Print Page | Close Window

GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour, Japan open Open

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Pictures & Videos
Forum Name: Videos
Forum Description: Post table tennis video download information here.
Moderator: mickd
Assistant Moderators:

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50699
Printed Date: 04/18/2024 at 10:24pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour, Japan open Open
Posted By: TTImpossible
Subject: GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour, Japan open Open
Date Posted: 06/04/2012 at 12:14pm
Hi,

Follow the compétitions here:
http://ttimpossible.blogspot.com/p/ittv-steaming.html - http://ttimpossible.blogspot.com/p/ittv-steaming.html

-------------
TTImpossible.. The art of Table Tennis vidéo

Replies:
Posted By: TTNoobie
Date Posted: 06/04/2012 at 7:33pm
no Chinese and Timo participating LOL

Posted By: Nagatito
Date Posted: 06/04/2012 at 10:53pm
Dima, baum, franziscka, joo, mizutani, groth, maze are in? XD

-------------
Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: T05
BH: Roundell

Posted By: bravefest
Date Posted: 06/05/2012 at 1:25am
Originally posted by TTNoobie TTNoobie wrote:

It sounds silly, but if you removed the Chinese from a major tournament that featured all the other top players, you really have no idea who would win.  Timo Boll or JSH would be the obvious favorites, but any of the next 20 or so players in line would have a good chance of winning that tournament.

The Chinese are simply too good right now.  I think Japan, S. Korea and Germany have enough strong young players that they will keep solid spots in the top rankings, but they won't be serious challenges like they were in the past.  I think they're mostly going to disappear off the radar much as Sweden has in international events.

Date Posted: 06/06/2012 at 4:58am

Lee Chia-Sheng - Kizukuri Yuto

direct link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RRhZqPECQY&feature=plcp - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RRhZqPECQY

-------------

Posted By: mrdoodzki
Date Posted: 06/06/2012 at 5:51am
kizukuri yuto is so tiny!!

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

HAPPINESS is....sometimes no words, just the sound of a ball

Posted By: blahness
Date Posted: 06/06/2012 at 8:12am
Originally posted by bravefest bravefest wrote:

Originally posted by TTNoobie TTNoobie wrote:

It sounds silly, but if you removed the Chinese from a major tournament that featured all the other top players, you really have no idea who would win.  Timo Boll or JSH would be the obvious favorites, but any of the next 20 or so players in line would have a good chance of winning that tournament.

The Chinese are simply too good right now.  I think Japan, S. Korea and Germany have enough strong young players that they will keep solid spots in the top rankings, but they won't be serious challenges like they were in the past.  I think they're mostly going to disappear off the radar much as Sweden has in international events.

It's always quite hard for one single country to maintain such dominance for a long time, sooner or later the Chinese techniques and training methods will be studied thoroughly and the world will eventually catch up. This, however is something that's probably 5-10 years into the future...

-------------
-------
Viscaria
FH: Hurricane 8-80
BH: D05

Back to normal shape bats :(

Posted By: ZApenholder
Date Posted: 06/06/2012 at 8:20am
Blahness, I hope that is the case.
In fact, I hope there is atleast 4 countries that can be number 1 at any given time

Posted By: martian22
Date Posted: 06/06/2012 at 11:28am
why hasnt timo been competing at all this year?

-------------
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 06/06/2012 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by martian22 martian22 wrote:

avoiding back injuries for sure, this time will be the last chance for him

Posted By: amateur
Date Posted: 06/06/2012 at 4:21pm

He has been competing, just not on the World Tour.

His main reason for playing in Japan is to secure a good seeding for the Olympics (since Mizutani, Chuang and Joo are getting closer), i.e. top 3 or 4 in singles and top 2 in the team event.

Posted By: martian22
Date Posted: 06/06/2012 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

He has been competing, just not on the World Tour.

His main reason for playing in Japan is to secure a good seeding for the Olympics (since Mizutani, Chuang and Joo are getting closer), i.e. top 3 or 4 in singles and top 2 in the team event.

sorry thats what i meant, why hasnt he been playing on the pro tour?

