Print Page | Close Window

Boosters/Tuners: Your Results!

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=54831
Printed Date: 04/28/2024 at 3:11am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Boosters/Tuners: Your Results!
Posted By: Rich215
Subject: Boosters/Tuners: Your Results!
Date Posted: 11/14/2012 at 12:19pm
In an effort to create a useful info base for effects and results of boosters:

PLEASE DO NOT POST WITH ANYTHING ABOUT RULES, ITTF, CHEATING, TOURNAMENTS, or other such things that are not about actual physical use of a substance on a rubber/sponge  IE, NO DERAILING!

Please post your results of various boosters and tuners on various rubbers/sponges here:

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: AMonteiro
Date Posted: 11/14/2012 at 12:37pm

Using Falco Tempo Booster ( all max rubbers)

- Stiga Boost TC = Fantastic results (2 layers)

- Donic Baracuda = Good result (2 layers)

- Donic Acuda S1 = Good result (2 layers)

- Xiom Omega 4 Asia = Good result (2 layers) but got bubble in 4 days.

- Tibhar Genius = Too mushy with 2 layers, better unboosted or just one light coat

- Cornilleau Target 45° =  Too mushy with 2 layers, better unboosted or one light coat 

- Cornilleau Target 47,5° = Little reaction (2 layers)

- Cornilleau Pilot Advance = Very good result (2 layers)

- Butterfly Tenergy 05 = Fantastic results (1 layer when new / 2 layers on used rubber)

-------------
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR

Posted By: Hans Regenkurt
Date Posted: 11/14/2012 at 2:26pm
My experience shoes that Seamoon makes euro rubbers a bit rigid with two layers, if I compare it to Falco Long Booster with two layers. The latter causes rubbers to be springier and maybe a bit softer, overall better control.

Very good results:

Donic Baracuda max - 2 layers of Haifu Seamoon, however it is even better with Falco

Sigma Pro max - reasonable effect, 2 layers of Seamoon makes it noticeably faster but with two layers of Falco Long it is fantastic

Donic Acuda S2 - 2 layers of Seamoon made it faster but did not fix its grabbing and throw problems, mediocre effect only

Tibhar Aurus 2.1 - 2 layers of Seamoon had a very good effecct but it is still not to my liking. Very good spin though on loops

Joola Phenix regular max - 2 layers of Falco did not help, it made the spin stronger and the control better on blocks but did not enhance the speed so it did not affect the overall performance by much (I tore the rubber when I was taking it off my bat and it is the first rubber in years that I have torn)

Bluefire M3 max - 2 layers of Seamoon had a good effect but did not make up for its softness, now trying it with Falco

RITC 729-08 ES: 4 layers of Seamoon, it curled into a tube. It is about Bluefire M2 in terms of hardness. Good speed but the booster did not fix the throw problem and it is still unusable for me.

Posted By: bayttplayer
Date Posted: 11/14/2012 at 5:45pm

Falco Tempo long Booster on H3, 12 hour each time 4-6 layer, good result (Chinese Rubber basically not playable without boost).

Try the same on calibra LT, but not as much different as chinese rubber. For sure is much better, but those rubber already good enough for me without boost, so I don’t boost them anymore.

-------------
Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 11/14/2012 at 7:02pm
Three coats of Dandoy Bio Boost on T05 2.1 mm, 24 hr in between applications.  Turned it to mush.  I hated it, it no longer had any of the qualities of T05.  I would never do it again.  Later I spoke to a professional player who laughed and said he would never use more than a single light coat, which he allows to dry overnight.

PS.  I put that sheet in a drawer and glued it back 6 months later, and while it was better, it was still not the usual T05.  It did something strange to the topsheet. 

Posted By: TurboZ
Date Posted: 11/14/2012 at 7:49pm
Are the results mentioned above with booster applied to topsheet or sponge or both when new? Or used for a while and remove rubber from blade and applied booster on sponge again? Or just leave rubber on blade and applied to topsheet alone? Sorry for all the questions as I am new to all these.

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=53150&title=feedback-turboz - My Feedback

Posted By: roundrobin
Date Posted: 11/14/2012 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Three coats of Dandoy Bio Boost on T05 2.1 mm, 24 hr in between applications.  Turned it to mush.  I hated it, it no longer had any of the qualities of T05.  I would never do it again.  Later I spoke to a professional player who laughed and said he would never use more than a single light coat, which he allows to dry overnight.

PS.  I put that sheet in a drawer and glued it back 6 months later, and while it was better, it was still not the usual T05.  It did something strange to the topsheet. 

I know at least a few players locally who treat their T05 top sheet with a "secret liquid" from Europe.  It must be one of those available liquids mentioned in this forum.  Their loops are indeed spinnier than those who use regular T05.  Their topsheets are almost tacky to the touch like DHS rubbers.

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 11/14/2012 at 10:28pm
My professional friend played in Europe in a pretty high league.  He is actually a player that some people here would recognize but I am not going to "out" him for boosting.  His secret fluid was Dandoy, but maybe there is something better now.  He never mentioned treating the top sheet, though.

Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 12:24am

Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Are the results mentioned above with booster applied to topsheet or sponge or both when new? Or used for a while and remove rubber from blade and applied booster on sponge again? Or just leave rubber on blade and applied to topsheet alone? Sorry for all the questions as I am new to all these.

My results are on sponge only and when new.. some rubbers I retuned after 2-3 weeks.. I took of the glue layer and aplied the booster on clean sponge..

-------------

Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 4:10am
Tibhar Grip-S Euro: mediocre effect after 4 layers of Seamoon. The sheet was completely devoid of any tuner as it stood in my drawer for 5 months out of the package. Before tuning it was about as fast as a basic 729 sheet. After the layers were applied it became a lot faster, about the speed of a Bluefire S3. The spin did not match Xiom Sigma Pro tuned and there was still some unpredictability in its behaviour.

Posted By: Carryboy
Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 10:00am
Has anyone here retuned Tibhar Q1 and Q5 with the Dandoy's Bio Booster. Was there a positive effect or not???

