Print Page | Close Window

The Advanced Response Blade - The Future of Table

Printed From: Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET
Category: Equipment
Forum Name: Equipment
Forum Description: Share your experience and discussions about table tennis equipments.
Moderator: haggisv
Assistant Moderators: position available

URL: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=74084
Printed Date: 04/24/2024 at 8:14am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Advanced Response Blade - The Future of Table
Posted By: Anthony.R.Brown
Subject: The Advanced Response Blade - The Future of Table
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 5:18am
The Advanced Response Blade - The Future of Table Tennis Now! - by Anthony.R.Brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgclc3ctBJ8

Replies:
Posted By: Rhainur
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 7:10am
A 3 minute video that could have been summed up with 1 image.

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Rhainur Rhainur wrote:

A 3 minute video that could have been summed up with 1 image.

It's Amazing how a Person does not want to use 3 Minutes of their life to watch something as Ground breaking as the Evolution of the Table Tennis :(

Posted By: Fulanodetal
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 12:02pm
How is this revolutionary? Pistol grip paddles have been available for a while!!!

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

How is this revolutionary? Pistol grip paddles have been available for a while!!!

The Pistol Grip thing ? is Nothing like The Advanced Response Blade  

The Advantages with The Advanced Response Blade to other Failed designs are...

(1) Weight (The A.R.B has a similar weight to a Normal Blade) the Pistol Grip thing ? looks Heavy! :(.
(2) No Finger obstructions or Top heavy problems you have with a Shake-Hold Blade and the Pistol Grip thing ?.
(3) No Back hand or Full Top Spin problems you have with a Pen-Hold Blade and the Pistol Grip thing ?.
(4) The A.R.B can produce Extreme Spin Serves because of the angles that can be used...Example Full Horizontal bottom Spin,Full Top Spin because of a fast whip wrist action,etc. the Pistol Grip thing ? looks like a Big problem to manoeuvre into such Strokes (The trapped finger hole is a problem!) :( .
(5) A wider variety of possible Serves & Strokes because of the flexibility regarding the Loop-Hold (like having more gears!) the Pistol Grip thing ? has limited possible Strokes.
(6) The ability to return balls Very close to the net at Extreme angles (like just behind the net) and the Pistol Grip thing ?. would return basic close to the net angled balls.
(7) Etc.

Posted By: JimT
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 12:28pm
1. Why is it called Advance Response Blade? Please do not get offended - but the name is kinda nonsensical and has nothing to do with the shape or whatever.

2. When I see the words "something as Ground breaking as the Evolution of the Table Tennis" my first instinct is to close the page. We have seen quite a few "ground-breaking things" and my tolerance for such texts over the years has become really low. I would advise you to stop using statements like this - they are, frankly, irritating and off-putting.

Simply put - this blade seems to be ITTF-legal so you can start selling it and whoever wants to try it will be able to play with it, and then we will see if players like it or not.

The proof of pudding is ... you know. Come back and let us know if this particular pudding is popular or not.

-------------
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...

Posted By: LOG1C1AN
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 12:33pm
I'm always interested in new concepts, but this video showed me nothing. I'd suggest some footage including slo-mo up close of whoever is the most skilled user of your product in actual gameplay demonstrating why this is so evolutionary.

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

1. Why is it called Advance Response Blade? Please do not get offended - but the name is kinda nonsensical and has nothing to do with the shape or whatever.

2. When I see the words "something as Ground breaking as the Evolution of the Table Tennis" my first instinct is to close the page. We have seen quite a few "ground-breaking things" and my tolerance for such texts over the years has become really low. I would advise you to stop using statements like this - they are, frankly, irritating and off-putting.

Simply put - this blade seems to be ITTF-legal so you can start selling it and whoever wants to try it will be able to play with it, and then we will see if players like it or not.

The proof of pudding is ... you know. Come back and let us know if this particular pudding is popular or not.

The Name (The Advanced Response Blade) is because that's what it is (It's a Very Advanced Responsive Blade) Smile and because it's My Name initials A.R.B (Anthony.R.Brown) Smile
The Hold is called (The Loop-Hold) because that's what it is using a Loop as a Hold and so separates it from The Shake-Hold and the Pen-Hold.

As far as what else you have wrote Confused I thought this was a Forum ? about & for General discussion ?
So I will not bother you with much more about My Blade...I will just post a Link to the Blade in Action doing what it does best Playing Table Tennis at a high level and defeating players using Normal Blades,the rest as they say will be Historic Wink

Posted By: Bran
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 12:51pm
The main issue with this design is that it directs most of the feedback to the palm, which isn't the most sensitive nor accurate part of the hand.

It overlooks the importance of the fingers in table tennis, and in particular the thumb and the index.

I also think the grip limits wrists movements and favours forearm over it, which again is limiting a very important aspect of table tennis technique.