-------------
Timo Boll ZLF
MXP

Date Posted: 06/07/2012 at 10:11am
GAC World Tour Japan Open 2012: Jorgen Persson-Chih Wei Yeh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W40b2PGD3JM - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W40b2PGD3JM

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Posted By: GECA
Date Posted: 06/07/2012 at 3:28pm
Daniela Dodean vs Saki Tashiro

Posted By: riker71
Date Posted: 06/07/2012 at 5:06pm
DD is out after losing to the other player in her group

-------------
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25

Posted By: TTNoobie
Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 4:55am
lol ittf and its umpires are a big joke.  Match between Ishikawa and Liu Jia,  Liu Jia up 3-2 in games,  and Ishikawa was issued a yellow card.  6th game and Ishikawa is up 11-10,  and the umpire issues Ishikawa a RED card for kicking the ball,  this gives Liu Jia the point and the service!  WOW  but Ishikawa starts crying(!) and since it's in Japan the crowd gets into it and some Japanese official gets called in to sort things out.   Unbelievable, the red card gets revoked and Ishikawa eventually ends up winning to tie the match at 3-3!

This is the pro leagues?  Start crying and a red card in a crucial moment can get revoked?  Ittf is a joke league

and Ishikawa wins the 7th game,  so unprofessional,  I wonder if Maze starts crying about a red card it'll get revokedLOL

Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 7:33am

-------------

Posted By: Pondus
Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 8:28am
Is the iTV player not working at the moment... or is it just me?

Posted By: silva7
Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 8:55am
yay Timo Boll is out!! go joo se hyuk!! Joo will probably have to play Koki Niwa which should be interesting

-------------
RSM Special Platinum T64

Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 11:07am
Timo Boll-Burov Viacheslav
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGQaFSyd230 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGQaFSyd230

Yuto Muramatsu Vs Kang Dong Hoon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWGv_bbHlb4&feature=relmfu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWGv_bbHlb4&feature=relmfu

HUNG Tzu-Hsiang Vs SHIONO Masato
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ncHeNUFrxk - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ncHeNUFrxk

Higashi Vs FU En-Ti
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIsKwCydYXI&feature=relmfu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIsKwCydYXI&feature=relmfu

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Posted By: JimT
Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 11:19am
Too bad we cannot see how Timo lost to the young Korean player.

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 11:45am
Lots of exciting match-ups tomorrow, for example:

• M. Maze Vs J. Mizutani

• A. Shibaev Vs K. Niwa

• A. Mattenet Vs C.Y. Chuang

Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 12:04pm
who beat timo?

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by mrdoodzki mrdoodzki wrote:

who beat timo?

http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=28196&Competition_ID=2150&Category=&Competition_ID=&%20 - www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf_full_story1.asp?ID=28196&Competition_ID=2150&Category=&Competition_ID=&
Quote Back from the brink in the opening round, Korea’s 20 year old Jung Young Sik caused the sensation of the whole tournament and one of the biggest upsets of the year, on the evening of Friday 8th June, in the city of Kobe. In the second round of the Men’s Singles event at the GAC GROUP 2012 ITTF World Tour Japan Open, he beat top seed, Germany’s Timo Boll in a spell-binding duel. Jung Young Sik won in seven games (9-11, 12-10, 11-6, 3-11, 17-15, 9-11, 11-7) to record what is certainly the very best win of his young fledgling and undoubtedly exciting career. World Ranking Currently Jung Young Sik stands at no.120 on the Men’s World Rankings. Conversely Timo Boll, who has occupied the top spot, is at no.6; the statistics underline the magnitude of the victory. Downward Trend Furthermore, the win halts what has been a downward trend in recent times; in September 2010 Jung Young Sik stood at no.34 on the Men’s World Rankings; since that time a series of disappointing result has seen him consistently fall down the list. On the third day of play in Kobe he put matters to rights; it was a day that belonged to Jung Young Sik, a day when the crucial points went his way, something that had not been happening for some 18 months. Three Matches He played three matches in the day. In the second round of the Under 21 Men’s Singles event he beat Japan’s Yuto Muramatsu by the very narrowest of seven game margins (5-11, 16-14, 11-9, 11-4, 8-11, 10-12, 12-10); then in the first round of the Men’s Singles event, he recovered from a three games to nil deficit to beat a second Japanese player in the guise of Taku Takakiwa (2-11, 9-11, 8-11, 11-9, 11-6, 11-7, 11-6). Confidence Grew Win a close match and confidence grows; it was never more true than in the case of Jung Young Sik. “He was a little afraid before he played Timo Boll today”, said Kim Taek Soo who had side courtside in the role of coach. “I told him not to worry, just go out there and play; I told him it didn’t matter whether he won or lost.” Relaxed Player Certainly, the advice given by Kim Taek Soo paid dividends; it was a relaxed Jung Young Sik in action. “In the match, Jung Young Sik was able to read the reverse services of Timo Boll and he was able to become involved in the rallies”, added Kim Taek Soo. “The problem playing Timo Boll, and I’ve experienced the problem, is that there is such a lot of spin on his first three attacks; if you can counter topspin those attacks then you have a chance.” Jung Young Sik was able to counter top spin; not only counter top spin but counter top spin with aggression. First Win Over Top Ten Player “I played Timo in 2010 at the Polish Open and lost four-one”, said Jung Young Sik. “Today when it came to the seventh game, it was my third seventh game of the day I felt relaxed; it’s the first time I’ve beaten a top ten ranked player.” It could be the first of many; there is no place for Jung Young Sik in the Korean team for the London 2012 Olympic Games but sure Rio de Janeiro in 2016 beckons?