-------------
Spin Master Carbo Power (Stefan Elsner Custom)
Donic Acuda S1 Max
Donic Acuda P1 Blue Max

Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 10:27am
Originally posted by bayttplayer bayttplayer wrote:

Falco Tempo long Booster on H3, 12 hour each time 4-6 layer, good result (Chinese Rubber basically not playable without boost).

Try the same on calibra LT, but not as much different as chinese rubber. For sure is much better, but those rubber already good enough for me without boost, so I don’t boost them anymore.

i heard that falco is no longer sold

Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 12:12pm
Below are posts taken from the other thread recently that I think will add to this subject.  I have edited them to contain the useful info from their original postings.

Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

anyway ive tried Long boost and seamoon, and long boost works quite fast and is easier to work with. and it seems to have stronger effect than seamoon

Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

Originally posted by Speedplay Speedplay wrote:

I'm curious, don't boosters slowly lose effect, so that you never play with the "same" rubber do to this drop in effect?

Yea, but this happens with vega pro, t05, bluefire as well.

Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

My buddy that has played with S3 used to boost his with baby oil, and it did make a little difference but it didn't last and then it wore out the rubber prematurely...so I just wouldn't advise it.

Originally posted by stefashka stefashka wrote:

My M1 become harder and lost some control because of that in two months. A thin layer of Falco Tempo Long made it play like new. After other two months, I just repeated the routine with a similar result. About $100 saved.  

Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

Back to the original question, which booster should i use...

I tested today Sigma Pro treated with Falco Long Booster and it is a lot better than Seamoon. Although Seamoon definitely has a noticeable effect on the rubber it makes it a bit rigid (i tested with two layers).

I think one needs to put more of it to get the same effect as with Falco.

Falco Long booster seems to be stronger and in contrast to Seamoon, it makes the rubber a bit softer but more springy. It also enhances control.

Originally posted by Anderni Anderni wrote:

I dunno if it's readily available, but there's one called Kai Lin. There's a blog of a Canadian who spent 6 months with a Chinese provincial team, their coach briefed them on boosters and said Kai Lin has a better effect and lasts 2x as long as Dian Chi.  http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=18471&start=210

He says Kai Lin makes 2.15mm rubbers go over max limit, so they use Dian Chi on their DHS forehands and Kai Lin on the thinner sponged Acudas and Tenergies on their backhands.

Originally posted by decoi decoi wrote:

so far from using seamoon vs Falco long boost on the same rubber ( 2 different sheets) . falco seems to have a much more pronounced than seamoon. although the differense isnt great , falco seems to curl the rubber more with less

-------------

Posted By: AndySmith
Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

I ordered a tub of Long Booster this wekk, so it's still out there.  Do you mean it isn't produced any more?

-------------
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.

Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I ordered a tub of Long Booster this wekk, so it's still out there.  Do you mean it isn't produced any more?

please give me the link?? have you tested with chinese rubbers?

Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 12:45pm

Bribar, here in the UK:

http://shop.bribartt.co.uk/falco-tempo-booster-5020.html

Only received it today.  I've got it to try out on my Bluefires (although it remains to be seen if M3 will stand up to having the glue removed from the sponge).  Don't have any chinese stuff to hand, sorry.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 3:01pm
Falco is available, I guess it is just false news.

Joola Phenix 48 - I tried it with 3 different tuners, it does not work at all. It becomes uncontrollable and balls slip off it if you do a full stroke (Sigma Pro works fine with the same technique).

Posted By: bayttplayer
Date Posted: 11/15/2012 at 4:31pm
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I got my from tabletennis11.com.

-------------
Innerforce-ZLC FL + H3 + T80

Date Posted: 11/16/2012 at 6:34pm
I must take back what I said about Rhyzm tuned. I will do more testing but I liked it in today's session.

H3 Neo tuned with 4 layers of Seamoon: extreme spin in attacking shots against offensive players. Speed is almost the same as Bluefire M1. To my astonishement, it was unable to cope with chopped balls. The topsheet is so soft that it was impossible to loop against chop.

Date Posted: 11/16/2012 at 7:05pm
I meant TG3 Neo tuned

Posted By: Roger Stillabower
Date Posted: 11/17/2012 at 6:27pm
I think most Booster's are some type of evaporating oil, like Baby Oil. I recently removed Rakza 7 from a blade and it curled up and shrunk like most Tenser's do. I put several layers of Baby Oil on the sponge and it went flat and grew in size. It now has that jelly like feel to it. I glued it to a MM blade with Haifu water base glue. It plays as good as new if not better. Been doing this for some time now and it has saved me some money. I read where the Bluefire rubber looses some after some time, just like the Tenergy's so I would bet it is some type of evaporating oil that they use.

-------------
Shifter

Posted By: jpb
Date Posted: 11/17/2012 at 6:30pm
I used baby oil by itself once and it did nothing.
makes it softer but that's it.

Posted By: huri
Date Posted: 11/17/2012 at 6:44pm

I must take back what I said about Rhyzm tuned. I will do more testing but I liked it in today's session.

H3 Neo tuned with 4 layers of Seamoon: extreme spin in attacking shots against offensive players. Speed is almost the same as Bluefire M1. To my astonishement, it was unable to cope with chopped balls. The topsheet is so soft that it was impossible to loop against chop.
So you've put 4 layers of seamon to rubber which is pre boosted and according to instructions you have to put only 2 layers and you are astonished that it is too soft ? :D 

-------------
Dhs PG 7 FL, 90g
DHS H3 National 2.15 40°,Dian Chi applied
Tenergy 05 FX 1.9

Date Posted: 11/17/2012 at 7:18pm
@huri: Seamoon is not as strong as it is advertised, the Falco has a different and stronger effect. The TG3 rested in the drawer for 5 months after I opened the wrapping, there cannot have been much of the original tuning

Test result from today:

Rhyzm 48: IT was okay with 3 layers of Falco Long but the likes of Xiom Sigma Pro or BF M1 are better tuned

TG3 Neo commercial: It is good speedwise and the topsheeet was not so soft after all. It is only the commercial version so it is not possible to get more out of it, it still had some inconsistency so the  final conclusion is that it cannot substitute more expensive tensors.