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

The main issue with this design is that it directs most of the feedback to the palm, which isn't the most sensitive nor accurate part of the hand.

It overlooks the importance of the fingers in table tennis, and in particular the thumb and the index.

I also think the grip limits wrists movements and favours forearm over it, which again is limiting a very important aspect of table tennis technique.

Hi Bran if you look at the Photo I posted above...you will See that not only is the Main finger used in the Loop-Hold but also the Thumb and as you said the Palm Wink

The Loop-Hold has Maximum wrist movement...compared to a Whip like action! if ever you place it in your hand you will know what I am saying Smile

Take care.

Posted By: Dr.Cho
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 1:14pm
Anthony, I applaud anyone that can bring something that can be an improvement to the game.
I also am on this quest. I have made over 100 blades to improve the paddle.
I have a design very similar to yours that I came up with back in 2000.
Here is what I found while prototyping this design.
Very good at looping when you get the right angle
Head heavy with rubbers on, you might consider a softer lighter rubber
Hard to get angles when near the net. because of the handle
Fun to play with but not a serious alternative. In my opinion.
Dr Cho

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Dr.Cho Dr.Cho wrote:

Anthony, I applaud anyone that can bring something that can be an improvement to the game.
I also am on this quest. I have made over 100 blades to improve the paddle.
I have a design very similar to yours that I came up with back in 2000.
Here is what I found while prototyping this design.
Very good at looping when you get the right angle
Head heavy with rubbers on, you might consider a softer lighter rubber
Hard to get angles when near the net. because of the handle
Fun to play with but not a serious alternative. In my opinion.
Dr Cho

Hi Dr.Cho

Your design must have been different to mine then as I have no such problems...please read what I wrote above Regarding (The Pistol Grip thing ? is Nothing like The Advanced Response Blade)

Bye.  

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 1:36pm
The fingers aren't positioned on the blade face, which is where most feel comes from, and they most importantly don't dictate the angle of the bat. This is left to the wrist. It's also not very natural to pinch your thumb and index this way.

As for wrist movement, yes, there is, and it won't feel that heavy due to the balance. However, when you cock it back, it goes too far and stops too early compared to the hit point which is in the prolongation of the forearm. It's alright for the BH but not for the FH.

If you want to convince, you'll have to demonstrate it's possible to play a high level game with this or at the very least prove that you have a biomechanical edge over the current grips.

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Bran Bran wrote:

The fingers aren't positioned on the blade face, which is where most feel comes from, and they most importantly don't dictate the angle of the bat. This is left to the wrist. It's also not very natural to pinch your thumb and index this way.

As for wrist movement, yes, there is, and it won't feel that heavy due to the balance. However, when you cock it back, it goes too far and stops too early compared to the hit point which is in the prolongation of the forearm. It's alright for the BH but not for the FH.

If you want to convince, you'll have to demonstrate it's possible to play a high level game with this or at the very least prove that you have a biomechanical edge over the current grips.

The Fingers placed on the Face of the Blade are where points are lost because of Balls hitting them! :( one of the Disadvantages of the Shake-Hold Etc. (and a Hard Ball on those Fingers can last to make a Person lose even more Points!)
It is very Natural to pinch something with the Finger and Thumb (Just ask Chinese Etc. Chop Stick users!) :)
The Angle of the Bat is the whole picture from the Fingers,Thumb,Palm...

P.S you have Never played with The Advanced Response Blade :)

Take care!

Posted By: Matt Pimple
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Anthony.R.Brown Anthony.R.Brown wrote:

you have Never played with The Advanced Response Blade

So, then why don't you send a blade to a few members on the forum here to test it?

-------------
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55835&title=feed-back-for-matt-pimple" rel="nofollow - My Feedback

Posted By: AcudaDave
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 2:07pm
It would be great to see a video of someone playing a match with it. The youtube video just has a pic of the blade and nothing more. I want to see it used by a high-level player in a match.

-------------
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

It would be great to see a video of someone playing a match with it. The youtube video just has a pic of the blade and nothing more. I want to see it used by a high-level player in a match.

Exactly. Video (possibly with some slow motion) would be nice...

-------------

Posted By: mhnh007
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 2:42pm
The problem with these type of grip (Pistol grip included) are the short game.  FH push is very hard, and you can not FH smash with this grip, just looping on the FH is OK.

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

The problem with these type of grip (Pistol grip included) are the short game.  FH push is very hard, and you can not FH smash with this grip, just looping on the FH is OK.
I agree.

