Print Page | Close Window

Speed Axel Review

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44245
Printed Date: 04/16/2024 at 2:15pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Speed Axel Review
Posted By: channyboi
Subject: Speed Axel Review
Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 2:33am
Hi guys, recently got a 500ml speed axel booster from nittaku.
Anyway, he are my thoughts:
Power Increase: Medium (wont differ much from typical boosters, a slightly minor increase than dian chi)
Speed: Great (even faster than dian chi :D)
Sound: Medium (better than most boosters but less than dian chi)
Spin: Pretty good increase (20% maybe?)
It should also be noted that the rubbers will become noticebly SOFTER after long term boosting.
I have two pictures: One before boosting, and one after 3 layers :D.
I put two layers on, then two layers of water based glue, then another layer of booster.

Replies:
Posted By: AMonteiro
Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 6:22am

where did you buy it?

thanks

-------------
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR

Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 6:53am
prott.cc
500ml for $70 -doest come with brush (acts as a refill)
130ml for #30 --comes with brush and speed axel wristband (500ml is used to refill this)

Posted By: aroonkl
Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 11:25am
Is it Dian Chi booster or Glue?
Thanks.

===Power Increase: Medium (wont differ much from typical boosters, a slightly minor increase than dian chi)
Sound: Medium (better than most boosters but less than dian chi)===

Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 11:49am
Dian Chi is a booster.

-------------

Posted By: pnachtwey
Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 11:51am
I don't understand this at all. $70 for 500 ml? These 'boosters' better perform magic at this price and the brush better be gold plated. I bet this is Nittaku's most profitable item and 500 ml costs about 50 cents to make or get from some source in bulk. It is simply a matter of knowing what chemical this booster is and exploiting those that think they need a booster to play well. Where do I buy Nittaku stock? I see big profits for Nittaku if this catches on.

-------------
I TT therefore I am

Posted By: Carbon TT
Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Dian Chi is a booster.

They actually make both.

-------------
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P

Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 3:19pm
The one the OP was refering was the booster..

-------------

Posted By: liXiao
Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

The one the OP was refering was the booster..

Yes you are right on that account, I believe Dian Chi makes speed glue, water based glue AND booster.

-------------
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing

Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 7:38pm
I like Dian Chi more than Axel.
I've always liked power more than speed.

Posted By: ohhgourami
Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

I don't understand this at all. $70 for 500 ml? These 'boosters' better perform magic at this price and the brush better be gold plated. I bet this is Nittaku's most profitable item and 500 ml costs about 50 cents to make or get from some source in bulk. It is simply a matter of knowing what chemical this booster is and exploiting those that think they need a booster to play well. Where do I buy Nittaku stock? I see big profits for Nittaku if this catches on.

It would have been profitable for Nittaku if it were still in production.  This has been off the market for a whole year now.

-------------
Custom Walnut 7-ply
DHS H3 Provincial untuned 40°
BTY T64
210g

Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by ohhgourami ohhgourami wrote:

It would have been profitable for Nittaku if it were still in production.  This has been off the market for a whole year now.

Idk why people would pay so much for speed axel, its really really cheap on taobao. 100mL = 120 yuan or 18.75$. 

-------------
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing

Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 10:45pm
Counterfeit products are very common on taobao.
Timo boll alc for 240 yuan? LOL

Date Posted: 09/03/2011 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by channyboi channyboi wrote:

Who fakes glue? Plus one auction listed the same picture as the one that prott.cc uses, just though I'd make note of that. 

-------------
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing

Date Posted: 09/04/2011 at 3:43am
It's not about what you fake, it's about how much money you make.

Posted By: haggisv
Date Posted: 09/04/2011 at 5:38am

Nice review channyboi!Clap

I'm curious how you define 'power' and 'speed'?

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=42" rel="nofollow - Tenergy Alternatives | http://tabletennis-reviews.com" rel="nofollow - My TT Articles

Posted By: j0hn
Date Posted: 09/04/2011 at 5:45am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Nice review channyboi!ClapI'm curious how you define 'power' and 'speed'?

isn't power and speed the same?

-------------
stiga inspira plus, dhs h3 provincial 41° | bty dignics 64

Posted By: bluebucket
Date Posted: 09/04/2011 at 5:56am
Power in table tennis is a combination of speed and spin at least that's how I interpret it :0, speed without spin is about as useless as spin without speed :-0

Posted By: BH-Man
Date Posted: 09/04/2011 at 8:31am
Nittaku has a really cool shirt pimping this product. The T-Shirt looks better than many TT shirts.

-------------
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Posted By: Speedplay
Date Posted: 09/04/2011 at 9:46am

Nice review channyboi!ClapI'm curious how you define 'power' and 'speed'?

Going for a wild guess here, but I think that "speed" and "power" here refers to the name of the products?

-------------
The holy grail

Date Posted: 09/04/2011 at 9:51am
Originally posted by <strong><em>channyboi</em></strong><em> channyboi wrote:

Power Increase: Medium (wont differ much from typical boosters, a slightly minor increase than dian chi)
Spin: Pretty good increase (20% maybe?)

He seems to differentiate between all three of these, so I was just asking what he meant by them.

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=42" rel="nofollow - Tenergy Alternatives | http://tabletennis-reviews.com" rel="nofollow - My TT Articles

Posted By: icontek
Date Posted: 09/04/2011 at 10:28am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Who fakes glue? Plus one auction listed the same picture as the one that prott.cc uses, just though I'd make note of that. 

I had a chance to compare the smell of Haifu Speed Glue purchased from Taobao with some stuff I purchased from TTNPP. Even though they both looked the same (like the pictures) they smelled totally different.

One was fake, for sure.

It's not about what you fake, it's about how much money you make.

