Print Page | Close Window

Rating estimation experts.. Rate those players

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Pictures & Videos
Forum Name: Videos
Forum Description: Post table tennis video download information here.
Moderator: mickd
Assistant Moderators:

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=66278
Printed Date: 04/28/2024 at 8:31am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Rating estimation experts.. Rate those players
Posted By: Pushblocker
Subject: Rating estimation experts.. Rate those players
Date Posted: 04/20/2014 at 3:13pm
There are 3 players in the video. They DO have USATT ratings and if you know any of them, please do NOT participate in the rating estimation. Just wanted to see how accurate the guesses here are..

There are 3 players in the videos. They all live in Florida but are not Florida natives..

-------------
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand

Replies:
Posted By: ChichoFicho
Date Posted: 04/20/2014 at 4:05pm
~1800

-------------
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen

Posted By: mts388
Date Posted: 04/20/2014 at 4:22pm
I'll describe the players as white shirt, black shirt and LP'er.

I thought white shirt was the best.  Excellent variety of serves, good at returning serves and blocking.  Forehands and backhands were nice.  He didn't move well, but had good reach to compensate.  Videos usually make you look worse than you are, so I'll put him at 2100.

Black shirt had nice loops and moved well.  Not much in the way of serves, but was okay.  Seemed to miss shots that he should have hit.  I'd put him at 1900.

LP'er seemed to know how to use the pips and had good forehand loops.  White shirt knew how to handle the pips so LP'er may have been better than he looked.  His rating would be determined by how his opponents understood his pips.  I'd put him at 1850-1950.

Posted By: LUCKYLOOP
Date Posted: 04/20/2014 at 5:52pm

Only watched 1st 5 minutes !

Guess - estimate - both players range 1800-2000

edit - misspelled word

-------------
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX

Posted By: mts388
Date Posted: 04/20/2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Only watched 1st 5 minutes !

Guessimate - both players range 1800-2000

I agreed with you after the first 5 minutes, but I thought white shirt handled the LP'er so well than I moved him up.

Posted By: BH-Man
Date Posted: 04/20/2014 at 6:00pm
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000 seems right. They got balance and movement and shots and tactics enough for that level.

-------------
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc

Date Posted: 04/20/2014 at 6:00pm
Interesting guesses so far.. keep 'em coming.. I will post actual ratings tomorrow.

-------------

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand

Posted By: hookumsnivy
Date Posted: 04/20/2014 at 7:16pm
This might be one of the tougher ones to guess.  

Guy in the white shirt without pips:
Serves seemed okay, but a number of them went long.  He didn't vary the placement of the serve too much, but seemed to mix up the spin well.  His opponents weren't taking advantage of his longer servers enough.
Service return - very consistent however almost all of them were long pushes and not at difficult angles.  This might have to do with his opponents though.  Neither opponent had a powerful close to the table loop so this could be considered a smart play.  On the other hand, if he were to do this against a strong 2000 player with a powerful loop, he'd be in big trouble.
FH attacks - this aspect of his game I find the most interesting.  For the most part he played it very safe, but on occasion he would rip one past his opponent.  Were they easy balls he chose to attack, or was he holding back at other times?  He was content getting into looping rallies and did well in there and was able to add power quite easily especially when backing up to mid distance.  
FH blocks - they seemed very awkward to me but were consistent.  I would have liked to see how he blocked against stronger loops.  The 1st opponent didn't seem to have much oomph behind his loops until he stepped away from the table a bit.  
BH attacks - if the ball was above the net, his bh was dangerous.  We didn't see too many low underspin balls that he attacked from his BH so I can't really comment on that.
BH blocks - consistent but for the most part seemed to be keep it on the table blocks as opposed to moving my opponent around to force an error or create an opening for a counter attack.

I want to say around 2000, but part of me thinks a 2000 player with a strong loop would have a field day w/ all the long pushes and loose serves.  For that reason, I'm going to say 1850.

Guy in the black shirt:
Serves seemed simple and gave very little trouble to his opponent.
Serve return for the most part was pretty good, but made some mistakes.  Didn't take proper advantage of longer serves.
Loops - very consistent loops from both wings, but clearly lacked power until he stepped away from the table.  He was being dared to loop by his opponent and had a lot of trouble getting 1 by him.  Also, the location of his loops were very predictable which made blocking easier.
Blocking - not enough information to form an opinion because he opened more often than not.
I'm going to say around 1700 based on the consistency of the loops alone.

I'm not going to guess on the pips player.

Posted By: DDreamer
Date Posted: 04/20/2014 at 7:23pm
I only watched the first 2 guys. Maybe 2100ish.

-------------
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Posted By: jrscatman
Date Posted: 04/20/2014 at 11:40pm
Guy in black shirt 1800
Guy in the white sleeve less - 2000
Guy in white shirt 2200

-------------
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX

Posted By: ByeByeAbout
Date Posted: 04/20/2014 at 11:57pm
first two guys 1100 canadian...

just watched 3rd guy...he's also 1100'ish canadian

these guys are average rec players and would get about 4 pts off me..6 at the most.

regards
rick

-------------
WORLDS BEST All AROUND ATHLETE 2007-2013 CURRENT USA TT LEVEL: 2300

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:04am
Ok, here is the answer..

