Print Page | Close Window

Avalox Fan Club - please check in here!

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=38051
Printed Date: 04/23/2024 at 9:06am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Avalox Fan Club - please check in here!
Posted By: Bennybenny
Subject: Avalox Fan Club - please check in here!
Date Posted: 11/14/2010 at 4:26pm
I did a search and didn't see any posts for an Avalox fan club, so I decided to start one. Avalox fans, please check in here and share what you have and talk about your experiences.

I started playing with Avalox after I decided to get back into table tennis this year. I found a coach that helped me develop an all-round attacking style, but then I realized that my gear wasn't cutting it anymore. I used to play an all-out attacking style, but that was back when I was a younger man, when the ball was 38mm, when we still had the 21 point format and before all the equipment changes. I was using an OFF+ Donic blade (discontinued Peter Franz GTR) and I noticed it had hardly any dwell so it was only really good for flat hits. I did some research and realized that I should get something slower to work on my topspin game. I decided to check out some all wood blades, and I'm really glad I did.

I started with a Galaxy MC-2 which had great control, but was a bit on the slower side at somewhere between OFF- and OFF. I bought the Avalox P700 and BT777 for a little extra speed, and I haven't looked back. The two blades are similar with good power, dwell and spin with the BT777 coming in a tad faster, but not by much. The blades are nicely balanced for close table attacks or mid distance topspins with a throw angle that I can handle. These blades have fit very well with the style of play the coach is helping me develop. My P700 is my main setup with the BT777 as a backup. As an experiment, I went back to my Donic blade for a practice session and I found that it's still way too fast, even with the same current rubber setup and my training. It now feels darn near unplayable.

In a fit of ej madness, I recently ordered the Avalox Ma Wenge C555 because I heard it has a very woody feel for a carbon blade, with the advantages of lower weight and larger sweet spot. Some others on this forum graduated from the P700 to the C555, so the purchase made sense to me. I'll save that blade for after my overall game improves with the coach.

-------------
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood FL
Friendship 729 Higher Transcend 2.2 Black
Gambler Outlaw 2.15 Red

Replies:
Posted By: doraemon
Date Posted: 11/14/2010 at 7:58pm
I have Avalox BT550, BT555, P500, P700 and BT777.  I agree with your observation regarding P700 and BT777.  However, I feel that P500 is the best for my style.  It is slower than P700 but offers more feeling.  Of course, P700 is better than modern Stiga Clipper (in term of feel), but may be I am more accustomed to slower blades.

If you are after feeling, then don't change to Ma Wenge, because it is still a carbon blade after all, you lose a bit feeling.

Date Posted: 11/14/2010 at 8:00pm
By the way, I can't say I am a die hard fan of Avalox.  I think the most versatile blade for me is the good old BTY Petr Korbel (with metal tag).

I am itching to try OSP Virtuoso though, but I must stop my EJing because it is not good for my play and my wallet.

Posted By: tennisfreak
Date Posted: 11/14/2010 at 8:03pm
Give a review of the p7oo Wink

Date Posted: 11/14/2010 at 8:13pm
OK, you know Clipper.  I am talking about the new modern Clipper which is 6.8-6.9 mm in thickness (few say it's 7.0 mm).  It is stiff yet soft, so good for short game and heavy fast spin.  However, I found that it is a bit hard to do slow loop (with heavy spin). 

Now, P700 is about 6.2 mm in thickness, thus it is not only softer but also more flexible compared to Clipper.  So you can be more allround in your playing.  It is easier to produce slow loop to fast spin loop.  In other words, it is more versatile to me.  I have heard that the old Clipper (which was around 6 mm) was very good but I don't know why Stiga changed it (probably due to the bigger ball and no speed-glue).

When I say P700 is more flexible compared to Clipper, it is true in comparison between both blades.  However, as a 7-ply blade, P700 is stiffer than common 5-ply blades, such as P500 and Korbel.

In conclusion, P700 is good for short game, looping, hitting and blocking (Clipper is better in this aspect though, due to its thickness).  It is good for inverted and short pips as well.

Posted By: tiehwen
Date Posted: 11/14/2010 at 9:37pm
lol..oh yes, count me in as I don't want to be in or I'm not a fan/member of any of those "Boycott Btfly Club", Soon-2b-PhD, PhD, Post PhD or MSc clubs. I love my Avalox BT555 as much as my PKorbel. I've had a P700 FL once but I kinda found its handle a tad annoying but would luv 1 of these days to try a BT700 or P700 w/Anatomic handle. If p700 is what u guys claimed to be that good verses the Clipper then it would be just as it's relatively inexpensive.

