Print Page | Close Window

Absolutely surprised with Clipper CR

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58777
Printed Date: 05/02/2024 at 5:44am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Absolutely surprised with Clipper CR
Posted By: jonyer1980
Subject: Absolutely surprised with Clipper CR
Date Posted: 03/19/2013 at 6:58pm
I´ve purchased a Clipper CR because of my freaking impulse- EJ fever to buy everything it´s cheap or on sale. I´m not the typical EJ that tries blades and rubbers all day long, just only during summertime or when we quit season or stop it for some weeks, so i use to play always with my same setup.... in fact, I´ve been playing with my acoustics for years.... discarding all sort of Viscarias, Violins TBS, ALC, Maze, Darker Speed 90 and so....

So, a friend of mine got it brand new on a local retailer at 32 euro at clearance sales..... i always wanted to try Clipper since the great reviews here&there, but honesty, I´ve never expected it was going to be that good!!

Compared to my light trusty Acoustic (79gr)  feels bit  heavier(87gr)  but much better balance, legend handles feels really comfy and definetely grips better , much better that lame thin slippery ST acoustic handle.  On the other hand,  control on short game is just same as acoustic but way much powerful and solid on heavy tospins or driving.  Blocking is also a breeze and due to its stiffness, ball throw is much lower and linear and safer than Acoustic.
Shamefuly, craftmanship is not par with its unbelieable feeling so if you´re a little bit picky you´ll better sand off those sharp edges and that rough handle. For me it´s fine,  but i can understand players that can sand it off at the shapr neck area.  

To sum up: 

I have wasted more that 150 euro on my premium-unique-light-as-a-feather Acoustic and always thought it was the better blade ever........ and then i bought a clearance cheap stiga blade for  just 5-6 times cheaper, then realize it even fits better to my game Ouch

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing

Replies:
Posted By: beeray1
Date Posted: 03/19/2013 at 7:05pm
I've been playing with Clipper for about 3-4 years. Every time I try another blade for a spell, and really think I like it and get used to it, I somehow always come crawling back to a Clipper. There's just something about it that's so perfect. I dunno. I've had Acoustic, various Xiom blades, Korbel, etc. etc.... but what am I back to using again? Clipper.

Posted By: JohnnyChop
Date Posted: 03/19/2013 at 10:06pm
is it just me or does the clipper have really high throw?

-------------
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max

Posted By: peter79
Date Posted: 03/19/2013 at 10:14pm
After you tried Clipper CR for a while, you may upgrade to Clipper CC, it's just like a tuned Clipper CR Wink

-------------
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Posted By: assiduous
Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 12:20am
i need to get a clipper wood these days

-------------
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Posted By: liulin04
Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 12:29am
@ Jonyer, did you buy the Clipper CR WRB or Non-WRB version?

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35056&PN=14&title=feedback-liulin04" rel="nofollow - My Feedbacks

Posted By: speedy
Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 12:31am
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

It's all relative.  However, I am with you on this one.

-------------
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)

Posted By: Mickael
Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 2:40am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

After you tried Clipper CR for a while, you may upgrade to Clipper CC, it's just like a tuned Clipper CR Wink

You always played a viscaria, how does clipper cc compare to it? I have one on the way from Europe. Thank you in advance.

-------------
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH

Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 2:49am
Its the regular CR no hollow handle.

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing

Posted By: bluebucket
Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 2:49am
Acoustic isn't that good a blade, surprised it took you so long to improve on it

Posted By: Imago
Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 3:25am
I am really and pleasantly surprised to find out that the new clippers CR are so amazingly light; my last Legend was only 82 g.

BTW, there is no non-WRB Clipper CR in the Stiga catalog...

Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 3:43am
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

You always played a viscaria, how does clipper cc compare to it? I have one on the way from Europe. Thank you in advance.

The reason that I try Clipper CC:

There's Singaporean member name Kai, We met and play in Jakarta last year. He represented National  University of Singapore when there's table tennis competition. He is as tall as me but much more muscular.
He use Clipper CC with H3 Neo provincial and Tenergy 05 on backhand, I was using Viscaria with H3 National and T64.

His loop is so much power and very spiny, even though I blocked with Viscaria with very little vibration, I can feel my hand shaking when I block his loop during warm up play.

At that time I also have Clipper CR, but I don't use it, Viscaria is my favorite blade.
If playing with H3 boosted, then Viscaria is ok, but if only waterbased glue, it's not fast enough.

Then I use Clipper CR with rubber cement on H3, it's much faster than Waterbased glue. I found more powerful dan Viscaria.