The guy in the white sleeveless shirt is 2069
The guy in the black shirt is approx. 2100 (he used to be 2200 but hasn't played tournaments in years)
The long pips guy is 2126 rated and has been as high as 2178 recently

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:07am
Wow...thanks - got the guy in the black shirt wrong - didn't think he was that high!

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

Ok, here is the answer..

The guy in the black shirt is approx. 2100 (he used to be 2200 but hasn't played tournaments in years)

that doesn't surprise me....again...1100 canadian...1250 tops..

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:12am
Originally posted by ByeByeAbout ByeByeAbout wrote:

Ok, here is the answer..

regards
rick
Hmmm I think your conversions are off - might want to fire up the calculator again. You can hold a 2000 US level player to under 6 points? You must talking about your coach Wang Zhen.

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:14am
Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

Ok, here is the answer..

regards
rick
Hmmm I think your conversions are off - might want to fire up the calculator again. You can hold a 2000 US level player to under 6 points? You must talking about your coach Wang Zhen.

jr

i could hold each player under 6.    wang would hold them to 1-2 pts each.   they are average rec players

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:15am
Do I win the cupie doll for my 2100 guess?

I will also guess that rick is 2500ish.

-------------
I know that faster equipment will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:16am

Wow...thanks - got the guy in the black shirt wrong - didn't think he was that high!
It's hard to estimate his current playing level as he hasn't been playing tournaments in several years. At the club, I've never seen any sub 2000 players beat him. Especially against slower styles he is very strong.
The guy in the sleeveless shirt is a improving player. His rating might not reflect his current playing level. I would say that he plays 2100 level right now but he has problems with certain styles.. For example, he has never beaten me but he takes games off me from time to time. The long pips player has been averaging 2100's for years even though he has dropped lower occasionally but most of the time he is around 2100. He can beat very strong players if the style matches up well. I've seen him take games off 2400 playes many times. He plays very well against me and we beat each other more or less 50/50. Our matches usually go 5 games. We know each other's games very well and any outcome is possible.. I usually play him 2 or 3 times every Friday.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:21am

It's hard to estimate his current playing level as he hasn't been playing tournaments in several years. At the club, I've never seen any sub 2000 players beat him. Especially against slower styles he is very strong.
The guy in the sleeveless shirt is a improving player. His rating might not reflect his current playing level. I would say that he plays 2100 level right now but he has problems with certain styles.. For example, he has never beaten me but he takes games off me from time to time. The long pips player has been averaging 2100's for years even though he has dropped lower occasionally but most of the time he is around 2100. He can beat very strong players if the style matches up well. I've seen him take games off 2400 playes many times. He plays very well against me and we beat each other more or less 50/50. Our matches usually go 5 games. We know each other's games very well and any outcome is possible..

suffice to say that it doesn't really start to resemble table tennis until it gets around 2800

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:25am

Ok, here is the answer..

regards
rick

jr

i could hold each player under 6.    wang would hold them to 1-2 pts each.   they are average rec players

regards
rick

there is a good chance that I will be in Vancouver this summer or fall. I would like to play you when I'm there. My playing level should be 1300 canadian max based on your estimations as I'm only 2155 us rating right now, so you should take me easily!

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:31am
Take your camera PB! 

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:33am

Ok, here is the answer..

regards
rick

jr

i could hold each player under 6.    wang would hold them to 1-2 pts each.   they are average rec players

regards
rick

there is a good chance that I will be in Vancouver this summer or fall. I would like to play you when I'm there. My playing level should be 1300 canadian max based on your estimations as I'm only 2155 us rating right now, so you should take me easily!

iv'e seen full matches of you pb....you're better than 1300 canadian....gun to my head i put you at 1500-1650 canadian as you are more consistent than these guys you're posting about.

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:39am

Ok, here is the answer..

regards
rick

jr

i could hold each player under 6.    wang would hold them to 1-2 pts each.   they are average rec players

regards
rick
Rick,
Do you have any recent videos of your TT? I saw the killershot - but that was only 1 shot - longer one would much appreciated. 
Thanks
Good luck in the match with Pushblocker!

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:42am

Ok, here is the answer..

regards
rick

jr

regards
rick

iv'e seen full matches of you pb....you're better than 1300 canadian....gun to my head i put you at 1500-1650 canadian as you are more consistent than these guys you're posting about.

regards
rick

btw, here is the last game of a match against a canadian player who was rated 2500 canadian at the time of the match and 2600 right now..

I was also 60 lbs heavier at that match.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:44am
I'm a little confused. The guys in the clip are US2100 and are apparently 1100-1250 canadian. PB is US2155 and yet 1500-1650 canadian. I know Im not good at maths but...

