Print Page | Close Window

Pls, suggest me a nittaku blade

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63994
Printed Date: 04/14/2024 at 2:40pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pls, suggest me a nittaku blade
Posted By: carmelomaf
Subject: Pls, suggest me a nittaku blade
Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 3:48am
Hello,

i would like to buy and test a nittaku blade and i need your suggest

i play offensive but more spin oriented.  I don't like off+ blades but i prefer off-/off blade with good touch and feedback

i also prefer thin blades, max 5.8mm

i'm playing with a carbon blade that is quite thin, limba-samba-carbon-samba-carbon-samba-limba, that plays quite similar with stratus carbon but with more feedback

Hier in Munich is quite difficult to find in shop a nittaku blade and for this reason is also difficult to fine finde someone has such exprerience with nittaku blades

I already search in internet and foud out the possible nittaku blades that could be interesting for me:

Acoustic
Violin
Rutis

can you suggest me, please?

-------------
Tibhar MX-P 50 Max| BTY Boll ALC FL | Tibhar MX-S Max

an Italian playing TT in Germany

Replies:
Posted By: geswin
Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 4:05am
You can buy it in table tennis11.
I believe nittaku blades has one of the best quality, feel and touch. I might be wrong or biased though.
Accoustic is off-, violin is rather off- to all+. I never played with rutis.
Barwell is off but quite thick, barwell fleet is the current best I think great feedback and speed/control ratio but still 6.2mm you wont like it. 

So what do you want to know about nittaku blades?
Some say violin is better for smashing than accoustic, but my accoustic is also quite decent for smashing. Both blades are really good at looping, and i have to tell you among my blades(still under 20 though) nittaku blades have the best feedback and touch.

-------------
Fan of ELCON/conic handle
V'King 05/ Sigma 2 euro/ hexer+
Virtuoso+ Hexer HD/ SE II euro
Accoustic Vega japan / P3

Posted By: kurokami
Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 4:09am
violin is a very light blade with great flex and dwell time. it is more stiff but softer than the acoustic. heavy hitters will prefer this one as the lighter blade better complements those with greater physical strength.

the acoustic will be faster, harder, and heavier than violin. it is more suited for precision play (think mizutani) 3rd ball atk players will like this one. it gives you a heavy shot without putting in a lot of power yourself.

rutis i don't recommend though it's a great blade just bc of the G-carbon plies. most ppl bang up their blades and this is one blade u don't want to do that with.

i've only tried the violin and acoustic. the violin played similar to a clipper CR though much lighter. the acoustic played like a cross between an ALC and ZLC. i personally prefer the acoustic. the violin was easy to land everything on, but the acoustic had a superior "catch" when counterlooping. the violin had a light, airy, stiff, and then soft contact when carrying. in contrast, you can feel the strong wood vibration with the acoustic. it really grips the ball when you redirect a strong incoming loop.

peter tried all 3 and also recommends the latika. it's cheaper and reported he feels better value for the cost. a lot of other nittaku users in the US/EU recommend the ludeak fleet and other "fleet" blades.

closing: acoustic is the most popular in japan of the 3 and was the most popular among men for all blades for a good while before ALC, ZLF, and later Stiga additions appeared. 

Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 4:15am
Originally posted by geswin geswin wrote:

You can buy it in table tennis11.
I believe nittaku blades has one of the best quality, feel and touch. I might be wrong or biased though.
Accoustic is off-, violin is rather off- to all+. I never played with rutis.
Barwell is off but quite thick, barwell fleet is the current best I think great feedback and speed/control ratio but still 6.2mm you wont like it. 

So what do you want to know about nittaku blades?
Some say violin is better for smashing than accoustic, but my accoustic is also quite decent for smashing. Both blades are really good at looping, and i have to tell you among my blades(still under 20 though) nittaku blades have the best feedback and touch.

yes maybe acoustic is the right choice

but I'm curious about rutis

How plays accoustic, block, short short, throw angle etc..?

-------------

Posted By: adishorul
Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 4:21am
I think you have similar taste to mine talking about blades, I tried a lots of blades allwod and composite and I came to the same conclusion as you, blade thinner than 5,7 mm no compostites, medium speed,  much feedback and now I play with nittaku violin and I think you can employ every kind of table tennis thehnique with violin and it is possible to use almost every rubber on the market includind short/long pips.

Posted By: Mickael
Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 7:56am
If you need feel go with acoustic , the best feeling blade of all time. And by feel i dont mean vibration , it has minimal vibration not like cheap all wood .

-------------
Nittaku Acoustic Carbon FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 BH

Posted By: t64t64t64
Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 8:27am
Hi, I own Violin,Acostic,Tenor

Violin is light blade with best cont
rol among the 3 
Acoustic is the best blade fo
r spin oriented game-you can loop from everywhere and feel is unique as michael said-not like cheap wood

Teno
r-is the fastest,the heaviest.Excellent for spin,Excellent for drive.
Teno
r have the best FL handle-for european guys 180 cm 80 kg.

All blades can play with any 
rubber from 729 to Tenergys

Violin is usually lightest 80-85g Acoustic-85-90 g
r and Tenor 90+ grams

if you need mo
re info please ask

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵

Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 9:25am
Well, there is large handle for accoustic and violin though. the large handle also feels very good.