Right on. If you can make fakes that cost very little to produce (like glues and boosters, using whatever is cheapest and provides similar effect) you can have large margins.

If the retail price for a couple hundred milliliters of parrafin oil is a few dollars, how much markup do you think glues and boosters have?

Remember, when the VOC ban kicked in, loads of manufacturers who resold speed glue lost a signifcant revenue stream. Their partnership with the ITTF ensures that the losses will be made up somewhere (see rising rubber and blade costs, new ball construction, and equipment bans that ensure a spending spree).

-------------
http://bit.ly/vLMhuB" rel="nofollow - - RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42

Date Posted: 09/04/2011 at 11:17am
Originally posted by bluebucket bluebucket wrote:

Power in table tennis is a combination of speed and spin at least that's how I interpret it :0, speed without spin is about as useless as spin without speed :-0
Why not add "Kick" from bounce on the opponent's side of table in addition to speed and spin. Power should be all encompassing, since it really means amount of work (energy) performed in a given time. The ball's velocity can change after the bounce as well, so why not include that too.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/05/2011 at 3:06am
Power- 'More Spring, similar to a tensor'
Speed- Faster close to table

Posted By: pablogilberto
Date Posted: 09/05/2011 at 4:00am
no such thing as a "Power" characteristic on a rubber...it's the user who makes it.

Date Posted: 09/05/2011 at 4:31am
I don't think ma long can do his loop with an unboosted hurricae?

Posted By: pablogilberto
Date Posted: 09/05/2011 at 11:07am
did Ma Long tell you that?

Posted By: Carbon TT
Date Posted: 09/05/2011 at 3:15pm
Here's how I like to think of power vs speed, see if this makes sense to anyone else. 

Speed is the rate at which the ball leaves the surface of the rubber. Power on the other hand is the perceived decline of speed as the player's distance from the table increases.

-------------
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P

Date Posted: 09/05/2011 at 6:08pm
I used the word think; hence, I never said I confirmed with him.
Power is created by the body, but rubbers have their power too.
You try play with an untuned hurrcane far away from table after using tenergy.

Date Posted: 09/06/2011 at 2:45am
You get the idea-bouncier/like a tensor.
And that's how I define it.
Please keep in mind that this post is about table tennis, and not physics.

Posted By: infinite_loop
Date Posted: 09/06/2011 at 3:59am

Power has units of force*distance/time.
Speed has units of distance/time.
People generate power by converting energy from one form to another.
Paddles don't have a power or energy source.
Rubbers and blades don't generate power unless you burn them.

People use the terms power and energy for a multitude of concepts different from the physics concepts of power and energy. Those words were in usage well before physics borrowed them. One can't expect every usage to be in accordance to physics definition unless it is a formal physics discussion.

What next? Claiming a certain tensor rubber is not a tensor, and quoting the physics definiton of a tensor?

Date Posted: 09/06/2011 at 6:17am

Yes I agree... I only asked about it because I wanted to know how you defined it, amd now that you've clearly answered it, we should get back on track.

So lets not derail this thread into a physics thread, thanks guysWink

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX

Posted By: Derf59
Date Posted: 09/06/2011 at 8:00am

Date Posted: 09/06/2011 at 8:07am

Yes I agree... I only asked about it because I wanted to know how you defined it, amd now that you've clearly answered it, we should get back on track.

So lets not derail this thread into a physics thread, thanks guysWink
I sometimes don't get Haggisv. Mostly he is quiet and diplomatic more than a swiss troubleshooter, but here he is more assertive than a US Army Special Trooper. WTF? What did dude do to get Haggisv fired up? Must have been something sever or I really missed something, because I wa out of the net last night when I had to cycle 20 KM all the way back home late cause the last train recovering my bicycle stopped way short and I was pizzed to all ends. hey, at least I lost another KG of fat cause of it:)

-------------

Date Posted: 09/06/2011 at 6:48pm
I'm not sure how you can read my post to be so assertive? I was simply agreeing with channyboi... now that his has explained what he meant by the terms Power and Speed in his review, the discussion should continue about his topic, not about the technical meaning of the terms...

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX

Posted By: yogi_bear
Date Posted: 09/06/2011 at 8:17pm
@haggisv, need i tell you more that we should get rid of annoying people who hijack threads???

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Posted By: pnachtwey
Date Posted: 09/07/2011 at 1:13am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

@haggisv, need i tell you more that we should get rid of annoying people who hijack threads???

And who is hijacking the thread yogi?    I am not the one posting wrong and useless information. I saw HaggisV's hint about avoiding more facts and I was willing to stop but I can't let your comment pass.

Yogi, I have evidence of you deleting my posts and even editing my posts and you can't provide any evidence of six warnings you claim to have given me. How can there be 6 warnings when you have deleted my posts? What posts are there left to give warnings to?   Simply, you are a liar and a forum bully. You will have to answer to the other forum moderators. I have web archived the thread so there is no need to modify it further. I am going to demand that you be removed as a forum moderator.
Grin and bear it yogi.

-------------
I TT therefore I am

Date Posted: 09/07/2011 at 2:27am
OK, you've both had your say, now lets get back to the discussion of Speed Axel.

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX

Posted By: tims89
Date Posted: 09/07/2011 at 1:51pm
hi guys. i want to use this booster. is there a difference between speed glue and water glue, because instruction says that i must put some layers on clear sponge, then put some water glue, and then another layer of booster. What happened if I will use speed glue(petrol)??? 

Posted By: icontek
Date Posted: 09/08/2011 at 9:34am
Use water glue; these boosters are designed to be compatible with water based glue and weird uneven stretching can result if you combine boost and speedglue.

-------------
http://bit.ly/vLMhuB" rel="nofollow - - RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42

Posted By: tims89
Date Posted: 09/09/2011 at 4:34am
thanks!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net