Print Page | Close Window

Tenergy 80FX coming!?

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=64326
Printed Date: 04/28/2024 at 7:55am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tenergy 80FX coming!?
Posted By: Matt Pimple
Subject: Tenergy 80FX coming!?
Date Posted: 12/31/2013 at 1:35pm
As I was just looking through the LARC (List Authorized Racket Coverings; version #34B, Jan. 1 - Jun 30 2014) to answer the question of somebody if a certain rubber was still legal, I also noticed that Butterfly is listing the Tenergy 80 FX there.
http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/LARC_34B.pdf" rel="nofollow - http://www.ittf.com/stories/pictures/LARC_34B.pdf
This would indicate to me that they are at least seriously thinking about releasing this version. It does happen on rare occasions that companies list rubbers on the LARC that are never released but typically they are pretty serious about it since it costs money t get the rubber approved by ITTF and listed on the LARC.

-------------
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55835&title=feed-back-for-matt-pimple" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Replies:
Posted By: adishorul
Date Posted: 12/31/2013 at 1:55pm
T80fx was listed for the very first time this year (2013) in April. 2013 is almost gone and T80FX doesn`t appeared so far...

Posted By: AndySmith
Date Posted: 12/31/2013 at 2:17pm
It's coming. I'd bet the farm on it appearing in early 2014.

-------------
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.

Posted By: JonathanVN
Date Posted: 12/31/2013 at 2:26pm
I don't really care if it's coming, because I am perfectly happy with 80 as is. But, I would assume that within six months it should be on the market. I may have to borrow someone's to see how I like it when it releases! 

-------------
2015 USATT Ratings:
1823 (Jan)
1840 (Feb)

Posted By: Tinykin
Date Posted: 12/31/2013 at 4:08pm
I think that all the manufacturers are working on new bats/rubbers for the coming plastic ball.
So Butterfly's whole line will probably be revamped soon. Maybe they think that it's a waste of resources marketing a new rubber designed for the celluloid ball so close to the release of the first plastic balls.

-------------
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset

Posted By: JacekGM
Date Posted: 12/31/2013 at 4:59pm
Sure, looking forward to it...

-------------
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.

Date Posted: 03/18/2014 at 9:42pm
Until the time T80FX is finally available... I have just bought an Evo FX-P.

-------------
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.

Posted By: JimT
Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 11:52am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

It's coming. I'd bet the farm on it appearing in early 2014.

Andy, don't forget to send me the deed to your farm. I am looking forward to spending my quiet retirement there Big smile... BUT! if there is no table tennis club within 15 miles then forget about it.

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 12:55pm
Ha! I'll send the deeds if you promise to look after my cult members who live in the barn. They are SO close to finishing the spaceship...

80-fx is mid April. Tt-japan says 20th April. I'm still looking forward to it.

-------------

Posted By: slevin
Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 1:26pm

I'm still looking forward to it.

A serious question to everyone: why?

I can understand the market for T80 over T05: some need slightly softer for BH (or on FH for hard blades), slightly lower throw, slightly better control. Well, if T80 is still a bit too hard, fast, then we already have T05fx (which has lower throw, lower sensitivity to spin and better control than T05).

T-05fx is soft enough I assume. And i expect T05fx to be spinnier than T80fx. Not too many play with T05fx and think "I wish it was deader, slower and less spinny - I'd pay Tenergy money for it".

Now a question for the PhD in SRR (Soft Rubber Research): why ditch M3 for the Aurus Soft/ 1Q Sound on the JRE?

BTW: if you do a detailed comparison of all these soft rubbers (including FX-P, JP-03) in a new single thread, the mods should sticky it - shall be very useful for thousands of members here.

-------------
Trade feedback:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787

Posted By: the_theologian
Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I'm still looking forward to it.

A serious question to everyone: why?

I can understand the market for T80 over T05: some need slightly softer for BH (or on FH for hard blades), slightly lower throw, slightly better control. Well, if T80 is still a bit too hard, fast, then we already have T05fx (which has lower throw, lower sensitivity to spin and better control than T05).

I've wondered the same.... 

