Print Page | Close Window

Dr. Neubauer Diamant

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44910
Printed Date: 03/29/2024 at 3:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dr. Neubauer Diamant
Posted By: AcudaDave
Subject: Dr. Neubauer Diamant
Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 1:15pm
FYI,

Just got a sheet of Dr. Neubauer Diamant (medium pips) in 1.8mm yesterday and gave it a try last night at the club.  I play close to the table and like to attack.  I actually have a looping bh with inverted, and play with SP on my FH.  I first switched to BTY Raystorm 2.1 about 3 years ago from inverted on my fh.  I got tired of running around looping everything with my fh and wanted something that I could attack underspin with easily.  I did improve with the Raystorm and enjoyed it very much.  Since that time I've tried a few various SPs on my fh such as Flarestorm, Flarestorm II, Joola Tango Ultra, and recently Giant Dragon Turbo 612.  Let me just say that Turbo is more like medium pips.  It has great sinking effect, but it was very hard to attack underspin and so it made me a little more defensive. 
I've only played 1 time with it but I gotta say it was as advertised...you can attack chopped balls easily! It really didn't have much effect for a MP, but it was great for offense.  I was able to open up against chopped balls like nothing, and when I blocked loops the ball didn't go down so much like it did with Raystorm.  If anyone is looking for SPs and wants it to attack with then definitely give this a try.  It's really good for attacking/blocking.  Pushing tends to produce more of a floating ball with no spin so you have to adjust for that, but attacking pushes/short chops is where it really shines.  It also comes in 2.0 so I might give this a shot in the future.Smile

-------------
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH

Replies:
Posted By: melarimsa
Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 2:10pm
I am also big fan of Raystorm and thinking to go with this on my forehand again ! But, now you got me wondered :) I wanted to go with Dr. Neubauer Pistol ? But, now I need to maybe reconsider :) Thanks Dave !
Mel ...

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis

Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 2:17pm
I don't think you'll like Pistol.  I tried it when it first came out and it was not easy to play with.  It was a little too unpredictable.  I think the Diamant is overall a better sp/mp to attack with. 

-------------

Posted By: roundrobin
Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 2:25pm
Diamant is similar to 563, but made with better quality materials.  Great at hitting through spin, terrible at generating spin. 

Too one-dimensional for me when I tried it, but should work well when paired with smooth rubber.

Posted By: jt99sf
Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

Diamant is similar to 563, but made with better quality materials.  Great at hitting through spin, terrible at generating spin. 

Too one-dimensional for me when I tried it, but should work well when paired with smooth rubber.

The 563 pips break too easily, that's why I stopped using it.  The Palio WP1013 and the Dawei 388C-1 pips are quite durable.

-------------
Photino/Super Viscaria : H3 (FH)/Dr N pips(BH)

林德成 HardBat:Hock 3-Ply /Dr Evil

Posted By: melarimsa
Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 2:40pm
Palio Wp1013 and Globe 888 was THE BEST ever medium pips for me. Better than any other short I have ever tried. JUIC Masterspin Special was crap for me, as I could not do anything with it Confused . More over, Friendship 563 also was terrible for me Ouch ... I find Globe 888 to work best for me ever !

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/100NiTenis

Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 2:50pm
If it wasn't for the title, i thoguht your are reviewing the Turbo 612 Smile.  when you say "It has great sinking effect, but it was very hard to attack underspin and so it made me a little more defensive." you are talking abut the Diamant right?  What is the degree of softness? and if you can compare with 563 in term of sinking effect, or spinning.  Thanks, 

jt99sf\roundrobin - you think wp1013 has more spin then the 563?  I coundn't tell, but from looking at the pips, it seem like the 563 has more pips per cm2 than the wp1013.  I am playing with 563, but may give the wp1013 another try Smile.

Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

If it wasn't for the title, i thoguht your are reviewing the Turbo 612 Smile.  when you say "It has great sinking effect, but it was very hard to attack underspin and so it made me a little more defensive." you are talking abut the Diamant right?  What is the degree of softness? and if you can compare with 563 in term of sinking effect, or spinning.  Thanks, 

jt99sf\roundrobin - you think wp1013 has more spin then the 563?  I coundn't tell, but from looking at the pips, it seem like the 563 has more pips per cm2 than the wp1013.  I am playing with 563, but may give the wp1013 another try Smile.
I was talking about the Turbo having great sinking effect.  The Diamant doesn't have much effect when hitting.  Pushing with it tends to produce floating balls so you don't want to push too much with it. Blocking loops was easy and seemed to give my opponent some trouble.  But it really shines when attacking underspin.

-------------

Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

Palio Wp1013 and Globe 888 was THE BEST ever medium pips for me. Better than any other short I have ever tried. JUIC Masterspin Special was crap for me, as I could not do anything with it Confused . More over, Friendship 563 also was terrible for me Ouch ... I find Globe 888 to work best for me ever !
What don't you like about the 563?  I find that with 563 I have to keep trying to attack first, bc my push does not have enough spin, and close to the table can use that to attack me.  However attack under spin with 563 is quite easy, it's just mot my game, so I am not comfortable playing aggressive all the time (I still new to the pip game LOL).  I will give the wp1013 a try tonight, and the 888 in a couple weeks (it's in the mail). and maybe the Diamant later if I think it can help Smile.

Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

I was talking about the Turbo having great sinking effect.  The Diamant doesn't have much effect when hitting.  Pushing with it tends to produce floating balls so you don't want to push too much with it. Blocking loops was easy and seemed to give my opponent some trouble.  But it really shines when attacking underspin.
I see.  I always thought the sinking effect is caused by less prone to spin (or not so grippy surface), which in turn make it easier to attack underspin ball, as you can sort of hit through spin. 

Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 3:25pm

If you like to spin (which I do), I like the Dawei 388C-1. It has a 'stickier' topsheet (in red) than 563 and WP1013. I'm able to do good BH loops with the Dawei rubber (1.8 soft).

-------------

Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by jt99sf jt99sf wrote:

If you like to spin (which I do), I like the Dawei 388C-1. It has a 'stickier' topsheet (in red) than 563 and WP1013. I'm able to do good BH loops with the Dawei rubber (1.8 soft).
Oh no, 338C was not even on my list, it is now though Smile.  The thing is I don't know if I want spinnier rubber, as it will be good for my push, but I thought it will make it harder to hit through spin, which is why I like PIP on BH in the 1st place.

Date Posted: 10/06/2011 at 3:57pm
Sometimes you want the 'spin' option for a surprise attack. LOL 

use the soft sponge so incoming spin is more managable, last thing...practice, practice, practice.

-------------

Posted By: Rainer87
Date Posted: 01/07/2017 at 7:05am
Hello all!
Before I started playing with Diamant (1,5 sponge) I tried Tibhar Speedy Soft, Donic Baxster LB and then DHS Sharping. I loved it from the first touch and I played with it six months last year. Season for me was very successful, best I had actually. Because of the deception and the reversal effect it helped me to beat a lot of opponents with who I usually struggle. When opening with backhand attack, usually opponents blocked it to the net. If they managed to block it back, then I finished it with my FH loop. It is good at lifting backspin balls, blocking is also good, when blocking flat, then reversal effect comes to play. More advanced players didn't have so much trouble with it as they knew how to play against pimple rubber. Also I felt that it was the best in chopping ability when compering to the other short/medium pimple rubbers. Because I felt it didn't last as long as I expected I started looking for alternative. I played with it 6 months, but it started loosing grip already before that. I tried following rubbers: RITC 563, Tibhar Speedy Soft Tdecs and few others, but none of them came close for me in deception and reversal. Also I tried most of the rubbers on other blades, but nothing worked for me, my playing form only when worse and I started loosing to players to usually I never loose. After some bad tournaments I decided to move back to Diamant, already on first training I felt that Diamant is the rubber for me. Overall I learned, that when you find wright setup for yourself, then keep it, dont start to experiment with something else, it can work out really bad for you :).

-------------
Blade: YEO
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Neubauer Diamant
http://www.youtube.com/koletis20" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/koletis20

Date Posted: 01/09/2017 at 1:19pm
Ok...here is my feedback on Diamant. It's great for 2 months. I could do everything with it and still had the deception, blade after just a couple of months it started to lose its grip and became almost frictionless over time. I wrote to Dr. Neubauer and they replied that the could make it more durable but then it wouldn't have the deception I liked. So eventually I switched to Victas 102 and even though it doesn't have nearly as much deception it lasts 3x longer and I have better control. So if u like it enjoy, but be prepared to switch often.

-------------

Posted By: Rainer87
Date Posted: 01/09/2017 at 2:45pm
Is Victas 102 similar to Diamant only without deception? What would be good alternative to Diamant? 

-------------
Blade: YEO
FH: Donic Baracuda
BH: Neubauer Diamant
http://www.youtube.com/koletis20" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/koletis20

Date Posted: 01/09/2017 at 4:32pm
well I could also say Victas 102 is similar to inverted only without the smooth rubber Rainer. Ha. They are both short pips, so that's about all you can say. If you're looking for a good alternative to Diamant, then that tells me you're looking for a short pips that is still good at attacking but will still have some deception. There are lots of short pips out there such as Leopard, Armstrong 8 Attack, Friendship 563, and others. Diamant is unique to all those others in it's ability to attack and block with good deception. In the end my practice partner and I came to the conclusion that we were better off using a more normal short pips that had good control. Pips are still pips and blocking/hitting with them against loopers still causes problems. You can find more deceptive short pips than Victas, but just remember whatever you gain in deception, you lose in control. In the end I think it's better to have something that might be more normal or something that causes a little bit of a sinking ball but still has good control. The new Spectol Red is a great rubber. It is fast, has good control, and still causes a little bit of a sinking ball. Breakout by Materialspezialist is also pretty good. It's easy to attack underspin balls with and probably causes more sinking effect than other short pips.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net