the balance should be just right.

Result: better than Dexter, slightly different (not worse) than Color.

Speed: about the same as Dexter, meaning that it is approximately 10% faster than Color. However, with Dexter it came as a result of shifted balance and thicker plies. Here it results from extra spring which comes from...? carbon-arilate layer, perhaps? slightly unusual balance?

Result: 10% faster than Color, same as Dexter

Control: yes, I agree with other guys who said that Oscar is also a 2-gear blade. Gentle touch produces really gentle stroke, faster swing produces fast hit. Different from Dexter in that regard, very similar to Color. However, there is this extra spring in Oscar which I found somewhat disquieting for myself. It's a quality rather similar to the catapult effect on the tensor rubbers. As I said many times before on this forum, I don't like that - I do not need my rubbers or my blade to behave in a non-linear fashion. However, there are tons of players (a majority of OFF/OFF+ players, perhaps) who enjoy  that, who like that quality and who learned to employ it in their style. More power to them then, I say and wholeheartedly recommend Oscar for players of that ilk.

Result and recommendations: Control is just a tad worse than Color but better than Dexter. However, I think if you paired Oscar with fast but tacky rubbers (Hurricanes of many types come to mind) then the catapult effect will not be as prominent and disturbing but will help to counteract the usual slowness of response during slow and mid-power shots which is something that many people complain about when playing with tacky rubbers.

Short game: very good. For an OFF blade - outstanding. Just a touch less than Color but relatively to the overall speed, excellent balance of short game prowess and attacking speed.

Result: the best OFF blade in this department I ever played with.

Flat attack, smash - surprisingly less convincing than both Color and Dexter. Needs heavier and harder rubbers to shift balance into the head and produce nice smashes and flat killstrokes.

Result: not as good as Dexter or even Color for that matter. But it can be fixed by proper rubber choice (depends on the playing style though).

Blocking: once again, it depends on the rubbers. By itself Oscar is a very decent blocking blade, with large sweet spot and consistency. But it is a rather bouncy composite so do not expect to be dazzled by its blocking abilities per se.

Result: very good but not excellent. Depends much on how good you are yourself in this particular element.

Looping - outstanding. I bet that if you put on it some rubbers which loopers love (Outlaws are OK but do not excel there) then Oscar will simply dazzle you. However, as I am not a huge looper myself (I can do them but  not as a standard element of my game - but for the purpose of this testing I  have undertaken a few cycles) you need to take this recommendation with some measure of salt.

Result: better than Dexter and Color.

Defensive game - not something you would want to bother with this blade. This is really more OFF than OFF- blade (to compare with, Color is OFF- with some nice ALL qualities). That extra springiness I mentioned above does not help chopping or controlled low slices/pushes. Doable, of course, but not this blade's forte. Close to the table defensive control is quite OK but as you go farther from the table, this blade shows its offensive nature.

Result: worse than Color (noticeably), on par with Dexter.

My overall conclusion: this is the blade that Anton (I mean our forummer Anton Chigurh here of course) should have bought, not Dexter. Very much recommended for OFF players, especially for those who play closer to the table and need nice touch over the table as well. I repeat - this is the best OFF blade I have ever played with (not  that I covered hundreds of them, but... let's say, around 10-15).

For my (OFF-) style I could see myself play with it (much more so than in case of Dexter) if it weren't for Color. If I did I would have taken Outlaws off and put on it something like Gambler Wraith or LKT Rapid Speed (mildly tacky, softer but springy and fast rubbers). I bet that for the tensor lovers rubbers like T-64 and Xiom Vega will play superbly on this great blade (provided that the overall balance of the blade is to their liking). Same goes for people who love heavier tacky new Chinese rubbers like Neo, BW-2 and such.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/15/2010 at 3:48am
Very nice review, JimT. I meet all your statements. The blade works much better with T64 than with german tensors. I'm not sure about T05 or harder chinese tacky. I shall try it with demian soon which is in that range. I'll let you know.

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Date Posted: 02/15/2010 at 4:52pm
Good review Jim. I am now using the Oscar as my main (sh) weapon, Hannibal as back up, because I have just enough time for so many blades. I really like Nexy blades for Chinese rubbers. I hope Anton give his blade a little more time.

Posted By: Anton Chigurh
Date Posted: 02/15/2010 at 5:11pm
I feel honored to be mentioned in your review, JimT. Approve LOL (Another excellent one, BTW.)