-------------
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25

Posted By: skip3119
Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 2:10pm

who beat timo?
=============================

Ratings Central Ranking:

Timo Boll:   #4
Jung Young Sik:  #197
---------------------
That's one hack of an upset.

-------------
skip3119

Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 2:20pm
Jung Young Sik is ranked 120 in ITTF rankings

-------------
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25

Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by riker71 riker71 wrote:

==============================

Timo Boll is ranked #6 in ITTF.
A huge upset.

-------------
skip3119

Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

Originally posted by riker71 riker71 wrote:

==============================

Timo Boll is ranked #6 in ITTF.
A huge upset.

Of course, was just pointing out the difference with ITTF and ratings Central - Korean had nothing to lose, as mentioned above has been ranked 34 not so long ago, great win for him and opens the tournament right up for the others

-------------
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 6:25pm
Timo can't even win a competition when there are no Chinese there - doesn't bode well for the Olympics...

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 7:22pm
nah, ma long losing to lee sang su and koki niwa were bigger upsets

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 7:24pm
Jung Young Sik was 0-3 down in his previous round match. I pick Mizutani to win although Maze could cause him problems if he can find some form and the knee holds out

-------------
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25

Posted By: naijachief
Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 7:36pm

I'm not really shocked by Timo's results....you have to play high competition consistently to remain in top form. You cant just show up all of the sudden and expect to dominate. I'm more interested in seeing how Adrien Mattenet and Michael Maze do in the next round.

-------------
who no know go know

Posted By: Mike7381
Date Posted: 06/08/2012 at 10:31pm
   Honestly, I don't think other countries can catch up anytime soon, the main reason that Chinese can dominate for so long is because Chinese government are willing to put lots of money to support this sport, also Chinese people in China loves this sport. As with other countries, their government put money elsewhere and their people have so much to choose from, Table tennis is not really a popular sport in other countries compare to other sports.

Posted By: gnome
Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 1:38am
Disappointed with Koki vs Shibaev.  But I guess that's table tennis sometimes ...
And Maze seems to have lost all confidence in his backhand vs Miuztani.  He just guides the ball with it.

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 1:42am

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 2:06am
I dont know what happened to Koki Niwa but he seemed like he was totally uninterested in playing. Strange...considering he was playing in front of his home crowd......and Michael Maze looking like a character from the movie Balls of Fury....lol

-------------
who no know go know

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 2:10am
Jung Yuk Sik through to last 8 in another 7 setter! Mizutani through in straight games over Maze

-------------
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 2:21am
Ishikawa seems to dominate the under 21 but does not do so well in the women singles events......I wonder why. Top ten player who rarely makes it to the quarter or semi finals.