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/Forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17089" rel="nofollow - I love & am inspired by Malala Yousufzai's "True & Tough" LIFE STORY

Date Posted: 11/14/2010 at 9:39pm
I heard that Tan Peng use this blade P700

Posted By: capablanca8
Date Posted: 11/14/2010 at 11:17pm
I really like the Blue Thunder 555.  It is lightweight, good control, and reasonably fast.  Feels like a true Off- to me.  I'm curious about how different (or similar) the BT777 is? 

Posted By: icontek
Date Posted: 11/14/2010 at 11:23pm
Even as an EJ I liked the BT550 enough to have it as a main blade for over a year. I had been playing an LKT Instinct for years but switched to a DONIC waldner AR for a year or two. At the end of that time, I decided I wanted something that had the flex of the instinct, but some of the touch and speed of the DOTEC AR.  I found the BT550 to be an "upgraded' version of the instinct, with higher grade construction, better top plies (Limba, I think, compared with Ayous) and a notch faster. Not as hard or as stiff as the AR, but more of a looping blade. I actually got the BT550 by "accident" - I ordered a P500 because a friends 10 year old P500 was unbelievably good. However, the newer P500's are too fast (OFF, rather than OFF-) so I settled for a BT550.

When it's all said and done, I think the BT550 falls somewhere between the Stiga Allround Classic  and Offensive Classic, but on LoopCrack. It's not only a better made blade but it is easier to loop with than either, while having much of the touch and feel.

In all, I think the BT series is nicely constructed and finished (it looks a lot like Woodhouse AB blades that Yasaka gets) and the P series appears rough like the current Stigas. But I can't say for certain if the P series is made at Woodhouse AB or if they use Stiga's manufacturing.

I switched to the Virtuoso this summer in part because it feels similar to my BT550, but is a notch faster and flat hits better with equal or better control on most strokes. 

ps
I own a C555 as well, and think it's pretty amazing for a carbon blade, but still too fast. That being said, I firmly believe that the blade's control rivals the modern clippers, but it seems more versatile.

-------------
http://bit.ly/vLMhuB" rel="nofollow - - RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42

Posted By: shakepender
Date Posted: 11/15/2010 at 12:45am
The P700 / BT777 has intrigued me for a while now... would it be possible for someone provide a comparison to the ymlc?

Thanks Smile

-------------
Viscaria : Omg IV Pro / Omg IV Euro

Date Posted: 11/15/2010 at 2:01am
doraemon,
I'm not a die hard fan of Avalox blades either, but I like what I've tried from them so far. They match up well with the way I'm playing now and are a great value for the money. Maybe some day I'll find the holy grail blade from Butterfly or Yasaka, but right now Avalox works well for me.

I like the general feeling and feedback of all wood blades right now, but I notice that the amount of vibration bothers me more when playing against higher level players. If the C555 will give me similar control with less vibration (even with a sacrifice in some feeling), I'll be willing to accept that.

The Petr Korbel sounds like a great blade. How does it compare to the P700? How does it compare to the other 5 ply Avalox blades? Thanks in advance.

-------------
Gambler Outlaw 2.15 Red

Posted By: chris.b40
Date Posted: 11/15/2010 at 1:44pm
Here they are ,I am about to order the AVX 777 ( not expensive )

http://avalox.oneofakindtrading.com.au/Blades.php

Date Posted: 11/15/2010 at 1:48pm

Date Posted: 11/16/2010 at 1:58pm
In spite of using the BT550 for over a year, I still hate the purple handle.

Why couldn't it just be Blue? Is that too much to ask?

-------------

Date Posted: 11/16/2010 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

+1

I don't like the purple either but based on this baby's reputation  that seems insignificant.

Date Posted: 11/16/2010 at 3:48pm

I put grip tape on my BT777, so the color doesn't really bother me.

chris,
Congrats on ordering the BT777. Let me know what you think of it after you get a chance to hit around with it.

-------------
Gambler Outlaw 2.15 Red

Date Posted: 11/17/2010 at 11:44am
Avalox blades are not very popular,is it the marketing as very few retailers sell them

Posted By: debraj
Date Posted: 11/17/2010 at 12:36pm
as per my knowledge "AVALOX is SAME COMPANY as GLOBE" !!!

could someone agree or contradict? haggisV or someone can throw some light ...on whether AVALOX is just a brand of Globe.