As it happens, I don't care for composite blades. Or I should say, I don't care for the ones I've tried so far: Butterfly Michael Maze and Nittaku Rutis. They were not bad, but I just don't care for the feel of composite blades. I much prefer all-wood blades. Nonetheless, your review and suggestion are tempting...

But... no, darn you! LOL I've spent the last two months EJ-ing, and I'm finally smitten with my current setup. When I think of EJ-ing more, I feel nauseous. No more temptation, guys! I invoke my overwhelming power as "Assistant Moderator" and declare a ban on all equipment reviews, henceforth!!! LOL

Dexter is an awesome blade at high speed; but as you guys mentioned, it's a one-gear blade. My short game isn't terribly strong to begin with. Using Dexter, it was atrocious. If only Dexter had the short game of Color... *sigh*

As a side note, my Dexter is for sale! Wink Perhaps once my short game improves (and assuming no one purchases Dexter), I may give him another whirl in a few months.

Until then, Yasaka Hinoki Leo 7, Neo H2, and Coppa Platin, FTW!!! Star

-------------
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80

Date Posted: 02/16/2010 at 1:10am
Odd...! If you like Dexter so much, don't give it up because of the short game. That is one of my favorite skill I found this blade has. I was really impressed by the blade behaviour in that part. It is actually much easier to adjust his short game with a "one gear blade" rather than with a "two gear blade". Just my two cents....

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Date Posted: 02/16/2010 at 9:47am
Added a small Blocking section to my review.

-------------

Posted By: speaquinox
Date Posted: 02/16/2010 at 12:50pm
Let me know if anyone decides to sell his/her Oscar (preferably ST).

-------------
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena

Date Posted: 02/16/2010 at 1:00pm
I wouldn't feel comfortable selling an Oscar I got from Nexy for free. Trading might be another thing - and that is something I am trying to do right now. Wink

-------------

Posted By: speaquinox
Date Posted: 02/16/2010 at 2:53pm
I didn't know all of you guys got it for free. Anyway, sellers pm me then.

-------------
Innerforce ALC, Glayzer / Rozena

Date Posted: 02/16/2010 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by speaquinox speaquinox wrote:

I didn't know all of you guys got it for free. Anyway, sellers pm me then.

Probably not all of us - but the original testers did.

-------------

Posted By: chris.b40
Date Posted: 02/16/2010 at 3:42pm
Nice review

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Date Posted: 02/16/2010 at 5:38pm
I've played the Oscar tonite with tenergy64 2.1mm and Demian max. As expected, Demian behaves much better on Oscar than on Acoustic. Looks like Demian needs stiff blade to develop its potential. But still, tenergy is much faster than demian so it ended up on FH while I kept demian BH.
This set up is really good, especially tenergy 64 and Oscar. It's fast, powerful and reliable. Demian on BH provides very solid feel, great spin on loops, enough speed on drives. I made a lot of unforced errors when pushing. Put the blame on my poor experience with chinese tacky rubbers.
Oscar is such a good blade that it fits either german tensors, Japanese tenergies and chinese tackies. It's rare enough to be mentioned. I suspect tenergy05 to be equally good too on this blade. Weight isn't really an issue. My combo tonite weighted 180gr which is quite acceptable.

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Date Posted: 03/01/2010 at 3:00am
Dear Nexy. Thank you for having built the Oscar blade, thank you for having promoted this testing program, thank you for having chosen me. I have dressed, as mentionned above, Oscar with Tenergy 64 (both sides, now) and, oddly enough, I played with it my two last competitions.
Results have been more than satisfaying. 4 wins, 3 losses. Losses have nothing to do with the blade but rather to my opponents who were better than me....The point is that I have enjoyed every minutes of it. This set up provides an amazing combination for power looping and safe hitting. I'm still struggling with the short and the block game but it is mainly due to T64 which is very sensitive to incoming spin. Please forgive my first initial mixed feelings and congrats again for such a great blade !

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Date Posted: 03/01/2010 at 9:19pm
So jcdi you giving up the Madash? -)

Date Posted: 03/01/2010 at 10:40pm
No. It's just that I have tendinosis at the moment. I can't train seriously. I just play my 3 team matches and then it hurts too much. Madash needs me to force my motions a bit that I can't do. Oscar and T64 provides extra power without being uncontrollable.

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Date Posted: 03/19/2010 at 1:08am

One  small news.