Baracuda with the harder sponge, tuned with 2 layers of Falco Long: extremely good, very good control and very useful rubber

Posted By: GoldenDragoon
Date Posted: 11/17/2012 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by huri huri wrote:

I must take back what I said about Rhyzm tuned. I will do more testing but I liked it in today's session.H3 Neo tuned with 4 layers of Seamoon: extreme spin in attacking shots against offensive players. Speed is almost the same as Bluefire M1. To my astonishement, it was unable to cope with chopped balls. The topsheet is so soft that it was impossible to loop against chop.

So you've put 4 layers of seamon to rubber which is pre boosted and according to instructions you have to put only 2 layers and you are astonished that it is too soft ? :D 

I have used TG3 neo and H3 neo before. The pre boosted effect is not worth talking about, and is hardly worth the extra $. Better to tune it yourself for a decent effect. BTW tuned TG3 or H3 is hardly what you would call "soft".

-------------
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red

Date Posted: 11/25/2012 at 2:49pm
After some minor testing on Mark V and Rakza's with Falco Long Boost:

I used just a single medium layer on Mark V and both Rakza versions in 2.0mm. Mark V has responded more than Rakza soft and regular. 

The set of Mark V red & black that i boosted were slightly domed manufacture.  Something I had not seen yet in any sheets of Yasaka rubbers I have purchased, especially any of the Mark V's.  It was like they had some tension on them or something.   So after I broke them in for a month of light use.....I used these to test the Falco long booster.  

After 24 hours of boosting these Mark V's,  they had just a slight bit of reverse dome and expanded a good bit, Id say about 3-4mm from top handle to tip to give you some idea.  After playing with them on my Extra 3DSC, they felt much more controllable and had more spin as the top sheet seemed to also be slightly softer or have more grip.  They did have the feeling of a bit more dwell too.  Speed difference from untuned to tuned......Was hard to sense but maybe slightly faster as any speed change was not something that stood out as much as the extra grip and dwell factors.

Using the same medium single layer of long booster, I have now boosted full sets of Rakza soft and reg. in 2.0mm red and black each.  The red rubbers of each Rakza version seemed to respond more than their black counter parts.  I found this slightly odd as I was expecting the soft versions (red and black) to respond more than the regular Rakza rubber sponge would.

With that single layer of long booster applied to the Rakza rubbers, the state of "domage" or curl/tension change resulted in the red rubbers to be just slightly reverse domed, and the blacks being still slightly domed.  (Reverse dome to me is when the sponge is on the outside of the curl and dome is when the rubber top is on the outside of the dome).  Please correct me if I am wrong with those 2 terms.

All 4 rubbers were fairly worn as they were my first sheets of Rakza I had ever had, and they are maybe 60-70% life left prior to boosting.  One thing that is very nice for the shrunken hard to glue tensors like this is.......they are not playable and fairly flat for easy gluing!   That alone along with some level of conditioning of a used tensor is a ++ in my book.  So even if you dont need the long boost...just using either to make a tensor "glue-able" again is nice.

I have not played yet with the 4 Razka rubbers, but also they are glued to other blades than what I normally use (Extra 3DSC and Ma Lin SC).   The Rakza's are mounted now to my Galxy E2 -reg Rakza, and Galxy Y-13 with the soft Rakza.   I will report back my thoughts after a few sessions of using each blade.  Im not sure what to expect as the top sheets of Rakza do loose their grip after a month or more of normal play.  I expect the added boost will help dwell for sure, but I will see if it brings back any grip which should be quickly seen in service shots. 

I think the boosting with the Falco Long Booster with just one single medium layer, may have added about 1-2 grams weight to each rubber and not any more if that.

-------------

Posted By: danhs
Date Posted: 11/25/2012 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

With that single layer of long booster applied to the Rakza rubbers, the state of "domage" or curl/tension change resulted in the red rubbers to be just slightly reverse domed, and the blacks being still slightly domed.  (Reverse dome to me is when the sponge is on the outside of the curl and dome is when the rubber top is on the outside of the dome).  Please correct me if I am wrong with those 2 terms.

You have it backward. Domed rubber has the sponge on the outside of the curl.  Back in the SG days the size of the dome was how you could tell if the rubber was glued to your liking. More glue/booster = more dome (and more speed).

Date Posted: 11/25/2012 at 7:20pm
OK...I had domed and reversed domed backwards.....sorry.  

Here is a pic of my Mark V's just prior to application.  They actually came like that and did not change after 2 glue jobs moving from one blade to another in about 5-6 weeks use.  I have had maybe 8 other Yasaka Mark V's regular and AD versions and they were all perfectly flat when new.  The red one had much more reverse dome than the black one...and the red one was about 2 grams heavier uncut. 

So they went from that much reverse dome to just slightly domed. 

-------------

Posted By: Anton Chigurh
Date Posted: 11/25/2012 at 10:58pm
This is TG3 Neo with two coats of Seamoon. The first coat dried but the second coat has not yet dried (in the pic). 

Even with this "small" amount of curl I don't think I'll add more until I get a chance to play it. Honestly, I don't find TG3 Neo to be lacking in speed or spin, but some sheets are inconsistent and I wanted to see if the Seamoon affected the top sheet a bit. 

EDIT: I just removed the sticky plastic from the top sheet (since it was a new sheet) and the dome doubled. LOL Same rubber below after the plastic was removed and the tuner soaked in a bit more--this is only two relatively thin layers of Seamoon:

-------------
Neo H3 40D| Offensive S | Tenergy 80

Date Posted: 11/25/2012 at 11:58pm
The rubber will flatten in about 1 day with seamoon. Then it will play a little more like a tensor with more speed/spin for the same amount of effort.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/26/2012 at 1:55am
I am also compelled to add that I don't think it's a coincidence that Seamoon sounds very close to another word. The colors are obviously not similar, but beyond that Seamoon is some slimy, sticky stuff. 

If I find out some Chinese dudes sold me some dirty baby batter I'm going to be very upset.  Nuke Sick Dead

-------------

Posted By: Stavros
Date Posted: 11/26/2012 at 3:05am
Do you think that Falco Long booster is much better than Falco Tempo booster ?
I see that the first is much more expensive.