-------------
729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
http://youtu.be/y9y9nE9g778" rel="nofollow - vid1
http://youtu.be/xqNy786yGOs" rel="nofollow - Vid 2

Date Posted: 11/17/2010 at 1:34pm
This thread need more Avalox blade owners to share their experiences here,I to be honest was never an Avalox fan even though I have read many positive reviews about these blades. The real reason I am trying this blade is simple, I read many good reviews on the DHS pips rubber 652 and for many years I never tested it ,may be  the price was so low ,I thought it could not amount to much,I was wrong ,this rubber remains my BH rubber up to now.
I have overlooked Avalox blades for more hyped up brands and mind you I have had great satisfaction with few but greater disappointment with many . My time has come to test this so called great blade I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

Date Posted: 11/17/2010 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by chris.b40 chris.b40 wrote:

This thread need more Avalox blade owners to share their experiences here,I to be honest was never an Avalox fan even though I have read many positive reviews about these blades. The real reason I am trying this blade is simple, I read many good reviews on the DHS pips rubber 652 and for many years I never tested it ,may be  the price was so low ,I thought it could not amount to much,I was wrong ,this rubber remains my BH rubber up to now.
I have overlooked Avalox blades for more hyped up brands and mind you I have had great satisfaction with few but greater disappointment with many . My time has come to test this so called great blade I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

If you're going to use your BT777 with short pips, then you should be pleased. The reason I started using Avalox was because I used to play short pips on the backhand and I needed a blade that was stiff enough to get a good solid block with the pips but still soft enough for strong topspins. You can't go wrong with a P700 or BT777 for short pips - hitting and blocking are solid and if done right should be disturbing (though not deceptive) to your opponents. I've since changed to inverted on the backhand, but I remain a fan because the blades have such great power and touch that complement my current game.

-------------
Gambler Outlaw 2.15 Red

Date Posted: 11/18/2010 at 12:37am
OK, just short review:

BT550:  soft and flexible, in the style of Stiga Allround Classic, but a bit firmer, due to thicker core compared to Stiga Allround Classic.  Good for looping.  Blocking and hitting need to be right on the sweetspot, as it is flexible.  Short game needs gentler touch because of the springy effect.

BT555:  medium in hardness and a bit flexible, in the style of Offensive Classic and Dicon.  It is thicker than OC but about the same thickness as Dicon.  Good for looping.  Better blocking and hitting compared to BT550.  Short game is about the same.  BT555 is constructed of limba - spruce - ayous - spruce - limba.

P500:  similar to BT555 but a bit firmer.  It is constructed of koto - spruce - ayous - spruce - koto, so has a bit of firm feeling.  The spring or catapult effect is also less compared to BT555, so it is better for short game and blocking/hitting. 

I would say that I like P500 better, then BT550 and last BT555 (very similar to Dicon).

Now, the 7-ply:

P700 vs. BT777:  both are constructed from the same materials.  Thickness is about the same.  Both are good for looping, but very good for blocking and hitting (of course, it's 7-ply).  Compared to Stiga Clipper, it is better for looping but a bit worse for blocking/hitting (of course, Clipper is around 6.8-6.9 mm in thickness, while P700 and BT777 are around 6.2 mm in thickness).  They are more solid compared to P500 and BT555, but compared to Clipper, they are a bit flexy.

I would say that I like P700 better compared to BT777.  BT777 has more trampoline/catapult effect.

Weight:
BT550 = 87 - 88 grams
BT555 = 81 grams
P500 = 86 - 87 grams (IIRC)
BT777 = 82 grams
P700 = 89 grams (IIRC)

It's been awhile since I was EJing so my impression was based on the experience back then.

Date Posted: 11/20/2010 at 1:32am
doraemon,
I really like my P700, but sometimes I wish I could get a blade a touch slower with a bit more spin and control, given that my style has been developing that way. I assume that the P500 would be great for that? I also see that your favorite overall blade is the Butterfly Petr Korbel. How does the P500 compare to the Korbel?

-------------
Gambler Outlaw 2.15 Red

Posted By: haggisv
Date Posted: 11/20/2010 at 4:31am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

as per my knowledge "AVALOX is SAME COMPANY as GLOBE" !!!

could someone agree or contradict? haggisV or someone can throw some light ...on whether AVALOX is just a brand of Globe.

The are most certainly not the same company. It seems Globe used to make some bit & pieces for Avalox, but I don't think they have this arrangement anymore. Avalox blades are made in Sweden, Japan and some in China, so perhaps Globe had some involvement with the Chinese made products.

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=42" rel="nofollow - Tenergy Alternatives | http://tabletennis-reviews.com" rel="nofollow - My TT Articles

Date Posted: 11/21/2010 at 10:39am
haggisv :  review would be nice,please!

Date Posted: 02/08/2011 at 8:15am
After trying these blades ,I can honestly say that the BT 555 will suite most players needs to a creat extent and at a reasonable price...go for it,one of the best blades usually overlooked. 