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:51am
Originally posted by DDreamer DDreamer wrote:

I'm a little confused. The guys in the clip are US2100 and are apparently 1100-1250 canadian. PB is US2155 and yet 1500-1650 canadian. I know Im not good at maths but...

also check the match above of me against #39 in canada at the time of the match (2500 canadian rating at the time) and I won. I have beaten several canadian players above canadian 2100 rating at the various team tournaments that I played.. Example.. Ben Bispham, Bryan Michaud. I did however lose to 2500 canada rated Teddy Wu in 5.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:52am

I don't have any stats to back me up - but I would say a 2000 player in Canada & USA are about equal. 

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Posted By: GMan4911
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:52am

btw, here is the last game of a match against a canadian player who was rated 2500 canadian at the time of the match and 2600 right now..

Bryan Michaud was USATT 2163 at the time.

-------------
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:56am

I don't have any stats to back me up - but I would say a 2000 player in Canada & USA are about equal. 
I'm afraid you must be incorrect. Rick says US2100 is 1100-1250 Canadian. My money is on Rick's judgement.Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:56am

also check the match above of me against #39 in canada at the time of the match (2500 canadian rating at the time) and I won. I have beaten several canadian players above canadian 2100 rating at the various team tournaments that I played.. Example.. Ben Bispham, Bryan Michaud. I did however lose to 2500 canada rated Teddy Wu in 5.
Pushblocker,
I don't think you should count those guys - I don't think they have the experience to beat you. They were either juniors or just turned 18 - I don't think junior players have any chance against you. (maybe pips players). Not familiar with Teddy Wu.

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:59am
Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

he had 1 bad us tournament and dropped. He was mid 2300s just one or 2 tournaments earlier.

btw, I also beat Matthew Theriault in 2011 3:0. He is 2800 canadian now and was 2849 canadian when I destroyed him 3:0

http://216.119.100.169/history/rating/History/Tresult.asp?Tid=3534&Pid=20412&Blow=1

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:19am

haa..now that is funny.    those 3 players over 2000 US are 1400'ish canadian..

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:21am

Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

he had 1 bad us tournament and dropped. He was mid 2300s just one or 2 tournaments earlier.

btw, I also beat Matthew Theriault in 2011 3:0. He is 2800 canadian now and was 2849 canadian when I destroyed him 3:0

http://216.119.100.169/history/rating/History/Tresult.asp?Tid=3534&Pid=20412&Blow=1

no doubt you catch a few people off guard with your cheating.  good for you..

and thats how you will be remembered.

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:27am

regards
rick
Do these people regularly play tournaments on both sides of the boarder. The fact there is discrepancy in the rating means nothing - other than all the US players are in a mad panic every time they have to play a Canadian.

I am talking about player skills - any player 2000 in Canada is on par with 2000 player in USA. Perhaps people on the board who play both sides of the border can confirm what I'm saying.

Pushblocker - has played high level Canadian players - he can compare them with other 2000 players in the USA. 

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Posted By: Egghead
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:28am

Pushblocker,
I don't think you should count those guys - I don't think they have the experience to beat you. They were either juniors or just turned 18 - I don't think junior players have any chance against you. (maybe pips players). Not familiar with Teddy Wu.

-------------
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:31am
Thanks Egghead

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:36am

Rick,
Do you have any recent videos of your TT? I saw the killershot - but that was only 1 shot - longer one would much appreciated. 
Thanks
Good luck in the match with Pushblocker!

I would also be keen to see a video of rick. I'm sure one could learn much from watching such a fine player.

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:37am

regards
rick
Do these people regularly play tournaments on both sides of the boarder. The fact there is discrepancy in the rating means nothing - other than all the US players are in a mad panic every time they have to play a Canadian.

I am talking about player skills - any player 2000 in Canada is on par with 2000 player in USA. Perhaps people on the board who play both sides of the border can confirm what I'm saying.

Pushblocker - has played high level Canadian players - he can compare them with other 2000 players in the USA. 

jr

i dont know how many different ways to say it.....those guys in the video are 1400'ish canadian....it's irrelevant what they are in US terms (to me)....im just saying what they are when  they step north of the border.....   again...they are average recreational players any way you want to slice it....

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:47am
I guess pushblocker's idea about rating players with known rating still generates a debate.

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:21am

I guess pushblocker's idea about rating players with known rating still generates a debate.

i wholeheartedly support anything that generates a debate.  Clap

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 7:10am

regards
rick

Wow, now you accuse me of cheating. How pathetic. You can't win the argument as I present facts and all you have is claims that can be proven COMPLETELY wrong if you look at canadians who have participated in US tournaments. It's nowhere close to the level that you claim. It's just a fact.
You think that if someone has a nice looking stroke, they are automatically good LOL

BTW, here is another one.. NA Team 2009, I beat Ben Bispham 11:6 11:6 11:6 and he was 2274 canadian rating at the time.. I can look up more as I've played many canadians over the years.. Another example is a player (Lukmon Oseni) who played in Canada for a while and then went to the US.. He was 2716 rated (canadian) and when he came to the US, he was only a low to mid 2200 player...

All that you post is "OPINION" and not backed up by any facts.
If you look at the facts, it shows that you are full of sh*t!

-------------

Posted By: NextLevel
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 7:38am
Guys, hasn't Rick made enough disagreeable and unsubstantiated claims about his level and the levels of others for moderators to seriously visit the question of whether his presence on this forum is worth tolerating this behavior?