-------------
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max

Posted By: frogger
Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:02pm
With all the variations of Tenergy's, what possible element of play could T80FX offer? Most rubbers already have an inherent range of playability and I see this as an attempt by BTY to get your money. I think T05FX is an amazing BH rubber for my skill/level so I will not play the fool and waste my money on a new Tenergy that does nothing to help my game.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:17pm
Maybe one shouldn't criticize too much before the stuff has even arrived or anyone has tried it.

Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:28pm
If people are 100% happy with their setup, there is no need to change things, sure. Curiosity plays a part, of course. Being curious doesn't make someone a fool.

Personally, I enjoy T64-fx on the Rossi Emotion. It's linear, the right kind of softness and speed for me, great. It's not particularly threatening for the opposition, but OK. T05-fx I find harder to use on the JRE. It's fairly controlled over the table, but becomes wild on bigger strokes. The combination of rubber and blade do not suit me, even though T05-fx offers more dangerous shots when BH looping.

I've been very surprised with the difference between T05-fx and T64-fx. They are markedly different, in fact. I would like something in the middle of the two, for my setup. Based on my experience with the JRE, I think T80-fx could offer a best fit for my needs. I could be totally wrong, but I'm curious enough to give it a try. I'm not expecting anything revolutionary. Just a slight tweak on current stuff.

This may all be based on my blade choice. I wouldn't be shocked if other people can't feel much difference between 05-fx and 64-fx on their blades, making a middle option somewhat redundant.

-------------

Posted By: the_theologian
Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:29pm
And with that, Andy has satisfied my wondering

-------------
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max

Posted By: assiduous
Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:33pm
who cares about T80 FX. I am holding my breath a new generation, born by the new ball. Maybe they will name in Planergy. 
Butterfly has incredible potential in developing quality products that is completely underutilized right now due to the lack of competition. Who knows what nice things their R&D team has come up with but Sales team won't produce because it makes no sense to compete with their own products. We really need the Euro brands to come up with some better competition. BTY should not be able to ride the top for 10 years with Tenergy alone. 
But since I don't see a great new product coming from europe soon, I think the best chance for us to try something new is the new ball. 

-------------
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 2:55pm
The new ball will trigger a new range from Butterfly, definitely. They won't miss the opportunity the ball change offers them. From a marketing perspective, it's perfect. They will have thousands of disgruntled players, all looking to find equipment which nullifies the effect of the poly ball as much as possible.

Personally, I'm not bothered about the poly situation yet. I can only deal with what I know now - I need a fresh sheet of something for my BH for next season, and I've said what my thinking is about 80-fx. When the poly ball arrives, and I have to use it at my local league level, I'll have another think. By then, some of the dust will have settled in the market, and there will be enough info for me to make an informed choice.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 3:30pm

Now a question for the PhD in SRR (Soft Rubber Research): why ditch M3 for the Aurus Soft/ 1Q Sound on the JRE?

OT, so I won't go on too much. It was a very personal decision. M3 was my FH rubber for a while, and I was over the moon with it. Some of the shots I could make with that rubber were crazy. Huge arc, off the floor, in the corner kind of shots. Good for my ego.

However, I found that against better players, it became something of a liability. The high arc just resulted in too much height on the ball, allowing the opponent to smash. Some players didn't want to move and would attempt a block - they tended to miss, and I did well. The better players had decent footwork and a better read on the spin. I found it hard to vary my game with M3 - I became a bit one dimensional. All my hard loops had huge cartoon arcs. It took me a whole season to work out what was happening.

The current gen of tensors are really different to the last. 1Q Sound is my current FH rubber, and I'll probably be keeping that for next season. It keeps a lot of the loop quality of M3, but it's lower throw. It's less bouncy in the short game, less sensitive to spin, more linear, and smashes/blocks better. It plays well in every aspect of my game, rather than excelling in a few.

Aurus Soft is my default BH rubber, but I play better with T64-FX on the BH with the JRE, and my sig is out of date.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 3:30pm
Butterfly will obviously play their cards close to their chest at the moment. Still, the first bits of "next-gen" news are dripping out:

http://en.butterflymag.com/2014/02/the-new-butterfly-tec-headquarter/" rel="nofollow - http://en.butterflymag.com/2014/02/the-new-butterfly-tec-headquarter/

"Now, developping at the same time is another seed to generate a rubber of the next generation which surpasses the TENERGY series" (sic)

-------------

Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 4:19pm
OMG "surpasses" Tenergy Series. Thanks Andy for the info.