Posted By: dual700
Date Posted: 02/08/2011 at 11:36am
Avalox P700 ST and AVX BT777 here.

Date Posted: 02/09/2011 at 7:27am
Any player here with the BT 777 ? paired with the Bty. Spinart you create a loop-drive monster ... Try it.

Posted By: pongcrazy
Date Posted: 02/09/2011 at 10:14am
I have a used (good condition) BT555 FL,  86 grams for sale.  If interested PM me.

Posted By: tomaca
Date Posted: 02/18/2011 at 8:28am
Tongue

Posted By: emihet
Date Posted: 02/24/2011 at 1:59pm
I currently have 3 BT550 my blade of choice when speed glue was around.. also have a p500, BT555, P700 and also had AVX J-tech, J-Aramid, Hado blades... i like all their blades...from the current blades the 555 is faster then all of them the spring in this blade is insane...it is a monster for a mid distance looper...the blade lifts the ball on its own that is how much spring there is in it...i had a couple beforehand and none were this springy and fast...

-------------
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades

Date Posted: 02/24/2011 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by pongcrazy pongcrazy wrote:

I have a used (good condition) BT555 FL,  86 grams for sale.  If interested PM me.

I only use ST otherwise I would have taken this  Angry

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Posted By: AMonteiro
Date Posted: 02/24/2011 at 2:58pm
Check in.

2007,2008, 2009 = Avalox P700
2010= Avalox Ma Wenge Carbon
2011= Back to P700

-------------
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR

Posted By: gnome
Date Posted: 02/24/2011 at 5:26pm
1998-2002, 2005-2006 Avalox P700
2008 Avalox P500

Posted By: Barna
Date Posted: 04/15/2011 at 9:48am
I would like to buy one of these older models as I have heard so much about these blades

-------------

DUNLOP/BARNA ALPHA

Posted By: yuna
Date Posted: 04/15/2011 at 12:00pm
i just got my C555 today. Tongue

and i'm liking it very much after dressing with rubbers. haven tried it at the table tho.
but i already know it's going to be good from my EJ experience.

also i did a post in my TT Blog thread in a singapore tt forum. ( sgpingpong.com )
below is my original post extracted :

---------------------------------------------------------------------

nobody would have guessed it. i even surprise myself to actually commit to get it.  hahaha :blush: 
its a AVX Ma Wenge Carbon! aka AVX C555.

me suspecting it is a good blade was correct. (lucky!) tho the top ply Limba is thin, the carbon right below
is not as hard as Butterfly's Tamca 5000 carbon. there is a little ping bouncing ball on it but once with rubbers
on, for some strange reason it actually feels more like a medium- feeling fast wood blade. 
i am so delightfully surprise !!  :love: 

the blade box sucks la but the blade quality is really good! smooth finishing throughout, nothing like stiga's
rough handles & (sometimes) splintering blade face.

weight is sweet too! a good 86g before touching up. i haven even tried it at the table & i'm liking the feel
with rubbers on already! . the thin carbon will flex more & more as u hit harder,
giving the power that u crave for. and pinging is very faint. pretty unusual for a carbon blade.

its no wonder some of the the top chinese players used to try the earlier model (Stiga V1) before. i know Ma Lin tried
when he was very young. so did WLQ (not too sure but i think he tried after glue ban to compensate speed glue's speed)

C555 Aragaki

-------------
Viscaria Tiffany
T-05
T-64

Posted By: mikepong
Date Posted: 04/15/2011 at 12:23pm
P700 fan here! i like it more than the clipper, weight is not an issue for me, i actually prefer heavier blades

Date Posted: 04/15/2011 at 1:22pm
This club has grown Thumbs Up

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Posted By: king_pong
Date Posted: 04/15/2011 at 2:37pm
Last year I bought a lightly used BT555 [AN] for just $25 shipped. And just yesterday I received an even lighter used, sealed, beautiful P5OO [ST], shipped all for just $35!!  If my old Banda Dacota 5-ply [AN] feels like a Cadillac, the P500 is the Rolls Royce!! 
SOOO much feeling and dwell.  I like it better than the BT555, which I think has a hollowed out handle (like Stiga's WRB system), so the P500 feels more stable in the hand.  It feels a whole lot like my old Donic Waldner Offensiv (grey handle) which is similar contruction (Limba/Spruce/Ayous, to P500's - Koto/Spruce/Ayous)

Count me in the club for good! Smile

Posted By: jabemu
Date Posted: 04/15/2011 at 2:56pm
For interested on old avalox

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41267&title=fs-vintage-avalox-785

Posted By: happy
Date Posted: 04/15/2011 at 3:40pm
My new Avalox p500 arrived on Monday but I will not be able to test it until sunday when I am off from work Big smile 

Posted By: strongpong
Date Posted: 04/16/2011 at 2:29am
Ya, good quality blades and good value also.