-------------
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05

Date Posted: 11/26/2012 at 6:31am
I didn't even know there was more than one version. Mine has both names in its title.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/26/2012 at 6:54am
Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

I didn't even know there was more than one version. Mine has both names in its title.

1. Falco TEMPO booster
2. Falco TEMPO Long booster

So, I suppose yours is the second one.

What's your impression of the booster ?

-------------

Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 1:43am
Ummm... over 24 hours now and the rubber is still curled nearly in half. 

Any idea when it may begin to flatten out a bit so I can glue it?

-------------

Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 2:45am
Around 5 days. They may not be fully flat though.

Maybe you get better control when you put the sheet on when it does not dome anymore.

Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 2:57am

Around 5 days. They may not be fully flat though.

Maybe you get better control when you put the sheet on when it does not dome anymore.

5 days?! Yikes... Thanks for the input.

I only put two applications of Seamoon on two different sheets. I wanted to see if the boosting "evened out" the inconsistencies between DHS top sheets. So far it does feel like it did the job. However, I wasn't anticipating waiting 5 days for the dome to go down. I may try to glue a sheet before then and put it under some text books overnight and hope it sticks.

In the future--assuming I like the outcome--I'll only apply one layer.

-------------

Posted By: Imago
Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 3:32am
What if we boost both the sponge and the topsheet? Would they expand simultaneously without curving? The idea of waiting 5 or 10 days for the dome to disappear negates the meaning of boosting, esp., if the effect lasts 10 or 15 days.

Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 3:41am
Believe it or not, I don't really care about the sponge. I find TG3 Neo to be plenty fast. However, as I mentioned above, the top sheet from sheet to sheet varies. Some are very tacky, some are almost slick. 

I noticed in the past that when I tried tuning and super priming the surface of the top sheet changed too, to a more consistent semi-tackiness that played nicely. I was experimenting with a couple sheets of commercial TG3 Neo (whose top sheets vary in just the way I mentioned) to see if by tuning them their top sheets would even out a bit.

So even if I have to wait 5 days for a sponge effect that only lasts 10 days total, it's still worth it for me if I've found a reliable way to tune the top sheet just how I want it... if that makes sense. 

(Or... I could just stick with my TopENERGY Soft that is consistent and performs very well... but where is the fun in that? Tongue)

-------------

Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 3:47am
Treating the topsheet with baby oil (daily for two weeks) will give you the same effect. Probably you have an old rubber to try with the booster applied topsheetely. Wink One layer should do the trick.

Posted By: strongpong
Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 6:09am
After getting frustrated with the short life span of the factory tuning in Tenergy, I tried to restore the tuning once it wore off.

I first tried Falco Tempo Unlimited which is the long life water based speed glue. One thick thick layer did the trick, it played pretty much as new. However, being a water based product affected the sponge in some way such that once the it wore off, the sponge went very dry and brittle as was as good as dead.

Next I tried the Falco Long Booster. To restore the original tuning of Tenrgy 05 and 64 one thin layer was perfect and it lasted the life of the top sheet (about 5-6 weeks for me). I have tried 2 very thin layers and it is still very good but just starting to get a hint of being soft. I expect 2 thick layers would be too much and make it mushy.

I have tried the Long Booster on Mark V. It did increase the power but didn't add much to the spin making for a very flat trajectory. I think the older rubbers need the VOC's to make them really spin the ball well.

-------------
Blade: Viscaria
Rubber: FH Tenergy 80, BH Tenergy 80

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29285&title=feedback-strongpong" rel="nofollow - Trading Feedback

Posted By: simon_xuan
Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 6:14am
I got an accident when using Paraffin oil to treat my 39 degree H3 pro, it leaked over to half of the topsheet. I thought it was ruined since I saw uneven surface and swollen dots showed up. But somehow they went away most of it in a week and the new "treated" surface appears more suple and lightly tackier than before. I  thought PO and Baby Oil have similar ingredients, but that accident may have some new result than unexpected.

-------------
RPB Rocks!

BTY Innerforce ZLC Cpen | DHS H3N Blue Sponge | Victas V>15 Extra

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695

Posted By: strongpong
Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 6:18am
Originally posted by simon_xuan simon_xuan wrote:

I got an accident when using Paraffin oil to treat my 39 degree H3 pro, it leaked over to half of the topsheet. I thought it was ruined since I saw uneven surface and swollen dots showed up. But somehow they went away most of it in a week and the new "treated" surface appears more suple and lightly tackier than before. I  thought PO and Baby Oil have similar ingredients, but that accident may have some new result than unexpected.

Isn't this how most scientific breakthroughs are made?  LOL

-------------
Blade: Viscaria
Rubber: FH Tenergy 80, BH Tenergy 80

http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29285&title=feedback-strongpong" rel="nofollow - Trading Feedback

Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 7:24am
Baby Oil is at least 60% PO.

Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

1. Falco TEMPO booster
2. Falco TEMPO Long booster
So, I suppose yours is the second one.
What's your impression of the booster ?

I just checked and yes it is Tempo Long Booster.

Compared to seamoon it gives very similar performance however it is less "bouncy". I definatley prefer it to seamoon as you can use more speed in your stroke when you lightly brush balls without the tenergy effect of the ball flying long but I might try using less of both and seeing how it goes.

Both last at full strength (same as when you glue the sheet on) for at least one week.

Best point about Falco though is how loud it makes M3. You almost need earplugs. Best indicator there is for a quality shot (aside from you opponent not getting anywhere near the ball).

-------------

Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

What if we boost both the sponge and the topsheet? Would they expand simultaneously without curving? The idea of waiting 5 or 10 days for the dome to disappear negates the meaning of boosting, esp., if the effect lasts 10 or 15 days.

Imago,  i think it really depends on specific rubber compounds.  I noticed with the long boost that the Mark V topsheet seemed to change and expand more than the Rakza's did.  If a rubber top ply is thicker or has different amount of natural rubber in it....may be why some do not expand as much as the sponge in percentage.  This might be why you see such large domes on the H3's and various other rubbers with thicker top sheets?   

-------------

Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 1:42pm

Best point about Falco though is how loud it makes M3. You almost need earplugs. Best indicator there is for a quality shot (aside from you opponent not getting anywhere near the ball).