I can see it now...Hyper spin and laser speed!    

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: beeray1
Date Posted: 03/19/2014 at 10:26pm
From a business perspective, it's stupid to not have it. It would be the only missing possibility in their line. People are going to buy it. Bottom line. 

Posted By: ttping85
Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 6:32am
T80 ist the most allround from the regular Tenergy rubbers. T80FX will be the most allround from FX sponge Tenergy rubbers. No reason to not release it. It will be perfect for T80 fans who want softer sponge and don't mind the loss of power. The T64FX fans who want more control and don't mind the loss of speed. The T05FX fans who want softer topsheet and don't mind the loss of spin.

-------------
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Posted By: ChrisUK
Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 9:54am
I'm very interested in T80-FX.

I currently use T05-FX in 1.7mm on my forehand and long pips on my backhand. The spin I can generate from the T05-FX is superb and as a close to the table looper, it suits my style very well.

However I would like to see what T80-FX offers and for that reason I am interested in it. 

-------------
The Twiddler

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 10:52am
The regular T80 is already too soft. I have a pretty new sheet that has a bad cut right in the middle, so I don't use it in the club, but I put it on yasaka gatien .. a blade with hard outer plies, not sure what they are.. and use it at work. It feels so damn soft on a hard blade. FX in that rubber is unthinkable to me. I don't know a single rubber where I prefer the soft sponge over the hard one.

-------------
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 11:34am

Personally, I enjoy T64-fx on the Rossi Emotion. It's linear, the right kind of softness and speed for me, great. It's not particularly threatening for the opposition, but OK. T05-fx I find harder to use on the JRE. It's fairly controlled over the table, but becomes wild on bigger strokes. The combination of rubber and blade do not suit me, even though T05-fx offers more dangerous shots when BH looping.

I've been very surprised with the difference between T05-fx and T64-fx. They are markedly different, in fact. I would like something in the middle of the two, for my setup. Based on my experience with the JRE, I think T80-fx could offer a best fit for my needs. I could be totally wrong, but I'm curious enough to give it a try. I'm not expecting anything revolutionary. Just a slight tweak on current stuff.

This may all be based on my blade choice. I wouldn't be shocked if other people can't feel much difference between 05-fx and 64-fx on their blades, making a middle option somewhat redundant.

In my opinion (and you seem to say smth along the same lines) T-64 FX is not a Tenergy rubber at all. There is no need for it to exist even since it is playing as so many other rubbers (and cheaper ones too) on the market. It has no Tenergy-like qualities whatsoever and there is a huge difference in feeling between T-05 FX and T-64 FX, imho. But to each his own... Wink

-------------

Posted By: slevin
Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 12:12pm
They're saturating the market with the FX versions but refuse to bring out a 47.5 deg Tenergy

-------------
Trade feedback:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50787

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 12:19pm

They're saturating the market with the FX versions but refuse to bring out a 47.5 deg Tenergy

^^ absolutely! 

-------------

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 12:32pm
I respectfully disagree that T64FX is not a viable Tenergy rubber. BTY was seeking a wide range of traits within the Tenergy family that would cover a wide range of players. One size does not fit all.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: ttping85
Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 2:12pm
same here. It's true that T64FX is quite bouncy for a Tenergy rubber but difficult to find a rubber as soft and as linear as T64FX. It's not as linear as other Tenergy rubbers but more linear than all other tensors with the same hardness.

-------------
My list of blades for sale https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wYci9423byd3X43DhSsaXOmysNKMfK-RnPWSo3UfpkQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Posted By: 1dennistt
Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:08pm
It might have something to do with the way SpinArt has been received.  They may be reluctant to bring out another hard spring sponged rubber.  Or they could be holding them for the "New Plastic Ball" release of rubber we are all expecting. Wink
I agree with the posters who say Tenergy 80 is soft, expecially coming from the Bluefire M2 I have been using.

-------------
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by ttping85 ttping85 wrote:

same here. It's true that T64FX is quite bouncy for a Tenergy rubber but difficult to find a rubber as soft and as linear as T64FX. It's not as linear as other Tenergy rubbers but more linear than all other tensors with the same hardness.