I used the P700 for a long time. Currently using BT555 ST handle and loving it. A real 'do all' blade. Enough flex and kick for looping, stiff enough with crisp feel of spruce for hitting and blocking, stable on the short game, comfy handle as well.

IME, these blades are well designed for their intended style of play. Maybe that's why they have not released model after model as the formula is refined and correct ??

Date Posted: 04/17/2011 at 8:36pm
Oddly, I have P500, BT550, BT555, P700 and BT777, but the only one I like is BT550, which is a replica of Stiga Allround Classic.  It has the feel that I like, although performance wise, P500 is the best (do-it-all blade) as it is more balanced.

Date Posted: 04/17/2011 at 10:33pm
I own the P700, BT777, Ma Wenge Carbon and the Nittaku Runlox (a rebranded P500), and the best all around blade for me is still the P700. For my style it has the best balance of power, speed, control and versatility. The 7 plies make it great for hitting and blocking but the soft feel makes it very good for looping. The Ma Wenge in comparison has a feel that's a bit too hard for me, the BT-777 is a touch too fast for me, and the Runlox (P500) is great for looping but not as great for hitting.

-------------
Gambler Outlaw 2.15 Red

Posted By: loboestep
Date Posted: 04/30/2011 at 5:20am
Hi, I wonder if this one is a real Avalox or a fake:

I have found it here:    http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=944 - http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=944  but no more informations (some one in Spain sale it and i want to know if it is a good buy).
If it is a real avalox, how much it cost??
Thank you.

-------------
TSP Balsa Glasfiber 4.5
FH:Bryce Speed Fx 1.9
BH:Galaxy Neptune soft ox
Hallmark Aurora
FH: Butterfly Ekrips
BH:Ritc 755 OX

Posted By: haggisv
Date Posted: 04/30/2011 at 9:09pm
I've never seen or heard of that model. The writing and style looks legit, but of course this can be copied. It's not listed on the Avalox website at all, and all their newer blades have the Avallo AVX symbol, so this makes me suspicious.

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=42" rel="nofollow - Tenergy Alternatives | http://tabletennis-reviews.com" rel="nofollow - My TT Articles

Posted By: caigichaduoc
Date Posted: 05/22/2011 at 3:38am
I'm currently using BT777 and tend to switch to J-Power. Anyone using J-Power can give me some comparisons? I need a blade that have sweeter touch, still fast and not heavy.

-------------
AVX Tosios
FH: Giant Dragon Karate Soft
BH: Palio Blitz

Posted By: vali
Date Posted: 05/22/2011 at 4:54pm
I have P700 flared (Stiga Master type). Good blade but the handle is a bit too short-becomes head heavy .
More springy than Clipper.

-------------
Clipper
FH: XIOM Vega Asia , max
BH: Yasaka RAKZA7, 2.0

Posted By: jasonz
Date Posted: 05/22/2011 at 8:32pm
I have BT555, BT777, P500, P700, and Ma Wenge Carbon.  I play cpen.  These blades are all really good quality.  I prefer the P700 the best because of its speed for blocking and comfort of the handle.

-------------
Jason Z

Stiga Xu Xin Dynasty
FH DHS TG -60 Soft
BH DHS H3 white sponge pro

Posted By: frogger
Date Posted: 05/05/2012 at 9:01pm
 Ha this looks like an old thread but what the heck I need to jump in. I love that Avalox/ AVX is not so well know...that keeps the demand low and the quality high. I adore my P 500, it's like the best kept secret as far as blades are concerned. Everything is perfect, weight, balance, grip, sweet spot, flex and power. Build quality is high and the cosmetics are tasteful. A great old school blade that works well with different rubbers and playing levels. Mine has the Nittaku metal tag....Nittaku Runlox may be the P 500's younger sister not sure about that though. Works great with Mark V, Barracuda, or Hammond X. I love this blade so much I want to buy stock in the company! LOL

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: king_pong
Date Posted: 05/06/2012 at 1:22am
@ Frogger__ Welcome to the fold, Frogger!  So glad to have you! :)

Date Posted: 05/06/2012 at 9:27am
Like I said before in my previous posts I was in love with my HK 655 St  until I met this baby called BT777 Blue Thunder ,my first play with that blade was so impressive that I never returned to HK or any other blade since.Try one you won't be disappointed.