-------------
who no know go know

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 2:36am
Korea has 4 players in last 8 of mens and womens singles. Good win for Shen Yanfei over Wang Guyue. Looks like Joo v Mizutani in mens semi. Chuan Chih Chuang would be favourite to reach final in other half

-------------
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 3:34am

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 7:39am

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 11:03am
Originally posted by naijachief naijachief wrote:

I dont know what happened to Koki Niwa but he seemed like he was totally uninterested in playing. Strange...considering he was playing in front of his home crowd......and Michael Maze looking like a character from the movie Balls of Fury....lol

niwa never knew what to do

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 11:05am

Posted By: ejmaster
Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 4:01pm
k.Niwa's stroke play dynamics is quite poor. From the beginning Shibaev showed higuer level than Niwa.
Shibaev has power and a very good stroke execution. Niwa is like Ishikawa, a solid blocker and placement game but lack of good stroke and footwork dynamics. I do not like Niwa's game at all.
maybe it has to be with niwa's constitution (short arms) but about that kind of players chuan chi yuan plays with more fire. more body and footwork working together.

At the same time Shibaev has improved. 

-------------
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.

Posted By: pingpongpaddy
Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 4:28pm
Surprise results are to some extent explained by Germans Japanese and Koreans all probabably just back from Heavy training camps with the olympics coming up.
As the the olympics gets closer the periodisation training will lighten, and hopefully all those players will be hot in London

-------------
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max

Posted By: vutiendat1337
Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 5:37pm
i really like what im seeing from Jun Mizutani. He's more aggressive, staying fairly close to table and most importantly, attacking with his BH as well. :OO vutiendat1337 likes it

-------------
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40320&title=feedbackvutiendat1337" rel="nofollow - Feedback me

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

k.Niwa's stroke play dynamics is quite poor.

Thats a very strong statement. A very young top 20 player with a recent incredible victory over the mighty Ma Long. He also was able to take two sets of Ma Long in the China Open a few weeks ago. Its funny how critical us fans can become at times. I wish I had half of Niwa's poor stroke play dynamics. LOL

-------------
who no know go know

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 6:34pm
I think he meant that in the match vs Shibaev Niwa's technique was pretty poor. That is true  - he really played below his level there, I dunno why...

-------------

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 7:16pm

Jim...I was just messing with ej....I knew he didnt mean it overall....Shibaev is pretty good and getting better.....he took down Joo See Hyuk in 5 sets....impressive.

-------------
who no know go know

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 9:27pm
The reason why Ma Long lost to Koki Niwa was Ma Long tried to stay close-to-table with speedy medium paced shots(where Koki was much faster and deceptive). He still did that during the China Open but won due to superior technique. Shibaev knew what tactics to execute against Koki Niwa, hard loops to ensure Koki doesn't get into a rhythm, stay mid-table to allow himself to produce power comfortably, and aim for the angles(Koki has less court coverage).

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 9:40pm

Jim...I was just messing with ej....I knew he didnt mean it overall....Shibaev is pretty good and getting better.....he took down Joo See Hyuk in 5 sets....impressive.

i always felt that shibaev was an uprising star

Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 11:36pm

Oh Sang Eun makes the game look so easy. His blocking game is one of the best all time. Shibaev vs Mitzutani up next.......

-------------
who no know go know

Posted By: assiduous
Date Posted: 06/09/2012 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Avoiding the CNT if you ask me. He always finds time to go when the chinese don't show.

-------------
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Posted By: Jonan
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 12:46am
Damnit...I really wanted Shibaev to win...came back from 3-1 and was leading easily in the 7th game but blew it...Mizutani just scrapes out so many wins he by all means shouldn't get somehow...

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 12:47am
Yeah... after 8-4 Alexander lost 6 in a row. Too bad, i also really wanted him to win, he was darn close!

-------------

Posted By: popperlocker
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 12:57am
What do you guys think of the Chinese commentator? I didn't like him. He was mispronouncing names all day and using lots of broken English. His knowledge of the game was also very limited, he pretty much only stated simple facts. "Gao Ning was originally from China.." I mean anybody state facts or read fact cards. It would have been better to have a pretty girl commentator stating facts instead of him.  