Nexy.Com is going to be available very soon.

It took for more than 2 month to renew the site, and the banking process made me wait also one more month, but now nexy.com site is about to be reopen again.

I hope this site is a good place for every one to look around.
http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30910&PID=404865#404865 -

-------------
Brand Manager of NEXY

Date Posted: 03/19/2010 at 5:40am

Thank you for the info re your new Nexy.com website. Looks very nice. It should please my fellow french forumers who were, I must say, a bit reluctant to order on your Tak9.com. Even if google translator is good enough, it wasn't very "friendly user".

If I may suggest you :  Onto your Tak9.com website, customer has the opportunity to choose his blade between different blades weight and also check the availabilities. This is, IMHO, a great plus compared to your competitors websites. Why didn't you duplicate this facility onto your new Nexy.com site ?

Ps: Did you notice, I'm now playing with your blade as set up number 1 ?Wink

-------------
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm

Date Posted: 03/19/2010 at 11:52am

You traitor! Angry

Expect silent ninjas with Butterfly logos on their bandannas to appear soon on your doorstep...

-------------

Date Posted: 03/21/2010 at 9:53pm

Thank you for the info re your new Nexy.com website. Looks very nice. It should please my fellow french forumers who were, I must say, a bit reluctant to order on your Tak9.com. Even if google translator is good enough, it wasn't very "friendly user".

If I may suggest you :  Onto your Tak9.com website, customer has the opportunity to choose his blade between different blades weight and also check the availabilities. This is, IMHO, a great plus compared to your competitors websites. Why didn't you duplicate this facility onto your new Nexy.com site ?

That's a good news. I hope you can keep on playing with Nexy.....

Regarding the weight of the blades, I hope I can do the same thing, but not easy to do.Maybe, I need to check more, if I can do it.

If you have any more new idea about http://www.nexy.com - www.nexy.com , please, write more or email me.

Thank you again.

-------------
Brand Manager of NEXY

Posted By: BeaverMD
Date Posted: 05/23/2010 at 4:31pm
I know this topic is old but I wanted to add my opinions about the Oscar.  I used a clubmates blade with Sriver L on the FH and Sriver EL on the BH.  It was sad actually.  His dad accidentally stepped on his old racket and broke it Cry  So his dad bought him two new blades, the Oscar and some other which I haven't seen.

I'll try to compare it with another popular A/C blade - the Viscaria.  The Oscar definitely has a slightly harder feel and considerably faster than the Viscaria.  I think the Sriver L on the FH provided good power, steady spinning, and most important for me, good ball feel when out of position.  On the negative side, I felt that Sriver EL on the BH for me is too soft for this blade.  The kid that let me use it was about 1500-1600 but improving.  He seemed to have good control with the Sriver EL on the BH.

There was a 2500 player visiting our club.  He tried it but didn't like it right away.  I think it had to do with him using Kreanga Carbon with Bryce on both sides.  He prefers a stiffer feel.  A 2300 player who uses Balsa Carbo X5 with Sriver G3 liked the Oscar though.  But like me, he didn't like the Sriver EL on the BH.

Overall, I thought the Nexy Oscar is a good solid blade.  Many here have stated that it might be too fast but I think it depends on the rubbers on it.  I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to beginners with thinner sponge Mark V or Sriver, especially Sriver EL.  It would have been nice to test it with some of my own faster rubbers though ex. Bryce FX, Neo H3, Catapult, Mambo C etc.  But I enjoyed hitting with the Sriver L on the FH.  Oh, one last thing, one other positive thing I liked about Oscar is the dampening feel when blocking.  Felt like putting brakes on your opponent's loops.

Date Posted: 05/24/2010 at 10:17am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Oh, one last thing, one other positive thing I liked about Oscar is the dampening feel when blocking.  Felt like putting brakes on your opponent's loops.

I do agree with your last comment. !!

-------------
Brand Manager of NEXY

Date Posted: 06/13/2010 at 10:46pm
Now I'm writing an article about how I make blades.

Regarding OSCAR, I want to give one information.
Oscar has a very natural feeling and vibration, not like other Arylate carbon blades.
The result is not very peculiar when you compare other blades and Osar only with speed, but it's very outsanding, when you think about feeling.

And that feeling genrates big spin and good control,while you don't lose any other good factors most other Arylate carbon blade has.

Maybe later, I will write more about it.

-------------
Brand Manager of NEXY

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net