Blocking is really good with VJ, S2E and Rasant. havent test other rubber yet.
Throw is rather high i would say.
Short game is good.
The downside is only lack of power when you go further distance, but as what the pro said its you who should have the power.

-------------

Posted By: peter79
Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 10:21am
I suggest you to choose heavy Violin Large handle from Tabletennis11.com
I got 2 heaviest, 93.5 and 93 gr. Total setup is 186 gr with side tape.
I glue 8 layers of Latex water base glue on H3 National blue sponge 2.2 mm untuned.
And I put 4 layers of Latex water base glue on Tenergy 64 2.1 mm

The blue sponge that I got is less tacky, it's very good even untuned.
This blade has all of the control that I need, it's my main weapon right now.

I use Violin at competition today, I win 3-2 from 0-2 down, against Short pips on Backhand guy.
Tomorrow I will face a Cpen short pips with inverted rubber on backhand. I hope I would advance to later stages of the competition Big smile

-------------
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 11:37am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

I glue 8 layers of Latex water base glue on H3 National blue sponge 2.2 mm untuned.

I use Violin at competition today, I win 3-2 from 0-2 down, against Short pips on Backhand guy.
Tomorrow I will face a Cpen short pips with inverted rubber on backhand. I hope I would advance to later stages of the competition Big smile

It will be too heavy because I use evolution

I prefer blades between 85g and 88g

-------------

Posted By: frogger
Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 12:11pm
One blade everyone is forgetting here is Nittaku Runlox-5. OFF soft blade supreme for topspin and control. Runlox + Tenergy;s will make you smile. Latika is also very good. Acoustic is a great blade but very over priced.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: Ray
Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 12:21pm
Latika is 5.8mm thick. Mine is 83g but you can ask for the weight you prefer.

-------------
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
https://fb.me/spinnier" rel="nofollow - fb.me/spinnier

Posted By: t64t64t64
Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 12:45pm
if we put the money on a side-Acoustic!!!

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=61764&PID=734709򳗵

Posted By: Imago
Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

One blade everyone is forgetting here is Nittaku Runlox-5. OFF soft blade supreme for topspin and control.

Avalox 500 is just $39
http://ttnpp.com/store/avalox/523-avalox-p500.html

Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 4:11pm
Yep Avalox P500 is the same blade as Runlox-5 and is a bargain but the Runlox has nicer finish and a rosewood handle.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Date Posted: 12/07/2013 at 7:46pm
can you compare hhao 656 with acoustic? 

thanks

-------------

Posted By: king_pong
Date Posted: 12/08/2013 at 3:52am
+3, 3rd nomination for Nittaku Runlox-5.  Superb Off- blade that gets few reviews but sounds every bit as what you ask for.

-------------
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max

Posted By: arg0
Date Posted: 12/08/2013 at 4:51am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

violin is a very light blade with great flex and dwell time. it is more stiff but softer than the acoustic.

I beg to disagree: IMO Violin is more flexible and harder than Acoustic. Besides during play, this is also apparent from the the pitch of Violin being lower at the ball bounce test, and the outer ply being Ash vs Limba.

Actually, I've played with all four Violin, Acoustic, Tenor, and Latika.

IMHO, Violin is a balanced, flexible ALL+/OFF- blade with hard feeling (for being all-wood) but plenty of dwell time. It can produce an insane amount of spin, but it is flexible, so if you want fast shots, you have to provide your own power. It superb for a wide range of shots, including loops, chops and soft blocks, but on hard blocks and flat hits you may miss the directional precision of stiffer blades. It's best indicated for playing close to the table. It has a very distinct feel, some may say it vibrates much, but I feel coming back to the Violin because I like the feeling best among all the all wood blades I've tested so far, and I've tested many. The feeling and stiffness are extremely consistent, rather independently from the blade weight (over the years, I've owned 5, ranging from 80 to 88g), which hints at a painstaking selection of materials and control of the manufacturing process by Nittaku.

Acoustic is a head-heavy, OFF- blade with a soft feel that is still rather flexible, but less than Violin. It's a two-wings loopers blade, better suited for aggressive medium-distance play. It is less suitable for defensive play than Violin. As it is still rather flexible, this is really a blade for aggressive spin play, also missing out some directional precision with respect to stiffer blades. The feel is super-smooth, some even say it's muted.

Nittaku started producing Violin and Acoustic in 2003-2004 (Violin came first, Acoustic was initially called Violin 2). Some years later, they changed the emblem at the butt of the handle from the nailed black and brass tag ("old" models) to the polished, hexagonal, brass ("golden") tag ("new" models).
Old and new Violins have the same plies of identical thickness.
Old and new Acoustics differ: the core layer and the blade thickness is the same, but while the old Acoustic had a thin outer and thicker medial ply, the new one has both outer and medial plies of the same thickness. Some say the feeling of the older Acoustic is better. I can't say, because I only played with the old model.

Then came Tenor. Not sure on what year, but it makes sense to guess that Tenor was made as response to the speed glue ban. Tenor is constructively identical to the new Acoustic, the only difference is a thicker core ply. Tenor has thus a similar feeling than Acoustic, but is both stiffer and faster.

Latika is said by some to be as fast as Acoustic but with a feeling similar to Violin. Instead, I found Latika to be more head-heavy and less flexible than both Acoustic and Violin, and actually more similar to Tenor in terms of speed and stiffness.

Acoustic and Violin have a relatively small blade face. Latika has a larger blade face, it's a slighly oversized version of Nittaku's Kasumi Basic.