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Posted By: sampa
Date Posted: 05/06/2012 at 9:36am

Smile J-POWER , MA WENGE CARBON , P700 , NITTAKU AVALOX BT777Wink

Date Posted: 05/06/2012 at 11:48am
That BT 777 looks like it has a big juicy squarish handle. Nice pics...what happened to the purple handle?

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: mikepong
Date Posted: 05/06/2012 at 12:40pm
whats the difference between bt 777 vs p700?

-------------
Viscaria

FH: Tenergy 05 black

BH: Tenergy 05 red

Date Posted: 05/06/2012 at 9:29pm
The difference would be BT777 comes lacquered from factory.  However, I would say that P700 feels softer.  BT777 feels more crisp and has more trampoline effect (catapult effect). 

Date Posted: 05/07/2012 at 9:08am
Nice reply doraemon all I can do here is to add it that BT777  is a whole lot faster than its little cousin P700

-------------
      AVALOX BLUE THUNDER

Date Posted: 05/07/2012 at 2:51pm
  How would a P 500 (sealed) play with Galaxy Moon 2.0 38 deg both FH and BH? With Mark V was fast enough but didn't feel "direct" enough. Good control but spin was not enough on serves. With Mark V there was a feeling of flinging loops and hits not that solid, crisp contact. The word on Moon is that it is great for blocks and counter hits with a good loop ( not it's strongest point). I have played with Moon on BH with a Donic Power Carbon and was sold right away. Perhaps the P500 is not a good match with Moon...then again it is ok....what you guys think?

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Date Posted: 08/13/2012 at 12:24am
I recently tried Mark V HPS 2.0/ Mark V 2.0 on my P500 ST. and felt the Mark V's never felt so at home on a blade as the P500. This set-up remained fast with comfort. P500 is a great blade period for just about every player who thrives on topspin with good speed. It is a soft blade but still powerful away from table with the right rubber and thickness. Compared to BTY Primorac it is more forgiving but faster. Compared to BTY Korbel it is lighter, same speed, better touch and control. I think paired with a super rubbers like T05, Acuda S1, Calibra LT it would suit mid distance loopers to the max.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: roulage
Date Posted: 10/14/2013 at 10:25am
Hi, anybody playing or testing new Tosios blade ?

-------------
Photino+Andro Plaxon

Posted By: viper
Date Posted: 08/01/2015 at 1:26pm
After a 30+ years break from TT since playing for primary school team, Recently acquired a new Avalox Ma Wenge C555  ST 87g,  put on T05 front and back.

I originally wanted to get a Galaxy/Yinhe 2024 after playing with one from another club member (it felt very light with Coppa X3 both sides and very easy to swing with ) but it's sold out everywhere.  Ended up with the C555 because I had some interest with the P500 and P700.  And the C555 is suppose to have a soft carbon feel.

In this back to TT journey,  nothing feels as good as a smash with a sardius though.  So much raw power. :D

Was tempted to get a BTY arylate carbon blade but never got a chance to hit with one with rubbers,  only manage to bounce a ball on some blades but they had a unfamiliar muted feel.

Will see how I go with this C555 while waiting for the opportunity to try an A/C blade. Incidentally, I did manage to play with a JM ZLC (T05) but it felt somewhat muted as well, although it was very light/easy to swing. Lucky I didn't love it enough to spend that kind of money... :)

One good thing about EJ'ing with Avalox ,  it's not a bank breaker compared to the EJ'ing with mainstream brands.

Posted By: petra
Date Posted: 04/20/2016 at 9:47am
SEEKING OLD AVALOX P 500 ST FOR OLD CLIPPER ALSER+ OLD BTY POWER FEEALING  EMAIL [email protected]  THANK YOU VERY MUCH.....

Posted By: jonasnymose
Date Posted: 08/22/2020 at 10:00am
Even though this thread looks dead, I'm gonna comment anyways.

I'm gonna start at tabletennis this coming week after a 6 years break. I must say that I'm an Avalox fan for sure. I bought a new BT555, since that's what I played mostly and best with back then. I also had a BT550. 
But for me last mentioned was too dead on passive balls and too springy on offensive ones. BT555 had a better balance, and I liked the handle better. Not as thin. My new one feels a bit lighter than I remember and I use the same rubbers. So I suspected that I might have gotten a BT550 instead (I ordered it preassembled). But it measures closer to 6 than 5.5 mm. And the 2nd layer looks different than 3rd layer, so it must be a BT555. I probably just got lucky and got one of the lighter ones :) 
And I love the purple btw Tongue

Date Posted: 08/22/2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

OK, just short review:

BT550:  soft and flexible, in the style of Stiga Allround Classic, but a bit firmer, due to thicker core compared to Stiga Allround Classic.  Good for looping.  Blocking and hitting need to be right on the sweetspot, as it is flexible.  Short game needs gentler touch because of the springy effect.