Even my 2.0 Mark V's got louder with Falco Long B. 

Also one thing I really like with using the Falco product.....it is very easy to work with.....spreads out nice and smooth and also doesn't smell at all. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 11:16pm
I actually summarized it down that Paraffin Oil (baby oil) is good for Hard sponge (Chinese) tuning, but the softened sponge may lose bounciness over time. That's poor man's Ferrari if I don't want to buy Seamoon. Falco Booster is great for cake-sponge rubbers, maybe some traditional ones as well, but not as effective for ESN High density ones, such is Sinus and Nimbus VIP. Neither is it good for Carbo cake-sponge, such as for XIOM Omega ones. I heard Dandoy is the only effective one for such rubbers. I tried hard to flatten these reverse dome but not successful yet. Maybe that's the end of the life span for these rubbers I can tune or rescue.

-------------
RPB Rocks!

Posted By: swampthing
Date Posted: 11/27/2012 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

I thought that the dome is a desired part of the two major aspects of boosting.  The first being the affect of the booster on the sponge resulting in a better tangential effect and the second is the dome which results in a light tension in the top sheet when glued flat resulting in an increase in speed.  

-------------
Xiom Zetro Quad: FH: Hexer HD, BH: Hexer HD
Galaxy K-4: Tibhar Nimbus Medium, Palio Blitz

Date Posted: 11/28/2012 at 1:36am
Checking in with my progress with Seamoon and TG3 Neo:

TG3 Neo, 39 degrees, with two layers of Haifu Seamoon booster. It curled notably (see my previous pictures) I let it rest for about 30 hours before gluing it. After gluing, I placed the blade under some heavy text books overnight to keep the edges from curling away from the blade too much. It worked.

The next day (today) I played with it. I glued it to my XIOM Offensive S. This is not the blade I normally use, but it is a blade I like a lot and am quite familiar with. The top sheet of the tuned rubber became notably tackier and grippier. The sponge played faster, but only in big shots. It was no bouncier in the short game, which is very nice. It is much spinnier all around. 

Unfortunately, the tuning lowered the throw of the rubber considerably (presumably by making it softer). The untuned TG3 Neo is not as dangerous (i.e., not as fast or as spinny) as the tuned TG3 Neo, but it's actually a bit easier to control and is easier to loop backspin with. 

There were pros and cons (faster, spinnier, and all around more dangerous, BUT lower throw, a little too soft in feel, and more prone to kill shots going long due to increased speed). To me, the cons outweigh the pros at this point. 

I think one way to remedy this is to try boosting a harder sheet (40 or 41 degrees) with slightly less booster. This will hopefully leave it feeling harder and throwing higher, but still provide the excellent spin and speed. 

I may try this in the future but for now I'll stick with my more controllable (but admittedly less dangerous) TopENERGY Soft. 

-------------

Date Posted: 11/28/2012 at 2:10am
Japanese rubbers reacts better on boosters than German rubbers.
Boost TC especially, behaves very well because it doesn't shrink after some weeks, like most rubbers do.

-------------

Posted By: jobaumi
Date Posted: 11/28/2012 at 2:05pm
which rubbers have cake-sponge?

Posted By: jobaumi
Date Posted: 11/28/2012 at 2:07pm

I actually summarized it down that Paraffin Oil (baby oil) is good for Hard sponge (Chinese) tuning, but the softened sponge may lose bounciness over time. That's poor man's Ferrari if I don't want to buy Seamoon. Falco Booster is great for cake-sponge rubbers, maybe some traditional ones as well, but not as effective for ESN High density ones, such is Sinus and Nimbus VIP. Neither is it good for Carbo cake-sponge, such as for XIOM Omega ones. I heard Dandoy is the only effective one for such rubbers. I tried hard to flatten these reverse dome but not successful yet. Maybe that's the end of the life span for these rubbers I can tune or rescue.

which rubbers have cake sponge?

Date Posted: 11/28/2012 at 3:01pm
Anton.....maybe just 1 layer of SM  would of been better on the TG3?    There could be a point of too much chemical addition all at once which causes to drastic of a change.   Almost like the way if you boost Tenergy too much it turns to mush and wont come back.  

-------------

Date Posted: 11/28/2012 at 3:19pm

Anton.....maybe just 1 layer of SM  would of been better on the TG3?    There could be a point of too much chemical addition all at once which causes to drastic of a change.   Almost like the way if you boost Tenergy too much it turns to mush and wont come back.  

That may be the case. I boosted two sheets at once and the second one I haven't glued yet. I'll wait for the booster to evaporate a week or so and see how the rubber plays. Maybe if the effect wears off a bit the play will improve.

If not, I may experiment with another 39D with less booster and a 40 or 41D with slightly less booster.

I'm interested to find something that works because, despite some of the drawbacks, the rubber's play was quite promising. Just need to find that magical recipe. ;)

Also, H3 instead of TG3 might be the answer too. I have a friend visiting China who said he might be able to pick up a couple sheets of national H3 for a reasonable price.

-------------

Date Posted: 11/28/2012 at 5:08pm
H3 should be a better option in every aspect.

Date Posted: 11/28/2012 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by jobaumi jobaumi wrote:

which rubbers have cake sponge?
I nick-named those with pores, such as Tenergy, Acuda S1, Barracuda, etc. Tongue

-------------
RPB Rocks!

Date Posted: 11/28/2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

That may be the case. I boosted two sheets at once and the second one I haven't glued yet. I'll wait for the booster to evaporate a week or so and see how the rubber plays. Maybe if the effect wears off a bit the play will improve.

If not, I may experiment with another 39D with less booster and a 40 or 41D with slightly less booster.

I'm interested to find something that works because, despite some of the drawbacks, the rubber's play was quite promising. Just need to find that magical recipe. ;)

Also, H3 instead of TG3 might be the answer too. I have a friend visiting China who said he might be able to pick up a couple sheets of national H3 for a reasonable price.
I have similar experience that I don't like PO tuned H3 Pro 39 degree, but love the commercial H3 40 degree tuned. I suppose SM is better than PO. I feel the offset effect is the key to determine how you settle at the certain hardness level. If 1 degree less by applying 3 layers works, than that could be a rule of thumb. For those hard hitter and looper with H3, 41 degree may be a better starting point. Somehow, a couple of months down the road, I found the sponge kind of softened out, turn flabby.

