Print Page | Close Window

Review: Palio Dragon Rubbers

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31985
Printed Date: 04/27/2024 at 4:46am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Review: Palio Dragon Rubbers
Posted By: jt99sf
Subject: Review: Palio Dragon Rubbers
Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 1:46am

I�ve always liked the Palio rubbers for their consistent quality and their affordable price.

I was able to get 6 rubbers from Fastpaddle.com for a total of $67.

I played with each rubber for about 3 to 4 days using my TB Spark blade. Here�s my review of the newer line of Palio rubbers.

Hadou Biotech 42-44 ($10)
CJ8000 40-42 ($9)
Hadou Japanese Sponge 42-44 ($12)
Wildish Dragon ($12)
Hidden Dragon ($12)
Emporor Dragon ($12)

The Hadou Biotech, Hadou Japanese sponge, and the CJ8000 have similar grippy top sheets. The harder sponge(42-44) of the Hadou rubbers allows the player to attack the heavy underspin balls at close range. The medium density sponge of the CJ8000 allows the player to have power and touch. The CJ8000 rubber plays very much like the H3 rubber.

The Dragon line of the Palio rubbers uses a more tacky top sheet. The Wildish Dragon is the fastest of the three rubbers, the Hidden Dragon rubber has the most control and the Emporor Dragon has the best of both worlds, one can attack and loop against the heaviest spins.

The differences between the top three rubbers are subtle, that also applies to the Dragon series. But you can't go wrong by choosing any of the above rubbers. They will serve you well and they will last for a very long time.
At the price point of $9 to $12, the Palio rubbers are a bargain and their quality is top notch. I�d recommend the Palio rubbers to players at most levels.

-------------
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil

Replies:
Posted By: tdragon
Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 2:50am
What are the weight of the rubber? And how about the sponge degree of the dragon series?

Posted By: Ciprian
Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 3:12am
I made a short review of Emperor Dragon Biotech last year and I could say too that this rubber is a good one.It is not heavy at all (I have also the Hidden Dragon Biotech), at least these 2 rubbers.I'm still using it on T1  blade and I like it,gives you a better control on the blade.Recommended.

-------------
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30

Posted By: wkm1
Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 10:56am
I replaced Sriver EL and a G2 with Palio CJ 8000 38 deg and was both times happy after the change.

-------------
Cheers

T

Blades:custom Zebrano Spin-Art, Nittaku Acoustic and OSP V+ plus some Gum on both sides

Posted By: razortt
Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by tdragon tdragon wrote:

What are the weight of the rubber? And how about the sponge degree of the dragon series?

tdragon, i will try to see if there's any sponge degree on the package tonight.

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35627&title=feebacks-for-razortt-fastpaddlecom" rel="nofollow - Feedback

fastpaddle.com

Posted By: ThaiLe
Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 11:38am
I used to play with Hadou Biotech and CJ8000 and really liked them a lot.  For that price, they are worth a try.

Nice review, jt99sf...Wink

Keep them coming...LOL

Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 12:28pm

I don't have a scale to weight them , but I can say they are definitely lighter than the H3 rubbers. I'll check the package on the sponge.

http://fastpaddle.com/tt/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_1_5 - http://fastpaddle.com/tt/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_1_5

-------------

Posted By: dual700
Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 12:56pm
Thanks for the review JT...
Have you played with LKTs? I wonder how would you compare LKT rubbers vs palios...
I only have Palio HK1997 36-38 and bunch of LKTs...and kokutakus that you like Big%20smile

Thanks

Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 1:01pm
The LKT's top sheets are not as nice as the Palio's, I also think the Palio rubbers last longer.
I used to use LKT Torrent. It generally lasts about 2 to 3 months while the Palio lasts 4 to 6 months.
The LKT sponges are generally softer than the Palio's. I don't think you have a choice of hardness for the LKTs?
The Palio HK1997 (36-38) is a great rubber.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 2:30pm
Thanks JT!!
Hunting for Macro Era 36-38.. Have you used it?

Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

Thanks JT!!

No, but that's on my list of rubbers to try.

-------------

Posted By: Ciprian
Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 4:22pm

Thanks for the review JT...
Have you played with LKTs? I wonder how would you compare LKT rubbers vs palios...
I only have Palio HK1997 36-38 and bunch of LKTs...and kokutakus that you like Big%20smile

Thanks

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27776

Here you can find my short review on Emperor Dragon Biotech and a comparison with  LKT XT/XP and Galaxy Venus.Maybe will help you.

-------------
Xi Enting
FH-Aurus Sound
BH- Pryde 30

Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 5:52pm
Thank you!
Makes me want to try different palios now :)

Posted By: chu_bun
Date Posted: 02/02/2010 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

I don't have a scale to weight them , but I can say they are definitely lighter than the H3 rubbers...

I assume you talked about regular H3.  My Hadou and CJ8000 biotech 2.2mm 40-42 rubbers are much heavier than my (fake) Neo H3's.  IIRC my TBS with 2 x Hadou weighted 200g !, with 2 x CJ8000 weighted 194g.  With 2 x Neo H3, my racket weights 187g (my current settings).

If you don't mind the weight, these are very playable rubbers and last for a long time.  

-------------
Clipper Wood, Sanwei Gears FH, Sanwei T88-I BH.

Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 12:17am
Originally posted by chu_bun chu_bun wrote:

I don't have a scale to weight them , but I can say they are definitely lighter than the H3 rubbers...

I assume you talked about regular H3.  My Hadou and CJ8000 biotech 2.2mm 40-42 rubbers are much heavier than my (fake) Neo H3's.  IIRC my TBS with 2 x Hadou weighted 200g !, with 2 x CJ8000 weighted 194g.  With 2 x Neo H3, my racket weights 187g (my current settings).

If you don't mind the weight, these are very playable rubbers and last for a long time.  

Yes, I was referring to the reg H3 rubber. The Neo H3 rubbers are lighter and also more expensive.

-------------

Posted By: razortt
Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 1:09am

Wildish dragon is 40-42
Emperor dragon is 42-44
Hidden dragon is 36-38

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35627&title=feebacks-for-razortt-fastpaddlecom" rel="nofollow - Feedback

fastpaddle.com

Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 11:21am
Which Palio that resemble closely to Sriver and Mark V?
I like softish rubbers because they are more forgiving.

Thanks

Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 11:28am

Which Palio that resemble closely to Sriver and Mark V?
I like softish rubbers because they are more forgiving.

Thanks
Its difficult to compare Japanese rubber to Chinese because they are made different:  Top sheet and sponge.

If you want soft/forgiving Chinese rubber, you can't go wrong with the Palio CJ8000 (36-38) and the HK1997/Biotech (36-38).

-------------

Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 11:42am
I'll try the CJ8000, JT. Maybe with harder sponge.
My HK1997 is too soft sometimes.

Thanks.

Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 11:48am

I'll try the CJ8000, JT. Maybe with harder sponge.
My HK1997 is too soft sometimes.

Thanks.

It could be your blade. I've tried 5 or 6 TBSs before I was happy with my current one. Some were too light (not enough power), not balanced )head heavy).
Mine current TBS weighs 90 gms but balanced near the handle and plenty of put away power and the Andro Revolution is a VERY soft sponge rubber (35 degrees).

-------------

Posted By: pongcrazy
Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 11:53am

Thanks JT!!
Where can you buy Macro Era in 36-38 degree sponge?

Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 11:55am
Originally posted by pongcrazy pongcrazy wrote:

Thanks JT!!

Is this it?

http://fastpaddle.com/tt/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_1_5&products_id=12 - http://fastpaddle.com/tt/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_1_5&products_id=12

-------------

Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 11:59am

Thanks JT!!