-------------
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the forum_posts.asp?TID=47778" rel="nofollow - Nexy Clan !
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.

Posted By: aeoliah
Date Posted: 12/08/2013 at 4:53am
I prefer Violin (I have both Acoustic and Violin). Violin has a harder feel.
Peter, how was the competition going ? I wish you luck !

-------------
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

Date Posted: 12/08/2013 at 7:50am
please I need a comparison acoustic with hking655 and hhao656

-------------

Posted By: tabletennis11
Date Posted: 12/08/2013 at 8:24am
The Acoustic and Violin are both great blades with a lot of touch and feeling but if you are used to more offensive game then they might not have the amount of speed you want. If you sit tight, the Acoustic Carbon is being released by Nittaku in Jan 2014 which will encompass the same touch and control with added speed.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QlKrAbsMQ?utm_source=mytt-signature" rel="nofollow - Click Here to see TableTennis11 CEO Sergei Petrov's Introductory Interview - Tabletennis11.com

Date Posted: 12/08/2013 at 8:43am
Originally posted by aeoliah aeoliah wrote:

Well after I manage to go though the knock out stage, I face a Cpen who use Dr Neubauer Monster on his forehand and Palio inverted rubber guy.
I lost to him, he is a better player, pretty hard to play against pips. When I slow loop he block the ball with his pips very high the return, when I smash it goes to net, I know my mistake after the match, I must smash as if the ball goes out, must open the angle more.
Well it's a lesson for me to learn LOL

-------------
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Date Posted: 12/08/2013 at 8:59am
Still better than me. Never pass a knockout phase.
Tabletennis11 say quite true. They both quite underpower, but if you have big power and its allright.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/08/2013 at 11:40am
"underpower" is a vague statement: a lot depends on your level, your expectations and the rubbers you glue on them. When the Violin is in the hands of my coach, I never feel it's underpowered... Ma Long did not feel the Acoustic was underpowered, although that was in the age of speed glueing. As I wrote, today those blades are better suited for close to mid-distance play and you have to add your own power.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/08/2013 at 1:12pm
Runlox plays as smooth as a baby's butt, Acoustic is so nice but the price is a mute issue. Acoustic Carbon?...OMG another $300 USD blade. Ok I will shut up.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Date Posted: 12/08/2013 at 8:03pm
It is true argo. The blade speed is not so fast, accoustic would be off minus and violin would be in the bridge between all plus to off minus.
Me myself doesnt feel that accoustic is underpowered but its just depends on the one who play with it. I agree with you argo. Rubber plays lot of factor in term of speed.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/12/2013 at 2:27am
thnks all of you

I ordered acoustic large handle that I get this week, and hking655 that I will get middle of januar

I think together with hhao656, i own 4 of it,  these are the best 5ply allwood blades on the markt

-------------

Posted By: right2niru
Date Posted: 12/12/2013 at 2:40am

May be a little late advise but i have large palms and thanks to Nexy & now tabletennis11 who have large handles which i really love . To your question if i would really recommend Nittakku blade it would be tenor however due to my personal considerations of weight / head size i don't personally play tenor but it is the best feeling blade both for loops as well as drives and may be u can call it Violin on steroids kinda speed . So in short it has both goods of Violin and Acoustic satisfying the gap in the speed compartment ! 

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Posted By: Thomasson
Date Posted: 12/12/2013 at 2:50am
I have some old model violins for sale if you are interested ;)

Better feel and quality then new blades.

-------------
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7

Date Posted: 12/12/2013 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Thomasson Thomasson wrote:

I have some old model violins for sale if you are interested ;)
Better feel and quality then new blades.

In what respect are they better? Just curious, because I did not notice any difference in feel and quality of the new Violins with respect to the old ones.

Instead, there are constructive differences between the old and new Acoustics (in new models, outer and medial plies are the same thickness, while in the old model, the outer ply is thinner and the medial is thicker; core and overall thickness are the same), which may justify differences in feel and playing characteristics.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/12/2013 at 3:12am
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

May be a little late advise but i have large palms and thanks to Nexy & now tabletennis11 who have large handles which i really love.

+1. Just got two L-Size ST handle Violins from tabletennis11.com to replace my old ones and their ST handles is among the most comfortables that I ever held.
Never had L-Size Violins from nexy.com but according to reports the blade face of those was smaller than of regular Violins, while the ones from tabletennis11.com are the same size.

-------------

Posted By: kurokami
Date Posted: 12/12/2013 at 3:23am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

violin is a very light blade with great flex and dwell time. it is more stiff but softer than the acoustic.

ah, i forgot. when testing i only tried counterlooping off the table briefly so that may explain the difference in experience: 

white ash vs limba is stiffer, harder, and has a higher modulus of elasticity, but the kiri core in violin is significantly softer and more flexible than both its outer plies and acoustic's center ply (either supposed wood tung tree or ayous). taken as a whole, shots penetrating through the entire racket may feel different since the combination will change the overall feel regardless of individual plies' properties.

nittaku also lists the violin as being soft while the acoustic is medium hardness, which is what i experienced. acoustic felt about as hard as the TB ALC

Date Posted: 12/12/2013 at 9:57pm
Thanks for your purchase Arg0. Great to hear the blades are to your liking, we rate the Violin blades very highly! :)

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6QlKrAbsMQ?utm_source=mytt-signature" rel="nofollow - Click Here to see TableTennis11 CEO Sergei Petrov's Introductory Interview - Tabletennis11.com

Posted By: Snakefish
Date Posted: 12/12/2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by tabletennis11 tabletennis11 wrote:

The Acoustic and Violin are both great blades with a lot of touch and feeling but if you are used to more offensive game then they might not have the amount of speed you want. If you sit tight, the Acoustic Carbon is being released by Nittaku in Jan 2014 which will encompass the same touch and control with added speed.