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...

Posted By: BRS
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 7:47am
He's a troll, what do you expect him to do?

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 7:50am
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

He's a troll, what do you expect him to do?
The same thing I expect moderators to do!

-------------
https://youtu.be/jhO4K_yFhh8?t=115" rel="nofollow - I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon

Posted By: yogi_bear
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 8:22am
nextlevel, actually we are discussing about it

-------------
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Posted By: Chopper88
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:04am
Hi Rick

I had play Johnny Huang before, one of the best player from your country, I'm about 2000ish and I can get more the 5 points, so should I be higher rated the those guys?

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:20am

regards
rick

Wow, now you accuse me of cheating. How pathetic. You can't win the argument as I present facts and all you have is claims that can be proven COMPLETELY wrong if you look at canadians who have participated in US tournaments. It's nowhere close to the level that you claim. It's just a fact.
You think that if someone has a nice looking stroke, they are automatically good LOL

BTW, here is another one.. NA Team 2009, I beat Ben Bispham 11:6 11:6 11:6 and he was 2274 canadian rating at the time.. I can look up more as I've played many canadians over the years.. Another example is a player (Lukmon Oseni) who played in Canada for a while and then went to the US.. He was 2716 rated (canadian) and when he came to the US, he was only a low to mid 2200 player...

All that you post is "OPINION" and not backed up by any facts.
If you look at the facts, it shows that you are full of sh*t!

hi pb

i think we will have to agree to disagree....yes, to me using lp is cheating...not officially of course...but cheating none-the-less.    keep posting your vids though....as at least i appreciate those.

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

Hi Rick

I had play Johnny Huang before, one of the best player from your country, I'm about 2000ish and I can get more the 5 points, so should I be higher rated the those guys?

hi chopper

getting 5 pts from jh is a huge success, imo.   i can't see the other guys doing that.  jh is a beast.  if i ever played him my goal would be to get exactly 5 pts...

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:32am
But I'm one of those guys in PB video
Sometime a video cannot tell how well or bad the player is

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:38am

haha...nice...got me....well im guessing you're not the lp player cause jh would eat that alive....the big guy in the white had strong bh kills so thats where the pts probably came from...

unless im wrong...again

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:43am
I'm the LP player , it was the end of the night and getting past my bedtime ,

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:47am

I'm the LP player , it was the end of the night and getting past my bedtime ,

i guess your username would be a clue...duh...since you're the only guy i saw chopping....the club you're playing at looks excellent.....love lots of room

what exactly are you playing with and for how long?

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:07am
Been chopping for a few years now , but used to be a attacking pip player , cannot move like I used too so I switch to chopping with was great but just figure out the past two years that I need to move more
This club is good , only 3 days a week

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:10am

Well if you're ever in Vancouver - look up Rick. But be careful according to Rick - apparently your skills will drop off to a recreational level when you cross the Canadian border!LOL

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:19am

Been chopping for a few years now , but used to be a attacking pip player , cannot move like I used too so I switch to chopping with was great but just figure out the past two years that I need to move more
This club is good , only 3 days a week

thanks chop...what *exactly* is your set up...  lol....im talking about equipment....medics..medics..

seriously...i want to know what blade and rubbers you're using.

thanks
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:19am
Lol it's all good, it's hard to tell how a person play in videos , so no harm there, but I do have to say PB is a good at his style of play, not easy playing so close to the table with that fast reaction , it's hard to hit past him when his on

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:21am
Right now Defplay with H3-50 FH and P1 or Feint 3 in .5 mm LP

Posted By: cmetsbeltran15

Well if you're ever in Vancouver - look up Rick. But be careful according to Rick - apparently your skills will drop off to a recreational level when you cross the Canadian border!LOL

Nope, according to Rick, those of equal skill levels will have different ratings in the USA and Canada, which is true.

thats your spin on it jr....i never equated rec players with 'bad players'....technically we're all rec players... unless there is some pro that posts here that im unaware of..

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:47am

hi pb

i think we will have to agree to disagree....yes, to me using lp is cheating...not officially of course...but cheating none-the-less.    keep posting your vids though....as at least i appreciate those.

regards
rick

How is long pips cheating?? If equipment would be cheating, then inverted would take the cake.. Try to create the amount of spin that inverted does with short pips ox.. LOL
If it's the player and not the rubber that creates the spin, then it certainly should be possible with ox short pips!

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:51am

Lol it's all good, it's hard to tell how a person play in videos , so no harm there, but I do have to say PB is a good at his style of play, not easy playing so close to the table with that fast reaction , it's hard to hit past him when his on
I'm almost like a broken switch.. Sometimes I'm on and sometimes not.. It's frustrating.. However, you played very well recently against me, especially  last  Friday. 

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:02pm
Rick, please let me know what club you are playing in Vancouver as I will come to visit if I'll make it up AGAIN to Vancouver this summer.. I was just in Vancouver last October for a week and my wife wants to go back again this year...

