Print Page | Close Window

Double Day Terminator ZLC/ALC Review

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=72177
Printed Date: 03/28/2024 at 5:30pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Double Day Terminator ZLC/ALC Review
Posted By: 42andbackpains
Subject: Double Day Terminator ZLC/ALC Review
Date Posted: 07/10/2015 at 6:08pm
I have attained the Double Day Terminator from the greatest seller on MYTT (Schen). I have posted up some pics first to hold you over. I have been coughing up a storm for 3 weeks and finally feel better this week. I will most likely give a in depth review of the blade by next week or the week after.

Double Day Terminator. Comes in a nice book cover case with a cutout of Taiwan island nation for the see through window. What make this blade unique is that the forehand side is ZLC carbon & Koto Wood and the backhand side is ALC carbon & Aniegre wood . So in theory you will have a more powerful forehand and softer controllable backhand (Zhang Jike Fh with a Viscaria Bh???). And Schen tells me this is there best selling blade and i find the build quality very comparable to Butterfly. For the price of around $130, i find it quite reasonable for this carbon and wood combination. Ask Schen for the history of the company and you will be surprised. I will most likely pair this blade with my LIDU Gold(H3 type rubber) on the forehand and Adidas Ultra Tenzon on the backhand. The handle colors are very unique too, the ZLC side is blue outer color with bright yellow inner color and the ALC side is dark grey outer color with a light blue inner. As for the side view, the darker lined carbon is ZLC and the light blue is ALC. Blade is serialized to prevent knockoffs and there is a black metal tag on the bottom of the handle. Enjoy the pics first. Thanks

ZLC Carbon on forehand with Koto Wood Off+
ALC Carbon on backhand with Aniegre Wood Off

Label translation: Best i can do by asking my wife and using google translate Tongue
Speed: Medium Fast 
Feeling:Soft
5 Ply
ZLC x1
ALC x1
Standard built to exact standards
Weight:89 grams
Handle: Flared
Handle size: 100x23mm
Head size: 157x150mm
Thickness: 6.1mm

-------------
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down

Replies:
Posted By: AndySmith
Date Posted: 07/11/2015 at 3:13am
Awesome, bring the info coughy back pains man!  Really wanted to hear more about this blade since schen's magical journey of discovery.

Posted By: JacekGM
Date Posted: 07/11/2015 at 12:02pm
But what if, down the road, the quality turns out to be not that good?

-------------
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.

Date Posted: 07/11/2015 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

But what if, down the road, the quality turns out to be not that good?

Mine is very nice and you never know about the future. Why do people pay hundreds of dollars for old Stiga clippers and Black Tag Viscarias. So only you can make your own decision about quality and what works for you.Smile

-------------
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red

Posted By: AndySmith
Date Posted: 07/11/2015 at 2:04pm
Yes, too early to tell if they're as good as butterfly or as bad as modern stiga. ;-)

Posted By: asifgunz
Date Posted: 07/11/2015 at 6:42pm
Where did you buy your Gold LIDU ?

-------------

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629

Date Posted: 07/11/2015 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Where did you buy your Gold LIDU ?

http://www.saletabletennis.com/?product=lidu-gold

Here ya go...Go crazy.

-------------
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red

Posted By: amoy
Date Posted: 07/11/2015 at 9:39pm
Where can one aquire this double day terminator?

Date Posted: 07/11/2015 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by amoy amoy wrote:

Contact Schen, he is a long time forum member and a trusted seller in the For Sale section of this forum. Good luck

-------------
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
BH Butterfly T05 Red

Posted By: amoy
Date Posted: 07/11/2015 at 9:58pm
Great! And get well. Really looking forward to your review.

Posted By: ashishsharmaait
Date Posted: 07/12/2015 at 11:39am
Originally posted by amoy amoy wrote:

I got mine from ping-pong.tw.
I am yet to play seriously with it. It seemed too fast (the FH side) for me during the 3-4 hr hit I had with it.

Posted By: PeonEater
Date Posted: 09/10/2015 at 2:17pm

I bought this blade (FL-88g) from schen at the US Open a couple of months ago and have just put some rubbers on it (2x T05) and tried it last night at the club.  The quality of the blade itself is quite good, with the handle being smooth to the point that a few times I felt like it was going to slip out of my hand.  The one thing that somewhat bothered me were the lenses on the handle, where the lettering protrudes from the base even though the edges were rounded.  I think I prefer having a smooth lens.

Here are my initial impressions:

The ZLC side was not as fast as I expected, probably in the OFF range.  The feel is similar to the Mizutani, but slightly slower.  During passive shots, the control is quite good as placing the ball short is extremely easy to do.  Compared to the ALC side, the ZLC side has more power to finish the point and is better at driving the ball, but the dwell time is not as significant even though the feel is not that hard.

The ALC side feels like a slightly thicker version of the TB ZLF.  I would rate the speed as OFF-, but where this shines is the dwell time.  Due to the soft feel and medium thickness, I was able to loop with a lot of spin.  It does require more of an upward stroke though, as the throw angle seemed quite low.

Using T05 on both sides, it was easy to feel the difference of the two sides.  While hitting, the difference was not as large, but when looping, the feel was completely different.  I would recommend it for someone who drives the ball on the one side and spin loops on the other.

Posted By: lineup32
Date Posted: 09/10/2015 at 3:22pm
I have been playing with this blade for about 4 weeks.  Mine is 82grams.  When the blade arrived myself and another player did a rebound test with it against 4 other blades:   1ply 10mm WRC, 1Ply 9.2 WRC, 1 Ply 9.2 Cypress and the QVT ZLC.
The Valiant ZLC side had the highest rebound which was unexpected and the 10mm WRC was a close 2nd.
Its a very nice blade well made and fun to play with.  I use P7 BH and Renanos Hold FH both Max
The outstanding feature of the blade is the SLC side which allows high control for a fast blade. Did not have an issue with the handle.  The only negative is that its a 3+2 blade design and would like to see D.D. offer the SLC in 5+2 design.  

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net