Can't wait for that Accoustic carbon.  Will it have large handle as well?

After that, Violin carbon ?  Big smile

-------------
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max

Date Posted: 12/13/2013 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Can't wait for that Accoustic carbon.  Will it have large handle as well?
After that, Violin carbon ?  Big smile

Acutally, yes! Clap I enquired with Nittaku and they replied that they do have plans for a Violin Carbon, but no announcements yet. So let's wait and see. I also told them about how comfortable the large handles are and they kindly acklowledged. So at least they know, now it all depends on marketing decisions.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/13/2013 at 2:55am
Violin is already good, it's a blade which is good at everything. It can direct the ball where ever you want during tense rally in the match. Balance between attack and defend.
Adding Carbon layer will only add the attacking power, while defend wouldn't be so easy.

-------------
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Posted By: Imago
Date Posted: 12/13/2013 at 4:24am
Just imagine adding carbon to a real violin. Or using natural bone glue for attaching the carbon layer. The whole Nittaku musical instruments philosophy goes to hell...

Posted By: peter234
Date Posted: 12/13/2013 at 4:46am

Yep Avalox P500 is the same blade as Runlox-5 and is a bargain but the Runlox has nicer finish and a rosewood handle.

Hi, Frogger,  
What is the price of Nikutta Runlox-5
I find their Price beyond USD 83 in some sites.

-------------
Lalicat Browser

Posted By: Tinykin
Date Posted: 12/13/2013 at 5:09am

Well after I manage to go though the knock out stage, I face a Cpen who use Dr Neubauer Monster on his forehand and Palio inverted rubber guy.
I lost to him, he is a better player, pretty hard to play against pips. When I slow loop he block the ball with his pips very high the return, when I smash it goes to net, I know my mistake after the match, I must smash as if the ball goes out, must open the angle more.
If I don't know the opponent too well, I start with this SOP against the LP side

I start serve = slow-deep-straight (no sidespin)-light underspin.
Blocked return or forced push, I respond using drive with light topspin.
blocked return, I do heavy spin but high loop.
Blocked return, I push with light underspin.
Blocked return, back to start again = drive with light topspin.

If the opponent is a pushblocker, his main effort will be to put you off balance/out of position so that you can't maintain the sequence.

My biggest problem with these guys is that I get bored in the middle of the match, as win or lose, I never enjoy the experience.LOL

-------------
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset

Posted By: Matt Pimple
Date Posted: 12/13/2013 at 7:57am

I face a Cpen who use Dr Neubauer Monster on his forehand
Just on a side note: did he play Dr. Neubauer Monster or Monster Classis? The Monster is a frictionless pip and banned now but it would explain your mistakes by hitting in the net.

-------------
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55835&title=feed-back-for-matt-pimple" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 12/13/2013 at 8:34am
Originally posted by peter234 peter234 wrote:

Hi, Frogger,  
What is the price of Nikutta <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Runlox-5? </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I find their Price beyond USD 83 in some sites.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>
</span>

It looks like the price of Runlox just went up to $96USD! Yikes, that's expensive for an all wood blade. Save money and get a Avalox P500.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Date Posted: 12/13/2013 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

If I don't know the opponent too well, I start with this SOP against the LP side

If the opponent is a pushblocker, his main effort will be to put you off balance/out of position so that you can't maintain the sequence.

My biggest problem with these guys is that I get bored in the middle of the match, as win or lose, I never enjoy the experience.LOL

The problem is when I loop very spinny, then he block I know I must push, when I push, the backspin is so strong that it goes to net. I miss judge the amount of the spin coming back from my own ball.

-------------
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Date Posted: 12/13/2013 at 9:24am

Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

The problem is when I loop very spinny, then he block I know I must push, when I push, the backspin is so strong that it goes to net. I miss judge the amount of the spin coming back from my own ball.

It happens to all of us.
As you know already, best thing is to find an LP player to practise. Most LP players EJ on their pips so you'll get to know the characteristics of most of them soon enough.Smile
In competition, the only thing is to push then loop until you get it right and hope that you are still in the match by then.LOL

-------------
Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset

Date Posted: 12/13/2013 at 9:56am

Originally posted by peter234 peter234 wrote:

Hi, Frogger,  
What is the price of Nikutta <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Runlox-5? </span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">I find their Price beyond USD 83 in some sites.</span>

It looks like the price of Runlox just went up to $96USD! Yikes, that's expensive for an all wood blade. Save money and get a Avalox P500.

It's your fault, Frogger.Wink
You shouldn't have given the impression that the blade was at a bargain price. You have caused Nittaku to join the greedy set.
The price at tabletennis11 is now 66euros +20%VAT = £67
I paid less than £50 inc VAT and P&P earlier this year from the same source.