Is this it?

http://fastpaddle.com/tt/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_1_5&products_id=12 - http://fastpaddle.com/tt/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_1_5&products_id=12

I should've been more specific. Palio Macro Era 42 is roughly 36-38 degree, I was told.

http://cgi.ebay.com/German-TENSOR-Rubber-Sponge-PALIO-MACRO-ERA-BIOS-Tech_W0QQitemZ130363710660QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5a485cc4 - http://cgi.ebay.com/German-TENSOR-Rubber-Sponge-PALIO-MACRO-ERA-BIOS-Tech_W0QQitemZ130363710660QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1e5a485cc4

Posted By: pongcrazy
Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 12:35pm
I used the Macro Era 42.5 on BH and it is more like a solid 40 out of the box and ends up about 38 by the time it needs replaced. It actually feels a touch harder than Narucross EX Hard (which is really not hard).  If you want something a little softer yet get the regular Palio Macro (not Era) which is pretty soft and around 36 degrees.

Posted By: JimT
Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 12:51pm
I will soon try Wildish Dragon that I got from jt99sf - feels very nice to the touch.

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I will soon try Wildish Dragon that I got from jt99sf - feels very nice to the touch.

JimT,

I'd like to know your impressions on the Wildish Dragon. The top sheet is really nice. It was a good attacking rubber on an OFF- blade.

jt99sf

-------------

Posted By: BeaverMD
Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 1:06pm
JT,

I'm interested in the Hadou Biotech.  I understand that Hadou is the tackiest of the Palio line.  From your review, you don't seem to think it's very tacky like H3.  Is this correct?

I still haven't tried my HK1997 Biotech but I will soon and post a review.

Also, what is this talk of "fake Neo H3's"? Are people just talking about the Provincial version? Because if it's just the Commercial version, I could care less.  But just to ask, is there actually a fake Commercial Neo H3 out there?

Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 1:23pm
My experience with the Palio rubber top sheet is that they are all grippy, tacky only when new. The grippyness comes in about the 3rd or 4th time you use it after the tacky-ness wears off.
The Palio topsheet will not hold the ball like H3. Maybe 1 or 2 seconds max.
The HK1997 Biotech(36-38) is a really nice looping rubber on TBS. Lots of touch and loads of power.
I just bought a P- H3 Neo(39/Red), I'm going to look up to see if its real on the DHS web site.
I think there'll always be fakes out there as long as there is demand for a product.
Thats why Palio is such a good choice, at about $10 a piece, its not a bad loss. Just buy from who you know and trust.

-------------

Posted By: ThaiLe
Date Posted: 02/03/2010 at 10:24pm

I used the Macro Era 42.5 on BH and it is more like a solid 40 out of the box and ends up about 38 by the time it needs replaced. It actually feels a touch harder than Narucross EX Hard (which is really not hard).  If you want something a little softer yet get the regular Palio Macro (not Era) which is pretty soft and around 36 degrees.

Palio Macro Tensor (not Era) is a great BH rubber indeed...Wink

Posted By: nathanso
Date Posted: 04/16/2010 at 2:27pm
Has anyone tried Palio Flying Dragon or Palio Power Dragon?

I tried the WP1013 and thought it was pretty good, though not quite worthy of replacing my 563, particularly after pips started breaking off after just a few sessions (my WP1013 was black color).

-------------
BBC, SP, LP

Posted By: austin
Date Posted: 04/16/2010 at 4:43pm
which one of those is the spinniest of all those rubbers?

-------------

Peter Korbel(Fl) 89 g|FH Almana 2.0|Sriver G2 1.7

Posted By: TaFei
Date Posted: 04/17/2010 at 4:12am
I used Wildish Dragon which I didn't like at first. Seems it bottoms easily. However, I eventually grew to like it. It had good spin, speed and best of all good control. A great all-round rubber that can be used on the bh.