There are three qualities that almost all Tenergy rubbers share

a) characteristic "deadness" (lack of spring-like reaction) to slow balls in slow shots, which allows nice control at the net, controlled blocking, good dropshots

b) very grippy topsheet, second in that regard only to sticky Chinese-style rubbers

c) very nice spring catapult acceleration on strong shots including power topspin loops etc. (some people don't like it since it could be very non-linear and requires a lot of practice to get used to).

T-64 FX lacks A and mostly even C (due to its linearity... nice speed doesn't mean there is a catapult) and I am not even sure that B - topsheet grippiness - is as good as with other Tenergies. That is why I say they should not have released it as a Tenergy rubber, that just confuses people who buy it thinking it is a Tenergy.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

The regular T80 is already too soft. I have a pretty new sheet that has a bad cut right in the middle, so I don't use it in the club, but I put it on yasaka gatien .. a blade with hard outer plies, not sure what they are.. and use it at work. It feels so damn soft on a hard blade. FX in that rubber is unthinkable to me. I don't know a single rubber where I prefer the soft sponge over the hard one.

With respect, everyone has different preferences when it comes to their setup, it's quite a personal thing.

I've tried regular T80 and found if too hard so I'm looking forward to seeing what the FX version is like. Whilst the FX rubber might be unthinkable to you, I've always preferred using them. Neither of us are wrong, we just like different things.

-------------
The Twiddler

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

In my opinion (and you seem to say smth along the same lines) T-64 FX is not a Tenergy rubber at all. There is no need for it to exist even since it is playing as so many other rubbers (and cheaper ones too) on the market. It has no Tenergy-like qualities whatsoever and there is a huge difference in feeling between T-05 FX and T-64 FX, imho. But to each his own... Wink

Presumably, T64-FX is just the 64 topsheet on the FX sponge. So it's still pretty much Tenergy. Maybe something about combining these two components washes out some of the Tenergy feel of the rubber. If nothing else, it serves as an interesting case of how small structural changes in the rubber makeup can result in big changes overall.

I preferred 05-FX as a BH rubber on harder blades, but I can't stand it on softer blades. I tried it on the XZQ, Waldner Legend, and the JRE, and seemed erratic to me. Also, I play a lot of my BH stuff close-in, and 05-FX was poor there on these blades. But 64-FX felt right. And I've used a LOT of other rubbers in its class on the BH too - I just feel that 64-FX is the best fit on the JRE for me amongst them all. At full Tenergy prices I wouldn't bother with 64-FX - there are a lot of tensors which are close to it these days. But at £35 a pop (rather than £50), I can stomach it, and it feels more solid and reliable to me. My previous long-termer was Aurus Soft, and it's excellent, but I do get the occasional odd event where I feel the topsheet has slipped in some way (this is the red one, if that matters).

-------------

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by ChrisUK ChrisUK wrote:

Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

With respect, everyone has different preferences when it comes to their setup, it's quite a personal thing.

I've tried regular T80 and found if too hard so I'm looking forward to seeing what the FX version is like. Whilst the FX rubber might be unthinkable to you, I've always preferred using them. Neither of us are wrong, we just like different things.

Sid has some very - err - unorthodox opinions about soft (or even medium) sponges.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:28pm

Presumably, T64-FX is just the 64 topsheet on the FX sponge. So it's still pretty much Tenergy. Maybe something about combining these two components washes out some of the Tenergy feel of the rubber. If nothing else, it serves as an interesting case of how small structural changes in the rubber makeup can result in big changes overall.

I preferred 05-FX as a BH rubber on harder blades, but I can't stand it on softer blades. I tried it on the XZQ, Waldner Legend, and the JRE, and seemed erratic to me. Also, I play a lot of my BH stuff close-in, and 05-FX was poor there on these blades. But 64-FX felt right. And I've used a LOT of other rubbers in its class on the BH too - I just feel that 64-FX is the best fit on the JRE for me amongst them all. At full Tenergy prices I wouldn't bother with 64-FX - there are a lot of tensors which are close to it these days. But at £35 a pop (rather than £50), I can stomach it, and it feels more solid and reliable to me. My previous long-termer was Aurus Soft, and it's excellent, but I do get the occasional odd event where I feel the topsheet has slipped in some way (this is the red one, if that matters).