-------------
Blade:
Darker Speed90

Delusion is an asset

Date Posted: 12/13/2013 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Matt Pimple Matt Pimple wrote:

I face a Cpen who use Dr Neubauer Monster on his forehand
Just on a side note: did he play Dr. Neubauer Monster or Monster Classis? The Monster is a frictionless pip and banned now but it would explain your mistakes by hitting in the net.

It's Monster, oh it's frictionless pip, no wonder it's very heavy if I want to loop the second time.
No wonder it's banned but here people still use banned rubbers.

-------------
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Posted By: aroonkl
Date Posted: 12/15/2013 at 12:59am
How is P500/Runlox-5 compared to Violin? Which one is spinier with H3? Fast loop drive, blocking?

Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

+3, 3rd nomination for Nittaku Runlox-5.  Superb Off- blade that gets few reviews but sounds every bit as what you ask for.

Date Posted: 12/15/2013 at 1:05am
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

How is P500/Runlox-5 compared to Violin? Which one is spinier with H3? Fast loop drive, blocking?

Originally posted by king_pong king_pong wrote:

Hands down i started with Run-lox 5 and moved on to Violin ; I can definitely state from my experience they are different leagues altogether with the 40 mm ball and violin wins however i haven't tried H3 on Runlox 5 so i can't comment. Since i have played these 2 blades and i know for sure they don't play any similar so i don't understand why would you like to compare them ? 

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Date Posted: 12/15/2013 at 1:32am
To compare because higher price does not mean better. Some blades excel in certain thing and weak in others. Also some are good in many areas. It is also style and stroke that fit the blade. I like to play Chinese rubber a lot. I would not hesitate to take P500 in place of Violin if P500 gains more spin with H3.
Right now my favorite blade is $50 while Acoustic, Timo ALC, Hking & OSP are sitting on the shelf.

Since i </span>have<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> played these 2 blades and i know for sure they don't play any similar so i don't understand why would you like to compare them ? </span>

Date Posted: 12/15/2013 at 1:50am

To compare because higher price does not mean better. Some blades excel in certain thing and weak in others. Also some are good in many areas. It is also style and stroke that fit the blade. I like to play Chinese rubber a lot. I would not hesitate to take P500 in place of Violin if P500 gains more spin with H3.
Right now my favorite blade is $50 while Acoustic, Timo ALC, Hking & OSP are sitting on the shelf.

Since i </span>have<span style="line-height: 1.4;"> played these 2 blades and i know for sure they don't play any similar so i don't understand why would you like to compare them ? </span>

I don't think anybody here believes higher prices means better -
So please suggest your style - also in general if you are not already aware a stiff blade is good for loop drives / blocks better than a soft blade. 

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Date Posted: 12/15/2013 at 5:57pm
I believe both Avalox P500 and Violin are good looper blades.I played with P500 10+ years ago. Remember it was head heavy when pair with both side Globe999. From what I read Violin should win hand down in blocking and placement. But which one has more spin with H3 and better @ loop drive.
My style is 2-side looper, high spin initiate or fast Chinese loop drive. I don't block much. Some on BH but mostly counter-loop on FH side.

So please suggest your style - also in general if you are not already aware a stiff blade is good for loop drives / blocks better than a soft blade. 

Date Posted: 12/16/2013 at 5:53pm
today ì got 2 acoustic large handle from tabletennis11

Both 89/90g

The handle is quite big and also quite strange, between FL and ST 

I like it ;)

I played 3 hours today with mxp on fh and elp on bh

good blade, soft touch, good spin and surprice really fast

I found it quite similar to virtuoso+, similar touch but faster

very good for block

sadly I'm quite disappointed after put away the rubbers I got splitter,  grrrrr I use normal waterglue

The blade is so expensive that is not acceptable

Tomorrow I need to seal, what I don't like

-------------

Date Posted: 12/16/2013 at 6:28pm
Both Runlox-5 and P500 are the spin friendliest blades I know of( Primorac is nice too) Tuned H3 is a spin beast on those blades. T05FX, T64FX is also very nice. Soft impact feel, not everyone will like it. Sweet spot is average not big like TBS or Maze. Better control than composite blades, subjective of course in that regard. It takes 2 coats of sealer for Runlox/P500 due to wood type. I even seal the handle then sand lightly to remove any sticky feeling.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: king_pong
Date Posted: 12/16/2013 at 6:52pm

I believe both Avalox P500 and Violin are good looper blades.I played with P500 10+ years ago. Remember it was head heavy when pair with both side Globe999. From what I read Violin should win hand down in blocking and placement. But which one has more spin with H3 and better @ loop drive.
My style is 2-side looper, high spin initiate or fast Chinese loop drive. I don't block much. Some on BH but mostly counter-loop on FH side.

aroonki,  I think the P500 has the reputation of having more spin than just about any blade in its class
(off-).  That being said, it is a "pure loopers blade" -- http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/avalox-p500.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/avalox-p500.html   
You had mentioned being more of a "loop-driver" (imagining the great Ma Long strokes here Smile). Keeping that in mind, I think you would more prefer the Avalox P700, a blade I've recently switched to.  P700 is brilliant blade for driving, having tremendous feel, and stability.  The P700, in my opinion is made for continuous driving of the ball, while P500 is made for allround strategies based mostly on looping.  Hope that helps.