I'll bring my camera and we can compare canadian vs. US Rating.. I play anybody with any canadian rating and then we can see what my 2155 rating is worth in Canada.. Then I'm going to post the video here, no matter if I lose to CDN 1500 players or not..

-------------

Posted By: in2spin
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:04pm
pb:  what was the issue late in your match with teddy wu?

that your racket hand/arm touched the table?

according to the rules, they only mention if your 'free hand' touches the table........

:)

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

pb:  what was the issue late in your match with teddy wu?

that your racket hand/arm touched the table?

according to the rules, they only mention if your 'free hand' touches the table........

I actually think that you can't touch the table at all. I also think that the ball might have hit my hand before it went past the end of the table..  Too bad as he missed the shot..

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:11pm
so, if in an attempt to retrieve a net dribbler, and you jump at the table (but do not move the table)

but, if your pinkie knuckle touches the table, while desperately trying to get the net the net dribbler

you lose the point?

2.10.01.13.02 his or her opponent touches the table with either hand before striking the ball; 

i found this

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:17pm

so, if in an attempt to retrieve a net dribbler, and you jump at the table (but do not move the table)
but, if your pinkie knuckle touches the table, while desperately trying to get the net the net dribbler
you lose the point?
Here is the point in question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0IQN-SK934&t=16m35s" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0IQN-SK934&t=16m35s
The reason PB lost the point was his body was above the table. His smash was returned and hit PB's arm which was over the table. Since the ball had not cleared the table and was obstructed - it is considered a good shot (ie. it would've landed on the table)

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:25pm
yeh, thanks jrscatman

i think i was trying to clarify if even if your racket hand touches the table, you lose the point

but, i looked further down the rules table

thanks again

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:26pm

you lose the point?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0IQN-SK934&t=16m35s" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0IQN-SK934&t=16m35s
The reason PB lost the point was his body was above the table. His smash was returned and hit PB's arm which was over the table. Since the ball had not cleared the table and was obstructed - it is considered a good shot (ie. it would've landed on the table)
I believe that this is the rule that applied.. He correctly got that point!
Anyways, it would've likely made little difference.. He got a good lead in the 5th game and I wasn't able to catch up..

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 12:52pm

you lose the point?
Anyways, it would've likely made little difference.. He got a good lead in the 5th game and I wasn't able to catch up..
Also, pushblocker on your smash - you appeared to put your right forearm on the table - apparently that is also a fault. Only the wrist (racquet hand) can touch the table. 

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Posted By: aroonkl
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:05pm

Rick, please let me know what club you are playing in Vancouver as I will come to visit if I'll make it up AGAIN to Vancouver this summer.. I was just in Vancouver last October for a week and my wife wants to go back again this year...

I'll bring my camera and we can compare canadian vs. US Rating.. I play anybody with any canadian rating and then we can see what my 2155 rating is worth in Canada.. Then I'm going to post the video here, no matter if I lose to CDN 1500 players or not..
That is how u do it PB. I hope Rick does not try to HIDE again like 04'. He insulted and posted many claim overate himself and did little the others. Larry H. got pissed and paid a visit to CD and called him out over and over in the forum he bragged. He tried to dodge but agreed to play Larry at the end.
I believed his score were like 11-3, 11-5, 11-3 and last game exactly at 11-0. After that Tiger's Roar turned to be "Meow". LOL 
Am I corrected Rick?

Posted By: pingpongpaddy
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:13pm

you lose the point?

Also, pushblocker on your smash - you appeared to put your right forearm on the table - apparently that is also a fault. Only the wrist (racquet hand) can touch the table. 

Wrong. It is ok for the playing hand/arm to touch the table. The non playing hand/arm, is not allowed however

-------------
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by pingpongpaddy pingpongpaddy wrote:

you lose the point?

Wrong. It is ok for the playing hand/arm to touch the table. The non playing hand/arm, is not allowed however
I'm sure I'm right - I checked with a Canadian National Umpire! 

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

That is how u do it PB. I hope Rick does not try to HIDE again like 10 years ago. He insulted and posted many claim overate himself and did little the others. Larry H. got pissed and paid a visit to CD and called him out over and over in the forum he bragged. He tried to dodge but agreed to play Larry at the end.
I believed his score were like 11-3, 11-5, 11-3, 11-0 last game. After that Tiger's Roar turned to be "Meow". LOL 
Am I corrected Ricks Regards?

hi aroon

haha...nice try..  the full story was that i claimed to be able to destroy hodges and he said that he could also beat me....   he was so confident that he wanted to put some money on the match...when he arrived in vancouver he refused to play for money.    in an effort to 'sucker' him in i let him demolish me on two separate occasions in hopes of luring him into a cash game.  (i even played two games with right hand...im left handed)     even after the so called victory he would not play me for money despite my egging him on to do so.     

weird thing was that the day following these non matches i saw him at the trials and he whipped out his wallet and showed me that he had money.....lol...in case i was going to accuse him of not having money i guess..  lol  

he left town with his so called 'victory' and likes to brag about it if prompted...

the only thing i know for sure is that he wanted a cash game and ducked it twice when given the opportunity.

but of course he tells it differently.