Now I with 30% more power than Clipper CR, the Clipper CC is powerful enough with H3 even with rubber cement.

I saw the comment in paddle palace, from pingpong god David Yu, who is also the member of mytt, he said clipper cr is the best stiga blade so far, before I try it, I found the comment is a bit over hyped, but now I may have same opinion as him.

compared to Viscaria, Viscaria has higher throw, slower, creates higher arc when looping. Clipper CC produce a flatter arc with more kick. If H3 is boosted and sticked to Viscaria, then it will also has a nice kick, but the arc is not as flat as Clipper series.

-------------
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Posted By: liulin04
Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 4:36am
after reading all the rave reviews of the clipper CR non-WRB.  I just ordered one myself thanks to Peter79's suggestion of the Chinese version of the Clipper CR.  I can't wait till it arrives, thanks!

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35056&PN=14&title=feedback-liulin04" rel="nofollow - My Feedbacks

Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 4:39am

Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

The reason that I try Clipper CC:

There's Singaporean member name Kai, We met and play in Jakarta last year. He represented National  University of Singapore when there's table tennis competition. He is as tall as me but much more muscular.
He use Clipper CC with H3 Neo provincial and Tenergy 05 on backhand, I was using Viscaria with H3 National and T64.

His loop is so much power and very spiny, even though I blocked with Viscaria with very little vibration, I can feel my hand shaking when I block his loop during warm up play.

At that time I also have Clipper CR, but I don't use it, Viscaria is my favorite blade.
If playing with H3 boosted, then Viscaria is ok, but if only waterbased glue, it's not fast enough.

Then I use Clipper CR with rubber cement on H3, it's much faster than Waterbased glue. I found more powerful dan Viscaria.

Now I with 30% more power than Clipper CR, the Clipper CC is powerful enough with H3 even with rubber cement.

I saw the comment in paddle palace, from pingpong god David Yu, who is also the member of mytt, he said clipper cr is the best stiga blade so far, before I try it, I found the comment is a bit over hyped, but now I may have same opion as him.

compared to Viscaria, Viscaria has higher throw, slower, creates higher arc when looping. Clipper CC produce a flatter arc with more kick. If H3 is boosted and sticked to Viscaria, then it will also has a nice kick, but the arc is not as flat as Clipper series.

I haven't seen or heard from David Yu in a very long time. I'm pretty sure him trying My Clipper CR with no WRB is what made him try it. That guy buys thousands of dollars worth of stuff at a time, so it was nothing to him. He pops up in the Iowa City club once in a great while. Think he's from florida? Anyone heard from him lately? (sorry to go off topic) 

Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 4:40am
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

after reading all the rave reviews of the clipper CR non-WRB.  I just ordered one myself thanks to Peter79's suggestion of the Chinese version of the Clipper CR.  I can't wait till it arrives, thanks!

Where did you order it from? I've been meaning to get a solid handle version for a while. My original one I traded off for the Acoustic I sold a while back lol, and now I miss it. 

Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 5:33am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Where did you order it from? I've been meaning to get a solid handle version for a while. My original one I traded off for the Acoustic I sold a while back lol, and now I miss it. 

You may visit buychina.com (taobao agent) and search for Clipper CR, find the one that has hologram sticker, the price is more expensive than tao bao, but it's impossible to buy from taobao from outside China.

http://www.buychina.com/products?keyword=clipper+cr&cid=

-------------
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 5:40am
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I haven't seen or heard from David Yu in a very long time. I'm pretty sure him trying My Clipper CR with no WRB is what made him try it. That guy buys thousands of dollars worth of stuff at a time, so it was nothing to him. He pops up in the Iowa City club once in a great while. Think he's from florida? Anyone heard from him lately? (sorry to go off topic) 

So both of you have met? Yes I'm shocked on FS section that He want to sell his butterfly 60 anniversary blades for 3000 usd all of them LOL

-------------
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Posted By: Olio
Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 10:06am
maybe not in the catalogue anymore, but my team mate has one. So they exist.

Posted By: LoopsALot
Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 10:51am
What is the optimum weight for a Clipper CR WRB? Is under-85grams ok?

-------------
729 6030L $18
DHS TG3 NEO $17
Gambler Outlaw $14
USATT 1640

Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 2:04pm
Mine is 84g :) 

Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 3:20pm
I got it in Spain, if you´re still interested on it i can send you MP my local supplier Wink

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Posted By: Ray
Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 3:33pm
Your Clipper CR non-WRB really has Legend handle? Send me PM about your supplier.