I actually liked Aurus Soft on FH more than BH. It's ok on BH too but I am more in need of a grippier topsheet on my BH than on FH... go figure.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 3:36pm

I actually liked Aurus Soft on FH more than BH. It's ok on BH too but I am more in need of a grippier topsheet on my BH than on FH... go figure.

As a wise JimT once said - to each his own.   

My BH is quite sensitive to rubber changes, and since I've been using hinoki outers it has been tricky for me to find something with a good balance. I just find that 64-FX gives me the best balance on my BH side of all the sheets I've tried. Ideally, I'd like slightly more spin/arc/throw, but not as much as 05-FX, so...

-------------

Posted By: CraneStyle
Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 5:11pm
@ AndySmith - I've tried T64-FX and it does work at lifting backspin and balls off the table from serves.

I couldn't exactly bond with it though and found I netted more shots than usual during rallies.

Don't know if you've tried T25-FX..? It might be what you're looking for in terms of spin, arc and more power...

-------------
1. Mizutani Jun ZLC, FH T80, BH T05

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by CraneStyle CraneStyle wrote:

@ AndySmith - I've tried T64-FX and it does work at lifting backspin and balls off the table from serves.

I couldn't exactly bond with it though and found I netted more shots than usual during rallies.

Don't know if you've tried T25-FX..? It might be what you're looking for in terms of spin, arc and more power...

25-fx is the only tenergy I've never owned. I've always been curious, but it's not as popular as the others so I haven't had much chance to even have a knock with it.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/20/2014 at 6:26pm
I have tried T-25 FX and liked it a lot. I think you might find it better suited to your style than both T-05 FX and T-64 FX... I think it is somewhere in the middle. I only played with a slower version of it - 1.7 mm - but I intend to try out 1.9-2.1 mm... not sure which one to spend my money on.

Andy, if you decide to buy one and test it, let me know - perhaps we could split it... say, you buy 1.9 and I buy 2.1 and then we swap them to test one after another and decide which one is better for each of us.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/17/2014 at 12:38pm
Tenergy 80 FX review...

Another great review by the TableTennisDaily.UK Guys...

http://youtu.be/v6ZhiE_mMYY

Maybe someone can embed the video in their post.

I'm new to this...

-------------

Posted By: regiz.rugenz
Date Posted: 04/17/2014 at 4:34pm

Tenergy 80 FX review...

Another great review by the TableTennisDaily.UK Guys...

http://youtu.be/v6ZhiE_mMYY

Maybe someone can embed the video in their post.

I'm new to this...

can't embed.. the uploader sets embedding off.

-------------
Regiz°ᆗ
Rosewood_Carbon/Huricane_King   °FH:Vega_Japan/T64FX   °BH:OmegaV_Euro/Rasant
°°°°

Posted By: Pondus
Date Posted: 04/17/2014 at 4:52pm

Date Posted: 04/17/2014 at 5:50pm
@Pondus - Nice one...

-------------

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 04/17/2014 at 6:02pm
T25 has a major counterintuitive throw from distance in all versions.

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Date Posted: 04/17/2014 at 6:26pm

If BTY were smart they would lower the price to $40USD then sales would be off the charts thus increasing profit margins and more players would try a Tenergy rubber.

Present Tenergy prices are cost prohibitive.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: haggisv
Date Posted: 04/17/2014 at 6:32pm
Here was my review, done a few weeks ago:
http://tabletennis-reviews.com/tenergy-80-fx-review" rel="nofollow - http://tabletennis-reviews.com/tenergy-80-fx-review

In a nutshel, it's quite similar to T05FX, which only a few minor differences. It's a good rubber though.

-------------
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
http://tabletennisshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=page&id=42" rel="nofollow - Tenergy Alternatives | http://tabletennis-reviews.com" rel="nofollow - My TT Articles

Posted By: Matt Pimple
Date Posted: 04/17/2014 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

sales would be off the charts thus increasing profit margins
That's incorrect! Profit margins are higher with a higher sales price but the sales volume might be higher with a lower price. Wink 

-------------
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55835&title=feed-back-for-matt-pimple" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Date Posted: 04/17/2014 at 6:37pm
@frogger - That's not going to happen...