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 1:07am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

Avoiding the CNT if you ask me. He always finds time to go when the chinese don't show.

not my words ,german coach prety close to timo

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 1:24am
Shibaev needed a time out in the 7th but he had already used it. He just rushed the points once up 8-4 and needed to regroup. Good effort nonetheless

-------------
who no know go know

Posted By: konnichwakid1
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 1:27am
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

I would agree with avoiding back injuries. Stay healthy and train just hard enough to be primed and physically fit. 

-------------
Jun Mizutani with Tenergies

Posted By: Imago
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 1:57am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Timo can't even win a competition when there are no Chinese there - doesn't bode well for the Olympics...

My heart is broken...

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 2:44am

Posted By: vutiendat1337
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 3:41am
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

Damnit...I really wanted Shibaev to win...came back from 3-1 and was leading easily in the 7th game but blew it...Mizutani just scrapes out so many wins he by all means shouldn't get somehow...

whats so wrong with him winning? it's not like he lucked out or something, he deserved it.

-------------
bty petr korbel st
fh: donic bluefire red
bh: dawei iqul black
USATT:1811
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40320&title=feedbackvutiendat1337" rel="nofollow - Feedback me

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 4:24am

We have to give a new nickname to Mizutani: The trickster... He has the weakest power in both FH and BH among the top players, but yet manages to outplay his opponents through clever tempo changes and spin variation, along with really deceptive serves and receives...

Heck Waldner in his 40s had so much more FH power than him...

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 4:39am
Oh Sang Eun needs to spin the ball a bit more on his FH and be more patient in rallying with Mizutani... though it's hard coz he's eating Mizutani's serves like candy...

-------------
-------
Viscaria

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 4:54am
take away the chinese and timo boll, mizutani really seems to stand out as the best player in the world

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 6:52am
The shot of the Tournament!

Posted By: vvk1
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 7:10am
That lobbing shot reminds me of Walder in his prime. I don't know why people like to rubbish Mizutani so much for his perceived lack of power, etc. He plays a fairly unique style, and his games are always fun to watch - all these long rallies, shots full of side spin, etc.

Posted By: Vihito
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 8:06am
Very interesting perfomance by Shibaev. It's really sad to see that if he hadn't achieved that result, there wouldn't be any Europeans in the top places, even with the Chinese out.

Posted By: Montag
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 8:21am

What about

Timo Boll vs. Jung Young Sik ?

Cant find any video!

Posted By: amateur
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Montag Montag wrote:

What about

Cant find any video!

The match was played on table 6, which was not a TV table.

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 12:40pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XavCo2DmkJg%20 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XavCo2DmkJg

Thanks, GECA!

-------------

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XavCo2DmkJg%20 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XavCo2DmkJg

Thanks, GECA!

You're welcome JimT,thanks a lot for posting the video!

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 2:23pm

What about

Cant find any video!

adham dont want us to watch, not the first time

Posted By: bravefest
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 2:48pm

take away the chinese and timo boll, mizutani really seems to stand out as the best player in the world

Not really.  Take away the Chinese, and there's 10 players that all had a good shot of winning this tournament - including Boll and JSH who lost early on in this tournament.

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 4:03pm

mizutani played great to ryu,deserved tittle

Posted By: Jonan
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 4:12pm

What about

Cant find any video!

lol, yeaaah~ and he was betting on the match and had it fixed so he could rake in the cash on the long odds and burned the video tapes afterwards. LOL

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Vihito Vihito wrote:

Very interesting perfomance by Shibaev. It's really sad to see that if he hadn't achieved that result, there wouldn't be any Europeans in the top places, even with the Chinese out.

Yeah, he was super close. Unfortunately he didn't have any coaches with him, nor any seconds - everyone has left for Russia already by the semis - he could get some help from someone telling him to play a bit steadier in the 7th. Or perhaps not - Shibaev is known in Russian Superleague for having very cool nerves, he doesn't panic.

I  thought he was done when Mizutani won the 4th (made it 3-1), but Alexander showed he was still not be discounted. When he led 8-4 in the 7th I actually believed he would win this and then the final too; he was playing really good. But... he'll have to wait till the next time I guess.