-------------
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
https://fb.me/spinnier" rel="nofollow - fb.me/spinnier

Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 4:21pm

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/20130307144323.jpg/">

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Date Posted: 03/20/2013 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/20130307144323.jpg/">

Your's is not the current version of Clipper CR, the current Clipper CR has smaller letter near the wing. The CR coating is much thicker than your current CR. Your CR has more dwell but it's slower and softer. The current Clipper CR is harder and faster than older version. Try them both Wink

-------------
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Date Posted: 03/21/2013 at 3:59am
I WANT YOUR CLIPPER. 

Posted By: Thomasson
Date Posted: 03/21/2013 at 4:24am
Nice clipper, but im more interested in the cookies.. :$

-------------
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7

Posted By: DrBacterius
Date Posted: 03/21/2013 at 5:11am
Hi Joyner!!!!Wink

Finally I'm here. Tonight will follow the post with more CR photos!! And Ludeack photos...Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 03/22/2013 at 2:50pm
Sorry for the delay.

Here are some photos of my Clipper CR Master and Ludeack. Same wood composition, few differences.

Date Posted: 03/22/2013 at 2:53pm
Ludeack vs Clipper:

Date Posted: 03/22/2013 at 2:58pm
I miss my ludeack.......... 

Posted By: seguso
Date Posted: 03/23/2013 at 4:14am
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

Clipper wood has really high throw. Clipper CR is harder, a bit lower.

-------------
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - https://youtu.be/dBMqj0CN7XU" rel="nofollow - 2015 video

Date Posted: 03/26/2013 at 3:44pm
Finally!,

I got my Adelie. I'm happy to see that wheights 85 gr. quite good for me. I love Clipper CR but I hate Stiga for their UV Varnish. It's not varnish, it's rubbish. Impossible to glue any kind of rubber before sand. Why is needed to sand a new blade? Stiga is actually making the same maistake with blades over 100$. I cannot understand it.

Here are my blades:

Date Posted: 03/26/2013 at 3:45pm
And the rest:

Posted By: lilactime031
Date Posted: 04/09/2013 at 6:52pm
I tried some months ago a Chinese Clipper CR.
It was very similar with the Swedish made.

-------------
e-pingpongshop

Date Posted: 05/03/2013 at 2:43pm
Unfortunately, everything isn´t nice on clipper CR. It´s one of the most dissapointing craftmanship ever noticed in a TT blade. Mine suffers of an uneven glued.  Outers plys are porly glued, specially the outer of 0.5mm, so when you try to peel it for the rubber from the blade you´ll tear off the hole layer- ply  for sure. AngryAngry

I would like to know if it´s just a matter of a crappy typical Stiga QC´S or i got a bad batch. My friends complains just about the same thing on his C-CR Ouch.

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Posted By: khmd
Date Posted: 05/03/2013 at 2:55pm
stiga's QC is not very good.

using VOC free, there is no problem at all to glue.

Date Posted: 05/03/2013 at 3:49pm
I absolutely agree.

In my case, the problem is with the outer plies. I'm not sure if the problem is with high density glues like DHS 15 but if you take the 'original' version of Clipper CR it's nearly impossible to glue. In one day trainning the rubbers are unstucked. So, recommended to sand (recommended by the seller!!!!, incredible). In that case, the outer plies suffer a lot and when you take off the rubber it's very easy to damage the outer ply. In my case, there is a part of the ply absolutely off (there's no ply in that zone) and the second ply is nearly damaged...Angry

Stiga is one of the legendary manufacturer of table tennis blades. It's difficult to understand stuff like this. And Clipper familiy is not expansive... I don't want to think about having the same problems with over 75$ blades... Disapprove

-------------
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65875&title=feedback-drbacterius" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 05/03/2013 at 3:54pm
if you sand, i guess that you need to seal it before gluing.

i used DHS 15 and have no problem to glue CR, E7 and E5.

Date Posted: 05/03/2013 at 4:13pm
Hard to believe your afirmation with the combination CR/DHS 15.

How do you do it? I tried it several times before sanding, with different amounts of glue and the result was always the same... rubbers unstucked! T05fx in that case.

Help!.

-------------
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65875&title=feedback-drbacterius" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 05/03/2013 at 4:58pm
http://imageshack.us/photo/photo/835/20130503195641.jpg/

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Date Posted: 05/03/2013 at 5:08pm
it depends on the glue, guys. it is difficult to glue with latex (copydex etc) on CR blades and on poly sealed blades. For that, you'll have to use some expensive glue like free chack. But then you'll never be able to detach it from the rubber.

-------------

Date Posted: 05/03/2013 at 5:09pm
one layer in blade and one layer in rubber, wait
close to one hour, then use several big heavy
books above for about 3 hours.