Just look at the number of blades people have and display (I'm also guilty), when we can only play with one...?

We are openly displaying our disposable income.

I think the whole rubber market has been inflated due to the price of Tenergy.

Butterfly just got in first...

-------------

Posted By: Ray
Date Posted: 04/18/2014 at 1:45am

True. And if you look at the new Stiga and Tibhar rubbers, their MSRP/RRP are almost as high as Tenergy. However, the most expensive rubber I ever bought was less than 29eur incl. shipping.

-------------
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com" rel="nofollow - https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
https://fb.me/spinnier" rel="nofollow - fb.me/spinnier

Date Posted: 04/18/2014 at 5:06am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

True. And if you look at the new Stiga and Tibhar rubbers, their MSRP/RRP are almost as high as Tenergy. However, the most expensive rubber I ever bought was less than 29eur incl. shipping.

More power to you Ray...

I had a smoke of a free Tenergy and now I'm hooked for life...

-------------

Date Posted: 04/18/2014 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Nice find, Pondus, thanks. I looked at their site a short time ago, specifically hoping to find this review and did not see it yet. Must be quite fresh. Thanks again.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/19/2014 at 10:49am

T80FX now available at www.butterflyonline.com

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: Snakefish
Date Posted: 04/24/2014 at 9:12pm
Got my T80FX sheets today. It's like Xmas in April  Tongue

Hopefully I can try it out this weekend. Just trying to figure out which blade to glue 1 sheet for BH use

-------------
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max

Posted By: right2niru
Date Posted: 06/04/2014 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

Hopefully I can try it out this weekend. Just trying to figure out which blade to glue 1 sheet for BH use

How do you compare it against your existing BH rubbers ? How Does T 80 FX play ? 

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Posted By: proSpin
Date Posted: 06/04/2014 at 8:46am
Bought a tenergy 80 fx red 2.1mm to try last week Big smile
Weighs 43g cut to Jun mizutani size. 

After a few hits with t80 fx on the bh of my Jun Mizutani, i find the feeling to be the closest to tenergy 05, probably a lighter version. Lifting backspin isn't much of a problem, however it is still quite sensitive to spin compared to tenergy 05fx. Rubber gives a nice clicking sound when blocking topspin shots, also relatively lower throw when looping compared to t05 and t05fx.
I have tried T80 before, not really to my liking in terms of hardness, speed and spin and weight. But for t80fx, it is pretty impressive. May need more time to utilise the rubber fully. 

Comparing T80fx to T05fx & T05
Spin :
(T05 > T80fx > T05fx)

Speed :
(T80fx > T05 > T05fx)

Control:
(T05fx > T05 > T80fx)

Note that this is based on what i feel. May not be the same for the rest of us. 
Hope this helps a little.

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=52684&KW=kenet&PID=649009&title=feedback-prospin#649009" rel="nofollow - My Feedbacks

Date Posted: 06/04/2014 at 12:11pm
My T80FX feels like a strange bird compared to T05FX and T64FX. I will need to give it more playing time to decide to keep it or not.

-------------
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Posted By: kakapo
Date Posted: 06/04/2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

After a few hits with t80 fx on the bh of my Jun Mizutani, i find the feeling to be the closest to tenergy 05, probably a lighter version. Lifting backspin isn't much of a problem, however it is still quite sensitive to spin compared to tenergy 05fx. Rubber gives a nice clicking sound when blocking topspin shots, also relatively lower throw when looping compared to t05 and t05fx.
I have tried T80 before, not really to my liking in terms of hardness, speed and spin and weight. But for t80fx, it is pretty impressive. May need more time to utilise the rubber fully. 

Spin :
(T05 > T80fx > T05fx)

Speed :
(T80fx > T05 > T05fx)

Control:
(T05fx > T05 > T80fx)

Well, for me it is much slower than the 05 one but the control is better :))) It's really a unique sport...so many different ways of playing with the same material !!!!