Hopefully this will give him a top-32 rating which will help in London with the seeding.

-------------

Posted By: ejmaster
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 4:43pm
shibaev and mizutani played very well.

this is the best tournament i have seen for both of them.

being in a similar style of game there is a noticeable difference in the playing level about mizutani and niwa. mizutani moves more consistent and has better strokes. more arm power, more dynamics.

j.mizutani very focused under pressure. with a lot of resources to handle the pressure and the game.  

-------------
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Jonan Jonan wrote:

What about

Cant find any video!

lol, yeaaah~ and he was betting on the match and had it fixed so he could rake in the cash on the long odds and burned the video tapes afterwards. LOL

lol  you must work for the CIA Wink

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 6:51pm

Not really.  Take away the Chinese, and there's 10 players that all had a good shot of winning this tournament - including Boll and JSH who lost early on in this tournament.

there were two occasions i know of where timo and the chinese were absent:

the 2010 pro tour grand finals the 2012 kuwait open

he won both of them.

you have to give it to mizutani. his consistency and placement give everyone (except timo and the chinese) trouble

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 8:06pm
Full match Mizutani vs Shibaev

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izhtC4f3Slg - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izhtC4f3Slg

I hope we will get to see the final here as well...

-------------

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 8:14pm

i always felt that shibaev was an uprising star

Shibaev was by far the revelation of the tournament for me.  I could see signs of what Mituzani was bringing in his last match against Zhang Jike, but Shibaev could definitely threaten Otcharov as the future of European Table Tennis.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 9:23pm
What you guys think about this woman player, Shen Yanfei?

She doesn't move very much, yet she beat Fukuhara Ai (a powerful attacker) and then beat Kim Kyung Ah (a great defensive player) to win women singles title.

(Note:  ITTF/itTV has videos of these two matches.)

-------------
skip3119

Date Posted: 06/10/2012 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

What about

Cant find any video!

The match was played on table 6, which was not a TV table.
===========================

Since China did not enter this event, I think CCTV5 might not be there.  Not much of a chance to see this match video.

-------------
skip3119

Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 9:33am
no vids yet of jun mizutani vs oh sang eun?

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 10:04am
Here's the final:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpwWzTT0nXQ&list=UU-4VgHn0xfM8dR3mODOniPA&index=2&feature=plcp - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpwWzTT0nXQ&list=UU-4VgHn0xfM8dR3mODOniPA&index=2&feature=plcp

Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Here's the final:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpwWzTT0nXQ&list=UU-4VgHn0xfM8dR3mODOniPA&index=2&feature=plcp - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpwWzTT0nXQ&list=UU-4VgHn0xfM8dR3mODOniPA&index=2&feature=plcp

thanks but uhmmmmmmmmmm, couldn't you have in short form or highlighted form?

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Here's the final:

Shorter version is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LXb9EVTJN8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LXb9EVTJN8

-------------

Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 12:26pm

i just said take away the chinese and TIMO BOLL...

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Posted By: LOOPMEISTER
Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 12:44pm

Yep, other than maybe JSH, Mizutani seems to be the next best player after Timo and the top Chinese. Ovtcharov is catching up, though. Dima burned through the Europe Top 12 like they were amateurs.

-------------

Posted By: LOOPMEISTER
Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

shibaev and mizutani played very well.

this is the best tournament i have seen for both of them.

being in a similar style of game there is a noticeable difference in the playing level about mizutani and niwa. mizutani moves more consistent and has better strokes. more arm power, more dynamics.

j.mizutani very focused under pressure. with a lot of resources to handle the pressure and the game.  

I don't find MJ's and Koki Niwa's style any more similar to each other than any 2 other players are similar to each other. Except that they are left handed, offensive (vs. chopper), and Japanese, that's where the similarities end.

-------------

Posted By: ZingyDNA
Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 12:51pm

i just said take away the chinese and TIMO BOLL...