BT555:  medium in hardness and a bit flexible, in the style of Offensive Classic and Dicon.  It is thicker than OC but about the same thickness as Dicon.  Good for looping.  Better blocking and hitting compared to BT550.  Short game is about the same.  BT555 is constructed of limba - spruce - ayous - spruce - limba.

P500:  similar to BT555 but a bit firmer.  It is constructed of koto - spruce - ayous - spruce - koto, so has a bit of firm feeling.  The spring or catapult effect is also less compared to BT555, so it is better for short game and blocking/hitting.  

I would say that I like P500 better, then BT550 and last BT555 (very similar to Dicon).

Now, the 7-ply:

P700 vs. BT777:  both are constructed from the same materials.  Thickness is about the same.  Both are good for looping, but very good for blocking and hitting (of course, it's 7-ply).  Compared to Stiga Clipper, it is better for looping but a bit worse for blocking/hitting (of course, Clipper is around 6.8-6.9 mm in thickness, while P700 and BT777 are around 6.2 mm in thickness).  They are more solid compared to P500 and BT555, but compared to Clipper, they are a bit flexy.

I would say that I like P700 better compared to BT777.  BT777 has more trampoline/catapult effect.

Weight:
BT550 = 87 - 88 grams
BT555 = 81 grams
P500 = 86 - 87 grams (IIRC)
BT777 = 82 grams
P700 = 89 grams (IIRC)

It's been awhile since I was EJing so my impression was based on the experience back then.

So would you say that a P700 is a bit slower and bit more controllable than a BT777? 
I tried a Clipper before the 40+ days, and I found it a bit too direct and had trouble controlling it. So if I in the future wanted to "upgrade" from BT555, would a BT777 or P700 be an obvious choice? since I suspect that they have a bit more dwell time than Clipper. Or would 'Edge' be a better choice, if anyone have tried that one? Or is it about the same as a BT555?

Date Posted: 08/22/2020 at 10:18am
Originally posted by emihet emihet wrote:

I currently have 3 BT550 my blade of choice when speed glue was around.. also have a p500, BT555, P700 and also had AVX J-tech, J-Aramid, Hado blades... i like all their blades...from the current blades the 555 is faster then all of them the spring in this blade is insane...it is a monster for a mid distance looper...the blade lifts the ball on its own that is how much spring there is in it...i had a couple beforehand and none were this springy and fast...

Odd, I felt that the BT550 had more catapult, hmm interesting.

Date Posted: 08/22/2020 at 10:30am
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

That BT 777 looks like it has a big juicy squarish handle. Nice pics...what happened to the purple handle?

My old BT555 also turned greyish after sucking up all that sweat and dirt over time.

Posted By: ncsteve
Date Posted: 08/22/2020 at 9:13pm
My P700 just arrived! Can't wait to slap on the two sheets of 802-40 I ordered and hit some balls. I am expecting quite a change from the Sanwei M8 I have been using.

Date Posted: 08/23/2020 at 2:42am
cool!
What is a Sanwei M8 equalant to? P500, bt555, OC and such? Or more like bt550 and Allround Evolution?

Date Posted: 08/23/2020 at 9:52am
To me, the M8 is similar to the Stiga Allround classic, maybe a little faster. It's a cheap blade I used to transition to short pips a few months ago. I had been playing hardbat only for the past 10+ years.

Date Posted: 08/23/2020 at 10:14am
aah okay, Yeah then it might be a bit similar to bt550 and and Allround Evolution :) then for sure it's gonna be quite different, And then I Think it might be too big of a jump. I would probably go with either bt555 or p500 as transition. But if you already bought it, then you could try it out and see for yourself if it's right for you or not. That's the best way to figure it out haha 😄

Date Posted: 08/23/2020 at 2:49pm
Yes, sometimes it is! I felt that I had to try the P700 after reading all the recommendatios for it as one of the best attacking blades for short pips ever! I will let you know how the comparison goes after I get some rubber sheets on it.

Date Posted: 08/23/2020 at 2:57pm
great! I would like that.
I'm considering the BT777, Because it's a bit lighter and a bit more flexible. I once tried a Clipper, which is stiffer than both. Passive balls were controllable, but with offensive shots I had a tendency to overshoot, because I was used to bt555. It felt like I jumped over a lot of gears. But both p700 and bt777 Should have more dwell, so I guess that they'll be more controllable for offensive game. I hope so :)     

Date Posted: 08/24/2020 at 12:43am
It's funny what equipment feels at home with the ABS balls. I like my current P500 for the same reasons I liked my original Virtuoso L, but maybe this is a touch crisper for flat hits.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/24/2020 at 5:49am
what equipment have you noticed people mentioning feels more at home with the plastic balls? 

