Print Page | Close Window

tibhar h-3-9

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31653
Printed Date: 03/28/2024 at 4:36am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: tibhar h-3-9
Posted By: zain islam
Subject: tibhar h-3-9
Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 11:03am

any reviews on this blade. i heard its 7 mm thick and has three plys of hinoki.

-------------
blade: butterfly schalger carbon
forehand rubber: sriver L max
backhand rubber: sriver EL max

Replies:
Posted By: Anton Chigurh
Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by zain islam zain islam wrote:

any reviews on this blade. i heard its 7 mm thick and has three plys of hinoki.

H = Hinoki, 3 = 3 plies, 9 = 9mm thickness.

I don't know about the H-3-9, but I know the H-1-9 (a one-ply Hinoki blade) has terrible vibration issues. If you're going to have a Hinoki blade that is 9mm, you're better off getting a one-ply. I suggest either going http://www.americanhinoki.com/ - here and getting a custom made WRC or POC, or going http://www.iruiru.com/e/ - here to get a Darker Hinoki Shake Speed 90.

Posted By: holda
Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 1:51pm
not true-there are no vibrations on either 1 or 1 3 ply hinokis.these are fast blades with soft feel,very different from carbon laminated or all wood 5/7 ply blades.just way too different.i have had a couple of 1 ply and 3 ply hinoki blades.there are tons of comments on the forum,please use search function.the discussion been active for like 2 years now.

-------------
Be right back...
Please email to me if pm box is full.Later...

Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

not true-there are no vibrations on either 1 or 1 3 ply hinokis.

I guess I wasn't clear... I meant the nasty vibrations are specific to the TIBHAR one-ply blades, not ALL one-ply blades. For example, I listed the Darker Hinoki Shake Speed 90--it is a one-ply Hinoki blade that (supposedly) doesn't have undesireable vibrations. I plan to order one soon. Also, I ordered a couple blades from Kevin at American Hinoki. Others have said his one-ply blades do not have undesireable vibrations.

However, I've read that the TIBHAR blade has unacceptable vibrations, AND I guy I know at my club got one and it vibrated like a baseball bat in winter time. Horrible. He had to return it.

So, to clarify:

TIBHAR one-ply blades tend to vibrate in unacceptable ways.
Other companies produce one-ply blades that are fine.

There is not one blade on the planet that will give you the feel of a nice one-ply Hinoki blade. Simply amazing.

EDIT: Nittaku came out with a 3-ply Hinoki blade, fairly recently. It is called the Telion. It is rated as OFF- and costs about $55. Nittaku also makes the Septear, which is a 7-ply Hinoki blade. It is rated OFF and costs about $58. I haven't played with either, but I hear good things about the Septear. I think the Telion is pretty new, so I haven't heard anything about it. The only issues I have with Nittaku is that their handles tend to be tiny.

Posted By: igorponger
Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 3:04pm
H-3-9 is a three-ply blade, 9mm thick, and had been designed to give a better ball feeling to your hand. Much as fast as the H-1-9 model.
H-1-9 is a single-ply system, 9mm thick, with a superb speed and NO vibration, hence you will surely get very poor perception of the ball.
Hear is an excerpt from TIBHAR'93 Catalogue
H-1-9 /weight 95gr /speed 10 /control 1
H-3-9 /95 /9+ /5 /
Just for comparision purpose
CABRERA OFF, 6ply /90gr /8+ /7 /
CABRERA ALL, 6ply /90gr /7+ /7+ /
P.CHILA ALL, 5ply (silver-coloured) /75 /7+ /8 / -- my best favourite of ALLround type blades. Genuine weapon for the "master-of-all" players.

Posted By: igorponger
Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 3:13pm
H-3-9 is a three-ply blade, 9mm thick, it had been designed to give a better ball feeling to your hand. Much as fast and dead as the H-1-9 model.
H-1-9 is a single-ply system, 9mm thick, with a superb speed and <NO vibration at all; hence you will surely get very poor perception of the ball both with the H-3-9 and H-1-9..
Hear is an excerpt from TIBHAR'93 Catalogue, by 10-point rating scale.
H-1-9 /weight 95gr /speed 10 /control 3
H-3-9 /95 /9+ /5 /
Just for comparision purpose
CABRERA OFF, 6ply /90gr /8+ /7 /
CABRERA ALL, 6ply /90gr /7+ /7+ /
P.CHILA ALL, 5ply (silver-coloured) /75 /7+ /8 / -- my best favourite of ALLround type blades. Genuine weapon for the "master-of-all" players, a keen ball feel.

Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 3:26pm
Speed 90 and H39 are in my arsenal of blades:)These have amazing feedback,yes,but no vibrations.These are thick blades,and H39 is a bit stiffer of the 2.Tibhar has superior finish for its blades and Speed90 is a speed demon.I woul d certainly recommend to anyone to try these blade before buying.I think these are different in many ways from regular blades.You may have an extended period that is required to adjust your game for playing with all hinoki blades.They block fine,topspins are perfect,these are great in many ways,but they are(IMO)low throw blades and a little too bouncy for any shot over the table-hate that,especially.Selecting rubbers ,if you are a SH player,may be somewhat complex,IMO.I do remember saying all the good things about all hinoki blades,but after critical self assessment, I have slightly different opinion now.I have not given up these blades completely as I like to use them some days,but I have found more friendly equipment which I prefer using.All and all , hinoki ,1 ply or 3 ply blades are fine instruments that will do a great job for those who are patient and who have tamed them.Remember,even though hinoki wood is super soft at 9-10 mm thickness this wood becomes as fast as any hybrid blade by Butterfly(SC,Sardius,Primorac..).

-------------
Be right back...

Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 3:34pm
I have a feeling that Speed 90 is made out of different wood from H19 and H39/Juic 1 ply blades.Speed 90 has "shinny" playing surfaces,and Tibhar/Juic's are dull..
Never mind those dots on the blade-partially dissolved water -based sealant:
http://picasaweb.google.com/zhestyk/Tibhar2009#

Not the best pics,but still:
http://picasaweb.google.com/zhestyk/DarkerSpeed90JiucKisoHinokiAvalox700#

-------------
Be right back...

Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

H-1-9 is a single-ply system, 9mm thick, with a superb speed and NO vibration, hence you will surely get very poor perception of the ball.

I certainly don't want to provoke an "argument", but I'd also hate to see anyone be misled. I have held an H-1-9 in my hand and felt the insane amounts of vibration if the ball is even slightly off the sweet spot. This isn't hearsay or conjecture; it's firsthand experience. Like I said, the kid who bought it had to send it back due to the horrible vibrations. In addition, I've heard others say similar things about the Tibhar H-1-9. For verification, you might want to ask JimT.

The H-3-9 may not have the issues with vibration that the H-1-9 does. I don't know; I haven't played with the H-3-9. Others have told me that they think Tibhar got their hands on some inferior Hinoki and that's what they made the H-1-9 out of. I think this is speculation, but again, the vibration issues with the H-1-9 are not speculation. Maybe not all the H-1-9s have vibration issues, but it looks like most do.

Posted By: AMonteiro
Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 4:06pm
I had one H-3-9. It wasn't 9mm. I was about 7.5mm.

One of the best allwood blades I've tried.

-------------
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR

Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

I had one H-3-9. It wasn't 9mm. I was about 7.5mm.

One of the best allwood blades I've tried.

Then they need to rename it H-3~7.5 Big%20smile

Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 5:21pm
Anton,I think I know what you mean.If the blade vibrated-i understand what is means for real-it could have had an incomplete crack,then it all makes sense

-------------
Be right back...

Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

Anton,I think I know what you mean.If the blade vibrated-i understand what is means for real-it could have had an incomplete crack,then it all makes sense

That would definitely make sense. Good thinking! However, does that also mean that the others who have experienced bad vibrations with the H-1-9 also had blades with incomplete cracks in them? Maybe Tibhar accidentally purchased some Hinoki that wasn't dried properly, so some batches of the H-1-9s all have the bad vibrations...?

Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 6:56pm
hard to tell.i know i have had 3 1 ply hinoki blades which i bought without testing them.not one has any unpleasant vibrations.these provide a feedback,like no other,but as far describing the sensations i have when fooling around with one of these is if the ball hits the racket,i have that slight gentle"knock" in my palm.it is not like a drum like sensation...