-------------
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max

Date Posted: 12/17/2013 at 12:41am
Originally posted by carmelomaf carmelomaf wrote:

The handle is quite big and also quite strange, between FL and ST 
I like it ;)
[...]
sadly I'm quite disappointed after put away the rubbers I got splitter,  grrrrr I use normal waterglue
The blade is so expensive that is not acceptable
Tomorrow I need to seal, what I don't like

It seems that Nittaku finally figured out how to make handles for people with larger hands. The Large-ST is also one of the best ST handles I ever held.

As to splintering, from my experience, water-based glue is particularly aggressive with Limba, so it's recommended to always seal. Or to use normal glue. I had similar issues with OSP blades. If a Limba blade does not splinter, it's very likely that it was sealed by the manufacturer.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/17/2013 at 4:56pm
second session today

The feeling is getting better, very fast blade but good control especially the block

handle simply fantastic

Could you please tell me the differences with violin?

if violin is a little bit slower and provide higher arc could be interesting

-------------

Date Posted: 12/17/2013 at 5:25pm
Ciao Carmelo,
you nailed it: that's exactly the difference between Acoustic and Violin: Violin is a bit slower and more flexible.

By the way, I've added some impressions about old and new Acoustics, Latika, and Tenor http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63994&PID=765652&title=pls-suggest-me-a-nittaku-blade#765652" rel="nofollow - here .

-------------

Date Posted: 12/22/2013 at 5:37am
third session on Wednesday,  played also against defender

I still think , it is a good blade, very soft vibrations giving you good feeling

I had the impression to play with a little bit slower and more flex viscaria

the throw angle is low as well

I play with mxp on fh that gives high arc on yous topspin but with acoustic is not enough

the speed is for me full off

I think a good fh combination could be with h3 

Next training in 2 weeks, I hope with violin ;)

-------------

Date Posted: 01/08/2014 at 2:14am
I got two Violins FL-L 90g and tried one with two mxp for one hour

good feeling but acoustic gives more feedback due to more soft vibrations

speed all+/off- 

I had the impression to get lower spin in comparison with Acoustic

I'm going to test and compare better the two blades during this week

-------------

Date Posted: 01/08/2014 at 3:16am

this is funny because the amount of spin is exactly the reason why I prefer the Violin over Acoustic. My impression is that slow shots are spinnier with Violin. The opposite is maybe true for fast shots. I'll be following your impressions with interest.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/08/2014 at 3:21am

I got two Violins FL-L 90g and tried one with two mxp for one hour

good feeling but acoustic gives more feedback due to more soft vibrations

speed all+/off- 

I had the impression to get lower spin in comparison with Acoustic

I'm going to test and compare better the two blades during this week

MX-P is a hard rubber and Violin is stiff as well (if you are aware) ; This makes generating spin a little more difficult  - however pair a medium hard rubber on Violin and you would see the difference. 

Acoustic do give different vibrations not necessarily better .. if you like it stick to it . 
I bet lot of violin users swear by the vibrations (feel) they get from it .

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Date Posted: 01/08/2014 at 10:13am
yesterday I played just one hour because I was a little bit sick

Tomorrow I will test it with elp on bh

-------------

Date Posted: 01/08/2014 at 1:00pm
Gawd you guys make me want to get a Violin. When will the EJ bug get smashed. Life is hard sometimes.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: n8stee
Date Posted: 01/08/2014 at 1:20pm

Where did you get the blue sponge hurricane 3 national?

-------------
I'm Nate
BLADE: YEO Cpen
BH: Xiom Omega IV Asia/Pogo pips out
FH: DHS Hurricane 2 neo

Blade: Nittaku Ruforal Jpen
FH: Nittaku Renanos Soft
RPB: focus 3 snipe<

Date Posted: 01/08/2014 at 2:09pm
I decide to play also today

This time with elp on bh

I have the same impression like yestarday

Today I played agaist defensive player and I can also say that violin has lower trampoline effect but more controll in comparison with acoustic

-------------

Posted By: maktime
Date Posted: 01/08/2014 at 6:11pm
Great to read your experiences with the Violin and Acoustic.

I've been testing with a Barwell Fleet paired with Vega Japan and Bluefire JP03.
It's a bit on the fast side and it's a little harder to control / generate spin.

So I got a Violin from TT11 as well so hoping that will play better and provide more dwell time.
I'm going to glue the Vega Japan and Bluefire JP03 on to the Violin to directly compare against Barwell Fleet.

Having said that I would also like to glue MX-P onto it as well as I have been using that rubber on my FH on my Darker Speed 90

-------------
Member of the Violin and Single Ply Hinoki Club

Blade #1: Nittaku Violin
FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

Blade #2: Favourite Pro Cougar
FH Haifu Whale 2
BH Andro Hexer Powersponge

Date Posted: 01/09/2014 at 3:47pm
today had a real good training, I was fit and played very good and intensive for two hours

Now I can give you my definitive impressions regarding the differences between acoustic and violin

Violin is harder, much slower, generate more spin, gives much more controll and has much lower trampoline effect

I suggest to use it with fast soft rubber with high trampoline effect

For this reason I decide to sell both violins I bought

-------------

Date Posted: 01/09/2014 at 5:33pm

today had a real good training, I was fit and played very good and intensive for two hours

Now I can give you my definitive impressions regarding the differences between acoustic and violin

Violin is harder, much slower, generate more spin, gives much more controll and has much lower trampoline effect

I suggest to use it with fast soft rubber with high trampoline effect

For this reason I decide to sell both violins I bought

So you perfer the Acoustic over the Violin?
hmmm I'm wondering if the Violin would be too slow for me..
I was also debating between the Violin or Acoustic now perhaps I should have got a Acoustic instead...