again, nice tryClap

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:27pm

hi aroon

haha...nice try..  the full story was that i claimed to be able to destroy hodges and he said that he could also beat me....   he was so confident that he wanted to put some money on the match...when he arrived in vancouver he refused to play for money.    in an effort to 'sucker' him in i let him demolish me on two separate occasions in hopes of luring him into a cash game.  (i even played two games with right hand...im left handed)     even after the so called victory he would not play me for money despite my egging him on to do so.     

weird thing was that the day following these non matches i saw him at the trials and he whipped out his wallet and showed me that he had money.....lol...in case i was going to accuse him of not having money i guess..  lol  

he left town with his so called 'victory' and likes to brag about it if prompted...

the only thing i know for sure is that he wanted a cash game and ducked it twice when given the opportunity.

again, nice tryClap

regards
rick

I'm playing you for $300 or more if you'd like.. I've played enough canadian players to know that my level would be in canada and I"m pretty confident that I won't lose to anyone below 2000 canadian rating...  I've been extremely consistent since 2009 and only lost to 2 sub 2000 rated players and BOTH of them were Puerto Rican juniors who were extremely underrated and didn't get adjusted because they lost to other underrated players. I've played 100's and 100's of tournament matches and dozens of tournaments. One of them went up 200 points in his next USA tournament.. It's safe to say that I won't lose to a sub 2000 US rated player right now.  I'm actually pretty confident that there are very few sub 2100 players that can beat me in a tournament right now except for players who play me every week and know my game very well..
Just let me know where you play and if I really make it (right now, I'd say that it's about 55% certainty that I'll be in Vancouver this summer or fall). I put $300 on the table! 1 match, best of 5. Just like a tournament, you get 1 chance...

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:30pm

you lose the point?

perhaps you are a careless listener/reader! you need to be a bit more careful!

Here is the current rule regarding the Free hand:-
2.10.01.10      if an opponent's free hand touches the playing surface;
from:- a copy of the current rules concerning winning/losing point
2.10        A POINT
2.10.01      Unless the rally is a let, a player shall score a point
2.10.01.01      if an opponent fails to make a correct service;
2.10.01.02      if an opponent fails to make a correct return;
2.10.01.03      if, after he or she has made a service or a return, the ball touches anything other than the net assembly before being struck by an opponent;
2.10.01.04      if the ball passes over his or her court or beyond his or her end line without touching his or her court, after being struck by an opponent;
2.10.01.05      if an opponent obstructs the ball;
2.10.01.06      if an opponent deliberately strikes the ball twice in succession;
2.10.01.07      if an opponent strikes the ball with a side of the racket blade whose surface does not comply with the requirements of 2.4.3, 2.4.4 and 2.4.5;
2.10.01.08      if an opponent, or anything an opponent wears or carries, moves the playing surface;
2.10.01.09      if an opponent, or anything an opponent wears or carries, touches the net assembly;
2.10.01.11       if a doubles opponent strikes the ball out of the sequence established by the first server and first receiver;
2.10.01.12      as provided under the expedite system (2.15.4).
2.10.01.13      if both players or pairs are in a wheelchair due to a physical disability and
2.10.01.13.01      his or her opponent does not maintain a minimum contact with the seat or cushion(s), with the back of the thigh, when the ball is struck;
2.10.01.13.02      his or her opponent touches the table with either hand before striking the ball;
2.10.01.13.03      his or her opponent's footrest or foot touches the floor during play.
2.10.01.14      as provided under the order of play (2.8.3).

-------------
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max

Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:32pm

That is how u do it PB. I hope Rick does not try to HIDE again like 10 years ago. He insulted and posted many claim overate himself and did little the others. Larry H. got pissed and paid a visit to CD and called him out over and over in the forum he bragged. He tried to dodge but agreed to play Larry at the end.
I believed his score were like 11-3, 11-5, 11-3, 11-0 last game. After that Tiger's Roar turned to be "Meow". LOL 
Am I corrected Ricks Regards?

hi aroon

again, nice tryClap

regards
rick
No body goes to another city to another guy's club to duck.  At least that's not the definition of ducking LOL.

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:39pm

2.10        A POINT
2.10.01.03      if, after he or she has made a service or a return, the ball touches anything other than the net assembly before being struck by an opponent;
2.10.01.04      if the ball passes over his or her court or beyond his or her end line without touching his or her court, after being struck by an opponent;
2.10.01.06      if an opponent deliberately strikes the ball twice in succession;
2.10.01.07      if an opponent strikes the ball with a side of the racket blade whose surface does not comply with the requirements of 2.4.3, 2.4.4 and 2.4.5;
2.10.01.08      if an opponent, or anything an opponent wears or carries, moves the playing surface;
2.10.01.09      if an opponent, or anything an opponent wears or carries, touches the net assembly;
2.10.01.11       if a doubles opponent strikes the ball out of the sequence established by the first server and first receiver;
2.10.01.13      if both players or pairs are in a wheelchair due to a physical disability and
2.10.01.13.01      his or her opponent does not maintain a minimum contact with the seat or cushion(s), with the back of the thigh, when the ball is struck;
2.10.01.13.02      his or her opponent touches the table with either hand before striking the ball;
2.10.01.13.03      his or her opponent's footrest or foot touches the floor during play.
Interesting.. It was the playing hand that touched the table and after reviewing the point, it is not clear if the ball hit my hand OVER or behind the table.. It was very close.. Maybe I should've challenged that point with a referee. .There was video evidence...