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 08/28/2020 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by jonasnymose jonasnymose wrote:

I'm considering the BT777, Because it's a bit lighter and a bit more flexible. I once tried a Clipper, which is stiffer than both. Passive balls were controllable, but with offensive shots I had a tendency to overshoot, because I was used to bt555. It felt like I jumped over a lot of gears. But both p700 and bt777 Should have more dwell, so I guess that they'll be more controllable for offensive game. I hope so :)     

Anybody has tried C555 ma wenge?

Date Posted: 09/18/2020 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

I would like to know as well. How much faster it is compared to bt777? (that I just got myself. Like it better Than bt555 with same rubbers. I find bt777 easier to use like it fits me better. There aren't Much difference between them though) 

Date Posted: 09/18/2020 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by sampa sampa wrote:

Smile J-POWER , MA WENGE CARBON , P700 , NITTAKU AVALOX BT777Wink

How Much difference do you find there is between bt777 and Ma Wenge Carbon?

Posted By: lucascarvalho
Date Posted: 09/22/2020 at 7:36pm
Can someone suggest a alternative to Ma Wenge c555? I have a old one and in my country i can't find a store to buy this blade.

Date Posted: 09/22/2020 at 9:28pm

I really enjoyed the few months that I played the C555 Ma Wenge with ABS balls. During celluloid balls it was too fast for me to loop well. 

With ABS balls, I used the blue sponged Acuda P2 and P3. I found the blade to be very easy to control, and it provided enough spin with modern rubber to be effective for allround controlled attacking play.  

It plays very predictably with even the plastic balls. The blade seemed equally at home hitting and looping. Blocking was not fast but was easily controlled. The carbon, as you would suspect adds stability, but the blade still has good feel like some other inner carbon blades. 

I would still be using it, but I found the wings of the blade came too deep into the handle; I did not like the feel (even sanded soft) on my knuckles from a deeper grip.

And my playing partner liked the blade so much he purchased it from me.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/30/2020 at 4:18pm
is this so called c500 a chinese fake, or is it a new blade from Avalox?

https://m.feebee.com.tw/bid/avalox%E8%B2%A0%E6%89%8B%E6%9D%BF/" rel="nofollow - https://m.feebee.com.tw/bid/avalox%E8%B2%A0%E6%89%8B%E6%9D%BF/

Also Ruiba should be more suited for the plastic ball. Seems quite thin. Is it slower and more flexible than bt777 and c555 even though it has carbon and what looks like harder outer ply? Ma lin Carbon looks like a similar blade but with limba outer instead.  

Posted By: mykonos96
Date Posted: 10/01/2020 at 2:22am

I really enjoyed the few months that I played the C555 Ma Wenge with ABS balls. During celluloid balls it was too fast for me to loop well. 

With ABS balls, I used the blue sponged Acuda P2 and P3. I found the blade to be very easy to control, and it provided enough spin with modern rubber to be effective for allround controlled attacking play.  

It plays very predictably with even the plastic balls. The blade seemed equally at home hitting and looping. Blocking was not fast but was easily controlled. The carbon, as you would suspect adds stability, but the blade still has good feel like some other inner carbon blades. 

I would still be using it, but I found the wings of the blade came too deep into the handle; I did not like the feel (even sanded soft) on my knuckles from a deeper grip.

And my playing partner liked the blade so much he purchased it from me.

What would be its average speed with plastic balls ?

Posted By: tommyzai
Date Posted: 10/04/2020 at 2:06pm
Does Avalox make a stiff, all-wood, 5-ply? Basically, a 5-ply version of the P700. 

-------------
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]

Date Posted: 11/20/2020 at 10:57pm
anybody who have tried bt777, p900 and J-power? I'm Very happy with my bt777, but was wondering if I could get more spin but same speed with one of the 2 others :)

Date Posted: 11/20/2020 at 11:02pm
p500 is the 5-ply version of p700. But p500 has koto outer instead of limba. 

Some says that bt777 Should be less stiff and therefore have more flex. That means it has slightly  more 5-ply caracteristics compared to p700.

P900 Should be a middle thing between p500 and p700. 

Date Posted: 11/21/2020 at 9:05pm

What would be its average speed with plastic balls ?

I am not sure what you mean by "average speed".

But I would call the blade "OFF-" with plastic balls. With celluloid, the blade was solidly "OFF".

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net