-------------
Be right back...

Posted By: tdragon
Date Posted: 01/18/2010 at 7:01pm
I tend to agree with Anton.
Tibhar H-1-9 vibrates noticable. I guess that due to the unbalance between head and handle. But if you hold the blade tight enough, then it provides the great feed back (just a matter of getting used to the vibration Wink)

Posted By: zain islam
Date Posted: 01/19/2010 at 6:22am
h-3-9 is 7-7.5 mm thick. you can check this on www.tak9.com . it is beautifull blade. another question how do the yasaka hinoki leo 7 and 11 blades play?

-------------
blade: butterfly schalger carbon
forehand rubber: sriver L max
backhand rubber: sriver EL max

Posted By: loop+loop
Date Posted: 01/19/2010 at 8:01am
I've owned many 1-ply hinokis. Namely, for penhold Bty Kim TS, TSP Dynam, and shakes Bty 1-ply custom, Darker Tanpan, Darker Speed 70, and have even tried the Kokutaku 1-ply. They all have different amount of vibrations. Some more significant than others.

So I believe it all depends on the stock and maybe the different parts of the tree it came from.

Posted By: stiltt
Date Posted: 01/19/2010 at 4:27pm
the two H-1-9 I tried were vibrating so much I could not buy the blades even if i had a super good deal.
I owned a Donic Waldner Dotec Hinoki which is a 3-ply hinoki blade and it gave me the absolute best feeling in hand. I would buy that blade in FL anytime if I could.
The H-3-9 might be very close to the donic waldner dotec hinoki. fast; very good to great feeling and no vibrations. Between 90 and 93 grams it might be a great blade I never tried and would like to sometimes.

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Posted By: MAG180
Date Posted: 01/22/2014 at 3:55am
thickness of Tibhar H-3-9 is 6.7 (pen) and  about 6.8mm (shakehand)

Posted By: right2niru
Date Posted: 10/18/2014 at 10:10am
Any detailed review on this blade ?

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Date Posted: 10/18/2014 at 12:08pm
read about the ddwh donic dotec waldner hinoki; the h-3-9 plays about the same, really. same speed same feel; they are sister blades, like fake twins.

-------------
/forum/topic91512_page1.html#1124698" rel="nofollow - sales - forum_posts.asp?TID=19315" rel="nofollow - feedback

Posted By: speedy
Date Posted: 10/18/2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

read about the ddwh donic dotec waldner hinoki; the h-3-9 plays about the same, really. same speed same feel; they are sister blades, like fake twins.

I did not play with Donic Dotec Waldner Hinoki before, so I can't comment on that blade.  I used both H-1-9 and H-3-9, they are thick blade and fast.  Just like you said, the H-1-9 has too much vibration and do not have much control.  On the other hand, H-3-9 is much better.  Unfortunately, I sold both of them years ago.  Now, I am thinking about the H-3-9 for plastic ball. Lamp

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Posted By: yogi_bear
Date Posted: 10/18/2014 at 9:48pm
i have seen a few top 100 european women use the h-3-9

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Posted By: wappak
Date Posted: 09/18/2019 at 1:13pm
im interested in this blade, do anybody knows the real thickness of this blade? does it have a soft feel? some says this one feels hard 

Date Posted: 09/18/2019 at 2:47pm
I am not sure. 

Just in case, if what you are interested is a 3-ply blade with hinoki, I saw a Yasaka Leopard for sale on Ebay, it's a collectible.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yasaka-Leopard-Table-Tennis-Paddle-Hinoki/273962504003" rel="nofollow - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yasaka-Leopard-Table-Tennis-Paddle-Hinoki/273962504003

-------------

Posted By: wappak
Date Posted: 09/18/2019 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

I am not sure. 

Just in case, if what you are interested is a 3-ply blade with hinoki, I saw a Yasaka Leopard for sale on Ebay, it's a collectible.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yasaka-Leopard-Table-Tennis-Paddle-Hinoki/273962504003" rel="nofollow - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yasaka-Leopard-Table-Tennis-Paddle-Hinoki/273962504003

thanks but im looking for the cs pen, tibhar did not indicate their blades thickness in their home page, googling this blade shows different thickness some are 7.4, some below 7mm

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net