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:49pm

2.10        A POINT
Interesting.. It was the playing hand that touched the table and after reviewing the point, it is not clear if the ball hit my hand OVER or behind the table.. It was very close.. Maybe I should've challenged that point with a referee. .There was video evidence...
No pushblocker - I am saying you lost that point on 2 infractions. Obstructing the ball over the table and your playing forearm being on the table. I was told by a National Umpire this is fault. Pingpongpaddy is saying this wrong and to prove it he's posted an irrelevant rule to the discussion!

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:51pm

you lose the point?

2.10        A POINT
There is no issue with free hand - why are you quoting an irrelevant rule. You are saying it's legal to put your forearm on the table - I believe you have to show that rule.

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Posted By: Tinykin
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:53pm

hi aroon
............ in an effort to 'sucker' him in i let him demolish me on two separate occasions in hopes of luring him into a cash game............
rick

Big smile
This reminds me of this sceneLOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCGPhzWWgco" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXLPgp2Pcec" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXLPgp2Pcec

-------------
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:56pm

2.10        A POINT

No pushblocker - I am saying you lost that point on 2 infractions. Obstructing the ball over the table and your playing forearm being on the table. I was told by a National Umpire this is fault. Pingpongpaddy is saying this wrong and to prove it he's posted an irrelevant rule to the discussion!

Actually what I posted was the complete set of the rules concerning this matter. The proof consists in the fact that there is no rule against touching the table with the playing forearm. If you want to back up your statement, contact your umpire friend and get a copy of the rule he is invoking. I don't mind waiting, but I wont hold my breath!!

-------------
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 1:56pm
LOL
Tinykin
Just to be clear - who's Camille in this scenario?

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Posted By: Rich215
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

hi aroon
............ in an effort to 'sucker' him in i let him demolish me on two separate occasions in hopes of luring him into a cash game............
rick

Big smile
This reminds me of this sceneLOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCGPhzWWgco" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXLPgp2Pcec" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXLPgp2Pcec

OH SNAP.......  LOL

Rick is what my friend calls a "Professional Excuse'er" ... what we would call a total BS'er.   Wink

He will never ever offer up proof (current vids) of himself playing anyone at his normal game and will never play anyone from MYtt that can call him out.  

Oh well.......what do you expect from the worlds greatest athlete with perfect strokes?

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

OH SNAP.......  LOL

Rick is what my friend calls a "Professional Excuse'er" ... what we would call a total BS'er.   Wink

He will never ever offer up proof (current vids) of himself playing anyone at his normal game and will never play anyone from MYtt that can call him out.  

Oh well.......what do you expect from the worlds greatest athlete with perfect strokes?

I'm still waiting for the perfect athlete to accept my $300 challenge...

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:19pm
pretty sure:  if pb plays bba

it will be a symphony of destruction

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:22pm

2.10        A POINT

Actually what I posted was the complete set of the rules concerning this matter. The proof consists in the fact that there is no rule against touching the table with the playing forearm. If you want to back up your statement, contact your umpire friend and get a copy of the rule he is invoking. I don't mind waiting, but I wont hold my breath!!
Pingpongpaddy - looks like I was given incorrect information according to this post. I'll have to have chat with the National Umpire.
http://tabletennis.about.com/od/questionsanswers/f/move_table.htm" rel="nofollow - http://tabletennis.about.com/od/questionsanswers/f/move_table.htm

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:23pm

Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

OH SNAP.......  LOL

I'm still waiting for the perfect athlete to accept my $300 challenge...
Damn, he's also the "perfect athlete" in addition to the best....man is amazing!

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Posted By: ZingyDNA
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:40pm

Pingpongpaddy - looks like I was given incorrect information according to this post. I'll have to have chat with the National Umpire.
http://tabletennis.about.com/od/questionsanswers/f/move_table.htm" rel="nofollow - http://tabletennis.about.com/od/questionsanswers/f/move_table.htm

Yeah you can touch the table with anything except the free hand, as long as you don't move it. You can even sit on the table, but I'd just hit you with the ball and claim the point for your obstruction of the ball LOL

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:42pm

2.10        A POINT

well done for admitting your mistake

-------------
inactive dotec carbokev

yin he galaxy 1 p
ly

FH moristo sp AX MAX

bh moristo sp ax max

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:44pm
Rick,
It is all make sense to me now. That was why all your Claimed High Level Skill turned to be disappoint Low Level. You undermined Larry to beat u as luring him in cash game. Impressive strategy.

Umm.... Wait a minute? Larry was pushing u to do Cash game since the beginning but u dodged and dodged. You even were shameful begging for big handicap points. Superior Athlete. Clap

And umm.... Wait another minute... Larry beat u with 11-0. Your total 4 games scores were  like 10 points. Dead
Very good job for camouflage your real skill. Next time let him beat u with closer points. It will be more collaborate with your story. Not totally BS like this.