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by mhnh007 mhnh007 wrote:

The Advanced Response Blade is Not! in one of those Type of grips you mention (Pistol grip included) as I have mentioned above!
There are No problems with the Short game or long game Smile The FH push is very easy to play as it the BH push the FH smash and BH smash are much more Powerful than the Shake-Hold and Pen-Hold because when playing such shots a player takes advantage of being able to Grip more Handle provided by the Loop-Hold,(other lighter shots the hand is relaxed!) the biggest problem I have with either of those shots is Breaking the stupid New plastic balls! I have even had them break in two pieces in mid air! Shocked

Posted By: idk
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 3:06pm
Judging by his lack of replies to posts that ask him to prove that his product works, I can only conclude that Mr. ARB came up with some random product and just wants to tell the internet how cool he thinks it is, rather than actually getting people to use his creation.

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by idk idk wrote:

Judging by his lack of replies to posts that ask him to prove that his product works, I can only conclude that Mr. ARB came up with some random product and just wants to tell the internet how cool he thinks it is, rather than actually getting people to use his creation.

You are a bit late for the Party idk so you need to read more about me Posting a Video at some time showing the A.R.B in action Smile

Bye for now...

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 4:12pm

You are a bit late for the Party idk so you need to read more about me Posting a Video at some time showing the A.R.B in action Smile

Bye for now...
Late for the party? You claim to have invented something revolutionary in 2010, and in 2016 you don't have a single video demonstrating the superiority of your product in an actual game.

Posted By: zeio
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 4:24pm
I want my three minutes of life back.  I skipped right through it after staring at the first screen of text and a background still like a retard for 3 seconds.

I also happen to have something groundbreaking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKx1aenJK08&" rel="nofollow - to present (mine is a better deal as it'll just cost you 1m24s of your life).

-------------
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 4:29pm

The Fingers placed on the Face of the Blade are where points are lost because of Balls hitting them!

LOL  Well ok then.  Not sure why anyone would want to feed this particular troll the attention he craves.

Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 4:29pm

Bye for now...
Late for the party? You claim to have invented something revolutionary in 2010, and in 2016 you don't have a single video demonstrating the superiority of your product in an actual game.

There are reasons for the late Reveal to the World regarding the A.R.B, the Blade has been a possible Secret Weapon...bit too long to explain here but something of a possible surprise at the London 2012 games (if ever I would have made it) :( 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_tennis_at_the_2012_Summer_Olympics

Posted By: AcudaDave
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 4:32pm
Maybe you should make a tennis racket with this design too and apply for a patent.

-------------
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH

Posted By: vvk1
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 5:39pm
Now that the chess world has been conquered by the A.R.B system :-), table tennis is next ...

Posted By: JKC
Date Posted: 01/04/2016 at 5:55pm
Send me one to try. 

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34kRbLNCcpk" rel="nofollow - Fred 49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGShBxEKnDk%20rel=" rel="nofollow - I once could serve

Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 1:26am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Now that the chess world has been conquered by the A.R.B system :-), table tennis is next ...

True! Smile It's your Move... Checkmate! Wink

Posted By: Tassie52
Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 1:53am
C'mon guys, cut ARB some slack. Just because nobody's won an ITTF championship with this blade doesn't mean we should mock the guy. (Or a national championship. Or a local tournament. Or anything at all for that matter.) Lots of good ideas have seemed crazy at first; the Swiss cheese hydroplane, tissue paper underwear, and turpentine flavoured lip gloss were all pooh poohed in their day. Nobody ever thought concrete toothbrushes would be the success they are today, or that soluble contact lenses would ever be SpecSavers' biggest seller. We have to learn to be less cynical, people!

Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 2:45am
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

Just because nobody's won an ITTF championship with this blade doesn't mean we should mock the guy.
Did you see what he said a couple of posts up? It was supposed to be a surprise at the 2012 Olympics LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I guess this crappy video was posted to build hype for his grand appearance at Rio 2016

Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 5:25am

Just because nobody's won an ITTF championship with this blade doesn't mean we should mock the guy.
Did you see what he said a couple of posts up? It was supposed to be a surprise at the 2012 Olympics LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I guess this crappy video was posted to build hype for his grand appearance at Rio 2016

The Children have finally surfaced! 

Posted By: Tinykin
Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 5:51am
Let's see.
At first I thought, troll? tick
Then self-dellusional? tick
Maybe even, charlatan, ...maybe.
But then I thought, very eloquent. tick
Why it can only be the one and only painter from Vancouver!!!!

Hello, Rick. How long do you think that it will take before the moderators ban you this time?

Larry, Larry where are you? Rick's back!

-------------
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset

Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

Let's see.
At first I thought, troll? tick
Then self-dellusional? tick
Maybe even, charlatan, ...maybe.
But then I thought, very eloquent. tick
Why it can only be the one and only painter from Vancouver!!!!

Hello, Rick. How long do you think that it will take before the moderators ban you this time?

Larry, Larry where are you? Rick's back!

I should not really Agree with you but I do Smile  but I think Tassie52 is not really as Bad as you say!