Date Posted: 05/03/2013 at 5:33pm
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/20130503195619.jpg/">

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/20130503195624.jpg/">

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Date Posted: 05/03/2013 at 5:36pm
I´m using DIANCHI free of VOC. It´s got a strong bond effect, but its still weaker than any old VOC. 

-------------
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Posted By: GSOM_GSOM11
Date Posted: 05/04/2013 at 11:58am
What should I put on a Clipper on BH for confident looping, if I find T64 a little too springy and uncontrollable? It`s OK if I go for a loopkill, but I need just a little more dwell for controlled looping to stay in a rally.

Posted By: roger_rabbit
Date Posted: 05/04/2013 at 4:42pm
Hi, I've also got the same problem with the VOC Free Glue(TM, Copydex, DianChi, etc)

The solution is:
1st put 1 layer glue on the blade, wait until dry.
2nd put onother layer on the blade and 1 layer to the rubber, wait until both dry and attach.
3rd put some heavy books for at least 1 hour.

Hope this help.

-------------
Main: Boll ALC FL 93g, FH: H3 Prov 39d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Spare: Boll Spirit AN black Tag 90g, FH: H3N Prov. 40d bl. BH: T80 1.9 red

Date Posted: 05/04/2013 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

What should I put on a Clipper on BH for confident looping,

clipper cr or wood?

clipper CR works great with bluefire m3 (max or 2.0). clipper wood works great with sigma europe (max or 2.0).

(this is for backhand.)

-------------

Posted By: GSOM_GSOM11
Date Posted: 05/04/2013 at 6:06pm
Thanx... And what about smth non-Tensor?
is Sriver G3 suitable as a more controlled substitute for 64?

Posted By: yogi_bear
Date Posted: 05/05/2013 at 2:13am

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/195/20130503195619.jpg/">

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/827/20130503195624.jpg/">

looks like your 2nd layer of wood has some sort of separation 

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Posted By: caballero
Date Posted: 05/05/2013 at 10:50pm

Unfortunately, everything isn´t nice on clipper CR. It´s one of the most dissapointing craftmanship ever noticed in a TT blade. 

Unfortunately, I have to agree. That's why I sold mine. I did not even played with it because I noticed what you say. 

-------------
Hurray for independent blade-makers:

Leidy's Rapscallion
Charlie's 1Ply & 9-10-9
American Hinoki's WRC Quantum 3-ply

http://bit.ly/18dm3Vk" rel="nofollow - Feedback Caballero

Date Posted: 05/06/2013 at 12:56am
jonyer your picture matches up exactly with what mine is doing. Maybe stiga should owe us a refund? 

Posted By: Ray
Date Posted: 03/29/2015 at 5:14am
It seems that Tabletennis11.com has Clipper CR non-WRB in assortment for 50eur:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/stiga-clipper-cr" rel="nofollow - http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/stiga-clipper-cr

May TT11 representative confirm this?

At the moment available handle shapes are Legend FL, ST and Conic. According the photos provided, there are small red Clipper CR letters and no Patent Pending on the head, so it has to be the new thick version of the blade. Nevertheless, if true, this will be a great news for many interested in this limitedly available non-WRB version.

-------------
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
https://fb.me/spinnier" rel="nofollow - fb.me/spinnier

Posted By: TonyL
Date Posted: 03/29/2015 at 5:26am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

It seems that Tabletennis11.com has Clipper CR non-WRB in assortment for 50eur:

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/stiga-clipper-cr" rel="nofollow - http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/stiga-clipper-cr

May TT11 representative confirm this?

At the moment available handle shapes are Legend FL, ST and Conic. According the photos provided, there are small red Clipper CR letters and no Patent Pending on the head, so it has to be the new thick version of the blade. Nevertheless, if true, this will be a great news for many interested in this limitedly available non-WRB version.

That is the normal CR version with euro sticker. I bought one a couple weeks back. +1 to tabletennis11 of having it in stock.

Posted By: kolevtt
Date Posted: 03/29/2015 at 5:40am
It is strangely to open updated topic from 2+ years ago and do not see any posted correct picture from the archive.

Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 03/29/2015 at 11:39pm

I got it in Spain, if you´re still interested on it i can send you MP my local supplier Wink

CR I got from china is way better than the version sold in europe, i think its provincial since it came in a brown box with no names 

Posted By: filipo123
Date Posted: 03/30/2015 at 3:34am
@bbkon: Where did you buy the China CR version?

Posted By: bbkon
Date Posted: 03/30/2015 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by filipo123 filipo123 wrote:

@bbkon: Where did you buy the China CR version?

eacheng.net

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net