-------------
RPB Rocks!

Posted By: danhs
Date Posted: 11/29/2012 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Anton Chigurh Anton Chigurh wrote:

TG3 Neo, 39 degrees, with two layers of Haifu Seamoon booster. It curled notably (see my previous pictures) I let it rest for about 30 hours before gluing it. After gluing, I placed the blade under some heavy text books overnight to keep the edges from curling away from the blade too much. It worked...
Unfortunately, the tuning lowered the throw of the rubber considerably (presumably by making it softer). The untuned TG3 Neo is not as dangerous (i.e., not as fast or as spinny) as the tuned TG3 Neo, but it's actually a bit easier to control and is easier to loop backspin with...
There were pros and cons (faster, spinnier, and all around more dangerous, BUT lower throw, a little too soft in feel, and more prone to kill shots going long due to increased speed). To me, the cons outweigh the pros at this point. 

My experience has been that the negative effects you describe (lowered throw especially), are much less extreme when you let the rubber flatten out before gluing it on. It will still be faster though, that's half the point of boosting in the first placeWink If you boost the rubber multiple times and let it flatten between each application, it ends up like a tensor. Insane speed but you need to loop using the sponge, the topsheet becomes so stretched that it only grips on solid contact. Incidentally, you do realize that the doming and eventual flattening is because the sponge expands much faster than the topsheet right? If you have a previously cut sheet of rubber that you boost and let sit till it flattens, the flat sheet will be quite a bit larger than the blade face. I've boosted sheets so much that after I took them off the blade and let them air out for a few months, they were a half inch too small all the way around! It takes about a month of boosting and waiting in between applications for this much effect though. The increase in speed is ridiculous though. 729 SST on a med speed blade played much faster than T05 on a Primorac carbon. 

Date Posted: 11/30/2012 at 1:19am
Problem solved, for the most part. All I had to do was wait a few days before applying the rubber. This second sheet, though faster and consequently a tad bit harder for me to control, doesn't have the same low throw issues the previous sheet did. It still feels a little bit too soft but nothing too bad. 

I still may try a 40D sheet but I'm very happy with this TG3 Neo/Seamoon combo now. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12/04/2012 at 3:18pm

-------------

Date Posted: 12/04/2012 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Something is happening to the forum Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 12/04/2012 at 3:41pm

Posted By: LaRedoute
Date Posted: 12/05/2012 at 9:16am
i use booster only when i reglue.. to stretch shrinked rubber to its initial shape

Posted By: slevin
Date Posted: 12/05/2012 at 2:37pm
I just used a layer of Dandoy Bio Boost on T05 max and BF M1 2.0.

Both rubbers needed tuning: T05 went from 48g to 43g and M1 went from 48g to 42g!

I got excellent results on both. Ideally, I should use more than 1 layer on this (lower weight) M1 but the rubber already feels fast to me before tuning.

I was especially surprised by its results on the T05. For some reason, I feel control has improved with this layer on. Perhaps non-linearity has reduced a bit (either in throw or catapault).

Date Posted: 12/06/2012 at 9:28am
Falco Tempo Long booster on Boost TC.
First layer on November 27.
Second layer on November 28.
Today, 8 days after the last layer the dome is still there. When the rubber is flat I'll glue it. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 7:43am
Has anyone had a weird experience boosting H3 with Falco? In the past I used Seamoon but recently I have twice tried Falco and the rubber seemed to initially lose performance! Speed and spin are similar to before boosting however the throw angle is very low like a pimple rubber! After a short session with it the rubber seems to "come to life" however TG3 boosted the same way does not have the same problem.

Anyone else experince this strange behaviour?

-------------

Posted By: vic#74
Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 8:06am
I put one coat of Falco Long on 6 month old T05, let it dry for 24 hours and slap it on. It played like 2 years old Sriver. No spin, no throw...good for flat hitting. Have I done smth wrong?  ))   

-------------
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 8:46am
I have no experience boosting either H3 or T05 unfortunately.

I will not be playing at all for 3 weeks but I have the following to add to the topic, more specifically how certain rubbers take oil.

Sanwei A+ takes tuning very badly. It is indicated on its packaging that no oil should touch it whic I did not believe. It seems to be a rather good rubber without tuning and I have some photos of it. If anyone is interested, I can post a review in January. It tried get it absorbing Falco Long but it does not really seem to hold it.

Sword Nano and Paladin: I put two layers of Seamoon on them and within just 10 hours they absorbed it almost completely. They dome extremely.

Acuda S1: it takes Falco Long very well.

I have not tried any of the above yet and as I said, I only will be able to do so in January.

Posted By: spin_whisperer
Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 10:35am
I bought some falco tempo booster and life expander bundle. Slapped on 2 coats of booster to some old rubbers..they curled up real nice but I'm waiting for them to go back down. It's been like 4 or 5 days now. They have gone down a little bit but not flat enough to glue..how long does it take for rubbers to go flat after 2 coats of falco tempo booster?

-------------
Equipment
H3 Provincial\Timo Boll Spirit ST/Sigma Europe

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 11:58am
spin_whisper.......what rubber did you boost?  It all depends on the composition of the sponge.  I have seen different results of the Falco LB on 3 different rubbers I have tried it on.   ESN rubbers seem to respond well and also Mark V sponge. 

I friend told me he gets good results on Tenergy sponge using the Tibhar boosters, which I think are close to the same as the Dandoy or TRF boosters.  I think two of these are made by the same place if I recall. 

Seems with some reports, certain boosters work better for different rubbers.  It all has to do with chemical make up and types of sponge.   

-------------

Posted By: spin_whisperer
Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 1:01pm
Oh ok..that makes sense. I boosted a few lol!. H3 neo, Bluefire M1 and M2, T64, Red Diamond, Venus 2, Hammond Pro Beta, I think that's it. I just wanted to experiment for fun and make some of the rubbers bigger because a few shrunk during use.