-------------

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2

Date Posted: 01/09/2014 at 5:46pm
Nittaku classifies both Violin and Acoustic as Offensive, but this says little about their intrinsic speed. I'd define Violin as ALL+ and Acoustic as OFF-.

This is also in line with igsstern's objective measurements and the chart from the Nittaku 2011 catalog (right click to view the chart in its full size or save it):

In an earlier Nittaku catalog Violin was classifed as about the same speed as Acoustic, but the composition of Acoustic has change since, and I suppose that Nittaku changed their mind about the speed of Violin:

-------------

Date Posted: 01/09/2014 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Nittaku classifies both Violin and Acoustic as Offensive, but this says little about their intrinsic speed. I'd define Violin as ALL+ and Acoustic as OFF-.

This is also in line with igsstern's objective measurements and the chart from the Nittaku 2011 catalog (right click to view the chart in its full size or save it):

In an earlier Nittaku catalog Violin was classifed as about the same speed as Acoustic, but the composition of Acoustic has change since, and I suppose that Nittaku changed their mind about the speed of Violin:

Thanks for the info argo0 perhaps I should have got an Acoustic rather then a Violin but I'll definitely give it a try to compare first. I know there will be a large speed drop coming from a Darker Speed 90 blade

-------------

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2

Date Posted: 01/09/2014 at 6:51pm
I don't know what blade a "Favourite Pro Cougar" is, but both Acoustic and Violins are completely different beasts than 1-ply Hinokis. Makes me wonder why you want to make such a big change. Just for the sake of trying or are you looking for some specific feature?

-------------

Date Posted: 01/09/2014 at 7:20pm
My reason why I wanted to go a thinner blade is so that hopefully I will gain more manouverability for over the table shots e.g BH Banana flick and Forehand Flicking

The thicker blade of the single ply blade and also the weight I find is limiting my options for over the table shots.

What is your experience with the Violin as compared to the single ply blade you have (I'm assuming you have used single ply blades previously since you are in the 1-ply clan)

Thanks in advance for your assistance Argo

-------------

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2

Date Posted: 01/10/2014 at 4:15am
Not sure whether I can successfully compare Violin to the 1-ply blades I played with, the reason being that I kept them for my collection after having realised that I don't play particularly well with them.

I have played a bit with Nittaku Miyabi, but I immediately realised that the blade was too thick for me and that I was hitting the ball with the edges almost each time I wanted to do a sharp push or brush-loop. From what I can recall, the Miyabi felt softer and was bouncier and much faster than Violin.

The other 1-ply blades that I played a bit with, and that I still plan to test more extensively, is American Hinoki Ancient Kauri (AK), which is made of very dense wood. I have two, they are about 6 and 6.5 mm. From what I recall, the AK feels hard, quite flexible and not very bouncy, so to some extent similar to Violin. Feeling is different, though. Speed-wise, it it about on par with Violin, too.
[OT: See http://www.badeola.com/AmericanHinoki/BladeReviews/review_ak_shake.html" rel="nofollow - here for a good review of the AK, and http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=41066" rel="nofollow - here for a thread in this forum].

-------------

Date Posted: 01/12/2014 at 4:19pm
I got my Violin wooho weighing in at 85gm and I've got Tibhar EVO MX-P Max on my FH and Nittaku G1 1.8mm on my BH. Total weight is 184gm

I hope I'll be able to put it through it's paces tomorow or sometime this week.

Hopefully it'll give me some much needed control

-------------

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2

Date Posted: 01/12/2014 at 4:49pm
Congrats. Looking forward to reading your impressions.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/12/2014 at 6:42pm
Thanks Arg0

I had a brief 15 min hit with it forehand looping and driving is alot more consistent compared to my Darker Speed 90 with the same MX-P rubber on and is definitely alot more consistent compaerd with my Barwell Fleet and Vega Japan rubber.

G1 on the Backhand seemed quite zippy with a fair amount of spin on it too.

I need to play games and see how it performs in comps.

Will let you know how I go.

-------------

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2

Date Posted: 01/12/2014 at 10:59pm
The acoustic is definitely a touch faster than the violin, they are both incredibly well rounded blades with great feeling though. These two blades are a very good composite and well produced!

-------------

Date Posted: 01/13/2014 at 12:20am
Thanks for posting the 85gm Violin down to Sydney Australia TableTennis 11 :)

The larger handle is awesome I wish all of the Nittaku blades have a larger handle as well.

I was endlessly debating over a Violin or an Acoustic.
I still think that I should have gotten a Acoustic (if you had a discount I would have)
But I thought I'll go with the ALL / OFF - blade and pair it up with faster rubbers such as the MX-P

-------------

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2

Posted By: adishorul
Date Posted: 01/14/2014 at 12:02pm

The acoustic is definitely a touch faster than the violin, they are both incredibly well rounded blades with great feeling though. These two blades are a very good composite and well produced!

I am playing with violin very nice feeling indeed and I believe it is allwood 5 ply, why did you say it is composite?