Posted By: proSpin
Date Posted: 06/04/2014 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Originally posted by proSpin proSpin wrote:

Spin :
(T05 > T80fx > T05fx)

Speed :
(T80fx > T05 > T05fx)

Control:
(T05fx > T05 > T80fx)

Well, for me it is much slower than the 05 one but the control is better :))) It's really a unique sport...so many different ways of playing with the same material !!!!

Maybe my backhand stroke gives a different feel of ball 

-------------
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=52684&KW=kenet&PID=649009&title=feedback-prospin#649009" rel="nofollow - My Feedbacks

Posted By: Snakefish
Date Posted: 06/04/2014 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

How do you compare it against your existing BH rubbers ? How Does T 80 FX play ? 

I changed my mind, didn't use it as BH.
Instead, I used it as FH on Donic Walder Legend Carbon blade. Man, this is a treat to play. I know this blade is fast, but the match allowed me effortless FH loops & loop drives. Push shots were normal, nothing to write home about. Blocking control was above average. I managed to get a lot of feel from this blade. FH counter-hitting, ball just zings off the rubber. I like T80FX over T80 because of more feedback.

-------------
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max

Date Posted: 06/05/2014 at 12:40am

Originally posted by right2niru right2niru wrote:

I changed my mind, didn't use it as BH.
Instead, I used it as FH on Donic Walder Legend Carbon blade. Man, this is a treat to play. I know this blade is fast, but the match allowed me effortless FH loops & loop drives. Push shots were normal, nothing to write home about. Blocking control was above average. I managed to get a lot of feel from this blade. FH counter-hitting, ball just zings off the rubber. I like T80FX over T80 because of more feedback.

I did put it on my BH of my Backup paddle and did group training tonight and T 80 FX is an interesting rubber , it doesn't really excels in one particular aspect but it's control to speed ratio is amazing with spin producing capabilities. It is really effortless to produce a loop on BH over push and punches also felt great to execute however the height of the ball is the key for punches and it doesn't forgive mistiming on punches . Blocks felt great and very controlled and i could do everything from sidespin block to chop block effortlessly , possibly due to its top sheet , drop shots and open flicks also felt great. 

For now it will remain in my Backup paddle on BH instead of T64 till i explore it completely but initial impressions are great. 

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Posted By: Johnny Erasure
Date Posted: 06/05/2014 at 1:53am
How sensitive is T80FX from the spin that comes from the opponent, as it involves the receipt of services?

-------------
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j

Date Posted: 06/05/2014 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Johnny Erasure Johnny Erasure wrote:

How sensitive is T80FX from the spin that comes from the opponent, as it involves the receipt of services?

It seems the least sensitive of the Tenergy series so far.

-------------
ZJK SZLC |5Q+

Date Posted: 06/13/2014 at 7:02am
I have 80-FX and agree that it feels as if it has the best control of the Tenergy range (well that is from the rubbers that I've tried).

-------------
The Twiddler

Date Posted: 07/08/2014 at 10:16am
I've only had my 80-fx for a week, but I really like it on my BH.

I used 05-fx for a season, and liked it apart from the elastic behaviour. From distance, it was a dream. I found it slingy on faster stokes. I found it difficult to judge in some situations - generally when coming back into the table from distance for a kill.

I then moved to 64-fx. Overall, I preferred it to 05-fx. It was rock solid, dependable, linear, lower throw. It didn't do anything special (and so seems expensive for what it is), and it wasn't as effortless as 05-fx when lifting backspin or looping.

80-fx seems close to 05-fx for me in many respects. It still slings the ball out and high on hard stokes, just not so high. It does feel much more reserved over the table than 05-fx though, and this was my main quibble. And it feels quite insensitive to spin on thin contacts, so lifting backspin is easy once more. I immediately felt comfortable with it. Blocking very, very hard incoming loops (loop drives, really) was a bit tricky, but it's a fresh sheet and feels a bit lively at the top end.

Good rubber, a nice balance of stuff for my BH.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/30/2014 at 9:46am
I put my comments on T-80 FX in another thread (about comparison with T-05 FX).

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66908&PID=829822&#829822" rel="nofollow - http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66908&PID=829822&#829822

Basically I think it is a worthy rubber but should not be used on soft blades (I would advise against thick hinoki blades for this one). A little bit too much of a catapult, imho - but for some people that could be a plus.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net