-------------
Equipment
H3 Provincial\Timo Boll Spirit ST/Sigma Europe

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 2:03pm
Falco almost have no results on XIOM carbo sponge and Nibus VIP sponge, neither did baby oil, Tibhar clean tune or Paraffin oil. I am yet to try Dandoy

-------------
RPB Rocks!

Posted By: bibigon
Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

I put one coat of Falco Long on 6 month old T05, let it dry for 24 hours and slap it on. It played like 2 years old Sriver. No spin, no throw...good for flat hitting. Have I done smth wrong?  ))

I think you have to wait for 3 days at least after boosting. I had nice experience with T05 and TRF or Dianchi (the later yield better results). I didn't try to use T05 sooner than 5 days after boosting but tested some other rubbers next day after and never like the results.

-------------
Viscaria light; BH: Baracuda 2.0; FH: H3NP 38° black

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by bibigon bibigon wrote:

I think you have to wait for 3 days at least after boosting. I had nice experience with T05 and TRF or Dianchi (the later yield better results). I didn't try to use T05 sooner than 5 days after boosting but tested some other rubbers next day after and never like the results.
Thnx, on Friday I'll check if the things will be better...right 5 days after boosting :)

-------------
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Date Posted: 12/12/2012 at 3:11pm

Falco almost have no results on XIOM carbo sponge and Nibus VIP sponge, neither did baby oil, Tibhar clean tune or Paraffin oil. I am yet to try Dandoy

I had good experience with Omega 4 Asia and Falco Tempo Booster.

I put just one thick layer, let it overnight and next morning it was ready to glue. The performance was great but durability was a disaster.. Bubble in 4 days..

-------------

Date Posted: 12/13/2012 at 5:38am

Has anyone had a weird experience boosting H3 with Falco? In the past I used Seamoon but recently I have twice tried Falco and the rubber seemed to initially lose performance! Speed and spin are similar to before boosting however the throw angle is very low like a pimple rubber! After a short session with it the rubber seems to "come to life" however TG3 boosted the same way does not have the same problem.

Anyone else experince this strange behaviour?

Ok worked it out... H3 has a much much higher throw when wiped down with sweat instead of.cleaner..... Go figure....

-------------

Date Posted: 12/13/2012 at 9:11am
Boost TC with Falco tempo Long booster performs like a dream !

-------------

Date Posted: 12/13/2012 at 9:18am
Agree. It was the best rubber for tuning purposes..

-------------

Date Posted: 12/13/2012 at 10:44am
I played for 3 hours last night at my club.......WOW   My worn out Rakza soft max black (maybe 60%) with 2 layers of Falco long boost.......WAS AWESOME!  Using it on my FH with my soft carbon extra blade. 

I was also using a red sheet of the R7 soft max with only 1 layer on it BH side....but it did not work as well because the throw was too high.  I think a 2.0 regular R7 will work better for me there. I will have to try that combo next week.   Normally I use same rubbers both sides as I am BH dominant and loop both sides.  But the softer and single layer tuned R7 soft caused a higher than normal throw and I had problems adjusting to it.

As I have mentioned when I first use the Falco LB.....it caused the top sheets of my various degrees of worn Rakza rubbers to become much more grippy.  They are still dull in texture and not like the new glossy clear sheen you get.....but the grip was outstanding now as the topsheet also gets softened up with the booster.  The top sheet composition of R7 seems to respond well to the F-LB.....as well as the sponge. 

-------------

Date Posted: 12/18/2012 at 12:44am
Still no resuts from T05 +Falco long...it got harder(!), faster, less spinny, very good for flat game...it's actually not what I expected to gain. Should I apply on more coat?

-------------
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Date Posted: 12/18/2012 at 1:27am
Maybe the top sheet rubber needs to be tuned as well since it dried out. Try Olive oil, light thin layer and wipe clean with wet paper towel after 15 minutes. 

-------------
RPB Rocks!

Date Posted: 12/19/2012 at 3:04am
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ...Bryce Hard +Falco  - that's a real stufffffff! Precision, feel, speed, grab...wow! -)) Still to discover how long does effect stay on rubber though.

-------------
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Posted By: TTFrenzy
Date Posted: 12/20/2012 at 10:33am

Maybe the top sheet rubber needs to be tuned as well since it dried out. Try Olive oil, light thin layer and wipe clean with wet paper towel after 15 minutes. 

boosters expand the sponge thus creating air cells throught it ... there is no way that the rubber got harder only softer... When did you realize (how many days or hours after laying the booster) that it got "harder?" Maybe the boost effect has completely gone after 2-3 weeks and the rubber got back into normal size , thus creating the impression of a "harder" rubber .

-------------
http://www.tabletennismaster.com/profiles/blog/list?user=28q3ehyh2hm9o" rel="nofollow - my TT blog!

Join & follow my TT blog ! Mental and Physi

Posted By: beeray1
Date Posted: 12/21/2012 at 11:46pm
overall I'm still incredibly happy with Seamoon. Used it on nothing but Hurricane 3 though, but it's really quite nice. I think it's best to only RE-tune the NEO, but if you have a non-neo than tuning it right away is gonna be what's up. 

Posted By: dingyibvs
Date Posted: 12/22/2012 at 12:14am

Thnx, on Friday I'll check if the things will be better...right 5 days after boosting :)

Lol...24 hours....  You need to wait at least a week for 1 layer, and 2 weeks for 2 layers.  I've tried it after a week and half with 2 layers and it played like a dead rubber.  You gotta be patient when using the Falco long.

With that said, I didn't really notice a boost on T64 or Acuda S2, maybe I just wasn't that used to those rubbers to begin with.

-------------
Blade: Hurricane Long 5 (968) FL
FH: D09C max
BH: D09C max

Date Posted: 12/22/2012 at 3:04am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

overall I'm still incredibly happy with Seamoon. Used it on nothing but Hurricane 3 though, but it's really quite nice. I think it's best to only RE-tune the NEO, but if you have a non-neo than tuning it right away is gonna be what's up. 

I'm in full agreement. 

I've found I enjoy rubbers harder than 39 degrees (40 and up) but that is probably personal taste. Irrespective of preferences, there is no doubt that Seamoon does what it's supposed to do. 