Posted By: Phot0n
Date Posted: 10/06/2010 at 4:05am
I'm using Hadou Whirlwind (Hurricane?), HK1997 Biotech, and CJ8000-Speed. I can give my quick impressions after 4-5 months of use:

Hadou Whirlwind: It was a decent rubber, ultra tacky at first. Then my co-worker speed-glued it maybe a month ago and it became an entirely different beast. Really good speed and control. The tack has worn off to a really great level.

HK1997 Biotech: I thought the softer sponge would make this more control and less attack, I was wrong. The sponge deal with hard punches and I still maintain a lot of control on the ball. Even though it is a biotech sponge, it also behaves very well after speed gluing.

CJ8000-Speed: Wow... tacky! Good feeling rubber but not all that exciting. The ultra-tackiness took away from speed. I feel like this rubber still needs to be broken in. I found it better for looping than speed. I haven't tried speed gluing but I can already tell that this rubber will respond well to it.

Overall: Hadou > HK1997 > CJ8000

After a few months of use and playing with some other rubbers I'm really starting to like the Hadou. Definitely better than my Focus II's. I'm interested in the tensioned 2046/2049 versions and was also interested in the Dragon series. But, I'm very concerned that the sponge will give and cause uncontrollable throws on hard attacks.

-------------

Palio TC6 | Globe 999T FH & BH
Palio TCT | Hadou FH, HK1997 BH
Galaxy T-4 | 729 Focus-II FH & BH

Posted By: FiskenDK
Date Posted: 10/06/2010 at 6:28am
Can any of the mentioned palio rubbers compare to spinart, looking for replacement due to bty pricing.

-------------
Amultart : FH - Tenzone SF 2.0 BH-morristo sp 2.1
ALC : FH - Calibra spin max BH-extend po max
inf zlc: FH - Adidas p3 max BH - hexer pips

Posted By: JimT
Date Posted: 10/06/2010 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by FiskenDK FiskenDK wrote:

Can any of the mentioned palio rubbers compare to spinart, looking for replacement due to bty pricing.

Try Palio Thors - however, you will need some time for it to break in.

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Posted By: Re1Mu2R3
Date Posted: 10/20/2013 at 4:54am
Got a Red Palio Hidden Dragon today. It has a weird grainy topsheet unlike any Chinese rubber I've ever seen.
I expected it to be a tad faster cause it's a tensor but it had excellent control. The throw angle was also lower than expected, my Globe Taiphoon with tack worn off seemed to have a higher throw angle considering it's a classic Chinese rubber. Won a lot of points from well placed rpb shots with this rubber so far. Only problem I noticed to far was needed to regrip every once in a while because my fingers were slipping off (It's on my RPB side). It's not bad for forehand either; I currently have a 729Fx on my FH and using the exact same stroke it worked pretty well.

I can't wait to break it in to see how it performs in it's prime. Wink

-------------
How to play Table Tennis:
#1. Be Chinese (Ethnicity)
#2. Be Chinese(Citizenship)
#3. BE CHINESE(In Heart, Mind and Spirit)
#4: Get a Chinese Coach
#5. Get a Chinese Forehand Rubber (Black)

Posted By: LaRedoute
Date Posted: 03/28/2014 at 5:20pm
has anyone tried Palio Hidden Dragon GL Sponge 40+.. recently i got 2 sheets of hidden dragon biotech..aaand i think it is very good rubber for advanced amateurs. i'm curious what is the difference between biotech and GL sponge, which one is heavier, which one is faster and spinier. can any one compare these rubbers

Posted By: K581
Date Posted: 06/21/2015 at 8:23am
So is Hadou Biotech Japanese 42-44 sponge like a springier DHS Neo rubber?  I've tried the Hadou Biotech GP (Golden Palm??) sponge and it was similar in some ways to Neo, but I'm guessing the Japanese Sponge has more catapult.

-------------
YEO Pro (red lens)
FH: TG2 Skyline NEO (41°) MAX
BH: Fastarc S-1           MAX

Waldner Senso Carbon (J0 Shape, solid handle)
FH: Palio Hadou Biotech CHN 39° MAX
BH: ?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net