LOL yeah, you're just saying take away the best players in the world, Jun is the best player in the world

Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

Yep, other than maybe JSH, Mizutani seems to be the next best player after Timo and the top Chinese. Ovtcharov is catching up, though. Dima burned through the Europe Top 12 like they were amateurs.

jun bested dima in their last two meetings in a singles event (harmony china open 2011 and austria open 2011), but it was other way around in wtttc 2012 and euro-asia 2012. jun seems to be pretty solid in singles events but suck in team events

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Posted By: AJay
Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 1:31pm
I enjoy watching Shen YF give others a hard time with her specialty style.     Afterall, if I am not mistaken she is the only left handed shakehand FH PIP player at the top level.

After watching the first game in the final, I thought Kim KA would win since Shen's flat hits were not bothering her.    However, Shen started mixing in loops and pushes.

-------------
Avalox P500

Dawei D388-1

TSP Spectol

Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by AJay AJay wrote:

I enjoy watching Shen YF give others a hard time with her specialty style.     Afterall, if I am not mistaken she is the only left handed shakehand FH PIP player at the top level.

After watching the first game in the final, I thought Kim KA would win since Shen's flat hits were not bothering her.    However, Shen started mixing in loops and pushes.
=====================

Shen YF usually takes up the ball very early, right off the bounce - means her reaction time is fast.  She has played in the US once thus has a USATT rating of 2730 - beat a 2706 player but lost to a 2746 player.
=============

Shen, Yan Fei

LA Open TT Tournament 2011 

Rating before tournament: 0 (adjusted to 2724)

Rating after tournament: 2730

Rating change: 2730

http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/PHistory.asp?Pid=73501 - see complete history for Shen, Yan Fei

Event

Results

Score

Rating +/-

Wins
Open-prelim
http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/Tresult.asp?Blow=1&Pid=73400&Tid=4991 - Wei, Lai (2620) http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/PHistory.asp?Pid=73400 - complete history
-9 ,9 ,-9 ,9 ,9 4
Open-quarter
http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/Tresult.asp?Blow=1&Pid=48456&Tid=4991 - Ball, Andreas (2706) http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/PHistory.asp?Pid=48456 - complete history
11 ,4 ,-11 ,10 ,9 7
Open-rr
http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/Tresult.asp?Blow=1&Pid=51226&Tid=4991 - Nguyen, Justin (2364) http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/PHistory.asp?Pid=51226 - complete history
4 ,4 ,8 0
Open-rr
http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/Tresult.asp?Blow=1&Pid=54182&Tid=4991 - Croitoroo, Mark (2334) http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/PHistory.asp?Pid=54182 - complete history
6 ,7 ,6 0
Womens-final
http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/Tresult.asp?Blow=1&Pid=64921&Tid=4991 - Wu, Yue (2555) http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/PHistory.asp?Pid=64921 - complete history
3 ,-7 ,9 ,6 2
Womens-quarter
http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/Tresult.asp?Blow=1&Pid=20852&Tid=4991 - Marrero, Jerica (2329) http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/PHistory.asp?Pid=20852 - complete history
6 ,7 ,4 0
Womens-semis
http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/Tresult.asp?Blow=1&Pid=54784&Tid=4991 - Hazinski, Shu Fu (Sara) (2437) http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/PHistory.asp?Pid=54784 - complete history
8 ,7 ,4 0
Losses
Open-semis
http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/Tresult.asp?Blow=1&Pid=61275&Tid=4991 - Wang, Zhen (Eugene) (2741) http://www.usatt.org/history/rating/History/PHistory.asp?Pid=61275 - complete history
-7 ,4 ,6 ,5 ,1 -7

-------------
skip3119

Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by AJay AJay wrote:

she beat ding ning and feng

Date Posted: 06/11/2012 at 8:37pm
she beat ding ning and feng.
=====================

In what tournament?

-------------
skip3119

Date Posted: 06/14/2012 at 1:45am
when timo got knocked out from the tourni, i had no doubt in my mind jun mizutani would win this

-------------
Blade -- Stiga Clipper

FH -- DHS Hurricane 3

BH -- Japtec Experience

Date Posted: 06/14/2012 at 4:02am
Originally posted by skip3119 skip3119 wrote:

she beat ding ning and feng.
=====================

In what tournament?
mmm  like 18 months ago