It makes top sheets suppler and sponges livelier, ultimately resulting in a more enjoyable playing experience--especially in terms of feel. Good stuff and easily worth the money.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/22/2012 at 8:47am
Originally posted by dingyibvs dingyibvs wrote:

Lol...24 hours....  You need to wait at least a week for 1 layer, and 2 weeks for 2 layers.  I've tried it after a week and half with 2 layers and it played like a dead rubber.  You gotta be patient when using the Falco long.

With that said, I didn't really notice a boost on T64 or Acuda S2, maybe I just wasn't that used to those rubbers to begin with.

On the Bryce Hard effect was obvious on the next day. I like it. It  is much better than T05 for blocking hitting and quite good in looping and lifting underspin. No crazy spin of fresh T05 but gameplay and match results are actually better.  I'll look forward how it goes. Tomorrow I'll have city leagues. Hope to do good job there. Smile ( Not good job really. With two layers Bryce is two fast for nervous player... many shots  were thrown right into the trashbox..but it's not the case with Bryce...my mind is loaded with things that are far from TT, my legs are weak now, so Bryce +Falco are really good I believe and if the effect will hold for at least 2 weeks I'll stay with them for some time)

-------------
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S

Posted By: chinoxcuevas
Date Posted: 04/11/2013 at 4:17pm
Falco Tempo or Seamoon booster for a T05 & Donic BF M2? and how many layers for those rubbers new vs used?.

Thanks...

Date Posted: 04/11/2013 at 5:52pm
Falco on T05, just one layer when new or used.

-------------

Posted By: osmar92
Date Posted: 04/11/2013 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by spin_whisperer spin_whisperer wrote:

Oh ok..that makes sense. I boosted a few lol!. H3 neo, Bluefire M1 and M2, T64, Red Diamond, Venus 2, Hammond Pro Beta, I think that's it. I just wanted to experiment for fun and make some of the rubbers bigger because a few shrunk during use.

How is M1 responded and what did you use?
thx

Posted By: osmar92
Date Posted: 04/11/2013 at 6:23pm
Spoke with someone who is elite player he told me that almost every top player uses booster.So if they do it then anyone may do it :)

Posted By: chinoxcuevas
Date Posted: 04/11/2013 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

and for donic bluefire m2? 

Date Posted: 04/11/2013 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by chinoxcuevas chinoxcuevas wrote:

Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

and for donic bluefire m2? 

Never tried this rubber.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/11/2013 at 11:10pm
Works well too. 2 layers with a good dome

-------------
RPB Rocks!

Date Posted: 02/10/2014 at 7:26am
Hey all.

Got myself some cheapy sheets of commercial H3Neo, so I thought I'd experiment a little. I have one 2.15mm 40deg, and one 2.0mm 39deg. Both had 2 coats of Falco Long - 1st coat, wait 24 hours, 2nd coat. Today is day 3.

The dome on the 40deg one is massive. The sponge doesn't seem to have softened too much, but it is noticeable.

The dome on the 39deg one is limp and flaccid in comparison. The sponge has become extremely soft.

It's early days, but the 2.0mm 39deg sheet isn't looking too good...

-------------

Date Posted: 02/10/2014 at 8:03am

Hey all.

Got myself some cheapy sheets of commercial H3Neo, so I thought I'd experiment a little. I have one 2.15mm 40deg, and one 2.0mm 39deg. Both had 2 coats of Falco Long - 1st coat, wait 24 hours, 2nd coat. Today is day 3.

The dome on the 40deg one is massive. The sponge doesn't seem to have softened too much, but it is noticeable.

The dome on the 39deg one is limp and flaccid in comparison. The sponge has become extremely soft.

It's early days, but the 2.0mm 39deg sheet isn't looking too good...

I have also tuned a H3 Neo 39 deg commercial 2.15mm with Falco but I have not got round to testing it extensively yet. I am looking forward to your findings.

On another note but loosely related to tuning or the lack of it. My intention is not to start a flamewar only to share my experiences...

So I managed to have a hit with a pro T05 2.1 and BF M2 max this weekend. Sadly / shockingly, although their feel is similar, the brand new BF was nowhere near the speed of the T05. On fast loops, the T05 produced a like 30-40% faster ball, carrying extremely good spin. I did not have to hold myself back with the strokes I used. The curve was awesome. It made all rubbers I have previously tried look like a toy - what a shame on other manufacturers that they have not managed to come up with a rubber that can achieve this. And according to the bloke who owns that T05 it was not tuned.

My regular practice partner looped at me with it and his loops were noticeably faster and more dangerous although he does not have a really hefty FH loop stroke. He uses BF JP01 on both sides.

After this experience I no longer see a point in buying ESN rubbers as long as they do not raise their standard. Currently they still have some catching up to do.

Date Posted: 02/10/2014 at 9:03am
Hmmm, well. It's a bit OT, but...

"Pro" status aside, I still think T05 is the best rubber available for a certain style of play, even after all these years. I don't use it because:

Expensive.
Initial "wow" factor from new disappears after a few weeks.
Mighty loop/counter winners, but many mistakes in short game/blocks.

ESN have gone in a different direction recently. I find most of their stuff these days to be incredibly easy to use, and durable too. In the absence of any time to train and adapt to T05 properly, I prefer ESN because I can get on and play at a reasonable standard. And I can get my rubber setup for half the price of a pair of T05s (without going all round the houses to get around Butterfly's shipping restrictions).

This is just a personal opinion, of course, and won't apply to everyone. Get to a high enough level, and T05 is probably more suited to most players' games.

That said, I'm still interested in trying 80-fx when it comes out. Just, you know, because.

-------------

Date Posted: 02/10/2014 at 9:13am
Back OT:

Here are the rubbers after 24 hours:

And here after 48 hours:

The dome on the 39deg one looks better in the second image, but it's actually pretty lame and floppy in real life. The 40deg one is firm, and could do some real damage if you smacked a vicar in the face with it, Monty Python style.

-------------

Posted By: LUCKYLOOP
Date Posted: 02/10/2014 at 9:24am

Any problems with the rubber staying glued to the blade with all that arc ?

-------------
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net