Posted By: Tinykin
Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 6:45am
Good one, RickLOL. You haven't lost your touch, I see.

-------------
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset

Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 5:43pm

Posted By: victorm
Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 7:43pm
Rather than commenting back and forth you need to post a video with this blade...

Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by victorm victorm wrote:

Rather than commenting back and forth you need to post a video with this blade...
You're quite right, except Mr Brown has no intention of doing anything other than trolling. He doesn't have video from any legitimate play for two reasons: 1. the blade in the pictures is illegal, and 2. it doesn't work anyhow.

Posted By: Baal
Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 9:37pm
There is certainly nothing in the images that gives us a clue what it's made of.  Hell, it may not even be made of wood (which would be problematic to say the least).

Thanks to a poster at Table Tennis Daily we learn that Anthony R. Brown has played the same game on chess forums and has been banned from many of them.  Quoting Brabhamista, "In general [his trolling] takes the form of carpet bombing forums in a particular topic with a "genius idea". He then evades criticism or questions, plays offended and slowly but surely stokes the fire through promises of further info in the near future and prodding, probing and baiting members in general - not unlike in this particular post in our forum."

More information is here:

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?12024-The-Advanced-Response-Blade-The-Future-of-Table-Tennis-Now!-by-Anthony-R-Brown&p=132300&viewfull=1#post132300

Given this posting history, and the fact that he has posted this "video" on four different table tennis forums that I know of, with pretty much the same response everywhere, Mr. Brown can be advised as follows:  The next post from you on this subject must be a video of someone playing with this new blade.  Any other comment you make will be hidden.  Any attempt to start another thread about this new blade design will get you banned.

Posted By: viva
Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 10:57pm
I cannot wait to try this blade !!
OMG this is revolutionary must have one....

or I have a better Idea WinkLOL

https://imgflip.com/i/ww3te" rel="nofollow">

-------------
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback

Date Posted: 01/05/2016 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Given this posting history, and the fact that he has posted this "video" on four different table tennis forums that I know of, with pretty much the same response everywhere, Mr. Brown can be advised as follows:  The next post from you on this subject must be a video of someone playing with this new blade.  Any other comment you make will be hidden.  Any attempt to start another thread about this new blade design will get you banned.
I'm sorry Baal but I disagree. Trolls must be allowed to troll, otherwise they have no reason to exist. Who are we to deny someone their right to exist?

I would, however, like to offer a compromise: Given that Mr Brown is already a treasured member of TTDaily (and other forums), it does seem completely unnecessary for him to be here as well; I suggest that his membership here be cancelled and he is referred back to TTDaily where he can troll to his heart's content!

Posted By: Ross Leidy
Date Posted: 01/06/2016 at 4:17pm
Someone should build one of these and get it out there for people to test and video.  Wink

-------------
Ross
http://rossleidy.com - http://rossleidy.com - Handcrafted Table Tennis Blades

Date Posted: 01/06/2016 at 10:26pm

Originally posted by victorm victorm wrote:

You're quite right, except Mr Brown has no intention of doing anything other than trolling. He doesn't have video from any legitimate play for two reasons: 1. the blade in the pictures is illegal, and 2. it doesn't work anyhow.

That it doesn't work - I agree.

Illegal - why? If something is flat, doesn't have holes on the playing surface and made of wood - then it can be called TT blade and is legal by ITTF rules. Unless I am missing smth here...

-------------

Date Posted: 01/06/2016 at 10:27pm
In any case I completely agree with Baal - our patience is not infinite. Any further attempts at this type of trolling from Mr. "Future of Table Tennis" will have to be erased, and followed with a ban.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/07/2016 at 4:50am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

He doesn't have video from any legitimate play for two reasons: 1. the blade in the pictures is illegal, and 2. it doesn't work anyhow.
Illegal - why? If something is flat, doesn't have holes on the playing surface and made of wood - then it can be called TT blade and is legal by ITTF rules. Unless I am missing smth here...
Look at the amount of blade not covered by rubber:

Originally posted by ITTF </div><table style=padding: 3px 0px; font-size: 8pt; font-family: Arial;><t><tr><td =#F5F6F2 valign=top>2.04.04 ITTF 
2.04.04 wrote:

The covering material shall extend up to but not beyond the limits of the blade, except that the part nearest the handle and gripped by the fingers may be left uncovered or covered with any material.

Posted By: Imago
Date Posted: 01/07/2016 at 6:47am
http://www.pravdareport.com/science/tech/09-09-2005/8892-brain-0/" rel="nofollow - Found an interesting article

Posted By: ARB
Date Posted: 10/12/2018 at 6:10am
The Advanced Response Blade - by Anthony.R.Brown - Video Clip :)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6va7s1

Date Posted: 10/12/2018 at 6:36am
He's back!  How long before the moderators step in?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net