Posted By: BH-Man
Date Posted: 01/14/2014 at 12:47pm
Check out some of the blades available in the Asian market.

http://www.hanwooltt.co.kr/shop/shopbrand.html?xcode=080&type=Y" rel="nofollow - http://www.hanwooltt.co.kr/shop/shopbrand.html?xcode=080&type=Y

Some really nice blades and decent prices. 1 dollar is roughly 1000 Korean won, but rate changes all the time.

From theh Nittaku Korea site...

http://nittaku.co.kr/shop/display/home.php?mode=sub&catedb=2/4" rel="nofollow - http://nittaku.co.kr/shop/display/home.php?mode=sub&catedb=2/4

-------------
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Posted By: geardaddy
Date Posted: 01/14/2014 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

I am playing with violin very nice feeling indeed and I believe it is allwood 5 ply, why did you say it is composite?

Hmmmm....  That chart of Nittaku blades in the previous post seems to jive with what you are saying.  But, the chart seems to be way different than what Paddle Palace rates these Nittaku blades for speed.  For instance, PP lists the Violin being faster than the Acoustic.  I'm currently playing with a Nittaku Razor, which is listed as ALL, but PP shows the Rising blade as being ALL+ and the chart shows quite the opposite with the Rising being very slow.  What the heck?

Date Posted: 01/14/2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by geardaddy geardaddy wrote:

Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

Hmmmm....  That chart of Nittaku blades in the previous post seems to jive with what you are saying.  But, the chart seems to be way different than what Paddle Palace rates these Nittaku blades for speed.  For instance, PP lists the Violin being faster than the Acoustic.  I'm currently playing with a Nittaku Razor, which is listed as ALL, but PP shows the Rising blade as being ALL+ and the chart shows quite the opposite with the Rising being very slow.  What the heck?

+2, blade charts from any manufacturer are just an estimation. BTY chart looks like a Looney Tune cartoon. The best evaluators are the players not some funny looking hard to read chart. Example BTY has Primorac rated slow-medium for speed rated even slower than TB ALL+, Primorac is OFF-.

I would love to see a more scientific approach to blade data and also what style would benefit using a certain blade.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Date Posted: 01/19/2014 at 12:32am
I've only had a few sessions with the Violin and haven't had the chance to really put it through it's paces.
But I did sneak in a quick service practise session and I really like it for service.
I was able to server spinny double and triple bounce serves which was harder to do with my Nittaku Barwell Fleet and Darker Speed 90.
I found I had to put a little more effort in long fast ball serves especially end to end fast dead balls.

I think I'm going to stick with the violin for now and really work to getting ot know it better.

I'm lacking match fitness and everything that goes with it.
But hoping to get some training in before the coming summer season of comp.

-------------

FH Tibhar Evolution MX-P
BH Nittaku G1

FH Haifu Whale 2

Date Posted: 01/19/2014 at 1:57am
Originally posted by geardaddy geardaddy wrote:

Hmmmm....  That chart of Nittaku blades in the previous post seems to jive with what you are saying.  But, the chart seems to be way different than what Paddle Palace rates these Nittaku blades for speed. For instance, PP lists the Violin being faster than the Acoustic.  I'm currently playing with a Nittaku Razor, which is listed as ALL, but PP shows the Rising blade as being ALL+ and the chart shows quite the opposite with the Rising being very slow.  What the heck?

If you were referring to "the" chart in my post, there are two charts in that post, and they tell different stories about Violin and Acoustic. The newer chart is on top and reflects my playing impressions, at least as Violin and Acoustic go: Acoustic is a bit faster than Violin.
Blade category (DEF/ALL/OFF) given by manufacturers should not be taken simply as a measure of speed, but as an indication of playing style they are suitable for, which also takes into account blade size, weight, handle shape, flexibility, etc.

Edit: typo

-------------

Posted By: topspinplayer2023
Date Posted: 11/11/2023 at 7:36am
Hello.  

This looks like a very old post, so i hope i get some replies.

I have a brand new sheet of Evolution MXP 50 max, and a sheet of Grass d.tecs OX that i need to decide which blade to put these on.   I am spoiled for choice, and value input from people who have tried this.
I am new to long pips and current use MXP 1.9 both on both sides of an Acoustic Carbon inner ST LG handle.

Tenor  ST
Violoncello ST Reg handle
Violin ST Reg handle
Stiga Hypertech ST
Acoustic Carbon Inner FL Large
Acoustic Carbon Outer FL Large

I plan on twiddling so a ST handle might be better.   The handle on the tenor seems a bit larger than Violin or Violoncello, so it might fit better.  

Leaning towards Tenor or Violin, but maybe Violoncello or Hypertech.  What would be better for close to the table,  backhand block, push and chop block, with twiddling and hitting / looping on the forehand side, twiddling for backhand, and MXP on forehand only.

Lots of info i know but it looks like there are lots of people with experience on here.

-------------
Nittaku Musical Shakehand Blade enthusiast. Plan to switch to OX long pips for Backhand.

Date Posted: 11/11/2023 at 8:26am
I'm not a long pips player, but I wonder whether there is any reason you did not include Violin Carbon in your selection. Violin is generally very good for chop/block/and close-to-the-table play. Better than Acoustic and Tenor (at least for me, I've tried them all).
Besides, in case you are interested, I have a Violin Carbon ST with large handle for sale. Like new, only shortly tested: I've decided to stay with all wood blades.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net