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:44pm

- - - -

that's why i was wondering, if on a net dribbler (many of us have had those) - where you basically have to dive for the ball, if your racket hand touches the table - but you are successful in digging the ball and putting it back over the net (usually a desperate lunge)

then, you lose the point?

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:54pm

- - - -

that's why i was wondering, if on a net dribbler (many of us have had those) - where you basically have to dive for the ball, if your racket hand touches the table - but you are successful in digging the ball and putting it back over the net (usually a desperate lunge)

then, you lose the point?

Not sure but that rule may only apply to wheel chair contests.

-------------
Butterfly MPS

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 3:05pm
on that play:  the net dribbler, where you dive forward

i've thrown my racket (in a frisbee motion) and got the ball back to the other side, before

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 3:08pm
Throwing rackets take the racket out of a playing hand and loses the point.

-------------
Cybershape Carbon

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 3:11pm
i know

but, it was pretty cool

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 3:20pm

i know
but, it was pretty cool
Nah... Look bad.  Damage table/blade too. LOL

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 9:52pm

Rick,
It is all make sense to me now. That was why all your Claimed High Level Skill turned to be disappoint Low Level. You undermined Larry to beat u as luring him in cash game. Impressive strategy.

Umm.... Wait a minute? Larry was pushing u to do Cash game since the beginning but u dodged and dodged. You even were shameful begging for big handicap points. Superior Athlete. Clap

And umm.... Wait another minute... Larry beat u with 11-0. Your total 4 games scores were  like 10 points. Dead
Very good job for camouflage your real skill. Next time let him beat u with closer points. It will be more collaborate with your story. Not totally BS like this.

hodges was sent packing with his tail between his legs.    he had two chances on two separate nights to put up the cash that he said he would then balked.     you're not thinking it through...if he legitimately beat me the first night...you know...creamed me...then why would i go back the next night for more punishment?    the only plausible reason, which is lost on a simpleton, is that i was trying to sucker him him.     again....strangest thing ever that after a guy thinks he's just destroyed you...twice...he *still* won't play for money.    guess my acting skills are not as good as i thought they would be....   also...fwiw...he looked to be about a solid 1700 player.....canadian.

to this day i still chuckle about him backing out.LOL

regards
rick

-------------

Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:04pm

hodges was sent packing with his tail between his legs.    he had two chances on two separate nights to put up the cash that he said he would then balked.     you're not thinking it through...if he legitimately beat me the first night...you know...creamed me...then why would i go back the next night for more punishment?    the only plausible reason, which is lost on a simpleton, is that i was trying to sucker him him.     again....strangest thing ever that after a guy thinks he's just destroyed you...twice...he *still* won't play for money.    guess my acting skills are not as good as i thought they would be....   also...fwiw...he looked to be about a solid 1700 player.....canadian.

regards
rick

You haven't responded to my challenge yet.. Are you going to play me for $300, one match best of 5 if I come there this summer or fall?

-------------

Posted By: cmetsbeltran15
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:14pm

Rick,

you know...creamed me...then why would i go back the next night for more punishment?    

regards
rick

you know...if you got banned from forums multiple times...then why would you find some way to sneak back in just to post more?

I'd say your acting skills are probably 2200/800...USATT/TTCAN

Posted By: beeray1
Date Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:25pm

Rick,

hodges was sent packing with his tail between his legs.    he had two chances on two separate nights to put up the cash that he said he would then balked.     you're not thinking it through...if he legitimately beat me the first night...you know...creamed me...then why would i go back the next night for more punishment?    the only plausible reason, which is lost on a simpleton, is that i was trying to sucker him him.     again....strangest thing ever that after a guy thinks he's just destroyed you...twice...he *still* won't play for money.    guess my acting skills are not as good as i thought they would be....   also...fwiw...he looked to be about a solid 1700 player.....canadian.

regards
rick

I usually stay out of the Rick arguments but being that this one is extra entertaining I gotta say man- If you legitimately lost on purpose to sucker Larry then that's the WORST hustle ever. Who on earth is stupid enough to agree to a money game with someone they just beat that bad in a non-money game? If someone gets beat that bad and they are then willing to bet money right away, that's the most stupid and obvious hustle in the book. I'd expect better from anybody. It's insulting to someone's intelligence to think that anyone would go for something like that. 

The only simpleton here is you for thinking that a hustle like that would work and for thinking that you're good at this trolling game. But you don't sound that stupid, you speak very well and I can tell you at least have knowledge of the game. But again you're just a troll, and not a very good one. Being a good troll is an art form, something of subtlety that is often lost on your audience because you create the suspicion but introduce the doubt of whether or not you really are a troll. On purpose of course. Some people are really that crazy. Meaning that at the end of the day, it's likely just an awfully obvious attempt at a BS excuse for getting beat by Larry Hodges- really bad

So you're either a horrible hustler, or an even more horrible troll. 

Either way you're the dummy here. 

Regards, 
B-Ray. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net